East Bay Home Repair

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2012

East Bay Home Repair provides professional handyman and home renovation services to its clients. We offer quality repairs and maintenance and take pride in our work with service you can trust. We have years of experience in home improvement and renovation services. We have established strong and

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

RoofingRoofingShower

handyman (229)plumbers (93)home remodeling (36)tile installation (28)drywall (27)interior painting (25)woodworking (21)lighting (15)flooring (15)general contractors (15)drain cleaning (14)door installation (11)

03/28/2022

Michael P.

Adie and his team did a nice job. They took out our old cast iron tub and replaced it with a new one and put new tiles and a niche around it. They were quite professional and got the job done in a timely manner. The price was reasonable. I was impressed that many months after completing the job, Addie was more than willing to come by and touch up some of the caulking for usWhen we asked. Big thanks to Addie and his crew. Will use them again for other home improvement jobs.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category contractors, ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

02/16/2022

Christopher H.

Adie and his team were extremely efficient, punctual, and took great care in their work. Everything we asked of them, they delivered. Very reasonable pricing and started and finished exactly as promised. Thank you!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

Thank you for your review. We had a wonderful time working with you. I look forward to working with you in the near future. Best,

12/28/2021

Jodi K.

The service is very good, I highly recommend them, and they were professional.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you again. Best,

08/24/2021

Stephen C.

We had an extremely positive experience with Adie Ashma and East Bay Home Repair. We enjoyed working with Adie because we could trust him, and we liked his calm, rational, easygoing personality. He is a good man and an honest man, and he really wants his clients to be pleased with his work. He was comfortable making suggestions and also patient with us when we wanted something done in a particular way – even if it meant redoing work already completed. When problems arose, Adie talked them over with us calmly, and together we decided the best course of action. He also willingly went beyond the letter of our contract, to add small touches to enhance the final outcome – and never nickel-and-dimed us, either. We are very, very pleased with the end result. We love our new bathroom (so spacious, so light!), and we enjoy our refreshed bedroom, too. Not everything went well, however. The carpentry and tiling were uniformly excellent, but the plumbing, sheetrock, and compounding were not always as skillful. The plumbing for the shower and tub went smoothly, for example, but the plumbing for the vanity had to be done three times before it fit just right. In the end, everything looks great and functions flawlessly; the shower, in particular, is gorgeous. Adie’s workers are all polite and friendly, too, but a couple of them are learning new skills by being trained on the job. They also speak only limited English, so communication was sometimes difficult when Adie wasn’t present. Even so, Adie always made sure we were pleased with the work (and redid it if necessary). Two problems, a small one at the end and a big one at the beginning, illustrate Adie’s sincere desire to make sure we were satisfied. Three weeks after the job was complete, the tub stopped draining properly, but Adie quickly returned to replace the drain hose that had become kinked. A more notable problem occurred early on. During demolition, a pipe was dislodged, causing a small water leak, and shortly afterward, a worker misstepped between the exposed floor joists, both of which damaged the living room ceiling below. Adie assured us that he would take care of the damage, and he was true to his word. After the bathroom was complete, he replaced the damaged sheetrock and repainted the entire living room ceiling, so now it looks even better than it did before. In our view, a trustworthy contractor is worth his weight in gold, and Adie is even better than that. He is intelligent, thoughtful, and friendly, too, which made working with him a pleasure. We would definitely hire him again, and will when we renovate our other upstairs bathroom next year. On top of the positive experience, his costs are very reasonable. His proposal was toward the lower end of our range of bids, and MANY thousands of dollars less than the highest one. We highly recommend Adie Ashma!

Description of Work
Our project involved doubling the size of our master bathroom and renovating our bedroom. It involved a fair amount of framing, built-in cabinets, new closet doors, new hardwood floors, plenty of tiling, and a lot of plumbing, painting, and finish work. Since it depended on reusing existing space (no addition), it also required creativity and resourcefulness, ie. solving inevitable problems as they arose. The project took about 8 weeks, a couple of weeks longer than Adie hoped.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

Review for East Bay Home Repair  - 37 Riverside Dr, Branford, CT - 39451676

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a mazing review. It was so nice working with both you and your wife. Wish you both Happy new year and I look forward to working with you in the near future.

01/21/2021

Michael F.

We had a great experience working with Adie and his subcontractors on our shower renovation. Our shower was leaking water and we received some estimates to repair the water damage, fix the plumbing, and retile the shower. We chose East Bay and were very happy with the service. Adie was reliable and texted me every day to let me know when he was arriving, and gave a good summary of the work that was going to be done each day. Adie & subs wore masks for COVID at all times and were respectful of our space. Adie had some nice ideas such as adding some marble slab to the shower entryway and using concrete board in our crawl space. These were both suggested after giving us the quote, so he did not charge extra for either, or for fixing some leaky PVC that I wasn't aware of when requesting the quote... Adie just seemed like he wanted to genuinely do a good job. He is also a pleasant & honest person to work with. Definitely give East Bay a try.

Description of Work
Repair water damage and renovate shower

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Thank you so much for your review. We are thankful for the opportunity to working with you and I look forward to working with you in the near future. Best regards,

11/30/2020

Robert S.

Great job. Very professional and friendly. Would recommend again.

Description of Work
celing repair

Category contractors, drywall

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

08/31/2020

Steven D.

Sorry to give an F, but received one phone message from the contractor, who I called back the next day and left a detailed message describing the job, and then never heard back. Assuming contractor was too busy or not interested, but would have been nice to receive a return phone call letting me know. I would consider changing my rating if I get a call back.

Description of Work
Rebuild staircase, install new sub-floor, sheet rocking

Category contractors

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

Please remind me of your contact information. I am not aware that I received a call back from you. I looked forward to hearing back from.

08/22/2020

Greg S.

We are more than delighted with the quality of service that we received. Adie is great at what he does and his prompt responses to our questions were a very welcomed breath of fresh air after dealing with so many contractors and handymen who ghosted us for this job. We will definitely be using this company again in the near future for a door replacement and plan on keeping their number saved for any future issues we have around the house.

Description of Work
Windowsill replacement (2)

Category contractors, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

08/19/2020

Gene C.

Adie and his crew did an excellent job and I'm very satisfied with the workmanship. They were there everyday until the remodel was completed and made the shower accessible during the construction as I requested. He also made recommendations that improved the electrical and plumbing components of the remodel. I would not hesitate to hire him again for future construction work.

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for your review. It was very nice working with you and I am glad we were able to help. Best,

07/12/2020

Brian J.

No one ever contacted me from this company

Description of Work
Window Pane

Category contractors, egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/12/2020

thank you for your review. I believed we called but we were not able to leave you message. Sorry for the unconvinced. Best,

07/02/2020

Lashelle M.

Very professional and friendly. He explained everything!

Description of Work
He was great, he communicated throughout the process! Thorough!

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Thank you for a glowing us to work with you. It was very nice meeting you and we look forward to working with you in the near feature. best,

06/18/2020

Stephen F.

This is a pain in the ***. I already left a review and now I have to do it all over again. Overall, I'm disappointed in the job. East Bay was punctual, courteous and excellent at painting. However after I picked out the lightest yellow I was shown (out of 3) and the house was painted, it was much darker than the sample. Adie should've known this from experience and told me before painting. Afterwards, he showed me a handful of lighter samples, but despite saying he only wanted me to be happy, he spent a half hour, 2x's, convincing me that the house was good. I had asked him to repaint it lighter. In the end, he did not. Also, I think they're pretty expensive comparatively. So beware, make sure you know what the finished product will look like, not the sample!

Description of Work
House painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write you the review. I am surprise to hear that you are disappointed with job. We provided you with all the samples of yellow and gave you the time to pick the color that you want. I personally told you that you don't have decide now and please take your time to decide on your color. After few hours you made your decision so we painted the house after you gave us the okay with color you like. after we finished 2 coats on the house, you expressed dislike about the color being darker than you expected. We stoped the work and I brought more samples for you because I was willing to repaint the house but I wanted you to pick a color that you like so we can avoid more confusion. After discussing other colors, in the end we decided to keep it as it is because it is truly beautiful. However and after we decided to keep the color I did offer you %80 discount if you change you're mind with in a year. I wanted to be fair to everyone including my guys. For the record I used the best paint for the job and I gave you the best price compered with other estimate you had gotten as you said. Thanks again for your time,

06/18/2020

Mary Ann G.

Finish fencing and put up the gateNever showed up never called once we spoke once he’s avoided us don’t use them

Description of Work
Finish fencing and put up the gate

Category contractors, fencing

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

Hi there, I think you are mistaken us with some other company. I don't remember that we have been to your place or ever have talked to someone from your town about a fence. I appreciate if you check your record and see which company you have contacted. Thanks for your time. Adie

06/11/2020

EDITH B.

Our first appt. was cancelled 15" before arrival with an apology. We rescheduled for the following day. He arrived on time, apologized, checked out the leak & advised replacement. I went down to the local hardware store to buy one while he removed the old one. It was installed 15" later. We discussed future general repairs, leaving the date open. Polite, professional & friendly.

Description of Work
Leaking garbage disposal

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

05/04/2020

Mary-Jane K.

The bathrooms look awesome. Polite, punctual, professional workets. Adie is friendly and easy to talk to. Price was thousands less than other prices.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

Review for East Bay Home Repair  - 37 Riverside Dr, Branford, CT - 38713867

01/17/2020

Patricia C.

Complete bathroom demo and renovation. From my perspective everything went smoothly and the work was completed within the cost and timeframe quoted. I was pleased with the result and quality of work. Adie goes above and beyond and follows through which credits his integrity and desire to do everything possible to satisfy the customer. It was a pleasure to work with Adie on the details as the job progressed.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

01/12/2020

John G.

Good, it took a little longer than we had discussed but overall it went well

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/25/2019

08/11/2019

Cathleen L.

Great! They were on time everyday and worked diligently all day long! I have a raised ranch so they were working on tall ladders! They cleaned up at the end of everyday! I highly would recommend them!

Description of Work
The outside of my house painted

Category house painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

08/10/2019

Vanessa R.

Adie did a great job with the installation of the appliances.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 08/11/2019

03/07/2019

Sharon T.

Adie and his team are fabulous! We were in the process of getting a home ready to sell and buying a new home. Both houses needed a lot of work and Adie was able to do it all. We painted indoors at both homes, retiled a bathroom floor, updated the fireplace tile, refinished wood floors and more. He was in constant communication with recommendations as needed. Priced fairly. His versatility was helpful. We were able to have 1 person coordinating numerous jobs. Will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Painting, flooring, misc. home repairs

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/07/2019

12/09/2018

Michelle T.

Excellent, proceeded as planned and completed on time. A pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom remodel, tile, sheetrock, fixtures and electrical and plumbing

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

12/04/2018

BARRY K.

Excellent job. Removed old tub and built a walk in shower. Tiled the shower walls and put down a new bathroom floor. Installed a new heater/fan unit as well as a new vanity. Also painted the bathroom. Installed grab bars in the shower area.

Description of Work
Renovation of bathroom in cape style house

Category handyman service, home remodeling