Borg Fence & Decks

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2013

3.2

22107 S Vermont Ave

Torrance, CA 90502

Borg Fence & Decks was founded on a commitment to the installation of quality products for a fair price, with integrity to our customers and our environment. We specialize in custom fences, decks and artificial turf installations that improve the beauty and value of your outdoor living space. With more than 27 years of experience, Borg Fence & Decks has provided professional fence, deck & artificial turf installation to California. We are dedicated to serving the state of California, including but not limited to the greater Sacramento region, Bay Area and Los Angeles region and the surrounding areas. We specialize in quality installation of redwood, vinyl, chain link, wrought iron and aluminum fencing, as well as artificial turf, gates, decks, trellises, arbors, and retaining walls. Committed to high quality customer service, each installation begins with a complementary estimate. Our knowledgeable staff will review the fencing styles available to you and answer any questions that you may have. Before the installation, each piece of lumber, iron panel or roll of chain link is inspected to meet our strict company standards. We install using screened, trained professionals. As a standard practice, we will remove and dispose of your old fence, sorting and recycling each component.. We only buy lumber that is FSC or SFI certified and take numerous measures to offer our customers a variety of material choices. License number - 811226. Additional contact – Karen Keeling-Moore....

01/29/2014

Ronald H.

05/01/2013

Amelie F.

Nick came out to my house shortly after I contacted Home Depot for the fencing job. He is a polite, polished, and professional young man who truly understands his company, its product, and the needs of the customer. As a customer anxious to understand exactly what I was buying and how durable it would be, I had a lot of questions for him about pricing, the quality of the materials involved (in this case, aluminum), how the company works with Home Depot to provide the fencing, and the company's background and integrity. It's important to point out that a company will not stay Home Depot's go-to fence provider if it doesn't deliver. I checked into Borg Fence through Angie's List and elsewhere and liked what I read. Upon meeting Nick in person and reviewing his presentation, I liked what I saw. He provided me with helpful written materials, patiently answered all of my questions, reassured me about my concerns (is it sturdy? will the materials handle the weather? guarantees?) and took meticulous measurements of my front yard in order to deliver Borg's estimate. He did not waste my time. Throughout the estimate process, he stayed in constant touch with me to update me with answers to questions specific to my project. Nick is a textbook example of how a person should represent his company. He was always punctual when we met in person. He followed up on every detail concerning the order. I asked him some tough questions about their pricing, and he was candid with me about how he arrived at the estimate and why it was worth the price (not only the importance of using aluminum, but also the guarantee that is backed by Home Depot, which assured me that if anything were to happen with the fence, it would be properly addressed). In the end, I felt that by going with Borg, I would be getting the quality, security, and durability I wanted. Home Depot backed out of the agreement because of zoning issues in my area, but that is not Nick Oni's or Borg Fence's fault, nor do I fault Home Depot. I did regret that I wouldn't be able to complete business with Nick, because he had won my confidence. And when I broke the news to him that we couldn't work together, he was kind, gracious, and continued to treat me with the utmost courtesy. Please note that the amount I list is the estimate. I paid Home Depot for the fence and received a full refund when the project did not go through. I submit this review in the hopes that you will consider Borg for your fencing project. Do ask for Nickolas Oni!

Description of Work
I contracted Borg Fence & Decks in January 2013 to build a fence for my front yard. Unfortunately, due to a contractual issue with Home Depot (Borg is their vendor for fencing in Southern California), I was unable to use them to build the fence. I do not fault Home Depot (who refunded my money immediately) or Borg for this issue. The reason I wish to contribute this review, however, is the incredible professionalism of Borg's representative, Mr. Nickolas Oni.

Category fencing

Thank you for choosing Borg Fence & Decks, and Home Depot, for your fence project. Like you, we regret that zoning regulations prevented you from being able to do the project you wanted. We appreciate your letting us know that our Sales Consultant did a great job and that you experienced the professionalism and attention to detail that Borg Fence & Decks offers all our clients.

07/25/2012

Lauren K.

We contracted Home Depot to replace our aging fence. We figured that anything with the HD name on it would be good. Were we wrong. They subcontracted to Borg which ended up being a nightmare which is still ongoing. The salesman, Thaxter, came to our house and did a great job selling the product. Problem is, many of the major items he addressed were not true: 1. We asked him if we would have to seal the wood ourselves or if it came pretreated. He said it did come pretreated, and we wouldn't have to do anything to the wood until it started to turn an ugly brown and then we might want to paint it. (I will address Borg's comments to this later.)2. He told us one of the advantages of going with them was that they use only high-quality wood, and better than anything we could buy at Home Depot. This turned out not to be true as the wood has already begun to split (initial installation date was late May... it's now July).3. I asked him how long the job would take. He told me four days. The project team told me two days. It took three, but communication with us on this was horrible. We received a call confirming the installation date and was advised the project team would arrive by 7:30 AM. The day of installation, 7:30 came and went. By 9 we tried to call Thaxter, the only number we had, to find out what was going on. Straight to voicemail. We left several messages, and by 10:30 we received a call back stating they would be there soon. 11 rolls around and the team finally shows up. They said the got lost (which I could understand was probably partially due to the late arrival, but there's no way you could get so lost on the way to our house that you would be 3 1/2 hours late). I was more than upset that, if they had been late, they didn't call headquarters to advise them to tell us their status. The project manager (who was the only one who spoke English) had me walk the job and tell him what we wanted, but it didn't even seem like he knew what was to be done as I had to ask him several times whether he had communicated with the salesman. It just seemed like the right hand didn't know what the left was doing.After we got the details somewhat secured, the PM and his team members removed our fencing. Once they were done, they just sat at their truck, smoking and talking on the phone for two hours. Then, all of the sudden, some man shows up with all this lumber and literally dumps it on my driveway. Then he starts talking to me like I should know who he is - never introduced himself. He said to me "here's your lumber!" and I thought "I didn't know it was missing". Apparently the team was waiting for it to arrive, but never communicated that either. They finished at 1:30 pm, right as I was leaving to go to a doctor's appointment. My mother-in-law was at my house with my kids, and they told her to sign off on the job. She said she couldn't leave the kids alone and that they would have to wait for my husband and me to return. They were not happy about that, left the form, and left.When my husband and I returned, we walked the job. We noticed numerous issues. We called HD who told us to call Borg. 1. They left large gaps under the fence, big enough for small animals to get through.2. MANY boards were cracked. 3. There were MANY nails that were exposed - from 1/2" to an 1". 4. Some boards had footprints on them from the project team stepping all over them.5. Some boards just looked rotten.6. The latch on our gate had been scratched.7. Some nails on the gate, nailed on an angle, were not flush with the gate.8. They left nails in our pool, some which rusted on the bottom (apparently from the demolition). I could go on... I was put in touch with the owner, Adrian, who came out with Thaxter's supervisor. I was, needless to say, upset at this situation and he was condescending at first. Eventually we just got down to business and he agreed to come back and fix all but #6 and #8 on my list above. We figured since they were willing to make the fixes, then we should have them also do the fence by our driveway as some circumstances that prevented us from including it in the first bid had changed. They came to do that job and the repair job - and it looks rushed. Boards are different colors. Nails are no where near being aligned. Some boards weren't nailed (I had to tell the PM to fix it). Some boards are raggedy (none had been sanded after sawing - same is true for the other fence). We called Adrian to voice our concerns and he was very defensive, and basically pinned it on us for not having written in the contract that we wanted the nails straight. He also told us our contract stated that the boards would split. I've read the contract thoroughly and nowhere does it state this. It does, however, state that if we contact them during the warantee period, "HD will repair at no charge to the customer for any defects due to faulty workmanship". The jobs they did look okay from far away, but up close you can definitely tell that there was no attention to detail, no pride in their work, and no care that was taken. It's shoddy workmanship, and it should not be the customer's responsibility to write into the contract that we want excellent workmanship. $8600 is not easy to come by for us, and I'm not happy with my purchase.

Description of Work
Replaced aging fence with Redwood Board-on-Board style fencing around perimeter of backyard and along side of driveway.

Category fencing

This member was not our client. The fence built on her property was a gift to her from a family member who has not given us any indication they are not completely satisfied. The member contracted with us to do another project after her experience with us. For further information, contact Karen Keeling-Moore at 916-984-4911.

HIC Builders, Inc.

We look forward to coming out to your home and exploring the best, most efficient and budget conscious way we can upgrade you home. We specialize in kitchens, bathrooms, ADUs, pavers, outdoor landscape, patio enclosures, painting and much much more! We know that you are putting your faith in your contractor, we work hard to earn your trust and satisfaction. Our team’s experience offers you the latest design trends, materials and tricks of the trade for your remodeling project. We are detail oriented and aim for perfection with all our work. We are your partner through the entire process from plans and blueprints to the last nail and brush of paint.

5 Star Wrought Iron

5 Star brings professional and expert wrought iron work to you, and has been doing it for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on your complete satisfaction for everything from gates and doors and beyond.

Offers by 5 Star Wrought Iron on Angi
    Conscientious Landscaping

Conscientious Landscaping is an owner/ operated business that understands the importance of excellent customer service. We pride ourselves in offering our clients with the best, yet innovative options available. Our story begins in 1995 when we developed our vision and plan of action. Our vision is offering each client with its distinctive care for their gardens. Each garden, has a story, a color, a mood and its important that each garden is always in sync. We took time to study horticulture because we understand the importance of being knowledgeable. We can help you detecting nutrient deficiencies on plants, soil ph levels, irrigation, and thorough and detailed maintenance. Were always striving to provide our clients with informative and knowledgeable practices. Please contact us for all things horticulture , we are here to help. We're honest, knowledgeable and dependable.

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Fencing, redwood, vinyl, aluminum, ornamental iron & chain link, redwood and composite decks, arbors, custom gates, retaining walls & artificial grass installs.