Weinstein Construction Corp

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2006

4.3

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Weinstein Construction is an "essential" California business and as such, remains fully open and safe by following strict rules that protect both our workers and our clients from exposure to Covid19. Please continue to read on by clicking on the "Read More" link below: Our representatives and work crews typically work under or outside a building and have been well-trained to maintain "social distancing" by telephoning, texting, or emailing to discuss any aspect of the work we do. We have also implemented a strict and comprehensive program that includes multiple health and safety guidelines, including: (i) Contactless contract signing; (ii) Social distancing and wearing of gloves and masks; (iii) Hourly cleaning of all "high-touch" surfaces; (iv) Frequent and thorough handwashing.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Weinstein Construction Corporation is a four-generation, family-owned Los-Angeles business that has operated for 45 years under the same name. During this time, we have provided more than 65,000 free, no-obligation home inspections to residential and commercial property owners in the Greater Los Angeles region. To date, we have worked, with our own work crews, on over 7,000 residential, multi-family, and commercial projects! In providing construction services, we use the latest technology and tools to execute unique and complex projects that other construction companies cannot tackle, and we pride ourselves on our providing our clients with exceptional and personal customer service! License # 630439 Class B. In business since 1977. Call now for FREE inspection & estimate! (877) 690-0926. Additional phone number: (800) 862-6582....

Evr Gard

Brent Silver Construction

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting, Flooring and Ceramic Tile services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Alpha Structural, Inc.

Alpha Structural, Inc. has over 400 years of combined technical experience in Foundation and Hillside Repair. All of our experience is hard-core and down-in-the-trenches – not managed from behind a computer. Our in-house engineers and technicians are among the most experienced in all of Southern California. Alpha Structural, Inc. is the ONLY company in the Los Angeles area licensed to ENGINEER and BUILD any type of repair project. That means that you'll work with us through the whole project, not unknown sub-contractors that you didn't hire and cannot control or predict. Alpha Structural, Inc. a licensed, bonded and insured contractor (license # 663409). We are licensed with the following classifications: A (General Engineering Contractor). B (General Building Contractor). C-8 (Concrete). HIC (Home Improvement Contractor). CALL US NOW FOR AN INSPECTION OR ESTIMATE! (323)258-5482.

04/09/2021

Weinstein construction came to do retrofitting at our apartment complex. Was supposed to be completed in November, but it wasn’t done till March. They guys kept leaving nails and the metal nail-like things used to weld all over the garage floor. They turned off my water without letting anyone know, so I had to have the landlord’s plumber come out when it hadn’t been turned back on after several days, and he found out what happened. Took the metal strap holding a one pipe off one area, causing the pipe to sag and break open, and crash down. Left trash like food and drink containers (and a roll of toilet paper) on the garage floor for several days. Pulled down cables for internet but did not tack one of the up (it was low enough to choke someone) and I called several times asking them to tack it up. Also called several times asking them to put the lightbulbs back in so the garage has sufficient lighting where there were steps. Neither were done.

Description of Work
Seismic retrofitting

Category contractors,earthquake retrofitting

Thank you for leaving a review for my company. I have to admit I am a bit surprised at your review. I've asked our managers to search our client database for your name, and we were unable to find you as a customer of Weinstein Construction (and our files date back 45 years!). Are you quite sure you left a review for the right company? The issues you raised certainly do not sound like the actions of Weinstein Construction crews. Ours is a four-generation, family-owned Los-Angeles business that has operated for 45 years under the same name. During this time, we have worked, with our own work crews, on over 7,000 residential, multi-family, and commercial projects. We use the latest technology and tools, and we pride ourselves on providing our clients with exceptional and personal customer service. I'd love to chat with you on the phone regarding what you claim to be your experience with my company. Please contact me directly to discuss. Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

12/13/2019

Very pleased with everything from the inspection to the finished work. Also very helpful in providing photos of the work under the house, as well as certifications for my insurance.

Description of Work
EQ Retrofiitng - Foundation Bolting

Category earthquake retrofitting

Thanks so very much for leaving a Five Star review for the work that Weinstein Construction did on your property! Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

07/23/2015

He was like a car salesman - put pressure on me to make a deal that day - talked and talked about how great his service was- spent the entire time trying to get me to make a deal with him. So unprofessional. (approximate cost of service $18,000.00)

Description of Work
Came for an estimate - I thought he would never leave!

Category earthquake retrofitting

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience in chatting with Weinstein Construction about our services. When we go out and speak with property owners, naturally we try to highlight how great our services are, and we try to get your business. If we appear "over eager" it's likely because we're excited at the prospect of working for you! If you'd like to give us a second chance, please call me directly to discuss - we can try to sound less excited, if that's what it takes! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

05/12/2015

The retrofit went well and exactly as planned. They were done within a day.

Description of Work
Retrofit

Category earthquake retrofitting

Thanks you for taking the time to leave a Five Star review for the work that Weinstein Construction did on your property! I was pleased to read that we were done quickly, and as promised! Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

09/24/2014

Mr. Weinstein, his salesman Ed and the crew were AMAZING. Mr. Weinstein was there from start to finish, he pulled the necessary permits, his crew were so concerned about my feelings. They were clean, quick and truly WONDERFUL. I highly recommend them. Mr. Weinstein met the city inspector, he signed off on the retrofitting right then and there, it was a painless experience. I can't recommend them highly enough and I thought their pricing was perfectly fair.

Description of Work
Retrofitted our home

Category earthquake retrofitting

Thank you so very much for your fantastic Five Star review! I was very pleased to read that you thought that Weinstein Construction's employees were clean, quick, and wonderful! And thank you also for recognizing my personal attention to your project! As always, please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

04/04/2014

They were punctual and quick to respond which was just about the only good thing I have to say. After a and quot;thoroughand quot; inspection their suggestion was to basically retrofit our entire foundation and replace all bolts that hold frame to foundation. Instead of trying to address the root issue which is drainage problems around the house that is causing settling they were quick to prescribe a full retrofit of the house for 18K. I can't help but feel they were trying to take advantage of our major concerns regarding the cracks in drywall. It's that or they just don't have the proper expertise. We had another wonderful foundation company come out for a second opinon, Foundation Works. Their inspector was incredibly thorough and suggested many ways for us to improve the drainage around our property to try avoid or limit the constant settling. They did find some posts that need to be lifted/adjusted, and one that needed replacement as well as a couple significant cracks in the foundation that should be repaired. This in addition to a few other minor repairs added up to a proposal of 3.7K - a far cry from the work recommended by Weinstein. Our has has been retrofitted in the recent past but Weinstein said it was a poor job and is doing no good at all. Foundation works told us that the retrofitting currently done on the house is up to par and didn't try to up-sell us on unnecessary work. I would absolutely not recommend this company. We may get a 3rd opinion but after Matt from Foundation Works explained the root cause and remedies (including a lot of work they won't perform and we can do ourselves) it makes perfect sense. It'e very concerning that Weinstein recommended 18K worth of work that likely would not have solved our problem. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
We have expansive soil and have recently noticed cracks in drywall throughout our house. Weinstein sent an "inspector" out and he inspected the property for a good hour and a half. Luckily he noticed a pool of water under the house which turned out to be a broken water pipe from one of our bathrooms. We had a plumbing company fix the issue.

Category earthquake retrofitting

Thank you for your review! As you can well imagine, sometimes different service providers have different ideas about the work that needs to get done to a house. If after inspection, we recommend quite a bit of work to be done, it's because we 100% believe it should be done to protect the huge investment that is your home. And, on occasion, some service providers low-ball a job by recommending fewer fixes that cost less money, but that's not how we work - we propose what we truly believe needs to get done. I was sorry to hear we did not win your business this time around, but I was really pleased to hear that our inspector's 90-minute free inspection of your home had found a broken water pipe under your house, which you then had a plumbing company come in and fix! As always, please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

01/12/2014

Weinstein removed a considerable amount of dirt from an under-house crawl space and lined it with a clean liner.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you so very much for your Five Star review! And thank you for your business! As always, please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

07/22/2013

The Weinstein Construction representative who came out was very professional and knowledgeable. He physically went under the house and found all in generally good repair and condition. He did not push for or recommend expensive unneeded repairs to pipes, electrical or insulation. He did discuss that earthquake retrofitting would be a good idea, as 1950's era foundation bolting deteriorates and is considered inadequate by today's standards. He recommended I research retrofitting, and provided a written quote by email within 24 hours.

Description of Work
My house is about 60 years old and has a ventilated crawl space with broken screens. I requested a quote to check my crawl space and determining what was needed to put it into good condition (cleaning, screen repair, insulation, etc.).

Category earthquake retrofitting

Thank you so very much for your Five Star review! I was very pleased to read that Weinstein Construction was able to quickly provide you with the written quote you requested! As always, please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

04/02/2013

Pretty prompt service and really responsive field techs, but took more than two weeks to complete the estimate since the boss was apparently out of town and they supposedly wanted his input on the proposed solution. After several follow-up emails/ phone calls, a more seasoned person opined on the solution and we were set with a plan of approach. Unfortunately, upon review of the contract, the following was indicated, and quot;This company has no employees and is exempt from workers' compensation requirements.and quot; Then the salesman (who was a nice enough guy) had an expired license (but since, I can see renewed). But, the clause in their contract that we absolutely could not come to agreement on read, and quot;By performing the Scope of Work, WCC is not responsible for any damages ocurring directly or indirectly due to the said work being performed.and quot; I suspect they have done many jobs without incident, and I suspect if it really came down to a legal issue, this clause might not hold up, but there's just something wrong (in my view) with a company that is not willing to stand behind their work, especially when it comes to structure and/or foundation work on a home. I even proposed to change the language to say and quot;onlyand quot; responsible for and quot;directand quot; damage....no further response from WCC. Pretty disappointing for a company with decent AL ratings.

Description of Work
Had an initial inspection for crawlspace moisture performed on a house while in escrow, so while the company offers free estimates, there was a charge at the time, which was later to be discounted. After completion of the purchase, we called them back out to review the scope of work after another company uncovered a more severe problem than initially pointed out.

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe,foundation repair

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and sorry to hear we did not win your business time time around. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

03/05/2013

Showed up on time, very friendly to talk to, spent about 20-30m discussing and inspecting and measuring, showed binder of the work they have done. Followed up with quote quickly which was competitive with other bids.

Description of Work
While they didn't do the work we needed, they came out and gave an estimate. Very friendly and knowledgeable, and the bid they gave was competitive.

Category concrete repair,home inspection,foundation repair

Thanks so very much for leaving a Five Star review for the work that Weinstein Construction did on your property! I was pleased to read our job bid was competitive with other construction firms! Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Kind regards, Itzcik Weinstein President, Weinstein Construction

Earthquake and "Soft Story" retrofitting. House bolting. Cripple wall bracing. Foundation bolting, inspection, repair & replacement. Home inspections. Floor Leveling. Crawl space repair. Crawl space encapsulation systems. Foundation & basement waterproofing. Drainage systems. Retaining walls. Caissons. Gabion walls and Systems. Erosion control systems.

Plumbing. Electrical. Painting. Pools. Patios.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check