Red Carpet Moving and Storage Inc.

Founded 2012 • With Angi since March 2013

1255 Treat Blvd. Ste 300

Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Red Carpet Moving And Storage, Inc. “Make your next move with Red Carpet experience”. Headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA & Los Angeles, CA family owned and operated with over 10 Years of experienced, dedicated team from operations to drivers to handle all household goods and commercial relocations making us an exceptionally qualified to help you get through your next move....

10/07/2020

Art K.

Sal, Oscar, Jesus, Enrico are the absolute best! We moved two weeks ago in September from Los Gatos area to Walnut Creek. We did not get confirmation on our closing dates until the last minute and the coordination between moving out and moving in was touch and go right to the last minute. No problem for the team at all. They showed up exactly on time as promised with an extremely skilled team that handled every detail flawlessly. We dropped off some items to another location, no problem. We had to wait for confirmation on move in the same afternoon, no problem. They stayed to unload and get us set up in our new home until 8pm in the evening on a Friday night, no problem. Our furniture was padded and wrapped and moved in quickly. Beds were disassembled, wrapped, moved and reassembled flawlessly. Even racks for our storage area were moved without being disassembled and boxes put in their proper place within a few short hours. Our whole family was impressed by their professionalism and their help at every turn. We recommend Red Carpet with 10 stars! We could not have done it without them. Thanks!

Description of Work
Los Gatos Area / Walnut Creek move

09/01/2020

Anne H.

Oscar's crew of three was GREAT! We certainly presented them with a few challenges including an Olympic Weight set but they did it all with a big smile and within the 3 hour time frame I was hoping for! It was HOT that day too so these guys worked hard! I love that we were able to support a local business and were completely happy with the job they did.

Description of Work
Part of the family moved to a new place. So some furniture was moved and some remained.

05/13/2020

Rhonda H.

three separate moves

Description of Work
My moving experience what is the minimum of stress. The workers were friendly, receptive and did cleanup as they were working. I had two separate crews and they were a great bunch. The rates were extremely reasonable, and they worked during the shelter-in-place COVID-19 disruption, They wore masks and did their best to ensure our safety.

01/13/2020

Bridget E.

Sal is amazing great customer service he moved me during the holidays which is very stressful. He made the experience very easy and affordable! I am forever grateful! His moving team is punctual and extremely professional moved everything without a scratch! I would highly recommend Red Carpet Moving. 😍

Description of Work
Move my apartment furniture to my new home.

06/20/2016

Daniel C.

I used the Angie's List Contact the Provider message box to send a message with questions to Red Carpet Moving on June 15, 2016. It is now 5 days later and I have not received the courtesy of any reply. Either they aren't interested in my small move or they don't get this whole Angie's List / Internet thing. Either way I need a mover who knows how to communicate with customers.

Description of Work
Nothing, except delay my search for another mover.

05/04/2016

Lesley G.

04/22/2016

Aaron H.

Description of Work
Packed and moved a 2bed/2bath apartment (1100 sq ft). The team I worked with was great. They carefully packed everything and wrapped all furniture with moving blankets. They were very courteous and worked hard to complete the long days work (9 hrs total)

02/04/2016

Molly C.

12/15/2015

Kevin T.

12/03/2015

deborah W.

Description of Work
well

11/18/2015

Ada B.

Description of Work
They were punctual and polite. They couldn't move some electronics because it wasn't boxed. It would have been helpful to have them communicate that beforehand so that I could have boxed it and have them move it. They ended up leaving it and I had to bring it myself. kind of disappointing

10/29/2015

bena T.

Description of Work
It started out badly because when the first mover got off his truck the first thing he said to me was there was going to be a double drive time charge! I had spoken at length to my rep, Sal, and he had never mentioned any driving fee, let alone a double fee. In the end, they waived the fee, but not until after I had hyperventilated and given them a piece of my mind. If there are any other fees associated with hiring a service, other than what is advertised, it should be clearly listed on the Angie's advertisement as well as in their own. The guys were great though, very fast, very friendly and hardworking.

10/21/2015

James M L.

Description of Work
The 4 guys were on time and had everything ready to go. My only issue was they seemed to spend an unusual amount of time wrapping everything in bubblewrap. Did my 8 dining room chairs need to be individually wrapped in bubblewrap which took over 30 minutes? It seemed a big waste of time and wrap and the job the I thought would be easy seem to drag out so cost more than expected. We had everything all boxed up so there was no delays there.

10/12/2015

Doug D.

Everything went smoothly. Arrival on both ends was timely, packing was problem free, except I would recommend more time and communication be spent on labelling boxes . . . we had to open lots of cases to find out what was inside. Red Carpet was kind enough to postpone delivery from Saturday to Sunday for a $300 fee. Very few items were damaged in transport, at least so far; after a week we still have 20 boxes to sort through. The move-in job included complicated Sleep-Number King/double-twin hinged bed set-up, which was done perfectly. The crew also took the time to stage some furniture in multiple locations in order to satisfy us. Packing took two days, including the two box-trucks they used for transport; unpacking about 6 hours, all as forecast by Red Carpet. We'd use these guys again, and really appreciate the professional attention from Dan in Sales/Customer Support.

Description of Work
Moved our entire household from Livermore, CA to San Diego, CA. Included packing on the outbound leg, but just drop off and furniture placement on the arrival. We hired separate labor to unpack everything, install TV's and mount difficult artwork.

08/21/2015

john B.

Very professional and hardworking crew. They scraped a few walls but no major damage.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and boxes from 4th floor (walk-up) apartment unit in San Francisco to house in Marin.

06/24/2015

John M.

We just moved from San Mateo to San Ramon. Because of a gap between the closings of the two houses, we had to place much of our furniture in a storage locker. We loaded the locker ourselves, but when it came time to move our stuff across the bay, we decided to hire movers to do it for us. Our first step was to work with Dan to schedule the move. He was able to get us scheduled at short notice due to a cancellation. He helped me go over the contents of the locker and estimate the size of the job. He was up front with the rate and how much time it would take. He also made sure to indicate any potential charges for packing items, etc. The night before the move, Red Carpet's dispatcher called. Once again the parameters of the job were confirmed and all charges were discussed. The morning of the move, the driver called to give me a heads up when they were about 30 minutes away. This ensured I wasn't wasting time waiting around the storage locker facility for them to arrive. Once they got to the facility, it took them a little bit of time to get to the actual locker. But that's not their fault - the facility management has placed parking spots for vans/RVs/etc. such that it is very difficult to get a 26' truck through the facility. But the driver was a pro - he found a path to the locker! The crew got right to work on loading the truck. The furniture was wrapped and organized and the boxes were stacked. The loading took less time than I expected - a little over an hour. In the end, there were a few things left behind - a box of loose bottles of alcohol that can't be moved by regulations and a mirror that I didn't want to pay extra to have securely packed. In all, the 25' storage locker was emptied except for a car's trunk worth of miscellaneous items. They even moved our metal shelves - they wrapped them in plastic with the contents still on them and loaded them right onto the truck. After loading the truck, they headed across the bay to the new house. They made excellent time getting to San Ramon - they even beat me there! (Although I had to make a stop along the way). Once there, they unloaded the truck at the same speed them loaded it - fast! All the furniture was unloaded, unwrapped, and placed in the desired rooms. They even set up our queen bed, even though it had been disassembled in the locker. Once they were done, they picked up all the packing materials and cleaned everything up. You would hardly know they had been there if you hadn't seen the house without the furniture. I would absolutely use Red Carpet Moving and Storage again for any moving needs.

Description of Work
Moved the contents of a storage locker in Belmont to our new house in San Ramon

03/07/2015

Shelly V.

Red Carpet Moving was prompt and professional. Three strapping young men arrived exactly on time and quickly went to work - they were very careful with our belongings and extremely courteous. We've moved six times over the last 12 years, and this was by far the best service we've every used. When it comes to moving services, you get what you pay for - if you hire cheap labor, you get dinged furniture or worse. Go with professionals like Red Carpet, and you won't regret it!

Description of Work
Moved heavy furniture and heavy potted plants from one location to another.

03/05/2015

Connie L.

Went great. Everything arrived in excellent condition. They placed all items as requested

Description of Work
On time, very professional. Was very happy with their work.

02/24/2015

Amy H.

I wish I could give a better review of this experience. I chose Red Carpet because of their reviews and perceived professionalism but that's not what I got. It started with the setup process. I had to call back several times to arrange and confirm my appointment. On the day of the move, the crew showed up on time , which we greatly appreciated and got off to a good start. The whole thing took much longer than we expected but that could very well be because we underestimated how much stuff we actually had. My complaints are with who I believe was the foreman of the crew - the other members of the crew were great. He in particular, seemed to rush and take very little care with our furniture and with the house itself. One of the reasons I chose Red Carpet is that they say they place carpets/pads down on the wood floors to prevent scratching the floor with dollys and carts. During pickup they didn't do it until I mentioned it and the foreman seemed annoyed that I wanted him to do this. Upon arrival at the new house, again he seemed rushed and as a result, did a sloppy job with the mats/carpets resulting in scratches all over the newly refinished wood floor. He also gouged a wall while attempting to move a sofa, that if he'd just taken the feet off of, would have been no problem. My biggest complaint though has to be his treatment of my bedroom furniture. We invested a lot of money in purchasing a beautifully made walnut bedroom set. The side tables and dresser appear to be floating on their base. One of the side tables now has a large dent in it that was not there before we moved. When he was moving the dresser into place, instead of picking it up to shift it, he tried to drag it across the carpet and in the process, tweaked one of the legs, pulling it out of place. The wood split (I we all hear it) and is now loose. When I got upset about this, he said, just drill another screw in, it will be fine. Admittedly I don't really know about furniture construction and that may very well be the right answer, but I did not appreciate being poo-pooed as if it's not big deal. We invested in this furniture with the expectation that we'd have it for decades and he treated it like it was some cheap piece of particle board. He did not want to write up an incident about this or report it to his boss. By this point in the day, we were 8 hours in and we just wanted to get them out of our house so we could be done. If it wasn't for the other members of the crew who were professional, hard working and pleasant, I would give much lower ratings overall. I will never use this company again and hope others don't have the same experience.

Description of Work
We hired Red Carpet Movers to move our 2-BR house from South San Francisco to Redwood City - we did all of our own packing.

01/26/2015

Jack V.

It went well; they knew what they were doing, didn't give us any hassles.

Description of Work
move belongings/furniture from Walnut Creek, CA, 1 bedroom apt. to Concord, CA, 1 bedroom apt.

01/13/2015

Lisa N.

I used Red Carpet Moving and Storage in my professional role as the Director of Disability Services at a public college, facilitating moving a student from one apartment to another in our campus's residential apartment building, in order to allow a student who uses a wheelchair to move into an accessible unit. We didn't have a lot of time to get this move done and I had already contacted a number of movers who were unable to help, but Dan at Red Carpet was very responsive and was able to make it work. The cost was based on two movers, minimum 3 hours, but they did not charge a travel fee. The workers were quick and professional, and everything went off without a hitch. When I later had a billing question, Sal was likewise responsive and extremely helpful. All in all it was a very positive experience!

Description of Work
Small move from one apartment to another

08/25/2014

Robert P.

The crew arrived on time and were very friendly and professional. As advertised, they carefully wrapped all our furniture and moved it all onto their 27 foot truck without any incidents or damage. They worked effieciently to load the truck and completed the loading task in a few hours. They then drove to our new home and reversed the process. Everthing arrived in good shape and nothing was lost in the process. We had also contracted with them to return to our old home on a second day a week after the main move to take away a few large items we no longer wanted. That process also worked flawlessly and they were in and out in less than one hour. The estimator/scheduler I worked with, Dan, came out to our old home several weeks before our planned move date. Of the five or six companies we had originally contacted to request quotes for moving services, only Red Carpet and one other company actually sent a person out to estimate the job in person. Dan walked with me throughout our home and he entered data into custom software he had an a tablet that allowed him to get a good reading on how long it would take, how many movers he would need to send and whether one or multiple trucks would be required. Dan followed up with me more than once to be sure I had all my questions answered. After we chose to go with Red Carpet, we then set a firm schedule and Red Carpet's scheduling people called a day before to confirm. The drivers then called while en router to let us know they would be arriving soon. All in all, the moving experience worked perfectly and we were very happy with the result. I would use Red Carpet again and would highly recommend them to anyone in the SF Bay Area in need of moving services.

Description of Work
Red Carpet moved all of our home belongs some 50 miles to a new home we recently purchased. They also returned a week later to take away a number of items we wanted hauled away.

08/03/2014

Bernadette F.

TJ and his team arrived on time and got right to work. We got 4 men and a 1 truck. They disassembled our beds and reassembled them at the new place. They wrapped all the big items and rolled out the red carpet when they got to the second location. They were fast and organized. We definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Move our furniture and belongings 2 miles to our new home.

05/24/2014

Ted B.

From start to finish these guys were awesome! 5 star service. Dan was my estimator and he was very professional, knowledgeable and polite. He showed up on time and got the quote back to me the next day as promised. He took the time to explain all the services being provided, which I liked. I never felt pressured or rushed. I had 2 other quotes but I went with Red Carpet Moving as they guaranteed next day delivery included in the fixed price. Other companies could not give me a delivery date which did not work for me. When the movers arrived, they called me to give me a head's up that they were on their way. The dispatcher, Jay, called me the day before to go over all the details which wad very reassuring. The movers were courteous and worked hard to get all my items packed. They were very careful when handling all my valuables and all my pictures and did a great job packing my flat screen TV. Sure enough my delivery arrived the next day and there were no damages and they did not try to charge me any extra money. They give you a fixed price so you know exactly what you are being charged. I have moved all over the country for my work and I would rank these guys as some of the best around and would definitely use them again. Great job guys, thank you.

Description of Work
Moved my 3 bedroom home from Alameda to Los Angeles

05/10/2014

David C.

We Chose Red Carpet Moving and Storage in Walnut Creek because of their great reviews online. We had 2 other quotes from other moving companies but felt more comfortable with Red Carpet Moving our estimator Sal came out to our home in advance to look at our furniture and provide a very competitive quote. From Start to finish their customer service was 5 stars always available to be reached. Shane the Forman and his team Ismael. Christian, Anthony moved our furniture from San Francisco to Walnut Creek they worked extremely hard the entire time while making sure all of our furniture and fragile items were protected . I would definitely recommend and use Red Carpet Moving again! Thank you guys again for the hard work.

Description of Work
Provided 2 day move Full Service Packed entire home Day One and loaded/unloaded Day 2