Appliance King of America Inc

State of Florida
12/31/2021

224 NE 3rd St

Boynton Beach, FL 33435

We are performing all services with safety of our customers and team members first of mind. All service staff will wear masks at all times in your home. In addition we have issued every field employee hand sanitizer which will be used, at a minimum, before and after every job. All of our calls are screened for potential symptoms and our employees are checked regularly. Rest assured as a company we take this situation serious and take every precaution to protect us all.

We accept remote payment

Welcome to Appliance King of America, where our service makes a difference! -Local since 1946- Appliance King of America is South Florida’s complete resource for appliance repair, installation, and sales. We repair all domestic makes and models of major residential appliances. We also sell repair parts for those interested in do-it-yourself appliance repair. If you have experienced an appliance disaster, call Appliance King of America for 24-hour emergency service. All of our service calls are free with repairs, and we provide senior citizen discounts. Appliance King of America provides complete same-day service and delivery on all major appliances. All of our repairs are done on-premises, and a huge part of our inventory, especially parts, are located on our trucks. If you are experiencing an appliance emergency, please call us for 24-hour service....

4.4

appliance repair (111)large appliances (8)HVAC Companies (1)

02/25/2022

Gary F.

Caution…If you have an icemaker problem in your Samsung refrigerator do not call Appliance King (AK). I sent a picture to AK when we opened the service request so they knew the model number and I had an icemaker issue. A service technician came out and before even looking at the icemaker, told me this is a known problem so call Samsung and they will replace it for free. He then did a visual inspection. I was charged $139 for the service call. I contacted AK indicating I shouldn’t have been charged for the call and after a few days, finally got a call from the owner. I explained the problem and he wanted to do research and talk to the tech. I had to call back 3 days later to request a call back. He explained their diagnosis process and offered to refund $40 of the $139 service call charge. As this is a known problem, I feel I should not have had to pay the service call if all they were going to do was refer me to Samsung. I told him to keep the $40 because I disagreed with his offer. I now have a service call in with Samsung and even though the refrigerator is out of warranty, they told me it will be a free replacement. Call Samsung at 1.800.726.7864. I don’t know but it makes you wonder how many other products have similar issues that AK just refers you to the manufacturer after the service call is charged.

Description of Work
Refrigerator ice maker

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

12/12/2021

John A.

Lousy, I made an appointment days in advance only to have cancelled on me minutes after the scheduled time. Very unprofessional. would never call again. I wasted almost a week waiting for them.

Description of Work
Repair Electric Dryer

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

04/30/2021

carla B.

Amazing! We saw water puddling on the floor in front of the freezer at about 1pm in the afternoon and quickly surmised the refrigerator/freezer was not cooling. I consulted Angie’s List and found Appliance King. Jordan, our Uber professional Appliance Tech, came by quickly, diagnosed the problem(s), which also included the dispenser/ice maker not working (postponed repair due to the pandemic), quoted us for both repairs, ordered the parts, repaired within days..professional and easy! Our repair wasn’t going to be inexpensive no matter who we used because of the model of frig, but I used their Angie’s coupon(kismet) made it better!!!!

Description of Work
GE Monogram Compressor board/Water Dispenser & Ice Maker

Cost $453.23

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

02/12/2021

Elizabeth C.

The technician, Ryan Moore, came at the scheduled time after advising us of his coming 20 minutes before, as promised. He immediately found the cause of the problem : our sink garbage disposal had been changed two days before by somebody else and the new one was not properly installed. Ryan fixed it and everything is now fine. Charge was reasonable. Our previous contact with Appliance King of America's head office to organize the repair was also professional and courteous. We are fully satisfied and highly recommend this company which we did not know before and which we selected from Angie's list.

Description of Work
Our dishwasher did not drain properly and soapy water was leaking out.

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

01/13/2021

M J.

Appliance King was very responsive to our inquiry. We were able to quickly schedule an appointment. The service tech was personable and worked to solve the issue with the freezer quickly. An Appliance King representative even followed up, personally, (no robo call!) after the service call to make sure everything was in order. We are very pleased with the service provided and highly recommend using them for your appliance repairs.

Description of Work
Freezer repair; freezer was not cooling.

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

11/30/2020

Jan S.

Checked it extensively, couldn't repair it, but gave valuable advice on purchasing a new one. Joe also checked out our other appliances and gave tips on longevity.

Description of Work
Repair of Samsung dishwasher

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

11/14/2020

Cindy M.

David very professional, great personality used the service charge towards purchase of the pump.couldnt be happier! He knows his stuff!

Description of Work
N Ew pump in washing machine

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

09/21/2020

Tom N.

A+ On time, on budget, polite, professional, knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Washing Machine repair

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

05/04/2020

Dan G.

Called them on Saturday and left message - waited with food spoiling in my fridge til Monday afternoon before calling someone else, who came right out and did the repair at a very fair price. These guys finally get back to me on TUESDAY! No thanks.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am so sorry we missed your message sent through Angie's List. Our office manager who usually monitors this inbox is working from home in a limited capacity due to her risk factors associated with the COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing. I did confirm we never received a phone call or voicemail from you on Saturday. However, again my apologies that we did not get back to your Angie's List message sooner. We have reassigned responsibility for monitoring our Angie's List inbox so this does not happen again in the future. Our office is known for its incredible responsiveness, and we hope you can experience this great level of service we have become known for at some point in the future. Thank you, David Costanzo Owner Appliance King of America

04/07/2020

Ann S.

What a wonderful company to work with: From Ryan who addressed the problem to Julie & Diane (who found the right one at a discount price) to Jordan who came the next day to do the installation. Jordan went over and above to install the refrigerator. Very seldom do you come across a company (family owned) that does it all and cares about its customers. This is a very difficult time to say the least, masks were used by all (including our family), and so we were able to replace our refrigerator in one day. Thank you Appliance King of America!

Description of Work
Refrigerator not working; repair no longer under warranty. Bought a new GE Refrigerator, came back the next day, and installed new refrigerator

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for this incredible review!!! It looks like you were helped by almost every member of our team!! This makes me incredibly proud and we really appreciate feedback like this! Hope you are loving that new refrigerator! Thanks again, David Costanzo Owner Appliance King of America

Appliance King of America is a family-owned and -operated appliance repair, maintenance, sales, and parts business in the greater West Palm Beach-Delray-Boynton-Boca-community. For over 70 years, we have served as a trusted neighborhood appliance repair and maintenance team.

HVAC, Hot Water Heater