American Sliding Door Repair

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

2169 Montrose Dr

Thousand Oaks, CA 91362

American Sliding Door Repair is a Marine veteran owned local business that has been serving Southern California for over 30 years. We are a fully equipped professional and experienced repair team for all your sliding door needs. We can replace rollers, locks, handles, tracks and more. ...

03/24/2020

Matthew M.

It went great. Bill showed up on time did a great job at a fair price. I highly recommend American sliding door repair.

Description of Work
Are large sliding glass door needed held sliding

Category siding,doors

07/17/2019

Beth W.

It was very good, it was excellent and outstanding. The owner kept in touch with me and gave me the status on the work. They are very professional, polite and clean up after the job. It was a great experience having them.

Description of Work
They repair my sliding glass door in my patio. They took the door off and replace the rollers and grind the track down.

07/15/2019

Victoria B.

They were awesome. Punctual, flexible, and hard workers. They identified the issues and fixed them. Fair price.

Description of Work
They worked on my closet sliding door.

07/15/2016

Grace P.

The 2 technicians were professional & did what another company said was not possible. I was very pleased with the service. They even suggested how to get the dog to use the door!

Description of Work
Put in a pet door and replaced the rollers on my sliding glass door.

03/14/2016

Judy V.

The owner was fair, efficient and fast. He had a helper who was courteous and kind. They showed up when they said they would and repaired quickly.

Description of Work
They repaired broken rollers and what they could, they helped support 30+ yr old frame. He was honest about not being able to repair our other slider and pointed out where it was irreparable. But he did replace lock on that slider.

02/11/2016

Annette W.

What great service!! I had 3 problem sliding glass doors in my home that would not open all the way due to settling. Three other contractors had looked at the problem and felt that the glass would break if they tried to take them out. I thought I was going to have to buy all new sliding doors. But Bill had no problem with them. He took them right out, trimmed down the metal frames, replaced the rollers and reinstalled them in under 3 hours. They are better than new! Thank you so much Bill!

Description of Work
Repaired 3 sliding patio doors that wouldn't open all the way due to settling of home.

Category replacement windows,doors

11/07/2015

Karen and David L.

Jeff and Fabio did a fabulous job. I didn't realize how complex the job would be and they really came through. Bill fixed my sliding glass door a year ago so I called him back. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Fixed my very old and hard to open pocket door

10/08/2015

Lester M.

We have the original sliding glass doors on our townhome. The doors were impossible to open, these guys came out and installed new rollers and tracks and the doors now slide like new. We had gotten a couple of quotes for new doors which were close to 6k, so glad we found these guys and had them come out and do the repairs.

Description of Work
Fixed 3 sliding glass doors that were almost inoperable.

09/13/2015

Cornelia D.

I have a leak in our sliding glass door when it rains. American Sliding door does not do that type of repair, but after sending him photos he suggested using a garden hose to simulate rain. I found the leak location and he suggested that it could be potentially fixed by hiring a painter to caulk the area. He spent is time helping me over the phone although he did not get any work out if it.

Description of Work
Provided advice over the phone

Category doors

Thank You for taking time to write us a review. Hope it all worked out for you. Bill

09/11/2015

Mazi F.

Prompt, Friendly, Polite, Efficient, Competent. Worked fast, and got the job done. Clean up as they went. Would use them again, and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced Rollers on Door and Resurfaced (cleaned) existing track.

09/07/2015

ALBERT R.

Excellent, they were fast, efficient, and very knowledgeable in the repair of the doors. In addition, they were very courteous and very clean, picking up and cleaning after they were finished. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replace the roller mechanism on 2 Anderson Sliding doors, remove a slight hump on both doors which resulted in a sticking spot for both doors.

04/22/2015

Philip D.

Excellent -- very responsive to my schedule request, arrived promptly and completed the job professionally.

Description of Work
Repaired the rollers and track on a sliding glass door.

04/21/2015

DONNA G.

We are very happy with the work! Good price! We recommend highly! Donna

Description of Work
Put new wheels on our patio door. Adjusted the electronic pet door that we installed. Our door is not quite the standard size. Now the doors meet and close properly.

04/09/2015

Gail T.

The arrived on time and finished quickly. Door perfect now. Cleaned up as they worked and were careful. Very nice.

Description of Work
Replaced rollers and guide on heavy oak slider that wouldn't open.

03/10/2015

Jeff F.

Both heavy doors slid like brand new. For the wood door it was better than brand new. When Bill discovered that the wood door was so heavy that the steel cap that he placed in the track during the repair could not support the weight, he gave me his last (no longer manufactured) track for the same price. They were professional, personable and efficient. It's too bad they only repair doors. I recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Bill and Jeff repaired the tracks for my vinyl and double-paned wood sliding doors.

03/06/2015

Jean B.

Bill and his partner arrived promptly at the appointed time and assessed the problem with our door immediately .Bill then gave us an estimate minus the Angie's List discount. We were very happy and accepted. We appreciated his professionalism and honesty. Our next surprise was the fact that they had time to complete the job that day. In no time our door was working perfectly. They also touched up some damaged areas with paint they had with them. Bill also helped us position a mirror that was hampering the movement of the door. Our door hadn't worked for quite some time and we never thought we could find someone who had the expertise to fix it. Thank heavens for Bill at American Sliding Door. And also his affiliation with Angie's List. Thanks Angie's List for being there to help us find the right people for the projects we need help with!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced track and rollers on a pocket door

12/12/2014

Christopher G.

Bill came out and gave us an estimate and installation time frame within a few days. While his doors were slightly more expensive, I felt I was getting what I was paying for with Bill. After Bill installed them, I was right. You do get what you pay for 9 times out of 10. When I add up the actual difference in price of what I would have saved for an inferior door and an inferior company, it's just not much money. I am very glad I called Bill and used his company. He is professional, uses top quality products and gets everything installed quickly and correctly the first time. I'll be calling him again. Thanks!

Description of Work
Installed 5 heavy duty sliding screen doors

Category screen repair,doors

07/11/2014

John L.

Bill came to our home, took measurements and provided an estimate for materials and installation. When he came to install the new screens, they were well-made, heavy-duty, open and close smoothly, and lock easily and securely. Installation began punctually, professionally done, and Bill didn't leave until we had gone through the house to make sure every screen met with my satisfaction. We would definitely recommend Bill and American Sliding door to our friends and neighbors; as Bill promised, "If the screen doesn't lock, it's free!"

Description of Work
Replaced 5 sliding screen doors, and created new channels for them so that they close and lock securely.

05/22/2014

Karen and David L.

The entire experience was terrific. Bill and Jeff came on time, got right to work, cleaned up after themselves and were genuinely nice guys. What a treat. I have been fighting with my door forever and now it couldn't be better. Bill also gave me tips on maintanance which is always appreciated. If only it was always like this.......

Description of Work
Replace the wheels and track on my sliding glass door. They cleaned and prepared it also.

05/15/2014

SHARON C.

He was quick and clean and took care of the problem in a very timely manner at a reasonable price. They both worked very quickly.

Description of Work
My sliding door wouldn't close and it was raining and Bill came out the next day and fixed it.

04/16/2014

Marcia Z.

Bill and another worker did a great job, quick service and came within a few days of our call. We have a few other projects for him and were super happy with his professionalism. Our sliding door works way better than it did when it was brand new, so we're very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced sliding door roller and stainless steel track insert.

04/30/2013

ARTHUR G E.

They arrived a bit late, and the price was higher than I expected, but they did very good work and were well organized and neat. They were very pleasant to chat with and we're quite happy with the result.

Description of Work
Bill Loftus and his assistant repaired three sliding mirror doors in our master bedroom closet. This required new rollers.

02/02/2013

rosalie S.

the sliding door lock broke and, when I called American Sliding Doors, indicating that I didn't want to spend several days in an unlocked house, they rearranged their schedule to make an emergency repair. While at my house, they checked the other sliding doors and did some additional repairs. Their prices are fair and their work excellent. They were very pleasant and helpful.

Description of Work
extremely satisfied

Category screen repair,doors

09/26/2012

Janice W.

Bill and his partner arrived on time, and called before they came over to tell me what time they would be here. They gave me a fair and honest estimate. Bill was very honest and said that my track was a little loose on the sliding glass door, and would probably last a couple more years, but the wheels on the sliding window would definitely need replacing, as I had to use my body weight to muscle it open. I chose to have the track replaced as well, but appreciated his honesty ! They were here about 45 minutes and worked really hard, did a wonderful job, were very neat and cleaned up afterwards. They were very meticulous, even lubing the seals around the windows,vacuuming and cleaning out the weep holes as I also had a problem with them being clogged up. What a difference ! I can practically move the window with one finger ! Would definitely refer them and use their services again ! Thanks guys !

Description of Work
Replaced Wheels(rollers) and track on my sliding glass patio door.

09/22/2012

Jessica L.

Bill and Terry installed an in-wall pet door for our dog. They were on-time, professional, and cleaned up after themselves. I couldn't even tell they had been there. Before coming out, Bill helped advise us on the right size pet door for our dog. He was very professional. We left them in the house and he called us shortly before the job was completed so that we could come home and see it. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Bill and Terry installed an in-wall pet door for our dog.

All Over Locksmith

We are a fully Licensed, Police Permitted, Bonded, and Insured Locksmith Company With 24/7 Complete Mobile Service. Make sure ALL Your Locksmith needs are covered only by the Best of the Best. We at ALL OVER Locksmith will provide you the service you’re looking for when you want Top Notch, Expert Residential, Commercial, Safes or Automotive Locksmith jobs, We do it ALL. Call us Anytime with ALL Your Security Needs.

Offers by All Over Locksmith on Angi
    Barak Lock & Security

Friendly, reliable full-service security firm and locksmith that has been serving Los Angeles area residents and businesses since 2003.

Guardian Angel Locksmith

Guardian Angel Locksmith focuses on providing the most professional, honest and responsive locksmith services you have ever experienced. At Guardian Angel Locksmith, we make it a mission to build long-lasting relationships through trust and commitment to customers. We consider it our responsibility and obligation to provide you with the highest quality products and services available. Whether it is a simple lockout or a complex master key system, we value your business, your home and most importantly your time. We take importance in our work and in always providing consistent and excellent services. Thank you for your constant support and most importantly for choosing Guardian Angel Locksmith as YOUR LOCK AND SECURITY SPECIALIST!

Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express

Installation & repairs sliding door, screen door, pocket door, pet door, closet door, window, glass door, patio door, sliding door parts, vinyl sliding doors, aluminum door & wood door, pet doors in wall, pet doors in glass door, pet doors in wood doors, mirror closet door, sliding door track, sliding door roller & patio sliding door.