A-1 QUALITY MASONRY

Ellington, CT 06029

Home Improvement

08/27/2013

Catherine M.

Based on a recommendation from a friend, I hired Jack/A-1 Quality Masonry to repair the steps leading up through a retaining wall to my front walkway. The steps had eroded so badly that they were mostly a pile of rubble. Jack showed up when promised and worked steadily. The job took just a few days to complete. During the span of the job, the area work area was kept neat and all was cleaned up at the end of each day. The steps are now fully restored, and the railings re-anchored. I have recommended A-1 Quality Masonry to friends and would certainly call them again myself.

Description of Work
Repaired outside concrete steps

Category masonry

05/10/2013

Kevin C.

Awful. After quoting a price, detailing services to be performed, the contractor was verbally abusive, confrontational, and ripped out the work he had completed to date when questioned on certain aspects of the job. The police were called, lawyers were notified and his services were no longer needed.

Description of Work
Removed black top and concrete, replaced with brick patio.

Category masonry, home builders

I repaired their chimney previously and when finished they didn't want to pay the price previously agreed upon in contract but they finally did. I reluctantly took on patio job not remembering who they were until after signing contract. I should of noticed driveway pavement was removed but wasn't replaced, that should of been a red flag. Installed 3/4 of patio which had nothing to do with driveway, during which customer had me do several jobs for free which was never was enough. He told me he was a negotiator, that was his job, more like a con artist. I asked for payment on 3/4 of job which was in the contract. I wrote the contract that way because I thought I might have trouble. I usually get half up front and half upon completion. They informed me they were only going to pay me less then stated because of patio square ft. was less than stated in contract.It was less than 10' they were quibbling about and they were incorrect. They had a week to bring this up. I told them I wouldn't finish the job and would collect remaining material unless they honored the contract. I did this because at this point, I would of lost money. They then called local police which then interviewed me and agreed with me about the job. Notice they never said I was arrested or out come of the police showing up. I then contacted my attorney and he sent them a letter stating they owed me money and they then sent a check for $2,000. Notice they didn't tell you that. If what they said is true why wouldn't they take me to court and why would they pay me the money that was owed. If you have a problem with a job, quality or whatever, you pay the contractor and then take them to court. They never brought legal action because they wrong and they were just trying to take advantage of me. I have been In business for thirty years and never had this happen to me before and would always do a little more or come back and make things right but these people just tried to rip me off. See if they have had problems with other contractors and see if they have anything good to say about anyone. Fair warning to any contractors out there that are thinking of doing any work for these people, you will be sorry. Sincerely Yours Jack Nemecek

Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services

Master Carpenter with over 30 years of experience. Reliable. All work done by business owner unless specified otherwise by necessity. Creative design ideas.

Alex Masonry

We specialize in all types of masonry. We fulfill all your masonry needs. Give us a call so you can see what we can do for you.

Sammy Masonry

A family owned company for 27 years our experienced staff is available to assist you with all aspects of you masonry and construction needs Customer service is our top priority ,We specialize in brick work,stucco,blue stone ect..... Take a look at our gallery and contact Sammy Masonry to further assist you on your visions and make them come true !

Award 2022
    Offers by Sammy Masonry on Angi

Masonry, sheetrock, concrete new and repair, flashing, window replacement, plastering new and repair, tile, murals, carpentry, pavers, landscaping blocks, fountains, stone work, fireplaces(inside and out), barbeque fireplaces and pits, drainage, sump pumps and basements refinished.

Anything not listed.