Heartwood Industries

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

7943 Haskell Ave Ste 11

Van Nuys, CA 91406

CUSTOM CABINETRY INCLUDING KITCHENS AND BATHROOMS AND HOME OFFICES. We can do it all for you because we offer full contracting services including design, electrical, painting, plumbing & flooring. We specialize in kitchens, bathrooms and bookcase/entertainment cabinetry. Many of our customers are celebrities and designers. We are now offering the same service, quality, and design to everyone who are looking for the finest. We use only the highest quality furniture and cabinetry materials. Heartwood offers superior craftsmanship, problem solving, finishing, and customer service. Please check the photos on our website: www.heartwoodindustries.com....

cabinet makers (40)home remodeling (22)woodworking (18)furniture refinishing (5)cabinet refacing (1)

02/17/2021

Excellent - 1/2 of the job is done - will call when ready for the second 1/2 to be completed. Rory and her workers are great!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hanging cabinet doors & replacing hardware

CATEGORY woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2021

08/06/2020

We wanted to create a new kitchen cabinet for the refrigerator that would also house a pull-out pantry. Rory at Heartwood was prompt to respond to inquiries and after some initial discussion, was able to provide a sketch of the project. I was impressed with her attention to detail, including ancillary issues unrelated to the cabinet itself (making sure we knew to get water and plumbing moved for t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pull out kitchen pantry

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2020

Photo for Heartwood Industries - 7943 Haskell Ave, Van Nuys, CA - 38778305

01/23/2020

Splendidly! I could not have asked for a better outcome. The bookcase exceeded my expectations and is now the focal point of my small condo—Rory was wonderful ! Very professional but also an excellent communicator who gave me a rendering of the piece and explained how it would Be built. She always came at the promised time and called if a few minutes behind schedule— I truly appreciated this consi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built in floor to ceiling bookcase

CATEGORY custom cabinets,custom furniture

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2019

Photo for Heartwood Industries - 7943 Haskell Ave, Van Nuys, CA - 38347286

07/20/2019

Rory is absolutely amazing. She is kind, detail oriented, professional, helpful, and knows exactly what she’s talking about. Her crew was kind and professional as well. From top to bottom it was such a pleasant experience and I could not be happier with my bookshelf.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We bought a house last year and wanted a custom made bookshelf built for an empty wall in a room with no light.

CATEGORY custom furniture

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2019

07/19/2019

We love the result - it's exactly what we wanted. Rory took the time to do it exactly right down to every detail. It took a while from beginning to end - but I think it's because they are so busy with projects. So get your orders in now, I think it was worth the wait. Very professional, nice, approachable lady who I always felt comfortable talking with (usually not the case with these projects).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Whole Wall Cabinet System

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2019

04/29/2019

Rory Firestein and Heartwood Industries did an outstanding job on this project. Rory helped us to develop a design that worked well for our space and she listened to our needs and wishes. We are very satisfied with the final product. The cabinets are of terrific quality and look beautiful! Rory also helped with coordinating installation of a new countertop and other work in the kitchen remodel. Th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Custom kitchen cabinets

CATEGORY custom cabinets,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/24/2019

09/28/2018

Rory and team were delightful. We had a compatible and clear idea of the work to be done, the materials to be used, proposed functionality and overall look of the finished product. The closet and drawers look as though they have always been part of the room/house. The team was on time for appointments and listened to the full list of wants. Any questions or differing options that arose were review...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built-in closet and drawer system for master bedroom.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2018

Photo for Heartwood Industries - 7943 Haskell Ave, Van Nuys, CA - 37433884

10/27/2017

Perfectly! The unit was built, delivered, and installed as promised. It looks great and fulfills all of the needs. The children love keeping their toys in the lower drawers. The unit makes the room a comfortable spot for watching television!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My daughter and son in law wanted to put a shelf unit in their family room. They needed space for their television, books, and drawers for children's toys. Rory designed a unit to their specifications which completely met all of their needs. They wanted a sleek, modern unit which takes up an entire wall from ceiling to floor. Rory constructed it out of really beautiful wood, stained a dark color. It all came out beautifully and really makes the room.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,custom furniture,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2017

10/27/2017

It went perfectly! We were given time frames and the work was done carefully and on time. We were given adequate time to make decisions as the project went along so we were never stressed about anything. Rory and Neal were always helpful, patient, and caring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had previously used Heartwood Industries for work in my condo and I was so pleased with all aspects of the work that I recommended them to my daughter when she purchased a house. My daughter did a complete renovation of her kitchen. Rory, the designer and owner of Heartwood produced an amazing design. She carefully considered my daughter's needs and diligently helped us decide materials for counter tops, plumbing (sinks, etc), and flooring. No detail was too small. She even helped us select knobs, glass for cabinet doors, and configuration of drawers and shelves. My daughter has twin babies so frequently Rory met workmen at the house when we were too busy with the babies. Neal Williams was the general contractor for the project. Rory and Neal worked together efficiently and were both patient and gracious with us. When a wall was removed, Neal consulted an engineer and carefully planned how to actually make the renovation stronger and safer. We couldn't be happier with the results. The kitchen is not only beautiful but also functional. We couldn't be happier.

CATEGORY woodworking,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2017

10/27/2017

Couldn't have been better. The project completed on time. The results are truly beautiful. My daughter and her husband are very pleased with their amazing master bath.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
After finishing an amazing kitchen renovation, my daughter decided to renovate her master bathroom. The room was taken down to the studs and Rory and Neal again worked their magic on the bath. Rory accompanied us to select everything....plumbing, lighting, knobs. She did all of the design work and helped us stay within our budget. Aspects of the shower/tub design were carefully considered...Rory thought of things we didn't even know to ask about. We used really beautiful tile and Caesarstone on the walls of the large shower. The cabinets are a beautiful dark wood which sets off the lightness of the rest of the room. Convenient pulls, self closing drawers, electrical plugs conveniently located. All carefully designed, planned, executed!

CATEGORY custom cabinets,woodworking,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2017

Custom designed cabinetry including kitchens, bathrooms, home offices, custom furniture including entertainment and TV cabinets, bathroom vanity, beds, breakfronts and bookcases, coffee tables, desks and offices, dining tables, dressers, seating & sideboards.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express