L & G Appliance Repair

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2009

Your one-stop shop in the Aurora area, L & G Appliance Repair & Heat goes beyond residential appliance repair service to be your local air conditioning contractor and home furnace repair pro. Get the great rates you deserve on refrigerator repair, dryer repair, furnace repairs, and more. We’ve been

2022 Super Service Award

appliance repair (518)small appliance repair (38)HVAC Companies (14)electrician (6)irrigation system (2)

03/05/2022

Amy K.

Quick, high quality repair, friendly tech.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 03/05/2022

Thank you.

12/16/2021

Kent W.

I called them in the afternoon. They gave me an appointment for the next day. The serviceman arrived on time. He was polite and friendly. He diagnosed the problem in about 10 minutes and ordered the part. Showed up with the part at the time he said he would arrive. The refrigerator is running just fine. I am going to use L & G from now on.

Description of Work
Refrigerator

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

Jim S.

It went great! The technician was on time, had everything he needed with him in his truck, and explained each step of the process to my wife as he worked along. Will definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Tony G.

Communication was good for scheduling and parts ordering, as well as final repair. L & G was a pleasure for our repair.

Description of Work
Fridge repair

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

Pam L.

Marcus was great! Polite, on time, knowledgeable and reasonably priced! We will certainly use them again. We are very satisfied!

Description of Work
refrigerator repair and consult on washing machine problem

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

08/24/2021

Andrew G.

Very fast, professional and courteous. They were able to send out a repairman to evaluate the problem and provide an estimate within a day, and stuck to both their schedule and price. Absolutely would hire them again for any appliance repair needs.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

07/19/2021

hal H.

They did a great job they keep me updated for the time of their arrival which is great and I really appreciate it. Will definitely use them again if needed and will definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
Replaced thermostat in my refrigerator.

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

02/27/2021

Amanda M.

Excellent service! Denise responded to the service request urgently (even on a weekend) and the service tech Marcus was personable and knowledgable. Reasonably priced. I would highly recommend L & G and would use them again.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

02/19/2021

C G.

Josh was prompt, courteous and did a great job. I would definitely hire him again and recommend this company.

Description of Work
Gas Oven Repair

Work Completed On 02/09/2021

12/15/2020

Patricia W.

The ice maker is now working fine. It only took one day to get the part. It would be nice if the repair person were able to have the necessary parts with them so that you don't have to pay for two visits. However, I understand it may not be an option, as the repair person has to first diagnose the issue.

Description of Work
Install new ice maker.

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Thank you, We used to have parts with us at hand but it has changed due to covit. But i want you to know we didnt charge you for second trip. We discounted your trip charge of 79 and charged labor and part only.

12/15/2020

Harley L.

Zac was a very professional repairman, he respected the COVID restrictions and diagnosed the faulty parts. He ordered the parts and finished the repair very quickly. I would highly recommend their service.

Description of Work
Refrigerator compressor overload,capacitor repair.

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

11/03/2020

Jennifer Q.

I had a great experience with them. They did a terrific job!

Description of Work
"My Samsung does not heat up. Need to see what is wrong and how much would be to repair my dryer. "

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

08/16/2020

Pat H.

Thought I had almost next day service but it kept getting put back until we were at the 4 day mark. They quoted $79.00 for the service call. I also had a dryer that wasn’t working and asked if the tech could look at it also. Unbeknownst to me, she doubled the service charge. The tech didn’t ask for money then but the owner called an hour later, aggressively wanting the fee instantly. She wouldn’t negotiate about the extra appliance since we had no idea she was planning to double the charge. She grudgingly gave us $20.00 off the second service. Then, she badgered for the money at least twice a day. Quite prompt in trying to get her fee but not so much with her service. Btw, both appliances were shot and need to be replaced. It took the tech less than an hour to eyeball both appliances. I would most definitely NOT recommend this company.

Description of Work
Needed to check the viability of a washing machine. The drain was not draining.

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

This was total misunderstanding on your part. This was set up within 24 hour period 8 to 12 with Marcus on July 28th. I told you 79 on each machine waved with repair. So Marcus gave you qoute on repairs of dryer and washer. The total on those repairs were around 800 and you said you wanted time to think about it. So we never collected a dime. I spoke to your husband following day and he decided it was to much could i work with him on diagnois fee. So i gave him 20 off making it 138. And he said i dont have my credit card its locked in office, i will call you back 5 minutes. He never did. I called over and over for 2 weeks and results were you never paid your bill.

08/06/2020

Brian Z.

I have to replace ref. when they become avalable , in the furtue next year if I am lucky.

Description of Work
Frig. Mother board is going bad.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/10/2020

Hayley H.

Zach diagnosed and assessed the problem quickly and effectively...we had no problem with him but I do have a problem with how Denise, his mom, handles problems. She runs the business from out of state and they quoted us $220 for labor because it ‘took so long.’ When the part arrived two weeks after the diagnosis, it took him 30 minutes to install and get out our front door. When we questioned her about this price she said it’s a fixed price so it doesn’t matter how long it takes. I understand that but they misrepresented the labor charge to Us and handled themselves poorly when we questioned it. It comes across as sketchy and ultimately Denise didn’t care if we were happy or not. I hate when small businesses aren’t run well.

Description of Work
Fridge was leaking

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

02/25/2020

Lucious S.

Everything went well. The technician was knowledgeable about the model of dishwasher I own. He also gave me some maintenance tips to perform so as to keep the dishwasher running without needing service for a while.

Description of Work
Dishwasher tune-up

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

01/16/2020

Michael G.

Took only 10 minutes to replace it.

Description of Work
Replaced Fridge circuit board

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

01/02/2020

Derek S.

Solid service - they called minutes after submitting a request here, and sent someone to the house that same day - New Years Eve day, actually. They took the model number ahead of time in case the tech thought it worthwhile to grab a part before coming to the house. They charge $79 to diagnose, but applied it to our final cost. The nice thing was the tech gave me two options, including one that saved us over $100 on a stove that we're planning to replace eventually - which he probably didn't need to do. Overall, felt like an honest - and efficient - experience.

Description of Work
Stove repair

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

12/26/2019

KELLY I.

AWESOME!!!! The repairman was here promptly. Gave me an estimated price (very reasonable) and that's what I was charged. He quickly found the glass part locally, picked it up from the other side of town, and had the door fixed in under an hour. WOW. I now know who to call if anything goes wrong with our appliances. Thank you so much!!!!!

Description of Work
Broken Inside Glass on our Oven Door

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

09/17/2019

Patricia B.

Excellent! This company gets many (a very many) A+ excellent ratings for a reason. They are A+, top notch, and excellent. From the quick response time on my query, to the prompt and efficient communications on the day of service, to Jason’s (the professional that serviced my call), knowledge, humor and patience and HONESTY. This company deserves every single cudo and positive review that is posted. They EARN them. With quality professional work and honesty. Turned out that my problem “could” be fixed but...... long term that wasn’t the right approach. Jason was so patient and honest with me in explaining my options. He could have gone ahead and put a bandage on the problem and made a whole lot more money in the process however, he chose the “high road” which I believe is probably standard procedure for L&G, and told me to “use it till it croaks, could be a week, could be a year, and to have my research done on a new model so I’d be prepared when the inevitable happened”. Denise and Jason have earned my loyalty for a lifetime and I’ve got a lot more appliances that will probably need service at some point!

Description of Work
Washing machine check for leak and loud grinding noise.

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

06/04/2019

Troy C.

It went very good. From the fast phone call to the fast and efficient service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Fixed my dryer.

Category small appliance repair

04/07/2019

Julian B.

It was repaired right away the next day. Tech gave me 20 min heads up and showed up on time. It's working fine now. The only complaint is that the tech did not tell me how much it will cost before he did the work. He just replaced the parts before asking me if I want to go ahead with the work. He did not even give me an estimate first. He just did it and then said, "Ok it will be $250 please". I was shocked. Then he said if I don't want to do it, he can just yank the parts out and I pay him the $79 trip charge. I was short on time so I just paid it. Then he said that he was just a worker and he just charges what he is told. But his mom owns the business and so when I put him on the spot, he started digging himself out by saying he owns his own business on the side as well, etc. etc. Why even bother saying "I am just a worker" in this case is perplexing at best. Granted he might be working for his mom, but still.

Description of Work
Fridge water dispenser repair

Work Completed On 04/06/2019