Atlas Service Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2014

3.5

101 Commerce Rd

Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Extended Service Warranty for Residential Homes. A/C Service Repair and Replacement, Appliance Service Repair and Replacement, Plumbing and Electrical, Water Heater Service and Sales. 59 employees. In business for 35 years. Family owned and operated. No sub-contracting...

06/16/2021

Valerie L.

Make sure to have everything explained and in writing before doing any business with them. Very unhappy with the service.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

02/23/2018

Darlene P.

Atlas Air Conditioning, Boynton Beach, installed a new A/C air handler., A/C unit, and thermostat in September 2016. I had problems with the drain line backing up within 6 months. Had 2 service calls to clear the lines. Finally, the 3rd time, when the water starting leaking through the wall below, the technician realized the handler had been installed incorrectly, on a tilt. Thankfully, they came out and tore the whole thing out and reinstalled it around August 2017. However, in the fear week of January 2018, I had to use the heater for the first time....no hot air. They came out for a service call and the technician said the thermostat had been programmed incorrectly and that the reinstall of the A/C air handler had also left air leaks. I had to pay $95 for that service call but the technician wrote on the order to "please reassess the charge",meaning the $95 I paid because it was the company's fault. I called their "customer support" today, 2/23, after realizing they hadn't refunded the service charge. Even though I explained I wouldn't have needed a service call if the thermostat had been installed correctly, she insisted they would NOT refund the service call. I explained over and over again, to no avail. SO...it's their incompetence that caused the service call, as acknowledged by the technician, but they would NOT refund the $95.00. Two major mistakes, much inconvenience and some hot days with no A/C, and a very cold weekend with no heat, but they choose to keep that money.. Does that in any way seem like a company you'd want to spend thousands of dollars with? I'd advise not to. Buyer beware!

Description of Work
New A/C, air handler, and thermostat purchase and installation

11/09/2017

Adam W.

They Ripped Me Off!! If you have the same experience file a complaint with the Florida Attorney Generals office and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations[D.B.P.R].

Description of Work
This company flagged my 2 contracts for NO SERVICE after I complained about their horrible service. I only found out because 2 weeks after the complaint I tried to pace a service call for clogged drains in the master bath and that's when I found out they flagged me. They told me I would have to speak with Kimberly the owner who would never get on the phone. After almost 5 months they sent a check for $220.00 refund minus the almost 5 months proration due to me. Then they stopped payment on the check. Go to BOTH Broward County and Palm Beach County Clerk of Court public Records websites and see how many times they are now being sued and all the lawsuits over almost 3 decades. Then on both counties Search for Kimberly Grossman the owner and see how many times she is now being sued personally and all the other times she has been sued personally in close to 3 decades. Google "ATLAS SERVICES RIPOFF REPORT" and see link after link of horrendous complaints. Then Google "KIMBERLY GROSSMAN RIPOFF REPORT" see even more outrageous complaints. They are inter-mingling business names. The check they stopped payment on was from BLUE AIR MECHANICAL SERVICES LLC. If you go to sunbiz.org you will see this company is registered with the state at 137 N Cannery Row Circle Delray Beach, FL 33444 Kimberly Grossman's home address. [She is now Kimberly Helton since being divorced]. But the address on the check is 101 Commerce RD, Boynton Beach Fl. They are RUTHLESS MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE. If you look at all their open lawsuits on the public websites mentioned above you will see they have a lot of attorney representation so it would now seem they are using my money for attorneys. The worst lawsuit against them was from Helene Weiss. This case involved an elderly woman well over 60 that includes charges of breach of contract, negligence, assault, coercion, deceptive and unfair trade practices, civil theft and fraud. They intimated this elderly woman to pay $184.37 and then used the credit card authorization and changed the 1 to look like a 7 then recharged it to the credit card with the same authorization number and it went through leaving her to pay $968.37. Its right on the palm beach county court public records look for yourself. To find this one you need to put in Atlas Services. Do Atlas service and you will see even more lawsuits. "STAY AWAY"

Category appliance repair, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, small appliance repair, water heater repair, air duct cleaning, home warranty companies, dryer vent cleaning

08/01/2017

Hilary J.

The installer was punctual, diagnosed the problem and replaced the unit. However, during the City of Delray Beach's inspection it was noted that two things hadn't been completed by the installer. The installer did return and complete the installation and the re-inspection went well. My biggest complaint is that their response to calls and/or emails was not good. I did buy a service contract from them and I hope all goes well in the future.

Description of Work
A/C was not cooling properly.

07/23/2017

Jonathan F.

.BEWARE!!! Atlas Services sold us a home service contract and did not honor their contract. They came out to my home to repair an AC unit, they told me it needed to be replaced and tried to sell me a new unit for $3000. I called AC All Stars for a second opinion before allowing Atlas to replace the unit for $3k. AC All stars came out and for $250 replaced the capacitor , recharged the system & showed me the obvious loose fitting that was the problem then the old AC unit worked great ! I contacted the owner Kimberly and she was nasty to me and said they would not reimburse this repair bill. On another occasion, they came out to fix a leak on my kitchen sink. According to the contract this is a covered service. They told me the part that the strainer basket/drain had a small crack. They said the labor was covered but the part was not. They tried to sell me this part for $120. I checked the part price on Amazon and it was under $10 for the exact part they were selling me. I again and called to speak to management. They told me if I did not buy their part, the service call would not be covered for labor. I told them I would not buy their part and at that point and after canceling that service, they came back knocked at the door and offered to replace the part for $60. This is his company took just under $1000 from me for this service contract. When they figured out that I am educated on repair costs , they realize they could not screw me over, Kimberly the owner canceled my service contract. They refused to refund any of my money. I am currently suing them which is public record through Palm Beach County courts. They be served very shortly. If your considering doing business with this company you should Google atlas services complaints and read the long list that I will be bringing to court.

Description of Work
I purchased a 1 year home service contract / home warranty. They took my money and did not perform the services . I had to call the police to try and get my money back. Now I am suing them. All public record. Beware of this company

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, home warranty companies

08/12/2015

Susan T.

My unit was fixed, as far as I can tell. The technician (Ray), very professional, and understanding.

Description of Work
I hired Atlas because in their dealings with my mother, they seemed polite, competent, and reliable. In May I had to replace my 14 year old central (two ton) air conditioner, and I used Atlas to supply and install a new Rheem unit. On Saturday August 8th, my new a/c was leaking (the coils were freezing), so I called them at approximately 1PM for service. The dispatcher was unable to send someone over (due to high demand) until two days later. She said they were "booked" for the day. On Monday morning at 8:15 AM their technician arrived and accurately diagnosed the problem. It was faulty thermal expansion valve, and he called to requisition a new one. I am concerned that a part would fail on a brand new unit. I know that's not Atlas' fault. I wish this company was able to obtain parts (for a new machine) in a shorter timeframe, as I needed to wait an additional day for repair. The technicians have been nothing but professional and competent, they try their best to be on time. I just wish they would have quicker access to parts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home warranty companies

05/29/2015

henry C.

TECH CAME OUT ON THURSDAY MORNING BECAUSE THE A/C WAS NOT COOLING, HE TOLD US THAT THERE WAS A LEAK AND IT WOULD NOT BE EFFICIENT TO FIX IT. SO WE DECIDED TO BUY A NEW A/C. THEY WERE ABLE TO REPLACE THE AC THE SAME DAY. THE HAD THE NEW AC INSTALLED AND WORKING THE SAME DAY. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A NEW AC FOR US

05/21/2015

CARLOS C.

AWESOME. THE TECHNICIAN WAS VERY COURTEOUS AND GOT THE WORK DONE QUICKLY. HE CLEANED UP WHEN HE WAS DONE.

Description of Work
REPLACED 2 VALVES AND SHOWER HANDLE

Category plumbing

05/14/2015

henry C.

TECH WAS HERE AT 8:30, LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE. TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR AND HE WAS DONE. VERY CLEAN.

Description of Work
DRYER VENT CLEANING.

Category dryer vent cleaning

04/02/2015

David M.

One of the worst things that can happen on a hot sunny day in south Florida is when the ac goes out. I called a big name a/c company that I had dealt with in the past. When they came out and told me I needed an entire new system. They quoted me a price of $4700. My neighbor has recommended I call his company that services his a/c and appliances, which was Atlas Services. I called them to give me a second quote on a new a/c and the person who came out looked at my unit and told me he noticed two problems, and that those problems could be fixed for under $400, including parts, and that the rest of the system was strong, and not needing replacement for quite a few more years. I authorized the repairs. When the technician left I had cold air again. I waited a few weeks before posting this review to make sure everything working fine, and I am delighted to say, I have found an honest, A/C company. I was surprised to see some negative reports on Angie?s List, after having such a great experience with this company. I could understand that people are not happy when things that can be repaired are not replaced. But my experience was opposite, I was told my a/c needed replacing (at my expense) and it just needed some repairs. I see know how I could of easily been taken advantage of. I feel very comfortable recommending Atlas! If another company has quoted you a price to replace your unit, I suggest you get 2nd opinion immediately, that few extra minutes of call saved me THOUSANDS! Thank you for being an honest company in South Florida!

Description of Work
Repair my Air Conditioner

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/27/2015

Teak T.

Sells you a service contract, but always teaches his service people to up sell you. Always trying to get you to do unnecessary work

Category appliance repair

This customer had a maintenance contract with us. The air conditioner was corroded and falling apart. We left her with a quote for a new efficient unit or having the evaporator coil cleaned. This was not up-selling, this was recommending work to have the unit running as efficiently as possible.

03/11/2015

henry C.

The plumber that came out to install the hot water heater was very neat. She was done in less than 3 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced my water heater.

Category electrician, water heater repair

02/19/2015

henry C.

We were with another company before and switch to atlas last year.So far the service has been good. I can call and get an appointment the same day. They had to order a part for my dishwasher and the part came within 3 days, installed the next day.

Description of Work
We bought a Service Contract

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

02/19/2015

Chad T.

Cleaned the 12 AC vents and had to go on the roof to clean the dryer vent. Tech was very neat & he cleaned up everything after he completed the job.

Description of Work
Clean all of my A/C Vents & Dryer Vent.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

02/17/2015

MICHAEL L.

EVERYTHING WENT WELL . THE TECH WAS ON TIME I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT LONG . VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY CLEAN.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A GARBAGE DISPOSAL AND ARE COMING BACK OUT TO INSTALL A NEW TOILET

02/02/2015

barbara C.

THE TECH CAME AND CLEANED ALL THE VENTS FOR THE A/C, ALSO DID THE TUNE UP FOR BOTH A/C. DID A GREAT JOB

Description of Work
AC DUCT CLEANING & TUNE UP ON BOTH AC'S

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

01/30/2015

CARLOS C.

THE TECHNICIAN DID A VERY GOOD JOB. HE EVEN GROUTED AROUND THE BASE OF THE TOILET WHERE I HAD SOME DAMAGED TILES.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A NEW TOILET.

01/30/2015

CARLOS C.

They did an excellent job. Very professional. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Atlas installed a new A/C system in my home.

01/23/2015

Chad T.

The tech was there at 8:30 as promised and was very neat. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Installed a hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/12/2014

Allen E.

We've used them for the past four years and have been very pleased. We recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We have a home warranty program with them. We pay about $430 a year.

Category home warranty companies

09/30/2013

Kathleen D.

They are always on time and try to fix items the same day

Description of Work
Annual service contract.

03/22/2013

henryk M.

They are prompt in answering my calls however, I don’t like that they tend to only want to replace appliances instead of fix them. After four or five time of them telling I needed new units, I found that we would not be investing in their services again.

Description of Work
They do maintenance and handyman services for my rental units.

08/23/2012

ANTHONY D.

Their first visit was to be to service our A/C unit. I waited 5 hours for someone to show up and then I left at 5:15pm. I was told over the phone that they would be there by 5pm. When I returned home I found a note that said they had stopped by at a time that I actually was home and the door was open for them. I told them in writing that I didn't want to deal with them further. Strangely on June 20th, when no one was in the house, a charge of $950.00 showed up on my credit card. They are not returning any of my phone calls that I have made for the past two weeks.

Description of Work
Signed maintenance contract for large appliances and air-conditioning unit.

Category appliance repair

This is a false report. The Customer purchased a service contract. Signed the contract and returned the contract with his payment by credit card. The customer then did a chargeback on his credit card and lost.

07/16/2012

Susan A.

They have false advertising. They say one thing and provide something else. They could not fix my water heater so they were supposed to replace the water heater, but they did not. They always have a reason why they can not fix something. I do not recommend them.

Description of Work
I called them to fix the oven.

Category appliance repair

Atlas Services never provided service for this customer and this customer does not hold a service contract with Atlas Services. Have no idea who this person is.

03/19/2012

Cheryl H.

The company was non responsive to our complaint. They never offered to help repair it or give us money to replace. They claimed they were not responsible even it though states in their contract that they are responsible. They kept telling us they aren't responsible but they are because they are the ones that caused the problem. It was the incompetence of their technician that caused the flood that damaged the floor. Everyone beware do not sign up with Atlas! We had been a customer for many years and now feel betrayed.

Description of Work
We have a year long contract for appliance repair. The technician came and put in a new garbage disposal. That night we turned on the dish washer and when we came back there was a flood. The technician had not attached the lines from the disposal and the dishwasher. It damaged our pergo floor causing the corners to fold up. Atlas sent someone out to take measurements on the floor and made a appointment to replace the floor. When the man came out he replaced a board under the sink and then said they will not be replacing the floor.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

The company did a dishwasher repair for the customer's tenant. There was a small water leak. Please understand that this is on a 30 year old buckled wood floor which the member is not disclosing. The customer has a water leak issue prior to Atlas providing service. The damage under the wood floors were repaired by Atlas as a courtesy to the customer. We will not repair or replace damage floors that have been there and left unrepaired by the landlord, that have no responsibility of Atlas Services. The tenant scheduled a service call based on a water leak prior to any service performed by Atlas Services. Kimberly Grossman-President