Fred's CarpetsPlus

Founded 1946 • With Angi since August 2005

2153 Torrance Blvd

Torrance, CA 90501

Family owned & operated. No sub contract labor, 10 crews with company over 20 years. Additional DBAs - Fred's Rug Service, Fred’s Colortile. Award winning....

12/22/2018

Gerald P.

The team Fred’s sent over were efficient, professional, and friendly. They did a wonderful job and the floors look awesome.

Description of Work
Installed laminate flooring and new moldings throughout the home. Removed old carpet and pad.

Category flooring contractor

01/17/2017

Sally P.

looks great. Fred's carpet was very professional

Description of Work
carpet in bedrooms, vinyl tiles in kitchen and laundry room

11/14/2016

Sally P.

A great company to work with. Everyone is very professional. We told them our budget and they provided recommendations that fit.

Description of Work
carpet for three bedrooms and vinyl floor for kitchen and laundry

07/01/2015

Joyce K.

Fred's did a great job! From Rhonda who helped me select my wonderful carpet and did the measurements to Javier and Carlos who did the installation, my experience was characterized by great service and professionalism. Both Rhonda and Javier have been with Fred's for 20-plus years, which says a lot about their dedication to getting the job done well as well as the family-owned company they work for. I highly recommend Fred's and will use Fred's again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 1,300 sf of new carpet in 3-bedroom, 2-story townhome with 2 sets of stairs.

03/13/2014

Barbara M.

The folks were neat, professional, they cleaned up after themselves, and the room was move-in ready when they were done. They were friendly and responsive. I think they worked within a tight timeline.

Description of Work
I went to Fred's Carpets Plus on a Tuesday, picked out my carpet for a guest bedroom, and they were there Friday afternoon and installed the carpet.

01/13/2014

Joseph A.

To our surprise they most willingly and for free took cut pieces and had them bound for use as protective runners or rugs in the entry etc. Wonderful experience and wish we had found them years earlier

Description of Work
The installation team was the most professional we have ever interacted with, and beautifully moved furniture around as we had most of the house carpeted with the exception of entry, study, kitchen, eating area and bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile

01/11/2014

Ray S.

The repersentative came first and took meauremets of my house and when the the job could start. The workmen arrive on time and made sure the measurements were correct and then proceeded to lay down the carpet. They were curtious and in matter of a few hours the work was completed. I very impress and pleased and would highly recomend them to anyone who needed to have their home carpeted. .

Description of Work
A repersentive came out and took measurements then gave me a quote on how much it would cost. The gave me a date on when they would start the job.

11/25/2013

Judy C.

They were great. I liked them. They met my needs with exactly what I said I needed and they fulfilled it. They came in and did a great job. The price was really good. The carpet looked good but I moved shortly thereafter so I don't know if it lasted.

Description of Work
I used Fred's CarpetsPlus for new carpet in my home.

10/02/2013

Tamara F.

I entered the shop on Torrance Blvd and a very nice lady, Rhonda helped me select my new carpet. I had an idea what I wanted. I was having my house painted and while it was all torn apart I decided to get new carpet. I was going to be leaving town in aproximately a week for vacation so I needed to act quickly. Rhonda came and measured my house that morning, figured out the cost, (It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but she did give me options) and scheduled the installation for me in about two hours. Installation day: The day of install, four gentleman showed up to install my carpet. They were right on time at 9am. They worked until noon. I bought then hamburgers from the corner stand. They only took a half an hour lunch and got right back to work. They were there until 6pm. They did not bang up my newly painted walls. I was afraid that would happen and did not. They cleaned up after themselves and vacumed everything. The carpet turned out beautiful. I am very happy.

Description of Work
New carpet, pad and installation in 2600 sq foot home.

09/25/2013

Jim W.

Fred's was very professional and installers did great job. We had prepared very well by removing everything's from cabinets and shelfs per their instructions, including disassembling a couple bed frames. They were on time (early) did not take a lunch or many breaks and finished much sooner than expected. The carpet looks great! They also did some binding on several pieces of carpet including some that they did not install that we picked up after the install that came out great. The only negative about this job was the gal that came out to measure the house was a little over an hour late for the appointment and did not call. I realize people get tied up sometimes. Cell phone! Customers time is just as valuable as theirs.

Description of Work
Had carpet and padding installed in single story house.

09/10/2013

Devin K.

Rhonda, the salesperson, worked hard, replied promptly to questions and was professional in her response. She provided timely estimates. Freds CarpetPlus did the hardwood flooring on a neighbor's property. The neighbor explained that their company was professional and the employees represented Freds Carpetplus in a positive light. The neighbor appreciated their work. We did like the fact that Freds CarpetPlus has their own set of installers as employees and not subcontractors. We were looking for a company that sold the flooring and did the work. Their prices were fair and lower than the competitor we chose, but we elected to go with a different company based on the unique materials available through a different company and different proposals on how to handle the placement of the new floors with respect to the existing floors that were to be replaced. Overall, Freds CarpetPlus is a company that I would strongly consider for future work.

Description of Work
I asked Freds CarpetPlus to perform an estimate for both hardwood flooring and carpets.

Category hardwood floor

08/12/2013

Yeiko F.

The two workers were very professional and always on time. They took short lunches and didn't take any breaks. They were very neat and did a excellent job in installing the flooring. Fred's carpet was always accommodating to any needs or concerns that I had. I later found out that they installed my sisters wood flooring in the kitchen and eating area which the contractor recommended. It was a special designer floor in which they did a beautiful job. The only thing I don't like about the flooring is that it dents and scratches easily. I thought that it was suppose to be pretty tough. My friends and family all have wood flooring that doesn't get dents and scratches. My choice was between real wood flooring or engineered wood flooring. The cost would have been the same. The reason I got the engineered wood is because the sample looked perfect in my house and looks very rich and beautiful. It also is much cleaner when installing. Anyone who gets flooring should get real wood floors. I would recommend and use Fred's Carpet again though it was a bit pricey.

Description of Work
Provider, removed old carpeting and linoleum. Fixed small damaged wood in floor. Installed engineered wood flooring throughout entire house, excluding the bathrooms. Installed baseboard moldings. Cleaned and took away all debris.

08/06/2013

Craig Y.

went really well. The sales man Chris was easy to work with, knowledgeable and respectable to EVERY one....Great individual to know and work with too. explained everything in detail...The workers were prompt, courteous and worked very hard...George and his superior (I cannot recall his name) were nice enuff to remove and install and haul away toilets for us and even moved some furniture. Very pleased with their work and would definitely use Freds Carpet in the future.

Description of Work
linoleum in kitchen and bathroom carpeting in 3 bedrooms hallway, living room and dining room

08/01/2013

Ken H.

It was excellent. The work was done on time and without issues. The wood flooring guy was a craftsman, taking his time and making it right.

Description of Work
We had hard wood floor installed and recarpeted the remainder of the house

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/31/2013

james N.

Compared to other shops, Fred's was more professional and did not talk down to us. They have a ton of samples and are very helpful and patient with customer's who are trying to make the right decision for their home. Their prices were also very reasonable. They showed up on time, did great work, and did not leave a mess.

Description of Work
Installed berber in our sunroom.

05/03/2013

Yeiko F.

We were completely happy with the job that was done. Workers did an excellent job in installing the floors. They were very neat and cleaned up after everything. They always came on time, worked very hard, took short lunches and no breaks. They were always willing to make any changes that you wanted them to do. We would use or recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
They removed old carpets throughout the whole house, repaired old boards, prepped floors, and installed hardwood flooring, baseboards and moldings.

Category hardwood floor

03/23/2013

Bob J.

Reviewed carpet options at store. Fred's provided samples for home inspection. They pick up samples when they came out to measure. Carpet ordered and delivered with two weeks. Installed one week later. Personable and professional. See above.

Description of Work
New carpet for two upstairs bedrooms. Great service, great price on high quality carpet and padding. Moved furniture quickly. No damage or marks. Job took less than 1/2 day vice 3/4 day estimate. Highly Recommended

03/19/2013

Pedro H.

No pressure sales team and large selection. Came out quickly and performed quality work on time.

Description of Work
Installed laminate floors and carpet on stairs & one bedroom. Professional competitve prices and fast quality work.

01/21/2013

Peggy S.

It went great! I can't say enough good things about this company. Yes, their prices are a little more than other companies, but the service and follow-up is well worth the money. The showroom is not only beautiful but well-organized.

Description of Work
After a horrible experience with another company [see Sinbad review], Fred's replaced the defective carpeting with another type and we are very happy with it. The installers were great! They labeled all the furniture and put it back where it belonged. The blinds we selected had a few issues, but Fred's replaced the defective mechanism and now they are working fine. Frank Arriaga, our sales consultant, was very patient ordering carpet color samples and textures until we found one that would work both upstairs [beige] and downstairs [silver sage].

Category carpet installation, window treatments

12/06/2012

Laura K.

Fred's Carpets were very nice to do business with. Carolyn was very professional and efficient. She was very busy, but very nice. The installers were clean and professional as well. the arrived on time and worked hard and demonstrated a high commitment to quality. The only thing, albeit minor, that I was disappointed about was that Carolym didn't call after the installation to ensure that everything went well. I think that would have been the icing on the cake. Other than that, no complaints and I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Carolyn came out and took measurements then provided me with an estimate. She helped me select just the right carpet and allowed me to check out samples. Once I selected the carpet and agreed to the price, the installers were scheduled. They installed carpet on one flight of stairs, a hallway and three bedrooms.

11/08/2012

Shari T.

I have used Fred's in the past for carpeting and was very pleased with the result so I used them again recently for carpeting in our family room and decided to try them for tile work as well this time. Frank, who served us so well before, also helped us with this job. He was courteous helpful and professional as always! We has a rather complex tile pattern in the bathroom as well as some mistakes the builder had made with the walls (this was new construction) and nothing daunted the excellent tile team. They repaired the walls and figured out how to do the complicated work I wanted without blinking an eye. They were prompt, courteous and cleaned up beautifully afterward. The carpeting work was wonderful as usual for them. The tile manager was so precise and meticulous with his work that the glass shower people who put in the frameless surround said this was one of the best tile jobs they'd ever seen and made their job extremely easy (a common problem for them is doing frameless on a lot of tile jobs that were put in and aren't plumb etc., he said) I am going to use them now for my window treatments. Excellent work and VERY reasonably priced!

Description of Work
Carpeting in family room and tile job on new construction bathroom.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile

08/21/2012

Sue C.

Our salesperson Brian was very helpful and informative. He came out to measure and made several good suggestions. We ordered the carpet, and Fred's stored if for us until we were ready to have it installed. The most important part when it comes to buying carpet is the installation itself. I cannot say enough about how skilled and how professional these guys were. The head installer, Geronimo, was a consummate pro with years of experience. We are very pleased with the end result and would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
We had carpeting installed in our living room, stairway, and second floor hallway and bedrooms.

05/17/2012

Pat H.

Job went well, but they started about an hour late and when I asked how long the job would take, I was told a couple of hours. Maybe there was a language misunderstanding, but the job took about 7 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced 40+ year old linoleum in two baths and a kitchen with new linoleum.

01/04/2012

george N.

I got their name from Angie's List. My overall experience was great. I liked it. The person who came in and gave me the estimate was very polite. He was fast. The workers were good and they cleaned up. They were prompt. I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Fred's CarpetsPlus to put in vinyl flooring for me.

Category flooring contractor

08/20/2011

FongHo L.

Went to the store. The store associate was not helpful. It seems that they don't want my business. I needed to get hardwood floors and carpet for the whole house. VERY Unhappy with the customer service. Was in the store for more than 30 minutes and no service. Had to look for a store associate. Prices seem fair and reasonable but not the service. Decide to go somewhere else.

Description of Work
Did not use this company.

Category carpet installation

Dear Member, I was very disappointed in reading your report. We are a family owned company celebrating our 65th year, and greatly value our customers. We attempt to greet and answer questions for everyone that comes in, but occasionally the salespeople are involved helping other customers and don't reach new arrivals quite as quickly as we would like. This does not happen very often, and we try to at least greet each person as they arrive. However with a 16,000 sq ft store, sometimes someone can be in an area where we don't know they are there. If this happened in your case, I am truly sorry. Since we do not advertise, we depend on our new and repeat customers to tell others about our service and products. If you would consider giving us another opportunity, I would be happy to help you personally and answer any questions you may have. Sincerely Jerry Butler President Fred's Carpets Plus