Joe Hillman Plumbers Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

2280 SW 70th Ave Ste 1-2

Davie, FL 33317

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are available 24/7/365. Large Enough To Serve & Small Enough To Care! Call our office today at (954) 577-9445 or visit our website at www.joehillmanplumbers.com. Joe Hillman Plumbers, Inc. has been serving South Florida for over 30 years and would like to introduce ourselves to you and inform you of the many services we can offer to help you solve your plumbing problems. As a fully licensed and insured plumbing contractor, Joe Hillman Plumbers, Inc. offers a full staff of expert plumbing technicians and office staff to serve any need you may have! We also have office personnel answering phones 24 hours a day with an on call team of highly trained technicians ready to provide assistance when you really need it! Joe Hillman Plumbers, Inc. is committed to deliver the highest quality workmanship at competitive rates, and all of our work is completed with expedience and unequaled professionalism. ...

4.2

plumbers (230)water heaters (53)drain cleaning (25)concrete repair (9)mudjacking (6)home remodeling (5)water softeners (3)septic tank service (3)excavating (1)

11/11/2021

vicki F.

Alex was great explained everything and we will have him back to replace some faucets.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal and various odd fixes in our new home

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Thank you so much for the A rating and for your kind words regarding Alex. We appreciate your business!

08/24/2021

Justin L.

Sunday call out is expensive. I had a broken pipe under kitchen sink, the water had to be shut off to the house. They were able to send Yaw to my house in 90 minutes which was great. Yaw was polite and knowledgeable. He had a mask on and removed his shoes when he came in without me asking him to. Job was completed and my sink was working. I was very happy with Yaw and his work.

Description of Work
Broken Pipe on a Sunday

Work Completed On 08/22/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your wonderful review and for your kind words regarding Yaw. We are so thankful for your business. Have a magnificent day!

08/18/2021

Alex B.

Excellent! Very difficult work - rusted out pipes and horrible old stuff. Willie was patient and expert. He rocks!!!

Description of Work
Faucets & piping

Category concrete repair,plumbing

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the astounding review. We agree- Willie is the best! We appreciate your business and your feedback so much! Have a wonderful day.

06/21/2021

CRAIG D.

They wanter $150 to come to the house and give an estimate. This company should not be listed on Angies list.

Description of Work
New water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are sorry you are unhappy with our pricing. We do charge for our technician's time onsite giving quotes. We feel this is more fair than giving "free quotes" and adding the price in on the back end or pushing the time on other customers, as most companies that give free quotes do. If a quote isn't accepted, we must still compensate our technician for his time and travel. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

05/26/2021

Alex B.

Tight squeeze in an old fashioned cabinet, but Guillermo managed to squeeze in and totally Rick the install! And he was careful and neat. He will be hired once again when I replace the bathroom faucets.

Description of Work
Faucet install

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

04/18/2021

Jan C.

everything went excellent. Very good company. good technician, very nice ad neat and very good receptionist in the office, very pleasant

Description of Work
drain cleared and faucets repaired

Work Completed On 04/17/2021

04/08/2021

Dennis S.

Brian was a straight shooting professional who completed the job quickly and expertly. I'd request him for any other job I might need.

Description of Work
Clean drains and install 2 new angle valves for 2 toilets

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

02/23/2021

Elizabeth G.

We were able to address the 1st issue, toilet and sink bubbling when running the shower and washing machine, and will be hiring them again to address the others, banging pipes and hot water problem.

Description of Work
Multiple issues going on in our home

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and your valuable feedback. Have a wonderful weekend!

02/17/2021

Yolanda T.

The plumbing work was good but it took 7 hours. Additionally the technician was careless and damaged the tub and the kitchen cabinet area over the sink that had just been freshly painted. Although I wrote to the company to make them aware of my experience, they have not acknowledge my complaint or request. I'm paying $300 to refinish my tub after this incident.

Description of Work
Sink install; faucet install, redo pipes; bath tub drain replacement and replacement of tub spout.

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

02/02/2021

Jeremy L.

Plumber arrived at 3:55. Began writing bill at 5:35. Took 25 minutes to write up that he declogged a drain. Tried billing me for 2.5 hours and a roof climb fee even though the clean out was on ground level.

Description of Work
Clogged drain

Category concrete repair,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you again for choosing us. We do feel that your times are inaccurate based on our GPS tracking which we would be more then happy to share with you. We are more then willing to come to a common ground with you. We have made multiple attempts to reach out to you with you reply back. Our supervisor Mateo has tried to reach you. If you would like this issue resolved please feel free to give us a call. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Roxanne - Office Manager

01/15/2021

Nicole G.

Unfortunately my family and I are very displeased with the company, Joe Hillman Plumbers. On Monday, we called because our toilets were not flushing, they were overflowing, and there was water coming from one of the drains in the shower. We explained the issue. They explained their policy of charging $119 for the technician to come out and check the issue. We paid. Once the technician arrived, (Jose) he was very pleasant. I asked him how much it would cost, he stated that he didn’t have anything to do with the money aspect, that I would need to speak to Danny (another technician). He provided me with Danny’s number. Upon speaking with Danny, I asked for a quote on how much it would cost for Jose to complete the job. He stated that he could not let me know a price until after the job was finished. He said that he would have to wait to see how long it took Jose to complete the job and how far he would have to snake the drain outside. I thought the reason for the $119 was for the technician to come out and assess the issue, then quote. He still said he could not give me a price until after the job. From the time the technician arrived, to the time he packed up his equipment and filled out paperwork, it took 40 minutes total. Danny then called me and said the total would be $265. Because the price was so high, I assumed that price included the fee of $119, but he said it did not. I then became suspicious as to why the price was so high for a 40 minute job, including loading equipment and paperwork. I voiced my concern and Danny said I was right that he would need to call me back. He called back and then changed the price to $190. I asked how he came up with the price and he stated that it was the technician’s time spent at the site, and the use of equipment. Still, after doing research, and calling around, that price seemed unreasonable, and the reasoning behind it, seemed inaccurate, but I had no choice but to pay. Everything was fine until Thursday, that same week. One of the toilets began to gurgle, then the shower proceeded to flood with water that was filled with feces. We called Joe Hillman Plumbing right away and explained the situation. My mother spoke with Donna and she was extremely nice and pleasant. She said she would reach out to Roxanne and she would contact us back. After some back and fourth, my mother was able to speak to Roxanne. Roxanne said that it could be other issues, like a broken pipe and that they would need to use a camera that would cost $500. We then asked if it was possible to have a technician come back out to snake the drain again, so that the feces water in the shower would go down and we could flush the toilets. She then explained that she would still need to charge us $180 to have it re-snaked. According to the website it says that Joe Hillman Plumbing has 100% guarantee and 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. None of this was provided to us. A quote after the technician was here, was never provided to us. All we wanted was for them to come finish the job correctly. Snake further down and check to see if there was still a clog. If after a few days, the issue continued, then we would reach back out to them and schedule the appointment for the camera. Unfortunately they still said they would need to charge $180 just to do the same job we originally paid for, 2 and a half days before. Everyone was nice and professional while speaking on the phone, but were not understanding to our circumstance. Therefore, Joe Hillman Plumbing does not adhere to their 100% guarantee or their 100% customer satisfaction claim. We feel as we were taken advantage of, and are very disappointed. We will not recommend or use them ever again.

Description of Work
Unclog drain

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your time rating us. Sorry for the long delay in our response. I wanted to follow up and make sure all is working well with your plumbing since your brother took care of the work after our initial trip? I want to apologize again for your unsatisfactory experience with our company. This of course after 33 plus years is never our intent. Stoppages unfortunately are unexpected. Its hard for us to warranty said stoppages due to the unknown that may end up in your toilet and or if you are connected to city or sceptic. We could have come back up to take a look at it again, but as we said there would be no guarantee we could warranty it depending on the findings. You stated you didn't want us back out and you would have your brother take care of it. We always stand by our work 100% when given the chance. If there is anything we can do to help you in the future please feel free to ask. Thank you for your time and giving us a chance. Have a great day!

12/30/2020

Peter T.

the individual performed the job well and we were satisfied with the work. However, the total cost was, we believe, excessive. The total cost including the service call charge of $90, came to $340 for what was a relatively minor job that took less than an hour to complete.

Description of Work
repair and adjust two running toilets

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

Hello Sir, First of all we want to thank you for your business. We're sorry that you were not satisfied with our pricing. We go great lengths to ensure that we are giving you the best price possible. We pride ourselves on satisfying the customers needs in any situation. What I would like to do though is offer you a $50 coupon on your next JHP service call. Thank you for your business and your feedback. Have a great week.

12/30/2020

R M G.

On Sunday Dec 27 I called Joe Hillman Plumbers and scheduled an appointment for Tuesday Dec 29. The conversation was short. I asked for a quote to replace 2 valves under a bathroom sink with quarter turn valves. I was told that I would be charged $79 to come to the house, and then $170 per hour. He also said that replacing these valves would not take too much time, so the charge should not be too bad. On Tuesday I received a call from Willy who said he was on his way; he just had to stop and buy some 1/4 turn valves. When he arrived at my house. I said “ no quarter turn valves in that big truck” Willy said he had 1 but needed more. He showed me the box with 20+ new valves (buy 20 or more the price drops to $4.50 per valve). Obviously, he replenished the supply in his truck. Willie did an excellent job; he replaced the 2 valves in a bit over 30 minutes. I am thinking another $170/2=$85 plus the $79 = $164; just about what I expected after researching the cost to replace 2 valves on the internet. I asked Willy to show me how to replace the spring and gasket on these Delta faucets; he obliged; I learned a lot, well worth another 25 minutes. Now I am expecting a charge of $170 for the hour added to the $79 to come to the house – a total of $249. Imagine my shock when I received a bill for another $250!! I called the Office manager Rob Oester. I learned that I was charged for 30 minutes time for Willy to pick up the angle valves!! According to Rob, Joe Hillman plumbers do not stock angle valves! Not only is it hard to believe that any plumber would not stock angle valves, but Willy bought 20!!! Clearly Willy stocked angle valves!! On top of that, I should have been told that I would be charged for this stop up front. When I called on Sunday, I tried to get Joe Hillman Plumbers to give me a quote on the cost; they would not. Now Rob tells me that they charge a flat rate to replace these valves, but ‘they will not quote that flat rate on the phone’!! Rob said that I should have never been told what was said on Sunday; and they would not honor what their new employee told me about $170 per hour. Apparently, they want to nail you for the $79 before you find out what they would charge! A good deception considering what they do charge. There is more! Rob told me that the flat rate they charge for replacing 2 valves is $$250 PLUS the $79 to come to your house. When I said “wow, $329 is very high for replacing 2 valves, Rob got very upset saying that the cost was $250; the $79 was not for replacing the valves; it was for coming to the house!!! Nice logic. While Rob agreed to credit me $50 of the $85 I expected, I recommend that you stay away from Joe Hillman Plumbers. Far too many costs that they hide, and end prices that are extremely high.

Description of Work
Replace 2 bathroom shutoff valves

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you again for choosing us. I see that we did refund you $50.00, we told you it would be an hourly rate and that'[Member Information Removed] how you should be charged. We do apologize for not having the parts on our truck. We always do out best to have everything we need, but its impossible and it also depends on what jobs we already did. I hope we have satisfied your needs. Thank you and have a great day. Roxanne- Office Manager

11/18/2020

Luis R.

I did not hire the pro because they are asking for a $90 up front fee for the estimate. This is not stated anywhere on angie's list. Even though I explained that they just needed to give me an estimate and I had no repairs to do, but they still insisted it was $90 service charge to come out can see the work that needed to be done

Description of Work
Septic connection of my motor home

Category plumbing,septic tank

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry you disagree with our pricing. We do charge for our technician's time onsite giving a quote. We feel this is more fair than giving "free quotes" and adding the price in on the back end or pushing the time on other customers as most companies that give free quotes do. If a quote isn't accepted, we still have to compensate our technician for his time and travel. This is the reason we charge a service fee. Have a great day.

11/11/2020

Nancy S.

Willie was prompt, courteous, and completed the work as planned. He was also very helpful in explaining things to me and giving me advice about supplies to buy, etc. I have used this company before, and I especially appreciate the communication and support from the office staff. It’s clear that the people in the field, like Willie, and the people in the office, like Patty and Anna, have a great working relationship. This is a very professional, friendly business.

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen and bathroom faucets

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Willie! Thank you so much for the great review and positive feedback! I will be sure to pass this along to Willie as well as the rest of the residential team.

10/20/2020

Amanda J.

Very well. Plumber went the extra mile - checked other faucets and outside.

Description of Work
Pipes unclogged

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Thank you for the perfect review! It's very rewarding for us as a team to hear from our satisfied clients! Stay safe and have a wonderful rest of your week.

10/16/2020

RAYMOND K.

Mateo came and did entire job professionally and without any face-to-face contact (as requested). Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Replace leaking water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair,mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you for the great review! Mateo will be so pleased to read this. We appreciate your business!

09/30/2020

Xavier R.

First of all, I called early in the morning to schedule a technician for same morning. The lady who answer the phone was really nice and amazing seller, she took $100 deposit from me and promised the technician would be there shortly. Great seller, because I was about to go and look for other quotes but she didn’t let me go. Technician showed up to the project and the job was done super fast and neat. Definitely Alex the plumber was a very knowledgeable and professional person. A+ for Alex and their Team!

Description of Work
Sanitary Sewer 4” Pipe Repair

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Review for Joe Hillman Plumbers Inc - 2280 SW 70th Ave, Davie, FL - 38917510

Thank you so much for the awesome review! Alex is a very thorough worker and exceptional at what he does. I will be sure to pass your review along to him. Your business is greatly appreciated and we are looking forward to helping you with all your future plumbing needs!

09/24/2020

Jack D.

Excellent. I called Patty at Joe Hillman Plumbers who scheduled someone between 11 and 2. Alex showed up at noon. He gave me an estimate which was accepted and he began to work. The initial repair was to have been a simple repair of the PVC pipe that was cracked and leaking. After digging up the leaking section of pipe it was discovered that two previous repairs and the County Water Department replacement of the water meter created a hodge podge of sleeves, adapters, and slip joints that would be vulnerable in the future. It was mutually decided to replace that section back to the meter with around two feet of copper pipe. As a handyman who knows something about plumbing but who is getting too old to make strenuous repairs, I watched as Alex properly prepared each of the joints and made the new connections. He completed the job and tested the line before filling the hole and replacing the sod. With all the additional work involved ,beyond what was to have been included in the original estimate, I was pleasantly surprised with the final bill. I highly recommend Joe Hillman Plumbers.

Description of Work
Repair of a broken main waterline.

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great detailed review. Alex is truly a model technician and we are so blessed to have him on the team! I will make sure that he sees this. Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to being of service again in the future!

09/06/2020

Keith V.

Although it is a holiday weekend, we were able to get help in about 90 minutes, and the new faucet was installed in under an hour. The service was very professional and we much appreciate the quick response!

Description of Work
Needed to make a quick replacement of the kitchen sink faucet because of a minor drip that became a serious leak overnight.

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

Thank you so much for the great review! It was our pleasure to assist you.

08/18/2020

Michael C.

Omar did an amazing job very thorough and thoughtful. Very experienced and very professional. Would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Replace shower control valve

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for your review and your kind words regarding Omar. Your business is greatly appreciated and we are looking forward to helping you with all your future plumbing needs!

07/08/2020

Theresa A.

I had a leak of very smelly water outside the house under the kitchen window. I thought it was a problem with the valve but Matteo discovered it was a broken pipe. While job ended up being much bigger than we originally thought, he kept me posted every step of the way and showed me clearly where the problems were. He fixed all of the issues and replaced the pipes and the sink drain.

Description of Work
Replaced broken pipe