Magee Construction Corp

Founded 1972 • With Angi since December 2011

7 Cody St

West Hartford, CT 06110

Additional DBAs - Magee Siding & Construction Co., Magee Companies, Magee Window System, Magee Roofing Co., Magee Kitchens & Bath, Magee Property Management. Family owned & operated. Additional phone - (860) 529-8122. Additional contact name - Reno Denovellis. Additional fax - (860) 953-2200. Additional email - messages@mageecompanies.com. ...

09/13/2016

Sebastian M.

Magee Company did a fantastic job from start to finish. They got me the quote very quickly and in a professional manner. Once the work began the roofers worked VERY hard and efficiently. All the workers were very polite . I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they finished. The work was done neatly and correctly. I will definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replace a roof on a commercial building. The building has a very steep pitched and fairly large roof similar to that of an old New England barn. I went with asphalt architectural shingles .

12/19/2015

ROSEMARY F.

Work was done as requested, punctual, clean, informed me every step of the way. Removed old materials, even re-seeded grass around area of the new post and rail fence, which I didn't expect. Magee has done repairs for me for years and they have never gone over the estimate.

Description of Work
New post and rail fence, added soffit vents under eaves, vented 2 bathroom fans through the roof.

Category roofing,siding

05/07/2015

Kristen A.

Things started off fine enough. A representative came out to assess the work and said we would have an estimate by the end of the week. We never received one and had to call several times before we got a response. We did get a proposal later that night, but it was confusing and missing some of the key work we wanted done (porch restoration). Repeated attempts to reach them went without even the courtesy of a returned phone call. VERY sloppy and unprofessional. Don't waste your time.

Description of Work
Gave us an incomplete estimate for work and never responded to repeated phone calls to try to remedy the proposal.

Category siding

03/23/2015

Edward L.

performance was timely, good cleanup and questions.were promply addrressed by supervisor.No probems with roof throught this past difficult winter.

Description of Work
new roof for family room in back of house. Previous roof leaked

07/14/2014

Steve R.

From the large commercial flat roof to the 6 family roof down to the small repairs we were very happy and satisfied with the projects. Their prices were fair and the work was excellent. Would definitely recommend them and will use them again on our other properties.

Description of Work
They came out and did 2 complete roofs, gutters and several smaller repairs on other buildings

Category gutter repair,roofing

06/23/2014

Kay L.

Fine, except he never came back to replace piece in front of door sill.

Description of Work
Replaced door and frame -- labor only.

Category roofing,doors

06/05/2014

Eric M.

I hired Magee for snow removal and payed an upfront fee for this service. I do not recommend pre paying for service as you are not a priority for the company once they have your money. The first small snow storm they came out in a reasonable timeframe and did an ok job. When there were larger storms my tenants would call me 10-12 hours after the snow had stopped and could not get in or out of the driveway. Every time it snowed I was on the phone complaining and got nothing but attitude. I let them know up front that I have other properties that I was looking for services if they performed well on this one but that didn't seem to matter. One of the last storms of the season I noticed some damage to my siding. I didn't feel like dealing with them and decided I would repair myself and never call them again. I have similar services on other properties with local smaller contractors and have always had a pretty good experience but decided to go with a larger contractor to get better service. I was wrong. I would not recommend using Magee for snow removal.

Description of Work
Hired Magee to perform snow removal for my rental property.

Category property management

05/28/2014

Pennina B.

Always show up as promised. Very professional crew. Bathroom looks perfect,no issues. Custom vanity perfect fit,excellent tile work. Paint job was good,but needed some touch ups which the crew supervisor came back and spent several hours doing. Very responsive even after the job was paid. The electrician is a long term employee, did an excellent job , he even hung new light fixtures through the house as part of the painting job. One small job done for $200, was to fix trim around the garage doors, it was found that due to shoddy work before by a and quot;handymanand quot; the wood underneath was rotting,would have extended to the support beam for the second floor if not fixed, the wood was replaced, for a minimal extra cost. That was the only time the cost was more than the written estimate.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of full bathroom, window replacement,,painted interior of home, miscellaneous repairs and upgrades. Roofing job in 2010.

Category remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling

03/29/2014

george A.

From beginning of project to the end, we were extremely satisfied with Magee and Companies. We first met with Reno, who managed the entire project. He was always accessible via email and when not in the office, Linda handled our calls and answered our questions. To kickoff our project, Reno met us at the condo, asked some questions about what we wanted to do and then measured the condo. He provided us with an estimate within 2 days of our first meeting. We chose Magee because not only because they were highly recommended to us by our friends but we were quite impressed with the professionalism and timeliness of our first visit with Reno. Next, we stopped at the Magee showroom in West Hartford, CT where we chose our new windows and cabinets for the kitchen. They were ordered and within 5 weeks, work began. We met Richard and Tom who did most of the renovations from beginning to end and were so impressed by the hard work of these two men and others who were all very professional and just as hard working. Every day they arrived promptly at 7 a.m. and finished at 4 p.m. with little or no breaks. The entire project took one month. We are so thankful for the quality of their work is A+ and feel they had our best interest in mind. They really mean it when they say, and quot;we'll take good care of youand quot;. We would use this company again and have already recommended them to our friends and family. Our heartfelt thanks to Magee and Companies for everything!

Description of Work
We purchased a 30 yr. old condo which needed to be completely renovated. Magee and Companies managed the entire project.

Category remodeling

08/18/2013

Thomas C.

Things started off well. A quick appointment was made, and their representative came on site to check out what we wanted done, and while there was a delay, a phone call appropriately put us at ease. The representative told us that he was going on vacation so it would be a couple of weeks before he would be able to get back to us with numbers. A full month later, we had not received any contact from them. I called to find out what was going on, and was told that I would receive the estimate and plans in an email the following Tuesday. A full two weeks later, I had not received anything, and I called leaving a message on the representative's voice mail. I have yet to receive a call back. Not terribly professional.

Description of Work
Came to the house to evaluate and provide an estimate for several jobs to be done including kitchen and flooring.

Category flooring contractor,remodeling,roofing,home remodeling

Klaus Larsen LLC

When you choose Klaus Larsen LLC, you select a company of professionals who take great pride in our craftsmanship, and treat you, your time, and your property with the utmost respect. We make sure that before we leave your home, you are completely satisfied with our work and our cleanup, and we consider you a customer for as long as our warranty lasts. And that’s a lifetime! Klaus Larsen LLC serves Connecticut and Rhode Island with roofing services such as roof replacement, roof repair, gutters, attic insulation, and more. Put a Klaus on Your House! Call us for a free, no-obligation estimate today! About Klaus Larsen: Klaus Larsen bought his first apartment building in Denmark at the age of 21, renovating every single one of the 13 apartments in it in less than three years. At the age of 32, he immigrated to the US with his tools and $300 in his pocket to live the American Dream. Little did he know those metric tools would do him little good in a country that only used inches and feet. By 1998 he was able to start his own home improvement business, becoming a roofing-only company in 2010. Klaus is well known for his historic work, using his ingenious creativity to update antique homes so their roofs perform properly while maintaining their architectural integrity. His attention to detail and Old World craftsmanship have earned him a reputation for helping to maintain New England’s rich history while integrating state-of-the-art roofing technology into it’s homes.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

John's Gutter Cleaning Installation & Repair LLC

John's Gutter Cleaning offers complete Gutter Cleaning, Gutter installation, repairs and power washing services to the State of CT. We specialize in gutters and downspouts and our staff offers quality and reliable services.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available, Check, American Express
    Satisfaction

Installation, replacement of siding, windows, doors, roofing, remodeling kitchen & bathroom & property management.

Ask for details.