AC Shutters and Awnings Inc.

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2007

We’re committed to providing you with the highest level of service, so you’ll always be happy that you chose us. Here at AC Shutters and Awnings, we promise to never unfairly take advantage of someone who needs our services. We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and we firmly believe that you'll see the difference when you choose our company. We've also been family- owned and operated from the start. We may not be related, but you’ll feel like we’re family. License Number: SCC131149617 ....

+31 more images

hurricane shutters (239)awnings (32)window treatment (20)general contractors (14)door installation (13)garage doors (10)window replacement (8)house painting (3)handyman (3)Patios (2)roofing (2)patio enclosures (1)

07/11/2022

Robert A.

Please disregard the negative statement I left here before. I found out that Armando the owner father in law is very sick and he has been taking care of him. The owner came today 07/11/2022 and finished the job. I am very happy with the final outcome and will refer him to others.

Description of Work
Accordion Hurricane Shutters

Category awnings

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

05/03/2021

Patricia H.

I met with Mr. Armando Colon to obtain a quote to change out existing hurricane protection to accordion shutters on several large openings. He was right on time for appointment, very knowledgeable about his product and what problems may occur during removal of my existing hardware and installation of new. His price was a very good, and if I had started this project well before hurricane season, I probably would of contracted his company. Right now, I am going to leave the existing condition as is, but will keep his contact info on file.

Description of Work
Wanted to replace existing hurricane panels with accordion shutters.

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

04/18/2020

Jenifer W.

Installation was quick and professional.

Description of Work
Accordion Shutters

Category awnings, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

10/04/2019

Maria B G.

AMAZING!!! Armando was so professional and it was all done so quickly!! I highly recommend this company and his pricing was fair too! Thank you Armando for making this process STRESS FREE!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

10/03/2019

Sean P.

Great. Thanks for the recommendation. It got done faster than I thought it would. No problems.

Description of Work
Installation of accordion shutters

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

08/10/2019

Robert B.

Good price, good service, and no problems!

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

08/08/2019

Judy P.

I have used AC shutters several times.Armado and his team are very professional. They came and fixed my shutter in a very short time. I would always call them first and plan on using them to replace several doors. Great company!

Description of Work
Fix a shutter

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

08/02/2019

Luis M.

Called Armando several times, send him pictures of what I need fixed. Spoke with him of what was needed. He ask for my address and told me to call him next. I called him next week and told me he was behind schedule and to call him again next week. I understand it is hurricane season and everybody must be calling him but I find it very disrespectful to try to string along a client. I would respect a business that tells me it is busy and can't take a minor job at the time. Your time is money but so is mine.

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutter maintenance/repair.

05/03/2019

Neil R.

It went very well. Services were performed properly. They were responsive when I contacted them. Shutters all were tested and worked properly. Workman were professional and courteous. I would use again. They also installed two exterior doors.

Description of Work
hurricane shutters

Category doors, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 01/03/2019

03/21/2019

Dan L.

It went superbly: We shopped extensively before deciding on AC Shutters, and we chose AC due to price, service, and quality, not to mention that Armando's a good guy and somebody with integrity who truly values his and his firm's reputations. We couldn't recommend AC Shutters more highly, and we give him permission to have any for his prospective customers contact us to find out about our experiences both before, during, and after installation of our hurricane shutters.

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters install on all glass openings.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

03/08/2019

Anu A.

Armando is a good man, reliable, quick in getting everything done on time with great prices and service. We recommend working with him

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutters. Garage Door and Front Door

Category garage doors, doors, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

02/13/2019

hugh Q.

Armando the owner came out and gave me the estimate. Was very clear on the time frame since he was very busy. Gave an initial deposit and waited about 2 months. I was quoted by other companies and AC shutters was not the cheapest, but the quality of the shutters were much superior. Armando answers your call immediately or returns the call very quick. Its like the saying goes "you get what you pay for" Yes I paid a bit more than the other quotes; but I received a excellent service and high grade product.

Description of Work
Installed new storm accordian shutters

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

02/08/2019

jose R.

Great job, and excellent price. Kept me informed. Had custom windows, and they accommodated the unusual sizes.

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters install

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

12/12/2018

Ryan B.

Armando was very professional and extremely helpful. He answered the phone every time I called him and showed up on time as scheduled to install my hurricane shutters. I highly recommend AC Shutters and Awnings for anyone in need of accordion hurricane shutters.

Description of Work
I needed accordion hurricane shutters installed.

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

12/08/2018

frank F.

What a wonderful company there are no words to explain what a wonderful job they did. From the first call the response from the owner Armando Colon and his follow up was wonderful, the best company I have dealt with in south Florida in almost 30 years. He provided an estimate and a detail of the work to be performed in beginning of October and stated the work would be done in the beginning of December. Well he actually was early and the work was finished by the end of November. The work crew he had was fantastic and there clean up was really good. The inspection was done on Friday December 7 and of course it passed. He had a worker here first thing in the morning and he waited for the inspector, who came at noon. He not only removed the manual shutter system he filled in the hole and painted where necessary, excellent job. A company you can trust his estimate was not the lowest but his shutters are first class and the work is also. They reflect the owner Armando. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace manual Hurricane shutters with according

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

12/06/2018

Lianna S.

Armando Colon and his employee did an outstanding job keeping us posted in regards to the permit as well as updating us on a regular basis. The shutters are of excellent quality, meet county requirements and the price is affordable. I would recommend this company 100% for its excellent product quality, service, and professionalism.

Description of Work
Shutters in all windows in my house as well as main entrance door.

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

11/21/2018

Laura D.

Outstanding. A repairman was nearby and came immediately. He was professional and tackled a difficult problem until it was perfect. The roll up was old and I expected to need a new one. It renewed my faith in honest business practices. The manager was also a person of integrity. This time of year I can believe again in kindness. This company is a jewel.

Description of Work
Repair of roll up shutter

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

09/05/2018

sharon W.

The installation went well, Armando was responsive and helpful, but getting him to come back to fix something has been HORRIBLE! My husband has called at least 6 times and I have called and texted 3 times over the past 7 months and we have yet to get the problem fixed.

Description of Work
Accordion shutters installed last year.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

08/26/2018

Sylvie E.

Working with Armando has been a great pleasure. His employees are very respectful and professional. Fair price and great service; something very difficult to find in Miami. I would reccomend AC shutters and will use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Accordion shutters and impact doors installation

Work Completed On 08/26/2018

06/13/2018

Surendran P.

One of shutter he installed causes that window not to open. (There was an AT&T box initially. In stead of asking me to get the box moved, he placed shutters such a way the window does not open.) I had the AT&T box moved now. After many phone calls Armando Colon came and measured the space to fix the shutters. But it is still not fixed. His answering machine is full. I tried to contact him through Angies List. He answered first message saying he will call back. After a month, after many unanswered phone calls, the work is still unfinished.

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

06/11/2018

Fiel C.

Very professional. The job was completed with high quality.

Description of Work
Install accordion shutters on 20 windows/sliding doors

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/31/2018

REGINA O.

We called three times, left two messages but never received a return call.

Description of Work
Accordian Shutters

Work Completed On 05/31/2018