Astro Pet Sitters

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2011

867 W Bloomingdale Ave

Brandon, FL 33508

ASTRO Pet Sitters is owned and operated by Heidi and Carl Capozza. Heidi is a registered nurse with St. Joseph's Hospital and enjoys pet sitting on her off days and scheduled vacation breaks. As a licensed Realtor currently associated with Charles Rutenberg Realty, Carl has chosen to devote all his energy and attention to caring for your pets and is currently practicing real estate on a referral basis only and is pet sitting full time. They both feel extremely fortunate to have very flexible schedules which allow them to do something that they are passionate about and really enjoy, caring for animals. They are available when you need them. As professionals, licensed by the State of Florida, both Heidi and Carl have undergone stringent background checks and have their fingerprints on record with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). You may rest assured that your pets and home will be cared for with the utmost honesty and attention while in Heidi & Carl's care! We are also Insured, Pet First Aid Certified and non-smokers for your added peace of mind. We welcome the opportunity to serve you and your pets. We gladly offer Brandon Pet Sitting, Valrico Pet Sitting, Riverview Pet Sitting, Fishhawk Pet Sitting , Lithia Pet sitting, Seffner Pet Sitting, Specializing in Bloomingdale FL. Pet Sitting (33596 & 33594) (East & West) and select areas of Tampa and South Tampa. Pricing plans start as low as $14. Please see website pricing page for details. Safe and secure pet care in your home. Your pets deserve the very best and that's the only level of service we offer....

06/23/2019

Kenneth O.

We've been using Astro Pet Sitters for the past 7 years. Carl is the ultimate professional. Keeps us updated daily with emails re: how the visit went (very humorous by the way!). A few of our trips took us out of the country and Carl suggested that we register with a 24 hour ER veterinarian in case an emergency came up - something we didn't think about (thank you, Carl).

Description of Work
Cat sitting services

02/19/2017

Alan C.

With 3 visits per day by Astro Pet Sitters, the cost is competitive with boarding, but by far, the very best care our Chihuahuas could possibly enjoy and all right at home too, where they have the peace of their own familiar surroundings without the risk of trauma from being stuffed in a kennel for days on end. We are very satisfied with Astro Pet Sitters and we know our dogs are too!

Description of Work
There is no place like home for our Chihuahuas, so instead of using boarding kennels for our dogs, we began using Astro Pet Sitters in Brandon, Florida several years ago which was the best decision we made for the care of our dogs whenever we are away from home.

09/02/2015

James F.

04/02/2015

Robert H.

01/28/2015

Alan C.

Description of Work
Astro Pet Sitters was very reliable and trustworthy, while caring for our pets in our own home while we were away from home. Even a neighbor of ours commented about being impressed with Astro Pet Sitters while discreetly observing their services while our family was away. We are convinced our pets wouldn't have it any other way, than to be spoiled while we are gone, buy Astro Pet Sitters!

08/28/2014

Brent R.

05/26/2014

Judith R.

We were very satisfied with our experience with Astro. Carl not only provided us with detailed notes of each visit to our home upon our return, he also texted us during our time away to let us know how the dogs were doing. The dogs, while happy to see us, were evidently well taken care of while we were gone.

Description of Work
Took care of our dogs while we were away. Came 3 times per day.

03/17/2014

Ali B.

Carl and Heidi with Astro Pet Sitting are excellent!! They are very responsive to my pets'needs and keep me very well informed during the time I am away. I do not ever worry even when I am away from home for several days such as the time when I was out of the country. I receive updates via text or email during the time I am gone which are very detailed and provide additional bits of information so that I know that they are paying close attention to my "fur babies." They run a very organized business and have taken trouble to be sure that all of the issues are addressed to include personal records and files on all the animals they care for. They are extremely professional and competent and seem to truly have a true caring and compassionate heart for the animals they are watching over and caring for. One look at their Facebook page and their web page, and this will be evident. I feel so very fortunate to have discovered them and feel very comfortable when I am away from home.

Description of Work
Astro pet services has been caring for my cats on numerous occasions as I travel. I have gone out of the country for over a week, and have had several trips lasting a week or more. I have also hired them on numerous occasions for weekend trips. They not only care for the cats, but get my mail and do a check of my home during the visit as well to help keep my home secure while I am away. After each visit, I could not be any more pleased!! I feel very secure, knowing my animals are comfortable and well taken care of.

01/23/2014

Wendy S.

07/29/2013

Carol V.

I found it to be very comforting to have Carl watching my pets as they mean a lot to me. Carl texted me each day as to what they were doing and sent me pics of them. It made me feel really good to have someone who cared and who they seemed to trust take care of them and to be able to go on vacation without too much worry. I have used Carl and Astro Pets for two years now and will continue to use them. I recommend them to all my friends.

Description of Work
Carl from Astro pets watched over and cared for my two cats while I was on vacation in oregon. He fed them, gave them water, played with them and was an emergency person for their care.

07/18/2013

JOSEPH G.

Timely Thorough Did al we wanted to include papers, mail and cat care text daily to provide updates Strongly recommend Astro to anyone who considers your pets as part of the family. Well done, we will use them again.

Description of Work
Cat Sitting for 2 kittens and one cat for a week while on vacation

06/07/2013

AMY B.

We have used Astro Pet Sitters since August of 2011. Carl provides quality care to our 4 dogs. He leaves a note indicating the care provided. Also, I really appreciate receiving a text message informing me that all went well after the visit. Booking an appointment is convenient, he responds in a timely manner. He has been available on short notice to come and sit with the dogs, while repair work was being done at our house, so that the dogs would not be frightened from the noise. I will continue to use his services and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Carl visited my 4 dogs, to allow them to go outside and potty, get a drink of water, treats, and stretch their legs. I have to keep them in crates while I'm away from the home due their curious nature. One dog ate a loaf of bread, 1/3 jar of peanut butter and a chocolate bar while I was away from the home for only an hour. Needless to say, he had to have immediate Veterinary Care.

05/06/2013

James F.

After losing my long time pet sitter Judi due to her moving out of state I was devistated that I wouldn't be able to find someone to care for my and quot;cat kidsand quot; as well as she did; but Carl proved me wrong and did a FANTASTIC job of taking care of the kids and the household stuff too. He was able to juggle inside cats, medicines, outside cats and mail, trash, etc. with ease. We were highly pleased with his services and will be using him again in the future.,

Description of Work
Pet Sitting.

02/11/2013

Kathryn M.

There are too many examples to give but Mr. Capozza has come early, stayed late, made extra trips and gone to the Emergency vet a couple times. He knows the animals and what they like to do and he spends the whole visit playing with them and making them feel loved. Sometimes I think my dogs are sad when we come home.

Description of Work
Mr. Capozza is the best around. We have been using him since we moved here almost 4 years ago and we go out of town at least twice a year for a week to 10 days. He is a full service pet/ house sitter and I wouldn't trust anyone else to look after my pets. He does all the things that you could want. He waters my veggies, plays with the dogs, brings in the mail/trash cans. We are always in touch with him via text or phone calls and I never have to worry that the house is empty all day, and he leaves detailed (sometimes hilarious notes on every visit). He is truly part of the family.

01/14/2013

penny J.

I called Carl on 12/15/12 for a sitting job over Christmas and New Years. Waited until the last minute since I was trying to find someone who could do it in the neighborhood. Since we moved to FL had only gone to a kennel (and the last trip cost me over 100 a day for 2 dogs. THey luckily we able to accomidate me since they had stops close by, and Carl stopped by the next day. He was very professional, took lots of notes and asked lots of questions. He made friends with one of the dogs, and the other did come up to him after a bit (he as anxiety issues). The schedule was a little crazy with us coming back for a couple of days between trips, but he was very professional about it. Carl left a detailed list of what happened on every stop he did, how they did etc. We had some friends stop by one of the days we were gone and they said the dogs were very content in the house, no sign of anxiety at all. Carl was also very accomidating when I had to make some schedule changes. We ended up cancelling part of the last trip, so he came on a couple of nights so I could take the kids to WDW. I definately will be using them again! It's great to not have to worry about the dogs when I need to go somewhere.

Description of Work
Pet Sitting (2 times a day feed and bathroom), flower watering, mail take in.

09/12/2011

Alan C.

My experience with Astro Pet Sitters of Brandon, Florida has been great! I've always used dog kennels instead of pet sitting in the past and I only wish I had learned of Astro Pet Sitters sooner. I first learned about Astro Pet Sitters though the recommendation of a friend who lives nearby in the FishHawk neighborhood and when I searched for the web site of Astro Pet Sitters, I found out they also offer pet sitting in my own neighborhood located in Valrico, Florida. I have been so impressed with the care Astro Pet Sitters has given my 4 small dogs, I doubt I'll ever find it necessary to leave my dogs caged in a kennel again and while dogs can't talk, there is absolutely no confusion my dogs appeared to be much happier being left at home with the care of Astro Pet Sitters. I was even more impressed when my next door neighbor shared her feedback with me about how impressed she was with the pet sitter I had taking care of my dogs while I was gone. Selfishly, now I just hope Astro Pet Sitters doesn't become so successful, I'll have to compete for vacation schedules with my neighbors to enjoy the services of the best pet sitters in town!

Description of Work
Astro Pet Sitters of Brandon, Florida came to my home in Valrico, Florida every day while I was on vacation, to care for my pets with excercise and feeding, while keeping me informed by email the entire time I was away, with updates about my pets well being. Having left 4 small dogs at home, Astro Pet Sitters made my vacation even more worry free, without feeling bad about leaving my dogs caged up in a dog kennel as I had done so many times in the past. Best of all, I am convinced if my dogs could talk, they would beg me leave them at home again with the care of Astro Pet Sitters, anytime I can't be home myself. Needless to say, I've never before seen my dogs so relaxed after I return home from vacation without the trauma of being left in a dog kennel while I'm gone and I'm looking forward to using Astro Pet Sitters again and again, whenever I need a pet sitter.

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Taxi/Shuttle Service
    Animal Grooming
    Satisfaction

Dog walking, pet sitting, pet care, dog sitting, cat sitting, house sitting, pet taxi.