Please call for more details.

The Screen Depot, Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2012

3.7

1500 SW 30TH AVE

Boynton Beach, FL 33426

The Screen Depot installs windows, screens, enclosures, patios, awnings and shutters in the South Florida area. Delray Beach, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Palm Beach, Wellington & More!...

04/14/2022

Anthony C.

Worst experience ever. Paid over 47 thousand dollars for a patio enclosure that I had to basically manage as the quality of work and communication was EXTREMELY poor. When I sent an email that I was going to file a complaint to the BBB the son called me and threatened to come out immediately and collect the final check for 2500 and he said he would no longer honor what was promised. The father, who likes to verbally abuse you, threatened to file a lien against my home even though the work was not completed. Do yourself a favor AND STAY AWAY from these people it is nothing short of a nightmare that YOU THE CONSUMER gets to pay for. Please see attached pictures as I have more showing other work they had to correct....47 thousand dollars and my home looks like a trailer.

Description of Work
Patio Enclosure

Category sunrooms

While I can't see the pictures the customer has indicated he has included, I can assume it would be the pictures of the paint job we originally did using the paint code he provided. The problem that he leaves out is when he provided the paint code he failed to mention it was for a quart of paint so when we bought the paint it was mixed with the wrong amount of dye and was light. We did not make it a problem and bought new paint and repainted. I will also point out that our installer did spill a little paint and did have a few spots of over paint, but we did return the next day to resolve those issues. This review is stimming from the fact that the customer requested we not return after final inspection to put in the window screw covers for the picture windows since he wanted to get his tile floor put in and the company he hired to do it could only start on the day proceeding our inspection and he requested that once finished it would need a few days to dry and we should be able to walk on it after Monday (4/11/22). Via email I confirmed with the customer that I would be giving him a call Monday (4/11/22) after confirming with the crews when they should finish up the jobs they had started to let him know if we would be there Tuesday (4/12/22) or Wednesday(4/13/22) and if it would be morning or afternoon. The customer called and left a message during the day that we did not and could not return until the end of the day after we could speak to the installers to get a better idea and an accurate time frame. The customer then proceeded to email us shortly after leaving the voicemail threatening that he would be posting these reviews and filing a complaint with the BBB since he had not heard from us. We did attempt to call the customer to explain why he had not heard from us but all he could do was tell us to go “F” ourselves. We have all our emails and text messages between us and the customer for anyone who would like to see them when considering this review against our company.

06/24/2020

lynn D.

did not install the deco drain like I asked. instead installed a flange that does NOT DRAIN!

Description of Work
replace my existing lani with a new one

Category doors, sunrooms

The deco drain was omitted by mistake from our sub contractor, we also refunded her the cost for the drain and we had in the process drain slots being designed which give proper water drainage. We install those at no additional cost to her and as many other customers can testify they work great but each situation is unique. she has a ground water problem, we extended her existing slab by 36", we only pitched the slab from 1/8" to 1/4" because the more we pitch slab the lower we go below grade. The problem is her exterior flower bed is 2" higher than the interior slab, this allows water to drain in and get trapped as it cannot drain our. I tried to explain it was a simple fix, have her gardener lower the exterior flower bed height. She also complained there were weeds growing up from part of the exterior screen porch, I tried to explain that was from the lawn crew mowing grass and it blowing up against her aluminum frame and she would need to hose it off each time they mow if she did't want that to happen but it was not something we could warranty. She then complained about the dirt again inside porch and the drain slots not working, I went inside screen porch, put my finger in drain slot and pulled out a wedge of cat hair, I showed her and told her she needed to clean drain slot. she used every F*#K word or word to speak to me, yelled at me. I remained courteous to her, did not yell or curse at her, I even asked to speak to the young lady that walked out of house to see who was yelling and cursing, once she saw it was [Member Name Removed] she walked back in. Even if deco drain was installed she would still be having water issues I explained, the ground level outside is higher then the floor level inside. I tried to explain how to fix the problem but continued cursing and yelling from her. For the record, we installed a aluminum roof with open screen porch and small slab extension All meeting Palm Beach County inspections

03/07/2016

Tim A.

Bad, Worse, Horrible, and then Good. While installing the enclosure there were structural problems. They came back twice, and it was eventually resolved and fixed to my specifications.

Description of Work
Installed a new screen enclosure.

01/25/2016

Tim A.

It's been a horrible experience. There was a massive leak and now the frame isn't structurally sound. They've come out six times to fix a leak problem. Now I'm dealing with the screen coming loose as well as the frame wobbling. I still haven't seen the owner since the initial signing even though we've had many problems. I wouldn't recommend the company.

Description of Work
New screen for an enclosed patio.

Category screen repair

{Member's name removed} has been a a very good customer but has not been very realistic. We have had over seven inches of rain in one day along with two tornado's. Mr {Member's name removed} called all upset he had a huge leak only for us to find a minor drip at the gutter to roof attachment area. Mr. {Member's name removed} does not understand that when we come out in the rain we cannot do anything until the roof drys and as long as we are getting rain every other day it makes this difficult. I will also say when Mr. {Member's name removed} has called with an issue we have had someone there within 24 hours, we will correct this issue for Mr. {Member's name removed} but find it totally unrealistic that these minor issues can be corrected while in this difficult weather conditions where it rains everyday.

11/18/2015

Tim A.

Description of Work
Did a great job.

Category screen repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed] is a good customer and we are thankful for his comments.

05/25/2015

Kay B.

The sunroom is gorgeous! The men who did the work, mostly Bobby and Eric, were very professional and took great pride in their work. The communication with the ownership of the company was unsatisfactory. Calls were not returned in a timely fashion. This is the only negative in our experience with the company. The most important aspect is the end product. We are 100% satisfied with our new beautiful sunroom. We highly recommend Screen Depot.

Description of Work
Built a sunroom.

Category screen repair, sunrooms

We apologize for the lack of communication. We have since hired a communications manager who is here to answer all our customers questions and concerns. We hope if you ever need us in the future you will let us know. Thank You.

01/08/2015

Tammy M.

12/18/2014

Linda G.

Description of Work
Did not do one new job. Not happy about that. Fixed work previously done. Much appreciated. |That was great.

Category screen repair

We are sorry we were not able to follow through with your request regarding a new sliding screen door, but we explained to them that we could no longer provide this product because of the lies submitted to Angie's List regarding a set of sliding screen door which that homeowner was told and it was put in writing that we could not provide locks with the new screen doors because our unifit door frame/ lock was different than there actual frame. Each time I explain this they always say oh we don't need a lock on a screen door we just need bug protection and yet Angie's List allow a consumer post a F rating for us even after they knew we couldn't provide him with locks for sliding screen doors and it was written on contract. We can no longer provide this one service because some consumers lie and then try to hurt good honest companies. So please see the "REVIEW FROM THAT PAST CUSTOMER" then I will send anyone a copy of his contract which states what we could not provide regarding his locks. You are wonderful customers but I now must not allow a poor rating being based on customers lies since Angie's List will not require them to prove any thing and when I offered to prove he lied about contract details they told me oh well we can't remove his comments just respond and get other Angie's List consumers to give you a good rating. I still believe this is a poor way to run a referral program when consumers are allowed to lie but this is why we won't help customer with problems if we have to worry about lies being told.

12/18/2014

William K.

Description of Work
I had the entire patio cage re screened and had the cage reinforced. For a few weeks I did not hear from anyone and was getting concerned if I picked the right company. But once I received the call that I was scheduled for the next two days, everything went great. Everything that was quoted was done better then expected. The guys were very nice to deal with. In the end, they did a great job.

Category screen repair

Thank you [ ], unfortunately I have to weigh a man power shortage verses just getting a job done on schedule. I choose doing the job right the first time verses being there a week late or on time. We always communicate with homeowners but I found over the years if I tell a customer we are going to be a week behind because of a labor shortage, weather conditions they always feel we will give them a rush job when we arrive. We no longer give actual dates for install and haven't for over two years, what we do is give an approximate time frame of 3-4 weeks based on our completing jobs under contract before theirs. He is extremely happy with the work and quality and as a consumer myself I'll take someone being a week late and a quality product verses someone showing up on time and a poor quality job.

12/04/2014

JOSEPH U.

They took a $400 deposit and they kept saying they were going to everything. They never showed up. I asked for my deposit back but they only gave me $250. I had to call several times. I ended up having another company do the project. He was unprofessional.

Description of Work
They were going to put up a new screen enclosure.

Category sunrooms

10/15/2014

Tammy M.

They were very prompt and professional. The workers were very neat and clean and they cleaned up after the installation was done and made sure there was no aluminum on my patio because i have small dogs. I would use The Screen Depot again on another job. You cant always believe what other people say about a company until you call them and see for yourself i did and had a wonderful experience. Their number is 734 - 0167

Description of Work
The Screen Depot put a insulated roof on for me.

06/29/2014

Ruth S.

A friend of ours had recommended Ken and his company, Screen Depot. Despite the fact that he had an and quot;Fand quot; rating, we called and made an appointment. We found Ken to be very professional, arriving on time to appointments, keeping us informed of the work that had to be done, and delivering an outstanding product in a timely manner. There are always two sides to every story, and had I relied solely on one person's unhappy experience, I would have missed out on using a stellar company and getting the great service that came with it.

Description of Work
Enclosed my patio area

Category screen repair

We have since this review was done actually worked for this customer again and I believe they were even more happy with the quality of the second job. These are true, honest customers which is why I went into this type of business

01/10/2014

Mike G.

Screen Depot Never Completed the Job that I Paid for, locking Mechanism on 2 Screen Doors never provided, I have contacted and left several messages. on 9-13-13 I paid a deposit of $ 400.00 for replacement of 5 screens on the outside of my house. On 10-16-13 the 5 new Screens were installed and paid for with a promise to return back to my house with the locking Mechanism on 2 of the Screens. I have called on the phone to the office of the Screen Depot and left several messages and sent several Emails since October to the Screen Depot and have not received any responses back on my emails or any of the messages that I have left.

Description of Work
They replaced 5 screens on the outside of my house.

Category screen repair, replacement windows