Following all CDC protocalls

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Sucro Painting Contractors

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2011

4203 Spencer Street

Torrance, CA 90503

We're your locally owned and operated full-service painting company. Home or business, interior or exterior - whatever your painting needs, we're committed to providing the highest quality paint work, best value and most professional painting services in the Beach Cities and the South Bay. We pride
N Redondo 3 unit HOA project
N Redondo 3 unit HOA

house painting

202190278

03/23/2022

Gus M.

They were able to find the right white color to match the entire house. Very careful protecting the track of traffic. Crew is very courteous, sociable and very friendly. They did great. Marcus is very hands-on and provide very detailed proposal. Price is reasonable and itemized. They very specific to details. Very pleasant to deal with both Tim and Marcus. Professional and neat. They did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Following the re-piping of the entire residence. 20 location in the house to be painted. Egg shell finish.

03/11/2022

Joe C.

Outstanding! Marcus came for the initial consultation and prided us with a comprehensive and competitive bid. Laura in the front office is an absolute pleasure to deal with. The painters who performed the work were on time, courteous, and excellent craftsmen. The job turned out amazing and exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
painted our 11,000 square foot home

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

08/25/2021

Donald B.

Perfect! Fast, courteous, and excellent value!

Description of Work
Exterior paint

Category drywall, plastering, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Hi, it's always a pleasure to work for such nice people! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future...

06/29/2021

Bill K.

We are so pleased with the job that Sucro Painting did on the interior of our house. The painters were neat, polite, used earphones for their music, cleaned up each day and made sure that we liked and agreed with the colors they applied, since some of the original colors were no longer available. Even though they were short-handed and the job took a little longer than promised, it was well worth it to have such a positive outcome. Particular thanks go to Jose Bonillo, who did a lot of the painting himself, along with rehanging drapes, woven window shades and moving in furniture from the garage He did this all plus an excellent job of painting. Another shout out goes to Ricardo, the paint foreman, who was exceedingly patient and was able to bring us the exact color we wanted. We heartily recommend Sucro Painting and will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Interior repaint, font of house, including ceilings, walls, accent wall, doors, windows, mouldings

Category interior painters

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our work. Thank you again for your business!

04/16/2021

Susan S.

Fabulous! The painters were here on time, were efficient, professional, and extremely careful in protecting property (covered cars parked on the street). The results were beyond what we were expecting. They also hung new address numbers, mail box, fixed my front door and changed colors for us on upstairs doors and railings. Always so accommodating. Wonderful experience.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

We really enjoyed this project! The new color scheme looks great!

04/07/2021

Patti M.

Marcus and his team are excellent! Marcus’ quote was very reasonable and his team of painters were professional, timely, and did an fantastic paint job. I would highly recommend this company to complete any paint work you, your friends, or family need.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category interior painters

Hi, it's always a pleasure to work for such nice people!

06/21/2019

kristina H.

It went great ! Besides doing a fantastic job at a very fair price. They were so kind and friendly. I wish every business handled themselves with such an honest integrity. What a great team. Loved them.

Description of Work
House painted

Category pressure washing, house painters

06/03/2019

Andrea A.

Fabulous! The staff did a great/outstanding job. Very professional and neat. This is the second time I have used CertaPro. I would not hesitate to use them in the future, and will highly recommend Ian and Misty and the entire crew to anyone who is considering painting their home.

Description of Work
Crown moulding and paint throughout the entire house.

Category woodworking, interior painters

05/03/2019

Shirley W.

Excellent. Painters did a great job. They were very responsive to our needs. Everything is beautiful and fresh.

Description of Work
Painting exterior of two 3 story townhomes.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

07/06/2018

Kimberly C.

The exterior painting went well, but everything fell apart on the interior job. The crew would disappear with the job half done. The account exec would complain about my general contractor, but refused to call me or call my general contractor when any conflicts occurred. The account exec refused to fix areas where a poor job had been done. Days would go by with my phone calls and emails unanswered. The painting crew disappeared again last Tuesday and today (Friday) I just got an invoice for the whole job. This company has serious communication issues. I would not hire them again even if they paid me.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting of new construction

Category house painters, interior painters

I decided that it would be best to address this review to everyone rather than just this specific customer. Although I am very sorry that this customer relationship turned sour near the end, I think it is unfair to hear only one side of the story. We strive to be as responsive as possible and to do high quality work at a fair price. If you take a look at our response rate of 100% and response time of 30 minutes on Yelp I think you'll agree that our record speaks for itself. Our rating of 4.5 should also speak to our performance as well as our rating on Homeadvisor and Angieslist. By the homeowner's own statement you can see that the work was done well but that there were communication issues with sales/management. In this case the homeowner hired subcontractors "around" the GC and we were not even aware that there was a GC or what their name/number/email were until the project was already well along. The exterior was done first and went more smoothly because the exterior was ready to paint and we just painted it as usual. Brand new interiors are more challenging in general and require much more coordination between the various trades (plumber, cabinet installer, trim carpenter, flooring, electrician, etc). We have references from well established GC's in the southbay for whom we paint EVERY job and have for years. Painting HAS to be the last trade on the job as it almost always gets damaged by other trades' tools, dirty hands, etc. It is also very difficult for us to make a fair profit if we have to return to the job many times due to trim not being fully installed, handrails not completed, holes being put into finished drywall, etc. In closing, major renovations and new construction require proper management by the GC and do not work very well if all parties aren't on the same page at the very beginning of the project. Respectfully, Marcus Sucro President/GM

06/25/2018

Michael M.

okay; in out done; but little prep work and lots of missed spots.

Description of Work
house painted

02/19/2016

Ken O.

The painting crew led by Jose did a great job painting our home and we are overall very pleased with the results. The total job took about 10 working days with a few days break in the middle due to some rain. They did a good job prepping and we hope our home stays looking this good for a long time. Only downside was a fair amount of window scrapings that were left behind and a few paint splatters on the brick and concrete, but fairly minor issues, otherwise excellent! The owner Marcus gave a very thorough pre-job walk thru and quote and visited the job along the way to make sure all was going well. He was a little hard to reach before we started the job but not an issue once we started. We also had some facia boards replaced and they did a great job with that as well. We are really enjoying how great our home looks now! Thanks CertaPro of PV!

Description of Work
Prepped and painted two story home exterior cedar shake shingles, windows, doors, all trim, garage door, chimney, top and bottom of deck and all fencing.

Category gutter repair, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for choosing us and we appreciate your review. We look forward to seeing you soon. Sincerely, Jackie.

03/18/2015

Teretha P.

I have been trying to get Marcus to send me the bill- he picked up the check but he has not sent me an invoice for the last job he did. The work was excellent but I need the invoice for my tax people. It took him about three weeks because they ran in to some problems but it was really a good job. I just recommended him to someone and probably will be using him in the spring.

Description of Work
CertaPro Painters of Palos Verdes painted the exterior of my home.

01/10/2015

Tyrone G.

Wonderful job. Provided color coordinator free of charge. Prepped all walls; painted using colors selected by owner (several colors). Painters were very neat and precise. Had one call back because first coat in one bathroom did not adhere properly. They came and took care of the problem which included stripping the walls, re-priming, and re-painting. No problem.

Description of Work
Paint interior house.

12/23/2014

Mark P.

Very well. Jonathan and his crew (Orlando and Pablo) worked very hard and accomplished a lot. The quality was very good and they are really nice men. I highly recommend him. This is my second time using Cetapro painters of Palos Verdes and they I will definitely call them again for my next job.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

11/12/2014

Eriko M.

Jonathan and his crew (Orlando and Pablo) came to paint my exterior trims. I have some really high gables and I was concerned whether they could really manage just with ladders and without scaffolding (which would have increased up the price quite a bit), but they were completely comfortable and competent with it. I wanted them to pay special attention to caulking around the windows, which were crumbling. They were very good about doing all the prep work very thoroughly, beginning with pressure washing the exterior to get rid of loose paint a couple of days before the paint job to give the bare wood some time to dry off. Once they came, they scraped off any excess loose paint before filling various gap. Then they primed and did two top coats. The result looks good. Jonathan is an excellent communicator. He not kept me informed of what they were doing, but was very good answering my question. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

08/24/2014

Kathleen K.

We were particularly pleased with the three levels of attention to the job we received. Not only was the job visited by the owner of the company, but also the estimator/supervisor, Candace, who was a particularly charming young lady, and Juan, who was the lead painter on the job. All three of them were very responsive to our inquiries and concerns. Every evening, the job site was left in a neat and orderly fashion, with all trash picked up and equipment stored properly. The workers also periodically cleaned up paint drippings so that the driveway and patio were free of paint spots. Care was taken not to damage any of our property. Our requests for paint color, type and brand were cheerfully met. The job proceeded smoothly, the workers were punctual and did not leave the job to go to other jobs (often a problem, we know) and we were very pleased with the outcome. The contract was in order and all certificates and licenses were provided without having to request them. We would not hesitate to recommend this franchise of Certapro Painters.

Description of Work
First they power washed the house and let it dry over the weekend. Then they prepped, sanded, patched and primed the exterior where necessary. They trenched and treated ground level stucco for efflorescence We had already trimmed back restrictive foliage around the structure and removed hardware for ease in painting. They then tarped and masked and covered all the windows with a plastic film to prevent overspray from getting all over them. They then double coated the house and trim.

Category pressure washing, house painters

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you and your neighbors again in the future! Thanks again, Marcus

08/20/2014

DEBORAH E.

I could not be happier with the work performed by Marcus and his crew. Marcus, the owner who is a former engineer, not only gave me an extremely fair price and came by every day of the 5-day project to check progress but also educated me about all aspects of the process. The stain on my west-facing, wooden garage door was fading and peeling despite having been refinished 2 1/2 years ago. The great crew - Mike, Marvin and Wilbur - spent a full day sanding the door down to bare wood before applying two coats of Sikkens Cetol 1, an expensive but highly-rated translucent wood finish. The two coats were applied a day apart and followed by Cetol 23, a translucent topcoat. The garage door looks incredible and the color ("teak" - a medium reddish brown) is perfect. In addition to refinishing the garage door, they also water-blasted, sanded and painted all of the peeling iron railings around the large front patio, two balconies and two entry gates. They were able to match the original color perfectly. The large wooden arbor in my back yard had sap seeping from every post and the stain had faded to the point that you could easily scrape it off with a fingernail. They water-blasted and sanded the entire arbor before applying two coats of solid wood stain. I had originally asked them to paint just two of my exterior walls where paint was peeling from the stucco, but as the job progressed, I kept asking them to paint more and more of the walls. They touched up spots on my wooden balconies where duct tape had removed the paint and were able to match the existing color. They were so responsive and took on the additional tasks with friendly professionalism and a great attitude. Mike, Marvin and Wlibur were incredibly nice, professional, polite and fun to be around. They arrived promptly each day, worked extremely hard with just a short lunch break and cleaned up thoroughly each night. They put up with my frequent questions and Mike even helped me clean stains from my concrete walkway with the power washer. At the end of the job, I almost hated to see them go. I highly recommend CertaPro Painters of Palos Verdes and will definitely hire them again when the need arises. There are several CertaPro outfits in Los Angeles so make sure you are dealing with Marcus Sucro. These guys are great!

Description of Work
They refinished/restained my garage door, sanded and repainted all of the iron railings around my three decks and balconies, refinished the arbor covering the back of my house and painted most of my exterior walls.

Category house painters

We really enjoyed working with you and look forward to serving you and your neighbors again in the future! Thanks again, Marcus

04/30/2014

Ben C.

I loved the flexibility in services that Marcus's company provides. By that, I mean I had a 54" bedroom double door with no locks, and wanted a single 36" door with a deadbolt lock. Putting the door after the paint job would have been troublesome. However, Marcus provided the handyman service to put drywall and install and paint a new door in that opening. He fixed up the walls and completed the paintings of the walls.. He also offered the service of installing the baseboards. He gave me a good name for a color consultant, however, my wife and I decided to do the color choice ourselves, as we knew what we wanted. One thing that was particularly important for this task was the fact that CertaPro Painters of Palos Verdes Peninsula is bonded and fully insured. The HOA threated me with a stop work until I provided poof of insurance, which I did immediately because Marcus gave me that information in the bid. There was no issue with the HOA after that. Don't disregard insurance and bonding from your contractor!!! It's for your protection. In summary, I am very very satisfied with the bid, additional work required, the professionalism, and the final outcome, which was done ON TIME!!!. BTW, his price is fairly competitive, and I highly recommend this company for your painting and upgrade project.

Description of Work
1) Removed several popcorn textures from ceilings, and replaced with orange peal texture 2) Painted all walls and ceilings for the 2600 ft2 unit 3) installed about 200 ft of baseboards 4) installed a 36" door and fixed wall on a 54" opening 5) touched up kitchen cabinets and front door

Category interior painters

We are very happy that you had such a great experience and look forward to serving you and your neighbors again in the future! Thanks again, Marcus

04/25/2014

Frank W.

Marcus did a great job in estimating the job using his computer and formulas for what the job would take. He was professional in appearance and attitude pointing out the work to be done to make everything turn out correctly. He made an estimate which he stuck to. It was one of the lowest bids but the professionalism in creating it was extremely impressive as opposed to some of his competitors (also Angie's List recommendations). The staging for prep work and painting was the best I have seen in 30 years of hiring painting contractors. The work was excellent although an hour over the estimated time - it was worth the wait. The cleanup was just as professional. I am preparing my condo for sale and all of the real estate agents that I am considering commented on the excellence of the work and have requested his contact information. I would highly recommend Marcus and his firm to anyone needing this service. One of the best Angie's List contractors that I have ever used. I cannot recommend him too highly.

Description of Work
Repaired and painted the walls and ceiling in kitchen, baths, living room, dining room and bedrooms.

Category interior painters

We are very happy that you had such a great experience and look forward to serving you or your friends again in the future! I did underestimate the time required slightly and apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again, Marcus

01/14/2014

Gregory M.

Marcus and his team (especially Rodney) did a really good job. we have a very old house and nothing is easy but they worked with us through the whole process even through changing our minds a couple of times. never a moment where they were not willing to do what was right for us. they also stained a couple of new customer made wood sliders and 3 windows. if you want personal attention and a focus on doing what you as the customer want you can't go wrong with CertaPro RPV

Description of Work
Complete external paint job along with several interior areas

Category interior painters

Thank you very much for your feedback and patience over the holiday season. It is our standard to keep one crew on a job from start to finish but this job was an exception. We are very happy that your home turned out the way that you had hoped and look forward to helping you or your friends in the future.

09/26/2013

Kellie L.

I had one color on my walls was too dark and they repainted over. It took them most of the day because it was a lighter color. They did a couple coats. They also took off some doors and sanded them down. They did a great job; they were able to come at the last minute. He showed up on time and I hardely knew he was there.

Description of Work
They painted a bedroom in my home.

08/26/2013

Donna P.

We contacted Marcus at CertaPro Painters for a quote to paint the exterior of our home. Marcus was very courteous and professional, and we felt comfortable with him right away. Once we decided to work with Marcus, a start date was set, and everything went very smoothly from there. Marcus' crews were tied up the day the power washing was to be done, so Marcus showed up and did the power wash himself. Juan and the crew showed up to start patching and painting the following Tuesday, right on time. Marcus had estimated that it would take approximately 4.5-5 days to complete the job, but in fact, Juan and his crew were so diligent it took only 3 days to complete everything. They showed up early everyday, they worked without pause except for lunch breaks. They were very courteous, very nice to work with, and extemely accommodating. If we had a question, they took care of it immediately. Their attention to detail was more than we had hoped for, and every night before they left they took the time to clean up and put everything in one central location. They covered and uncovered the plants around the house everyday which was very much appreciated, and all the plants came through unscathed. The last day they were there, they worked until the sun set to get everything done. Also, we did not have a "factory" color picked out. We had a sample of a color that we liked, and Marcus provided samples until we had the color we wanted. We are very happy with the results, and would absolutely work with Marcus, Juan and the CertaPro/Rancho PV crew again.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting

07/22/2013

Marjorie S.

Beautifully, Marcus crew was very professional - helpful - and cleaned up thoroughly each evening. They even watered my plants as I had turned off the sprinklers. I even enjoyed chatting with them from time to time - very intelligent young men!

Description of Work
Power washed house and fencing, patched stucco, prepared wood surfaces and gutters for paint, painted complete exterior of house.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

07/22/2013

Richard K.

Good selection of colors with help of a color consultant. Preparation and painting was very good.

Description of Work
Painting of the exterior of the house

Category house painters, interior painters

We are very happy that you had a great experience. We strive to do our best on every project and look forward to serving you and your neighbors again in the future! Thanks again, Marcus