Simpson Sheet Metal, Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1977 • With Angi since December 2008

Serving Santa Rosa for over 30 years, we are proud to be a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer and were honored to be win the Carrier President's Award Winner in 2008. A family-owned business, we employ some of the BEST people in the HVAC industry with a combined experience of over 50 years. Our technicians are certified by the North American Technician Excellence (NATE)organization. We are a member of Local Sheet Metal Union 104 which means our employees are highly trained, educated and well skilled in all makes and models of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. We are also members of the Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, North Coast Builders Exchange, and Marin Builders Association. We provide respectful, dependable, honest and reliable customer service for any job, no matter how large or small and our pricing is competitive and fair with no hidden or surprise costs. Simpson takes the family approach to business by having the estimator conduct all of our free estimates, not an aggressive sales person. This provides all of our customers with the confidence that every system is designed and installed properly. It is our commitment to ensure that all of our customers are completely satisfied. We are your one stop source for all of your heating, air conditioning and air quality needs....

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

4.3

HVAC Companies (23)metal fabrication (2)air duct cleaning (1)

11/16/2020

Brenten B.

It was great. They were professional.

Description of Work
They replaced my heating and air conditioning.

Work Completed On 11/16/2019

01/06/2020

Rick H.

Responsive to our questions. Professional. Were able to get the job done in a timely manner. Quality work and fair price.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

10/17/2019

Roger W.

Excellent in all aspects. Highly pleased with their professionalism.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

10/06/2019

Kelly D.

Efficient, excellent product and A+ team. Happy with both the A/C and Heat capabilities. And get to operate system remotely.

Description of Work
HVAC new system installed

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the nice words! The guys also enjoyed working with a great customer. You were very understandable and patient with us. Glad to hear all is working great :o)

08/30/2019

Sandra T.

Excellent job. Great to deal with. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replace A/C unit and add heat pump

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! With the hot month of September, I'm sure you were able to give the new heat pump a good test drive, lol. Thanks again, you were great.

07/11/2017

FLORENCE M.

Work Completed On 01/16/2017

06/26/2017

Linda C.

They did a great job. They were fair.

Description of Work
They did some work when we moved into our house.

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

06/12/2017

Peter W.

Provided in a timely manner

Description of Work
HVAC estimate

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

04/11/2017

Wendy C.

Great! No problems.

Description of Work
New boot installed and intake moved and enlarged. Filter added to the furnace for changing instead of at the intake.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

02/23/2017

Linda C.

The work took them two days. They had to install duct work and a compressor. I would use them again and have recommended them to neighbors I am very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
They installed a new heat pump system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/30/2016

01/25/2017

Carole W.

Their technician showed me the solution quickly. A small rotating piece needed to be adjusted. For all I knew, he could gave told me the system had to be replaced. He quickly completed the job for lasting satisfactory results. I'm planning to have them do duct cleaning soon because I was impressed with their honesty.

Description of Work
I've used Simpson's for duct cleaning & air-conditioning repair. When my old Carrier air conditioning stopped working.

Work Completed On 01/25/2017

03/30/2016

Tiffany T.

Description of Work
Removed existing 25 yo gas furnace, replaced with high efficiency HAVC brand of my choice, and added new full house AC using existing duct work.

Work Completed On 02/20/2015

12/07/2015

James M.

Description of Work
I called them twice and they didn't bother to return my calls.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] I am sorry to hear your frustration. Over the past two weeks, we have received over 1,500 calls with people calling needing heat. We are literally averaging over 100 calls a day. Due to the Holidays coming up, we focus on taking care of the emergency calls first. These are mainly elderly people and/or those with special needs go to the top of the list. From there, we get to our maintenance customers. As the calls come in, Danielle in our office forwards them to Serrina in the service department. Nobody in our office has any record of you calling in. Please call me on my cell phone directly and I can make sure we get in touch. My cell is 707-495-9837. I'm sorry to see that this had to go to Angie's List and we never go to prove our in-home service. Please call back and we can get you on the schedule. At this time, we have some openings next week.

09/29/2015

Bob D.

Description of Work
Very good job overall - From first contact through clean-up they were informative, worked with us on details and were very conscientious about being in our living space.

Work Completed On 09/16/2015

09/26/2015

Robert S.

everything was perfect. they came when promised, did an extremely high-quality installation with all the bells & whistles, and even did some stuff that wasn't included in the contract such as installing a free carbon monoxide detector. the workmanship was top-notch. i have absolutely no complaints of any kind. john roncone was superb. the best part was their price, $11,000 after $2,650 in PG&E rebates. their competitor Moore Heating & A/C quoted me $21,000 net after rebates for the EXACT same Carrier system, the same furnace and A/C model numbers even. and Simpson's price included larger diameter ducting than Moore quoted, and a 2nd air intake which Moore did not include. I SAVED TEN THOUSAND BUCKS -- and got a top-quality system. at my job, i have supervised installation of commercial HVAC systems of up to 50 tons in our office buildings of up to 25,000 square feet and am VERY familiar with HVAC from a buyer's standpoint. Simpson's is THE BEST i ever dealt with.

Description of Work
removed 38-year old central air-conditioner and 43-year old furnace. removed original asbestos-covered air ducts. installed top-of-the-line Carrier Infinity-series A/C and furnace, all new air ducts, two new air intakes, and computerized control system.

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

Thank you for taking the time to review [Member name removed]! I'm glad you are very happy with your system. Look forward to servicing your HVAC for years to come.

06/29/2015

Derick B.

Not the cheapest, but most responsive, communicative and knowledgeable in the pre sale process. Work was completed on time, and appears to be perfectly professional. Provided ample assistance in receiving rebates for the high efficiency products. Highly satisfied.

Description of Work
New 95% efficiency HVAC, new ductwork throughout 1650 sqft 2 storey house.

Work Completed On 04/22/2015

02/15/2015

Dyan B.

We did a lot of research before going with Simpson. We sourced with three different companies, Simpson, a well known company out of Napa and another well known company from Vallejo. Initially all three companies responded to our first request which was a home visit to review our needs. This is where the differences occurred. Simpson was the only company that followed up immediately with a complete breakdown of what we asked for. It took the other two companies up to a week to get back to us. Even with their lack of response we decided to go with the Napa company so we proceeded to go to the next steps. This is where they fell short, we were ready to get the job done before the end of the year however they failed to get back to us. We then decided to follow up with the Vallejo company and once again even after we had a contract and we're ready to sign they failed to do some additional follow up and while even the manager promised to get back to us we didn't hear from them. This is when we called Simpson back and immediately the day of our call John had a contract to us with everything we asked for and an installation date set. The job started on Feb 9, Jose, Michael and Robert did an outstanding job. They made sure our home was protected as the took out and installed the furnace, air conditioner and water heater. They cleanup up each of the two days there were here, the install looks great and the new equipment works perfectly. Jose did a little further follow up a couple days later and again he did a very clean and professional job. The day after the install John sent us our follow up warrenty information with all the instructions on how to register. Overall, Simpson exceeded our expectations. My recommendation is don't mess around like we did with other companies the service you'll get from Simpson beats all of them hand down.

Description of Work
New furnace, air conditioner and tankless waterheater

Work Completed On 02/09/2015

01/28/2015

Richard C.

Description of Work
Simson Sheet Metal replaced our old gas heater and AC evaporator. They also sealed our heating ducts and tested the system. The work was done in a professional manner and completed on time. Great Job.

Work Completed On 12/29/2012

11/16/2013

Clayton M.

Description of Work
I used Simpson Sheet Metal, Heating and Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 11/11/2012

12/25/2012

Barbara D.

It was a completely satisfactory business situation.

Description of Work
In the coldest week of the year, January 2012, my furnace blew up. It was very old and time to go. We called everywhere for estimates and a contractor friend here, David Koch of Koch Construction, suggested Simpson Sheet Metal. He gives all his heating and air conditioning business to Simpson. We phoned, got the absolutely best price, they were out there immediately upon receiving the shipment, and I had a cozy warm home again. They could not have been more professional. Aside from the miserable cold while waiting for the furnace, it was all-in-all a satisfactory experience working with Simpson Sheet Metal.

Work Completed On 01/16/2012

12/21/2012

Nathan R.

The process with Simpson Sheet Metal, Heating & Air Conditioning went really well. The guy was really friendly, really easy to work with. I had a really weird situation that he was willing to walk in to and talk with me about my options. I was trying to turn my garage in to an office. There were some definite heating problems with the garage: the sun beating on it, the freezer that was in there generating heat. We talked a lot of options and he gave me a quote that was really high but was necessarily so, just as a function of what I was asking him to do. So it was a positive experience. So much so that when I had another question I called him up and he just talked to me about it, he didn't even charge me for the time. He said, no, I can't do that because xyz but I'm happy to talk to you about it - oh and by the way I can probably do that air conditioning that you failed to get installed for about the same price. So, we'll probably end up going with him for the air conditioning because his price is reasonable and his manner and professionalism is really good.

Description of Work
Simpson Sheet Metal, Heating & Air Conditioning manufacture ducting, which often has to be custom made. He quoted on air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, metal restoration

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

11/29/2012

Nicole B.

Since the problem wouldn't happen while the technician was at the house, he charged for system check so that we qualified for a rebate and he gave me a weekend emergency contact in case it wouldn't come on later in the weekend. 20 yr. old system worked for the rest of the winter without problem. I loved the technician's concern for my family and efforts to get me the most cost effective option.

Description of Work
Came to check heater b/c would not come on periodically. Couldn't find problem or duplicate, but cleaned system and performed check.

Work Completed On 10/25/2011