Certified Mold Free Corp

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2010

*All work supervised by Gary Rosen PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology (UCLA). *We do not use any hazardous chemicals that leave a chemical residue. We are a green, chemical free company. *State licensed building contractor with a specialty in mold and water damage. Florida state licensed mold

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

mold removal (189)drywall (82)air duct cleaning (43)water damage restoration (39)HVAC Companies (8)biohazard cleanup (2)interior painting (21)insulation (16)window replacement (7)home remodeling (4)dryer vent cleaning (2)

01/23/2023

Becky and Bill A.

Gary, Linda and their team at Certified Mold Free do an amazing job! We used them on our own house and have referred them to several of our clients. We have received nothing but great feedback about their work. They are very professional and deliver high quality services. They do it right and stand behind their services. If you need mold remediation done right and for a reasonable price, then look no further. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Mold remediation in kitchen and AC ducts.

Category mold removal

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this great review. We appreciate your business!

10/22/2022

Nancy R.

I would absolutely work with CMR again. Their workers were very helpful, and very pleasant, when I needed them to come back for a non remediation issue the response was "we can come out on Thursday". Wonderful customer service.

Description of Work
Mold Testing & Remediation, Air Duct Cleaning, Drywall

Category drywall, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/27/2022

Thanks for being a great customer! We appreciate your business.

10/18/2022

Michael K.

Great! Gary and Linda are wonderful to work with, spend the time needed to get the job done, and really simply the whole mold process in its reality.

Description of Work
Mold Testing & Remediation, Remodeling - General

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/18/2022

Thanks so much for the awesome review. We appreciate your business. And best wishes in your new house !

09/24/2022

dan L.

Great - super company - wonderful customer service and technical specialty knowledge - timely f/u - pleasure to work with - reasonable pricing - project goals achieved - hire them - Linda, Gary and team are great

Description of Work
mold assessment and remediation; drywall; removal and clean-up

Work Completed On 09/24/2022

We appreciate your trust in us to take care of your property. Especially when you’re not local I know it takes some faith! Thank you for your business.

07/27/2022

Diane W.

Great! The house smelled so fresh and clean when we returned home. Linda Rosen always responded quickly to my emails/calls. We have used Mold Corp 3 times now and have always been satisfied with their work. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
AC duct remediation/minor attic cleanup

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

Thank you very much and good luck in your new home!

04/05/2022

Sandra C.

The mold was determined by an inspector, and the report was sent to Certified Mold, they gave me a quote and proceed with the process of removal; when they got to the place they found more undetected areas, remove the drywall, patched the walls, painted and even add a new door and filter for the AC, all for the same price as it was initially quoted according to the report. I must add that the inspector said to me when I got the report, "Certified Mold is the only one I would recommend for the work to be done" They are honest, proactive, professional, and reliable. Thanks very much.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, water damage restoration, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

Our pleasure. Even though it was more work, we did what needed to be done. We don’t like to raise the price on a customer mid job unless we absolutely have to. We find that the good will generated but doing the best job is far more valuable than anything more we could have charged you. Thanks for being a great customer ! Linda and Gary

03/18/2022

Ajay S.

Linda Rosen and Dr. Gary Rosen provided me with very valuable information, advice and referrals on Mold Remediation and Repairs, Reconstruction even though I was not a client of theirs. They did so just to help out. Quite remarkable that in this day and age where you usually experience pure commerciality, the Rosens would take the time to address my questions in a way only they could with their depth and breadth of experience. Thank you Linda and Dr. Gary Rosen.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category drywall, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

Very glad that we could be helpful to you. Please keep us in mind if you or people you know might need our services in the future.

01/27/2022

Mirjan V.

The most sincere, straightforward, true, trustworthy customer service I ever had. The representative called me, and after learning about my situation gave me detailed advice on how to proceed. I Definitely will hire them if needed, and highly will recommend them to Family & Friends.

Description of Work
Great advice on how to proceed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, mold removal

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

We appreciate you contacting us, and we believe in helping the customer even if they don't need to hire us. We don't like to do unnecessary work just to charge the customer. It is impossible to put a price on the good will!

12/08/2021

Angie W.

Linda was responsive and communicative, the guys were on time, the house doesn't smell of mildew or chemicals

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

Thanks so much! Many times in older houses the ductwork is pulling in attic or in your case crawl space air. We fix the source of the air quality problems in addition to eliminating the existing mold in the airflow. Thanks so much for your nice comments. We're happy that you're happy.

10/26/2021

Sandro P.

Great! Made me and my tenants feel safe.

Description of Work
Getting rid of my mold issue

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

Review for Certified Mold Free Corp - 2881 West Lake Vista Circle, Davie, FL - 39522316

We appreciate you're trusting us with fixing your house and keeping your tenants happy.

10/22/2021

joshua M.

Spoke with Linda who was super friendly and very knowledgeable. Linda did not believe we needed their services at this time and was able to recommend a few inspectors for us to contact. Impressed with their honesty and knowledge.

Description of Work
consulting about mold testing

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Thanks so much for your nice comments. We believe in the "what goes around comes around" philosophy, and we don't like to charge customers for work that they don't need. Better to have a happy customer.

10/15/2021

Leslee W.

These people are excellent! Their work ethic, experience, knowledge, and professional were top notch. Would recommend them 100%!

Description of Work
Mold Testing and Remediation

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Thank you very much for your business!

09/03/2021

albert V.

Great company. I asked for additional services at an added expense and the owner/estimator said it was not necessary and he was right. The crew has been with the company many years and that is hard to find these days and important when you have people working INSIDE your house. There was no mess when we arived which we found surprising. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Mold Testing & Remediation

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

Thank you for your on-point feedback posting. We don't believe in over-charging customers for services that they don't need. We find that the benefit from treating the customer fairly outweighs any benefit from doing work that they don't need. Thanks again, we very much appreciate your business.

07/14/2021

Hao L.

A few days after we moved into this house I noticed mold on the ceiling of a bathroom, and around the edges of the vent. I called Certified Mold Free. Linda gave me some advices on potential source of the moisture and how I would go about doing the initial diagnosis myself (roof leak vs. condensation). I did that and sent in a few pictures I took, and followed up with another phone call, when Linda schedule Gary to come into my house to do a free estimate. Gary came on time, and was very courteous and professional. His assessment is that this is a minor issue that I myself or a handyman can take care of, and gave specific instructions on what we need to do to address the issue. And instead of trying to sell me any solution, Gary provided all the suggestions for free. Gary and Linda have earned my full trust through this interaction. If I have any mold related issues that I can't handle in future, I know who to call.

Description of Work
Mold in bathroom ceiling near vents

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review for us. If we can give someone a few pointers to take care of a small problem themself, we would rather do that than have the customer overpay for services they don't need. Generates good karma!

07/03/2021

Dianne B.

Excellent service from start to finish, exceeded my expectations! They have now remediated two different issues for us. Highly recommend them for mold remediation. I had a phone response to my non-urgent quote request within 30 minutes—on a Sunday. Owner Linda explained their services and scheduled estimation visit at convenient time for me. Owner Gary, very professional and knowledgeable, provided reasonable fixed fee. Mold remediation and drywall/greenwall/baseboard/ventilation fan replacement performed at high quality, on time, at fixed fee. They went above and beyond by suggesting ventilation improvements, and by ensuring our satisfaction. Second situation was urgent, they responded quickly and again, excellent service/quality. I trust them and am so grateful to have had them coach me through these stressful situations. Thank you to Linda and Gary!

Description of Work
Remediate mold and water damage

Work Completed On 06/26/2021

Thank so much! You were a great customer and we appreciate your business!

04/23/2021

Damir D.

Gary is amazing. Showed up on time, reviewed the situation and quickly suggested a fix without trying to upsell me. I would highly recommend him and his co! 5 out 5 stars!!!

Description of Work
Mold Testing & Remediation

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

Thank you! It sounds corny but we genuinely try to treat our customers as if it were our own house and our own money, a philosophy that generates good karma!

01/14/2021

Christy M.

Job was absolutely perfect. Certified Mold told us it was expected to take 2 days and it took 2 days. The team showed up precisely at 8:30 am each morning. They were a serious and experienced team. They handled my furniture and "stuff" like it was theirs - taking care to cover it all in protective plastic and moving it back into its prior location when the work was done. They cleaned up after themselves both days. Their air conditioning expert did a great job also. I would definitely use them again if I have the misfortunate of having another mold issue.

Description of Work
Mold removal that included a temporary relocation of an a/c unit and rebuilding the closet the a/c unit was located in

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, mold removal, biohazard cleanup

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We appreciate your business.

01/07/2021

Linnea B.

I chose Certified Mold Free Corp based on the owners' credentials and thoroughness of the quote provided. Linda arrived at the appointment time to introduce her employees and coordinate the job. Everyone was very courteous and professional. The workers did a great job and cleaned up completely. They explained what was done and showed me photos of area treated in the attic. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for mold testing or remediation.

Description of Work
mold remediation in attic and ceiling drywall replacement

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

We appreciate very much that you took the time to post this feedback to share with our prospective customers. Thank you very much for your business.

11/22/2020

Jillian R.

Never did I thought I would leave a raving review about a mold company, but here goes.. I found Certified Mold on Angie's List along with 5 other companies.. I had been coughing for months only when I was in the house, so I knew we had an issue I decided on them because the owner of the company came to the house and literally got right to the point..unlike the other companies who came with hands held devices that they ran against our walls and told us we basically needed to tear our walls and ceilings out and it would cost close to the national debt, he was very straight forward He said the AC closet was the issue, NOT the walls, the AC was drawing air from a damp attic. They sent us a very reasonable estimate and a very detailed plan of the work to be done They showed up to do the work, with the other owner and were so professional and immediately started covering the walls and floors.. Within two days all the work was done and we walked back into our house and it was SPOTLESS!! I have not coughed once since then!! I can't recommend this company High Enough There is a reason why they are so highly rated on Angie's List and also on Google Their work is extraordinary, again never thinking I would ever use that word to describe a mold removal company Thank you for your incredible professionalism and work Jill R Fort Lauderdale

Description of Work
AC closet had defects that caused bad air quality problems. Rebuilt AC closet, and remediated the AC, ducting and indoor air quality. Also fixed a few ceiling areas from roof leak problems.

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 11/22/2020

Review for Certified Mold Free Corp - 2881 West Lake Vista Circle, Davie, FL - 39042023

What a great customer you are to take the time to write this review! We appreciate that you made the decision to trust us to do this job for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with our prospective customers.

10/23/2020

Lorraine N.

We had a roof leak from hurricane Irma from 2017, which we were completely unaware of until we saw water and mold on an interior hall wall near our front entrance, which took quite some time before it was visible. We also noticed several areas of the ceiling in that hall were also exhibiting signs indicative of a problem with our roof. We contacted our roofing company, Tiger Team, who informed us our roof was in need of replacement; however for obvious reasons we could not address the issue of mold remediation and replacement of the damaged drywall and ceiling until the roof was replaced. We contacted five companies to come out to give us estimates, one of which came out but never bothered to actually provide us with an estimate. Three of the remaining companies recommended all manner of remedies from utilizing biocides, water extraction equipment, air scrubbers, dehumidifiers, HEPA vacuums, etc. Despite the relatively small area the damage was contained in, these companies determined this work would take up to five days which would restrict access to the other three rooms normally accessed from this hall for the entire time and as a result we would incur considerable additional charges for each day their totally unsupervised air scrubbers and dehumidifiers were left in place. Additionally these three companies recommended all manner of additional demolition work to cure this problem such as removing and replacing drywall, baseboards & wood flooring, and doorframes in adjacent rooms, removing our air conditioner and having the coils cleaned as well as having our duct work in the entire house cleaned out. These companies either offered these services or recommended a third party who could handle this for us. These estimates also included charges for their workers personal protective equipment, decontamination charges for cleaning their equipment, removing and reinstalling ceiling light fixtures and smoke detectors and the list of extra, uncovered charges, goes on and on. Two of those three companies did not replace the drywall or baseboards but were happy to recommend someone else to perform those services for an additional charge. Also the people at these companies who were licensed and certified to access and remediate mold were the owners of these companies; not the person who actually came out to assess our situation and make recommendations. In my estimation this totally defeats the purpose of having those companies come out in the first place since the customer is not deriving any benefit as these so called assessors were not licensed to do so. Also despite the fact we already had paid for a mold remediation test prior to requesting estimates and providing a copy of this report to all of these companies, all three recommended we have an additional mold test performed before as well as after the work was done by their companies, at an additional expense to us. On the other hand, Certified Mold Free was the antithesis of these companies. In this family owned company (husband and wife team), both owners are licensed certified mold assessors and mold remediators. The husband is also a licensed general contractor, which in my opinion is essential. I can think of very few instances where replacing drywall and baseboards would not be the norm . This was the only company where one of the owners came out themselves to access the damage and provide a detailed assessment of the work to be done, rather than sending out an employee, who is not a certified mold accessor, essentially a sales rep to assess the problem at hand. This was also the only company who accepted the initial mold remediation test we provided and provided one in kind when the work was completed to show the mold had been eradicated. Additionally Certified Mold Free replaced the drywall with mold resistant dry wall and replaced our baseboards with new ones for us. To prevent us from having to rip out our ceiling, they remediated from the attic side as well as removing mold from the interior ceiling without damaging the popcorn to prevent us from having to remove the entire main living areas popcorn ceilings, as was recommended by the majority of the other companies who came out. All of the other companies determined this work would take between three to five days to complete. One day to do the actual work, the other two to four to run air scrubbing and/or dehumidifying equipment. Certified Mold Free did all of the work including utilizing this equipment to handle the remediation in one day. And most importantly this company is the only one who actually recommended and followed the EPA Guidelines for mold remediation. Further Certified Mold Free used only green chemicals, not biocides (substances that destroy living organisms), which the EPA is firmly against using as a routine method of mold removal. The other companies all were recommending utilizing biocides in their proposals. We also received a post remediation report from Certified Mold Free, from a local licensed, accredited environmentally conscious laboratory, certifying the mold had been eradicated. There were no additional charges incurred for this report. Also of note, all of this work was done for a very reasonable price, the owner was on site to supervise the work the day of the remediation, and they were the only company we spoke to who provided a 12 month warranty performed per section 558.004(3) of the Florida Statues. The other companies all stated they would not offer a warranty of any kind, nor would they provide post remediation mold testing without the customer incurring additional charges to cover the cost. This company did a stellar job, following EPA guidelines, for a reasonable cost, without padding the bill with non-essential services. I would also like to share with you that after we had signed the contract and sent a deposit to Certified Mold Free to provide these services to us, my husband started a new contract. As he works from home and his office is at the end of the hall that required the remediation which would mean he would not be able to work the entire time this mold remediation work was being done as this entire area would be off limits. All of these mold remediation companies, including Certified Mold Free, normal work week is from Monday to Friday. I contacted the Rosen’s, explained our situation and inquired if it were possible to have them come out on a weekend to perform these services. Without hesitation they replied they completely understood and would find a team willing to work on the weekend and give us a revised date to come out to perform the work. We cannot say enough good things about this company. They are very professional, knowledgeable, highly skilled and very pleasant to deal with. The owners as well as the workers all worked in concert to provide us with excellent service. We would not hesitate to recommend them to everyone. We would hire them again in a heartbeat if the situation would ever arise again where such services are needed in the future. Don’t hesitate to give this excellent mold remediation company a call.

Description of Work
Mold Removal & Remediation from Roof Leak for Ceiling & Wall

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

What a great review, we're blushing! It sounds corny but we treat customers like it is our own house and our own money. That way we end up with happy customers who know that we are treating them in a fair and honest way. Thank you for your business!

10/18/2020

Gabriella B.

I was very very happy with this company. They were prompt and clean. They even did few small extras at no charge. If needed I’ll hire them again in a heartbeat !

Description of Work
Remediate mold problem from around air handler, rebuild drywall. Clean and sanitize air to eliminate elevated mold in the air

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal