AAA Remodeling & Restoration Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2012

3.4

7105 Gerald Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Satisfied Customers ! THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT !!! We believe in helping our customers creating their vision into a reality. We listen to our customers learning about their vision and ideas along with our contractors expertise, ideas and suggestions brings about the best formula and results. We

05/09/2019

Leslie N.

0 friends 11 reviews Share review Embed review Edit review 1.0 star rating 5/8/2019 This was a horrible experience. The owner is very charming but difficult to work with once job commences. He promises an easy, quick job for a fair price. The job took much longer than it should have because they were working on a bigger job down the street. It also cost me 2500.00 more than quoted. He actually had his worker wait outside the building for an extra hundred dollars for a charge he misquoted me on and then said he'd absorb - a hundred dollars! I paid it just to get them gone. Promises that were made weren't kept or remembered and then I was charged more to get what I wanted. The work was subpar. They actually cut a cabinet in half rather than replace and installed crooked. I had to go over and over to get them to do it right. I've had several remodels done over the years but this one was a nightmare for me and very stressful.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

04/23/2018

Barbara C.

Started well but refused to do the final walk thru or give us copy work of completion and permit passing. Shower door not installed properly, our wood floors' finish was ruined by taping of paper to protect them.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel, outside painting, under house repair

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, pressure washing, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

05/31/2017

Celine P.

We needed to remodel the office kitchen for the company I work for. We met with 4 contractors and just had a good feeling about AAA Remodeling & Restoration after meeting LD and Sean. Out of all the contractors, I really felt like they listened to our needs and wants. Sean even looked through our company website to find out what we do and get a feel for our company culture. I was so impressed! When they were going over the design ideas, they mentioned they don't want it to feel like a home kitchen, but an office kitchen. It took us a few months to get the project started but they were so patient. When we got it started, the project duration was estimated at 3-5 weeks. But right before we started, we were informed that the board of officers were coming to our office at the 4th week of the project. LD, Sean and his team made it happen for us. We were able to use our brand new kitchen the same day the board showed up! It was great because it was also new for everyone else in the office and it was exciting and we had a good energy which was perfect for the board to see the outcome of the budget they approved. I really felt like I could trust them from the beginning and they were not pushy about things if I didn't want to go with a suggestion or when I wanted something changed. They really made the most of the budget we had. I would definitely call LD and his team the next time we have a project.

Description of Work
Office kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

02/24/2017

Aida M.

The work that was done was fine. The balcony was incorrectly and we are not getting extensive leaks through the kitchen.

Description of Work
Demolition and Remodeling of a Balcony

09/08/2016

STEPHEN J.

We had a great experience with AAA Remodeling and Restoration. I interviewed 5 contractors regarding a full remodel of our master bath and updates in our main bath. A lot of the contractors we interviewed talked about all of the things they could NOT or would NOT do for one reason or another. LD showed up with a ton of ideas and was able to explain the pluses and minuses for each one. By the end of our project he was almost completely on budget... with the exception of some items and decisions we made to upgrade. Overall, we had a great experience. His workers showed up on time every day and were very professional. Many of his workers have kids and enjoyed talking about their families. This was nice for us since we have two young daughters and it was really important for us to feel comfortable with the workers in our house. This was our first remodel... so there were definitely some moments of anxiety... but LD and his crew always went to great lengths to make sure we were satisfied. I would definitely recommend AAA Remodeling and hope to work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Full remodel of master bathroom & main bathroom updates and bring up to code.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

08/05/2014

Davalyn T.

Our experience was with Eli. He was highly professional, and outstanding with communication and accuracy of quotes. We paid as we went and work was completed. High quality work, suggested materials, design, and color when needed. Used different crews to complete different trade work. Mostly on time within 30 mins of determined time. Convenient to work with around our schedules. Crew even came on some Saturdays and Sundays as needed to keep the project moving. Truly slow part of the process was waiting for the city to approve the plans - all work was permitted. City workers take parts of the summer off and were not available to approve plans.

Description of Work
Complete gut and rebuild of both bathrooms, including relocation of toilets, showers, sink, etc. Raised the ceiling in entry way. Kitchen remodel including wall removal, and install of load bearing beam. Total job took 7 weeks.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

09/09/2013

Monica T.

We hired LD from AAA Remodeling to do a renovation on a home we had just purchased. We met with three different companies. AAA remodeling was priced very competitively. Their price for our job was much less expensive then one company we met with ,about $10,000 less then another and the third I can't remember. I had originally saw LD with AAA Restoration and Remodeling on a different site(Home Builders) and then saw him also on Angies list. His reviews were really good on Home Builders but not on Angie's List so I was a bit reluctant to hire him for our some what large job. Meeting LD several times it just did not seem like the same guy described on a Angie list review. We went with our gut and hired LD from AAA Restoration and Remodeling. I really enjoyed working with LD. He was ALWAYS upbeat and happy and always tried to save money for us regarding the job. He and his crew showed up ON TIME EVERYDAY and finished our tight timeline on time so we could move in. The entire crew were kind, hardworking and willing to go over and beyond. Our lead guy on our job was Thomas and he was very knowledgeable and had great ideas. The entire crew worked very well together. I am very happy with how the staircase turned out! It made such a difference in the appearance when you walk through the front door. He got these square posts that I wanted for my staircase and the iron was the perfect design and finish color that I wanted. They matched the wood to my existing wood floors and the staircase took a couple days which was incredible since it was a last minute decision to do. I was impressed! We love our master bathroom. It was a huge transformation. We did it in Travertine and the floor in a Versailles pattern. We bought a vanity from Restoration Hardware and they installed it as well as the mirrors. They did a bunch of small things as extras that just made a big difference. Our second bathroom was done in Carrera Marble and a more modern look/feel. We did a soaking tub and white subway tiles up the walls. We would absolutely hire this company again. I felt the need to send in a review because they deserve to be recognized as a professional, honest and hardworking crew that does good work, always came on time with a good work ethic. And remember, they finished on time as promised! Thank you AAA for making our home beautiful!!!! Monica and Joe

Description of Work
We had both the master bathroom remodeled as well as the full upstairs guest bathroom remodeled. We had the entire interior house painted, exterior house power washed and all trim painted. We had a beautiful new rod iron staircase, hand rails and wood posts put in. All new light fixtures installed with special electrical work in three rooms.They prepped a dining room wall for specialty wallpaper.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, remodeling, pressure washing, woodworking, wrought iron, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

06/14/2013

Celeste T.

Interview went fine but he was unable to do the work at the time I needed..

Description of Work
He was unable to perform the remodel at the time I needed.

09/19/2011

Amme L.

The owner, Eldar (LD) Cohen is as big of a pain as they come and the work on our home has been a complete nightmare. He quoted 6 weeks maximum for the job and now we are at 13 weeks and probably headed for court as the work is still not finished. In the beginning things seemed great. But LD started showing his true colors when: (1) We asked him to explain his allowance spending by showing us receipts, and (2) When we made it clear we weren’t going to spend any more money then agreed on in the original contract. We’ve had the absolute worst experience with LD. There was a week when the job sat because he did not get tiles and there were other days when LD did not send workers, because it was not “cost effective for him.” He refuses to provide explanations for allowance spending or a provide a final invoice, instead countering our request with flip remarks like, “ I don’t do drugs or the books.” Two months ago, once it became clear to LD that he could not upsell the contract, he stopped coming to our home to directly supervise the work. The last time that he was here he was yelling at me in front of my four-year-old and chose to leave our house by slamming the door behind him. He stopped returning our phone calls and the only way we communicate with him is through emails, although he evades dealing with our concerns in those as well. His typical reply to our concerns include such nonsensical statements as: “You should be thankful for all the freebies I did for you,” which he absolutely did not do; “Your house is in horrible condition and it’s unlivable,” this started after he realized he could not upsell the contract; and “I’ve done my best to make you happy” when he’s done nothing to address our concerns. For example, when we asked him to fix a wall he’s put in so it’s straight he argued that a straight wall is not in the scope of the contract and that he considers making the wall straight a “freebie.” To keep track of the budget, we asked him for receipts for items covered in the allowance (like the tub, fixtures and the tiles) and he sends us receipts for nails and hammers. He buys brown tiles and says it’s the best he can do to match the beige tiles he has bought previously, forcing us to go look for matching tiles and deliver them ourselves just to get the job going again. He put down 0-3” of insulation in the attic and called it “more than adequate” when it’s supposed to be at least 12” deep. It’s a good thing my husband crawled up there himself with a ruler to check on LD’s work. He has called my husband a “disgusting human being” because we now refuse to pay ahead for work not done and he’s gone so far as to try and extort payment from us by threatening to call the city inspectors and get us “evicted from our home” for “unlivable conditions.” Unprofessional behavior, subpar work, and just a true nightmare to deal with. If you plan on never asking a question and paying whatever he demands, you probably won’t have a problem with LD. Otherwise, I advise you to steer clear of him.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of 2 bathrooms Complete removal and replacement of attic insulation Installation of central water descaler and filter system with associated piping. Installation of 3 solar attic fans Installation of 1 solar light tube Repair central A/C condensation issue Installation of air vents in garage Replacement of bedroom doors

Category electrician, hauling services, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

07/07/2011

Tricia G.

They did a great job! They were really good. They gave me a very reasonable price; more reasonable than most.

Description of Work
I hired AAA General Construction for our remodel. They did our floors, new lighting, painting, cabinets, and partially remodeled my bathroom.

Category electrician, remodeling

08/30/2010

Fernando James O.

He is a good guy. He is all bonded and insured. Everything went pretty good. His guys sometimes wouldn’t show up. So there were gaps and delays. He ended up taking care of it. Other than that it was fine. He came several times and didn’t charge us. He cleaned up well.

Description of Work
AAA General Construction Inc did a room addition for us about seven months ago.

Category remodeling, home builders

Haulin' Junk

Award 2022
    The Demolition Twin

With over 8 years of experience, we specialize in residential tear outs like shed demolition, garage demolition, deck removal, fence removal, and interior projects from bathroom demolition to whole house demolition and everything in-between! We also provide excavating, grading, hauling and dirt removal. Our projects are completed on time, and on budget. We won't leave until our client's are satisfied. Contact us for your FREE estimate.

Best Choice Carpet Care

Best choice carpet care has become a reliable name in carpet cleaning for thousands of homes, cleaning more than 1,000 homes daily in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura and more than 1 billion square feet of carpets every year. Our carpet cleaners use an exclusive hot steam extraction cleaning process to provide deeper and more durable carpet cleaning combined with an ecological solution that is completely natural and safe for your children and pets. This means that you will get a healthier cleaning for you, your family and home

Offers by Best Choice Carpet Care on Angi

California
    CSLB
    08/31/2020
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Remodeling-General, Remodeling-Kitchen & Bathroom, Garage conversion, stucco, concrete, exterior and interior painting, wood/tile flooring, natural stone flooring,

Ask for details.