Chaparral Pavers of Santa Maria

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2010

PO Box 2517

Santa Maria, CA 93457

Pavers experts, Chaparral Enterprises specializes in design and installation of paver driveways, walkways and patios. Tasteful, scalable and durable—our installation will be the last you'll ever need. 100% Guaranteed. Call Chaparral today. You'll love to come home....

09/21/2017

Cynthia W.

The paver path is a work of art!

Description of Work
Paver path installed

09/17/2016

Paul M.

We had an AMAZING experience working with Fernando and his wonderful team. From our first unhurried, thorough phone call to explore ideas and options, to the successful completion of our project, this process went perfectly! Fernando listened attentively to our design ideas, offered insightful suggestions, and promptly provided a clear, detailed bid. When we couldn't quite afford to do everything we initially wanted, he worked with us to slightly modify the plans to get the most we could within our budget. (Incidentally, the design we settled on turned out to be not only less expensive, but we think better than the original idea.) Though we originally scheduled a project start time of six weeks out, through a stroke of luck his team was able to come start the job within a few weeks, and in under ten days our yard was transformed. Every one of the guys was polite, friendly, professional, and considerate; they were truly a pleasure to have around, always cleaning up the job site at the end of each day and hosing down the driveway for us. The results truly exceeded our expectations; the patios are gorgeous, the plant choices they helped us make were exactly right, and they even added in a few small boulders at no charge to complete the look. At every step Fernando and the others were very much available to answer questions, and continually consulted with us to be certain they knew exactly what we wanted. As a little gift, they even left at our new garden box a little bag with his-and-hers gardening gloves, seed packets, a trowel and extra sprayers. Our backyard, formerly a long, narrow strip of grass pitted with gopher holes and full of weeds, is now a haven for us, and somehow feels twice the size it used to! In the two weeks since completion, we've spent more time out here than in a year beforehand. (I'm out here writing this review right now!) The project came in just under budget, and my husband and I both wholeheartedly agree it was worth every cent. We will absolutely call them to come back when we save up enough to do the front yard, and we would unreservedly recommend Chapparal Pavers to anyone who wants to create a beautiful outdoor space at their home.

Description of Work
We contracted with Chapparal Pavers to give our backyard a makeover; sod removal, installation of two brick paver patios, construction of a raised redwood planter bed for a vegetable garden , installation of drip line to needed areas, replacement of some sod, a few planting areas and some gravel.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, patios

05/09/2016

Lesley G.

Fernando and his crew removed all of the concrete from our driveway, removed and saved old pavers from our courtyard, and removed all of our weed-choked lawn. They levelled these areas for the first time ever! After levelling the area, they packed it and installed the pavers. The entire project took about 3 weeks, and it looks fabulous. Besides "just" the pavers, he installed grates and drains to keep water from pooling on the driveway and walkway. He relocated water and electric accesses that had been add-ons after the house was built and put them in places that made sense and were much more attractive. They redid the sprinklers and put in high quality sod. The final step was a sealer for the pavers. We had a scheduled vacation immediately afterwards, and Fernando came by to hand water the new grass since we couldn't use the sprinklers for several days after the application of the sealer. When we came home after a week away, we pulled halfway into the driveway and stopped. The front of our home looked so good, it actually took our breath away! Even a couple of months out, we are still so impressed with what an outstanding job Fernando and his crew did. Fernando's slogan and web address is 100% accurate. I love to come home!

Description of Work
Fernando came to our home, discussed our wants and needs, and created a design for creating our new driveway, walk, and courtyard using pavers; and location and placement of new sod. Fernando worked within our budget. Using his expertise as a contractor, he offered advice and solutions on things that we wouldn't have otherwise been aware of, such as drainage, location of electric and water access. He took us on a tour to see some of his other work in the area, to demonstrate the differences in color and layout, and as evidence of the excellent quality of work. Fernando provided samples and catalogs for the colors and layout of the pavers, from which we made our choices.

08/23/2015

Marilyn H.

Impressed that my opinion on Angie's List moved this encounter in a positive direction.

Description of Work
After submitting my initial review: "Nothing, he never called me back after coming by house", Fernando called me. Apparently there was some misunderstanding. Fernando was under the impression that he gave me a ball park figure on the day he came out to my house. He relayed the information over the phone and I was pleased that he did so.

Category hardscaping

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Glad I was able to get you the approximate cost estimate you were looking for.

08/20/2015

June S.

Description of Work
He put in more sod and more sprinklers.

12/18/2014

Trina L.

Description of Work
Fernando and his crew remodeled our backyard. They removed old, broken sidewalks, eliminated two sets of steps that led into our house by adjusting the slope of the yard, put down decomposed granite and pavers, and built a lovely raised bed for gardening. | |We weren't sure what we wanted, but Fernando listened to us and designed a yard that completely suited our needs. The quality of the work is great and we're very happy. The Chaparral crew was quiet, polite and helpful, and worked very hard to do the job right. | |We highly recommend Chaparral and will definitely use them again.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

10/09/2014

June S.

It went fine. He was on the job and did well. The took the old sod out by hand. They even came back the second day to make sure all the old sod was dead. He also had a contractors license. I would recommend him. I thought it was a little pricey but he did a lot of pre-work and was very appreciative.

Description of Work
He put installed sod and sprinklers for my back yard. He also did a little cement border.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

12/22/2013

Glen A.

I own a home on a half acre lot. I had the entire sprinkler system overhauled with new valves, sprinkler heads, solar monitor. I replaced some sod. I had a new walkway installed with pavers and expanded the back patio area with pavers. I had the large planter box redone with new plants and a water fountain. Chaparral also removed two trees and replaced with new shrub bushes. I had a new walkway brick retainer wall installed. I originally had budgeted about $12K for the landscape work I wanted done but one thing led to another and I relied on the owner's (Fernando) recommendations and the bill had reached $25K by the time the dust settled and the optional items were added. The job took his crew about three weeks to complete. Chaparral does nice work but it obviously can get pretty pricey. There aren't a lot of good landscape contractors in my area so it was difficult to do much comparison shopping for estimates. My conclusion is that you get what you pay for. Chaparral cost a lot but they also did a lot and the quality of their work was good and I don't have any complaints about their work. Fernando wasn't very easy to reach on a daily basis since he does not spend much time at the job site but rather has his foreman and crew handle the daily remodeling tasks. He does want you be happy with the finished product so he is a contractor who ultimately cares about quality of his company's work. The place does look good and I'm getting compliments so I can't complain too much about the cost.

Description of Work

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service, fountains, hardscaping, patios

11/21/2012

William O.

Chaparrel Enterprises was professional in all areas of performance. There workers were knowledgeable, efficient and cleaned up after each days work.

Description of Work
The work performed included the complete removal of an existing brick and concrete patio, lawn and plant material. Installing a back patio, and walkways with pavers. Installing an irrigation system for approximately 55 new plants. Installing a low voltage LED landscape lighting system. Installed a fountainscape water feature.

Category irrigation systems, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios