John Hogan Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

PO Box 1638

Clearwater, FL 33757

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

At John Hogan Roofing, we strive to be the best resource for all of your roofing needs. We are a professional roofing contractor serving the entire Tampa Bay area. 12-24 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. license # CCC1328541. John Hogan Inc. Additional Contact Numbers (727) 461-5528 or Toll Free (877) 915-2799...

roofing (154)woodworking (6)asbestos removal (5)skylight installation (4)gutter repair (4)chimney repair (1)

09/17/2020

Scott B.

I contacted Hogan roofing last week and was advised on September 9 that Mr. Hogan would contact me September 10. Never heard a peep. I sent a message to Hogan roofing September 13 saying how disappointed I was not to have heard anything. I got a phone call Sept. 14 from Tom, setting up an appointment for today, Sept. 17, at 9am. At 8:30am I got a call from Tom telling me that, having seen the height of my roofline, he was going to have to decline the job, as there would be no way for them to get materials up to the roof.

Description of Work
Roof inspection

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/14/2020

Kristin S.

I requested a quote over the weekend and got a call back on Monday. I was home, and the roofer (sorry, didn't get a name) was in the area and came over in 10 minutes. He got up on the roof, checked under the spanish tiles on the buckle, and didn't see any signs of a leak. He then went up in the attic and suggested what may be causing the stains. I was not charged for the assessment. I will use John Hogan Inc in the future when I need roof repair or a new roof. I appreciated the prompt service and him going out of his way to help identify the issue.

Description of Work
I had stains on my ceiling that I thought may be due to a roof leak.

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

07/29/2020

Barbarra W.

They were awesome. Good prices, people were polite and professional and I have already referred them to a lot of people.

Description of Work
They put in a new roof.

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

07/02/2020

Eileen A.

He did an excellent job. His team of people were fantastic. They arrived at 7 AM in the morning, and it was done by 3 pm in the afternoon. When I had a question about the roof, John himself came out and got on the roof. He proceeded to answer my questions and concerns fully and even gave me his phone number if I needed anything else. They were meticulous in how they did the roofing and in their clean up. I would highly recommend them to anyone and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
He put on a new roof on my home.

Work Completed On 02/02/2020

06/20/2020

Richard M.

Quite well. Somehow, John Hogan thought that he put the roof on and so the chimney would have been under warranty. I told him that someone else put the roof on. He charged me $100 and gave me a one year warranty. He said that that type of repair would have been $350 which, coincidentally, was the price quoted by another contractor.

Description of Work
Fix the leak around the flashing and/or counterflashing of the chimney.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/09/2020

Mark S.

Workers didn’t know what they were doing on a roof with a steep sloop. Very poor installation of flashing. The first time it rained water came in the kitchen. Then it took a good while before they came out and repaired it. When the salesman came out for the original estimate. I showed him the rotten wood that needed to be replaced. He included it the written estimate. But when given the contract to sign I didn’t notice it was left out. The sales estimator lied to get the sale. When I questioned the supervisor he said we don’t repair soffit. I showed him the original estimate where it was written and agreed to. The response was it’s not in the contract. I also asked for a better shingle that is anti mildew. The roof is all discolored in the front wilt mildew. The GAF shingles they used are junk. The sand is coming off the shingle and in many places you can see the black asphalt of the shingle. Now since this rain we are having another leak around the chimney. What a sorry job. John Hogan Roofing boasts of no leaks. What a joke. 2 since the roof was done. I refuse to call them or the Gold GAF Warranty I paid extra for. Why? I don’t want them anywhere near my house. Don’t get: 1- John Hogan Roofing 2- GAF Shingles 3- Extra GAF Warranty

Description of Work
New Roof - that now looks bad

Work Completed On 11/24/2015

05/22/2020

Karen W.

Tom was wonderful. Stressful hiring someone without meeting first (I live out of state). I felt good about the entire process and would hire him again.

Description of Work
Lanai leak. Cleaned, resealed.

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

03/12/2020

Allen G.

The roofer was very nice and completed the job perfectly. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced flat roof that connected from the house to the lanai

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

10/31/2019

Gail E H.

Tom was the one actually who did the work for me and he was excellent. He took pictures before and after on the roof so I didn't have to get up there which I was thankful for lol. He also went above and beyond what was required of him to do. I highly recommend them to anybody needed honest hard working men.

Description of Work
Roofing and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

01/09/2019

Robert K.

We are very happy with our new roof. John Hogan's sales representative, Robert, was very informative and knowledgeable. He even suggested color schemes for our house after we decided on the shingle color. His suggestion was spot on. We had our house painted and we couldn't be happier. The crew that performed the removal and installation were punctual, very efficient, and well organized. The entire job was done in one day! We were very impressed. They did a great clean up and except for our beautiful new roof you wouldn't have know they here. Extremely satisfied!

Description of Work
Shingle roof replacement and flat roof replacement.

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

Residential & commercial installation & repair - tile, shingles, metal, & flat roofing

Gutters