D & S Termite and Pest Control

Founded 1968 • With Angi since September 2004

3638 Bancroft Drive

Spring Valley, CA 91977

D&S is a local, family owned & operated company and has been in business since 1968. D&S is proud to be your full-service termite and pest control provider. Whether it's termites, ants, fleas or rodents, D&S has the right treatment plan for you. We offer weekly, monthly and quarterly plans available to fit your needs. With monthly service plans starting as low as $30 per month you really can afford to be pest free! We also specialize in the eradication of Bed Bugs, we can fumigate an entire structure for 100% elimination or chemically treat an infested unit. We also have a fumigation chamber so that you do not need to throw away all furnishings that are infested with bed bugs or beetles. We take pride in everything we do. Small jobs, large jobs, we do them all. When you want the BEST, it's D&S for all your pests! Additional phone numbers - (619) 461-3111, (619) 466-5577 & (877) 462-5577. Additional DBAs - AMBD Inc, D & S Fumigations, D & S Pest Control, D & S Termite Control, D&S Termite....

pest control (67)home inspection (2)

03/31/2021

A V.

Poorly. I didn’t know until I started to paint the exterior just how poorly it has gone. I had a good experience with the repairs guy, the tenters arrived on time and I guessed that went well. My issue is that I was supervising renovations on the property when the subterranean technicians supposedly completed their job. Not even the plumbers who were working on the main line underneath the house could verify that the exterminator had been there to deal with the subterranean treatment. I called to express my concern and the woman in the office was neither pleasant, nor helpful and insisted that if the tech reported he did the job, thank it was done. This was in November 2019 shortly after I closed escrow and before I moved in. Fast forward to March 2021, 16 months later. I was prepping the exterior of the home to be painted and discovered large portions of termite damage. Having the issues I had reported to the company via written complaint not acknowledged as well, I called Orkin. A tech came out and did a free estimate with photos (something D&S Termite never did), and told me it looked very unlikely that any subterranean treatment was done considering there was no sign of trenching. Now I have to pay AGAIN for subterranean treatment because they are clearly signs of active mud tunnels and damage. Not happy then. Not happy now.

Description of Work
Tenting/fumigation for dry wood and subterranean termites

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Review for D & S Termite and Pest Control - 3638 Bancroft Drive, Spring Valley, CA - 39275064

08/12/2020

Mark A.

Willful Disregard We just had the house tented for termites. We call D&S because they did a great job 15+ years before. They were not the cheapest, but we went with them because of the good previous work. The sale person was on time and professional. It went downhill from there. D&S is not the same company. I’m still having a hard time comprehending the willful disregard for our safety and our property and unprofessionalism during and after the work. The list is long but will keep it down to a few highlights. 1-They had no Corvid protocols in place, 2- Pull several plants up by the roots and threw them over the bank 3- Broke over 50 tiles on the roof 4- Remove gutters and left them hanging 5- Damaged the new solar system. 6- Two works used the bathroom, peed on the floor and wall, and did not flush the toilet. They have no customer service and no sorry. I wish I were exaggerating. There are so many other companies that use someone else.

Description of Work
Willful Disregard

Category pest control,home inspection

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

11/21/2019

Chuck C.

Everything went the way it should have. Got loads of information and a very professional tech. that came out and explained what to do and not to do. I would call on them again and again if I needed to . Five Stars

Description of Work
Put down traps and even checked the attic .

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

05/16/2018

JOANNE C.

it went well satisfied with company staff was very nice & friendly

Description of Work
termits tinting

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

04/14/2018

Susan K.

The inspection person was professional and thorough. He was helpful in recommending the level of service we needed, suggesting that spot treatment of affected areas would be sufficient to control termites for the next several years. The treatment itself was done promptly and without inconvenience to us.

Description of Work
Termite inspection, followed by treatment.

Category pest control,home inspection

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking your time to review our company.

10/25/2017

Geoffrey M.

Local, friendly, competitively priced

Description of Work
Termite whole-house tenting

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

Thank you for the review! Please be sure to recommend us to any of your friends and family that are in need of termite or pest control.

01/04/2017

Mary Anne B.

Jason came out to my dad's house, was very understanding, kind and professional. He did a great job of explaining what he was planning to do for my dad's house. We are now using their monthly service.

Description of Work
spraying for bugs in and outside of the house and rodent control

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

10/18/2016

Anne B.

They did a fine job. They came out, did their work, cleaned up, and left. The best part of my experience was the efficiency of them. They came in and get it. There really wasn’t a bad experience. They were careful about stepping on the plants and stuff. They were very courteous. They were recommended to us by some people and I think they were on Angie’s List too. Their responsiveness was good. They got out there pretty fast. They were right on-time.

Description of Work
D & S Termite and Pest Control came out and did a spot check on everything and they treated for some termites. It was just a spot treatment. It was not a tinting.

Work Completed On 09/18/2016

Thank you! Be sure to recommend us to all of your friends and family!

09/23/2016

Joe M.

Fumigation crew arrived at designated time. Very polite, very professional. As the gas had been turned off as necessary for fumigating, the worker reminded me to phone SDG&E to schedule the gas to be turned back on. They tented the house, explained that some plants right next to house would be stressed during the fumigation but they would come back with extra watering. They Tented the house taking care not to damage any tiles on roof. Fumigation was a 3 day event and on the 3rd day they returned and removed the tent, aired out the house and posted a form on front door that house was safe to enter. They next day they started work on the wood repair which was a big job because there was a lot of damage from the termites and wood fungus. That took 3 days. I purchase some paint to match the rest of the fascia wood and they were kind enough to paint the new wood so it matched. That was nice cause it is a 2 story house. They didn't charge me extra to paint. D&S is one of a few companies that do their own fumigation work so I think the price was better. Also, I liked the D&S inspector, Mike Saunders, who inspected the house and wrote up the report. Also, the D&S crew did the wood repair. I know that some companies farm that out to others. I am very satisfied with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
House fumigation. Repair Termite damage and wood fungus damage

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

09/19/2016

Anne B.

They were very efficient and professional. Estimates for various options were given and explained.

Description of Work
Termite treatment on our Eve's.

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

Let us know if there is any other pest or termite control situation that we can help with. Have a great day!

Termite control, Fumigation, Pest control, Bed bug eradication, Structural repairs, Escrow inspections, Chamber fumigation, Powder Post Beetle extermination, Rodent control, Wood repairs, Local termite treatment, Pre Construction treatment, Ant control, Bee control

Animal trapping.