We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Century Shower Door

Founded 1945 • With Angi since April 2005

Corporate Office 20100 Normandie Ave

Torrance, CA 90502

Since 1945, Century Shower Door has been a family owned and operated company with its executive office in Torrance. Our service includes California, Arizona & Nevada. We offer both Frameless & Framed Shower Doors. Our process will get you from measure to the install of your new shower door.

07/01/2021

Don S.

Poor. First time they came to install door and panels, measurements were off. Second time they came back, chip in one of the panels. Third time , chip in door. Fourth time is anyone guess. They offered $150.00 off on the price. I have miss work now four times. I think it’s worth more for my time. Big fat “0” 0”

Description of Work
Install shower door and two panels.

06/16/2021

Susie M.

The installation was horrible. Door will not stay shut and was scratched by the installer. Customer service to repair it is almost non existent. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Bath tub enclosure

06/16/2021

Matthew J.

I called to get an estimate for a frameless shower door. I waited for two hours at the first scheduled appointment. The rep never came. I called them and they could not get a hold of him. I rescheduled and asked for the first appointment in the morning. Again, at the second appointment, the rep never called and never showed up. I opted not to schedule a third appointment.

Description of Work
Frameless Shower Door

Category glass repair, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling

11/11/2020

MICHELLE D.

WARNING: KEEP AWAY These guys were referred to me by Home Depot. I'm very dissatisfied with the product and customer service. I feel like I bought a misrepresented product and I had to keep going out of my way to call them for an appointment for installation. I didn't get what I was expecting and the frame was damaged so they sent the salesperson back to take a look. When the salesperson, Steve Faucett, came for the recall, he banged at my door very loudly and rang the door bell several times. I asked him to take his shoes off and he questioned me back. I took him to the bathroom and told him that I didn't get to see what I was buying. He blatantly said that I lied about him not showing me pictures of the shower door. I said that he didn't show them to me and he continued to yell at me and then said I forgot that he did. I said that I'm telling you what happened. Anyway, I thought I was getting a frameless with a see through glass. His drawing and the one on the website doesn't look like what I got. I got a framed with an obscure glass. I told him that I don't know what obscure means and he aggressively replied yes you do. I said no I don't but if you talk to me about bookkeeping then I'll understand. Furthermore, I said the hardware doesn't match my bathroom. He said that they don't get to choose what hardware comes with the shower door. I said then you should of shown me what it looked like before I bought it. I changed the subject and asked him if someone will come out to fix the scuff marks and scratches on the top frame. He said yes while writing up the work order. I asked him what's the time frame and he said that he doesn't know then changed his answer to 10 business before someone reaches out to me. I don't know what he wrote since he didn't give me a copy. This guy was very rude and mean spirited. He didn't care about my concerns. He cared more about fighting me on every issues and proving that he's in the right. It doesn't make sense to sell a product based on a diagram instead of an actual picture. I feel cheated paying $670 for a framed with an obscure glass. I thought I was paying $670 for a frameless with a clear glass. Regardless of what I signed, it was his job to disclose exactly what he was selling me. He didn't order what I wanted and lied by not explaining what he was ordering for me.

Description of Work
Shower doors installation

Category doors

[Member Name Removed]: While we are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your purchase, it’s apparent that you are doing everything you can to damage our credibility by posting this same review everywhere and anywhere possible. We’ve offered to work with you and provide you a discounted price for a change order however we delivered and installed everything per the specifications in your signed contract. Please reach out when you are ready to move forward, otherwise these posts are simply you trying to gain leverage by pressuring us to give you something for free, after we have already confirmed that we delivered exactly what you requested and there are no issues or problems with the shower enclosure we installed. You don’t like your choices and you want us to pay to change it, which anyone would argue is simply not reasonable.

04/13/2020

Eddie G.

Company failed to call me back when I wanted the work done..

Description of Work
Shower door

Category glass repair

While we appreciate your feedback we believe you have us confused with a different provider as we do not sell or install windows. We would appreciate it if you could remove or correct this incorrect rating.

03/11/2020

Fritz H.

Robert is efficient and professional

Description of Work
install frame-less shower door

12/30/2019

Gloria C.

I answered their questions and they never texted or called back

Description of Work
Broken window replaced

Category glass repair

After researching your review, we found that you sent your request at 1:31pm. Our response was sent back to you at 1.33pm. After our initial response we never heard back from you so your request was closed. We apologize about the confusion but maybe the response was sent to spam as it’s generated from Angie’s List?

05/04/2018

Vance C.

Scott came out and gave me an estimate. He was very professional and helpful. I explained that since my existing shower door was destroyed, my handicapped wife was unable to take a shower until the new shower door was installed. He said I should have the door within 10 days but he would put a rush on it. On the 14th day ( not counting the day he gave me the estimate ), I called the company and Scott. He said he was surprised that I still did not have a door, especially since he requested a rush. He said he would call the company. On the 15th day I received a call and was told that the earliest they could come out was 5 days later. Once it was installed, it needed to dry for 24 hours. My handicapped wife was unable to take a shower for 21 days and had to use baby wipes for 21 days to clean herself. I would have rated it only one star, but the shower door looks good and was installed beautifully. If you need the shower door soon - forget it.

Description of Work
I needed a new shower door.

04/03/2018

Dennis B.

The door is fantastic and they did install the door and frame exactly and neatly. The only thing was the door installer started late. He had to dig a hole which is not needed and he left without saying about it. The sales rep was very patient, very helpful about the way it would work. He was very helpful. The prioduct is A, but the installation is B

Description of Work
I purchased a deal of Custom Installed Framed Sliding Shower Door - $619.99

01/09/2018

David L.

The installer was an experience installer and very good.

Description of Work
The shower enclosures was installed late than promised. I was told about 2 weeks and then the office said between 2-3 weeks but took 4 weeks ro be installed. The price was expensive. I was willing to pay the price because I was told it will be installed early.

Category Uncategorized

08/07/2017

Jeanne C.

All went well. Very easy to work with, got job done quickly and when they said it would be done.

Description of Work
Replace glass shower doors.

Category home remodeling, doors

07/05/2017

Bruno V.

Excellent measurement and estimate process. Proposal was not competitive in price and quality.

Description of Work
Glass shower enclosure

06/20/2017

Ron N.

These folks were absolutely awesome....from sales to installation I could not have asked for anything better. Quality was better than what the builder used, colors matched perfectly, options were shocking for the price paid. Highly recommend over their local competitors who were double the price, over $1,000 for the exact same product and glass coating for spots.

Description of Work
Install and purchase semi-frameless sliding shower doors with fiberglass tub/.shower insert

Category glass repair

Thank you very much for the feedback! We hope you enjoy your new Century Shower Door for many many years!

04/11/2017

Marcy G.

When they gave me the estimate, it was very thorough. They were the most expensive, I probably would not use them in the future. I just thought their price was high.

Description of Work
I had them to come out and give me an estimate for shower doors.

09/19/2016

Donna S.

Very well. The installer arrived three and a half hours late but it was not a problem for me. The installation was done in two hours.

Description of Work
Shower door replacement

Category glass repair, home remodeling

03/03/2016

Cristine A.

We wanted to install shower glass doors to make our bathroom nicer and to prevent our baby to walk or to run out from the shower. This company was very quick to response and they came really soon to give us the estimate. We decided to go with them and I'm glad cos they did a wonderful work, very nice and clean. I will recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace Shower Door

Category glass repair, home remodeling, doors

[Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your review! We thrilled to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you enjoy your new Century Shower Door!

12/29/2015

James E.

So this "service" didn't go well at all mainly because it was NOT a service in the first place. Instead, the package/big deal that I purchased was actually just a product bundle with no actual service provider visit to my home included. The wording of the package is somewhat ambiguous and misleading because I thought I was going to have a service provider come to my house, clean my shower, AND most importantly PERFORM maintenance on the shower as the package was called "Shower and Shower Door Maintenance Package." I have spoken with Century Shower Door and Angie's List about this listing and I'm not sure if Century Shower Door will be forced to remove this package and/or re-word the listing but hopefully my review will help people to understand exactly what they are buying. Now, after reading the above, everybody must be wondering why I still gave them an A overall and an A for price and A for responsiveness. Century Shower Door should not receive a fully negative rating simply because of misleading wording on a big deal. For what the package is, it is fairly priced and contains excellent products. In addition, I bought 3 packages (thinking that I needed "service" on all 3 of the showers in my home) but upon discovering the true contents of the package was able to work with Angie's List and Century Shower Door to refund 2 out of the 3 packages back to me before they shipped. That is good customer service in my book. As for leaving NA ratings on everything else, well there was no home visit so no need for a punctuality or professionalism rating. And there was no service provided so there is no need for a quality rating. Some might say that I should rate the quality of the products received... No, Angie's List is primarily a conduit for service providers to connect to homeowners to PROVIDE IN-HOME SERVICES and since there was no service provided, I refuse to rate the quality lest other service providers become enthused to start offering packages like this and in turn diluting Angie's List's mission and existence into a devolved version of Home Depot's Red Beacon or something of the like.

Description of Work
The provider shipped 3 cleaning products and a scrubber sponge to my doorstep.

Category glass repair, doors

[Member Name Removed] We appreciate your review and honesty. We are working with Angies List to either remove the listing or change the details to make it very clear that this is a product only offering. We are glad to hear that the products worked well for you! Please let us know if you need anything!

12/16/2015

Patty J.

I reached out to Century at the same time as 2 other shower door providers, one other through Angie's list, to schedule an appointment for measuring my newly built shower. The customer service person, who responds through Angie's list requested my email address to coordinate an interview. A day or two later I received a phone call from Chad to schedule the call on Friday, December 4. I was unable to call him back until Monday, December 9 but responded first thing in the morning, calling the number he left on my vmail. When I had still not heard back from him by Wednesday I went through the Angie's list system and inquired about scheduling the appointment. They were responsive, and I did hear back by phone from Chad later that day. By this time, I had already been measured by one other provider, and was scheduled with the other for that day. I was scheduled with Century for measuring on Tuesday, December 15 between 11 am and noon. Chad showed up at 12:12 pm according to my phone and computer. I was told by the customer service person that their GPS showed he arrived at 12:08 (seemingly wanting to defend his arrival time for being near the scheduled appointment time. However, it was clearly after the time that the appointment was to have ended. They also explained that he was held up behind an accident. I have no idea why he would not call to let me know he was running late or ask the office to do so - customer service 101 folks. Since I had to be at an appointment across town by 1 pm, and needed to leave my home by 12:15 to get there on time I was not able to let him in to measure. I am not comfortable with being late for appointments. I mentioned he was supposed to have been there an hour earlier. He stated that the appointment was between 11 and noon, apparently unaware of the time. I informed him that it was nearly 12:15 pm and I needed to leave for an appointment. Anyway, after holding up my shower order with either of the other 2 to get Century's cost estimate - waiting nearly a week to place the order after receiving my second estimate the week prior, I am going with Frameless, who was able to show up on time; called to confirm the appointment, even calling to ask if they could come early; and was easy to arrange all of the details with. Century lacks ability to easily schedule, seems unable to arrive on time, or communicate when there is an issue, seemingly assuming that customers do not have any other things going on except to wait for them to decide to show at their convenience - disregarding an appointment time. I can only assume this introduction to working with this provider is a window into what the experience would be like - late, confused and irresponsible. I will not be hiring them, and do not recommend working with them. You would think they do not know there is competition out there. I suppose when you are the only game in town, you can do this and people have no choice but to postpone their projects or cancel other aspects of their life awaiting the arrival of the Century team. Had I known this was the way they do business, I would not have postponed mine. I hope this review helps others in a similar situation.

Description of Work
Unfortunately, they could not show up on time so they did nothing.

10/19/2015

Matt A.

Honestly, I can't remember exactly what it cost, but they were great. Punctual, thorough, finished on time..the door is working fine today. I would use again.

Description of Work
Replaced our broken shower door

Category glass repair, doors

{Member's name}: Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you're very satisfied with your purchase. Enjoy your new shower door!

10/13/2015

Sandra S.

Everything is great, except a small bubble appeared along the glass door. I am calling them back for a look see, does not seem like this bubble belongs their.

Description of Work
Installed frameless glass shower door

Category glass repair, doors

Thank you for your review. It looks like we've resolved concern after the install. Please call us if you need anything else!

10/01/2015

Fahad A.

Overall Excellent in every way!

Description of Work
Excellent job!! In both timing and meeting the what is stated in the deal.

Category glass repair

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Enjoy your new shower door!

09/22/2015

Mark G.

This was mis advertized and was indicated to me after purchase that my house was out of their service area. In the future, there should be explicit service areas in ALL advertisements. This cost me a fair amount of time and hassle.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category glass repair

[Member name removed]: We apologize that we were not able to offer our services in your zip code. Unfortunately, this error was beyond our control! We are working with Angies List to see if they can review the coverage area so any area that is beyond our coverage area is removed. Again, sorry that we were not able to work with you on this project.

09/15/2015

Janeen M.

Jonathan did the measurements. Very professional and great guy. Johan installed the door 3 weeks later. He was also very professional and friendly. Neat, careful, cheerful, great. No complaints whatsoever. We will use the same company to do the next one!

Description of Work
Measured and installed (3 weeks later) a frameless shower door

Category glass repair

[removed name]: Thank you for your review and thank you for being a customer! We hope you enjoy your new shower door.

09/13/2015

Janice K.

I needed the shower enclosure replaced. The metal was cheap to begin with and the glass was cracking. I went to Home Depot to get information, and they said that they would schedule a visit from their vendor. The man who came out was from Century Shower Doors. He took measurements and showed me the booklet with prices and upgrades. I did pick an upgrade on the metal. The last metal was extremely cheap, and it was able to bend. A few days later, I received a phone call from someone else in the company. He told me that there was a discrepancy in the measurements and that I would have to pay more. I called back, and he did not seem to know what was going on. He told me that he told my daughter what was going on as she had been there the entire time for the first visit. I told him that he was wrong, but he insisted that my daughter had the information. Since I do not have a daughter, I was very confused and called the main office. They told me not to worry about anything, and that they would call me when they were ready to come out for the installation. When they came out, they were very professional. They arrive within the specified time. They took out the old shower enclosure (you pay extra for that) and they put in the new shower. There was some mold, but they remedied that. It took them a little over 3 hours for the entire installation. They placed stickers with the instructions for proper care on the shower, and told me that I was not to use it for about 24 hours. They were professional and pleasant during the entire time. The new shower is sleek and, two months later, I am really glad that I got the upgraded metal. The metal in the doorway is flush to the shower, so no more broken toes! Based on this service, I am impressed, and appreciate the professionalism and care that they took in replacing the shower enclosure.

Description of Work
This company replaced my shower enclosure in my master bathroom

Category glass repair, remodeling, home remodeling

08/11/2015

Brian S.

They came out within a day or two. Took measurements. Told me it would take about 3 weeks. Came back in 2.5 weeks and installed the new shower door. Excellent service and I am 100% satisfied!

Description of Work
They came out to measure the shower enclosure to custom make a shower door for us.

Category glass repair, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

We always like to hear from our 100% satisfied customers. Thank you for your review. Enjoy your new Century Shower Door!