American Relocation & Logistics

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2010

3.7

13565 Larwin Cir

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

At American Relocation & Logistics, we know what it’s like to move. We know about the stress, critical timing and organizational challenges involved. Our experts are trained to help with packing, storage, transportation and other specialized needs. With our stellar reputation and years of experience, you will enjoy peace of mind and the confidence of knowing your belongings will arrive on time and intact....

06/22/2015

John W.

Description of Work
Moving us from PA to Ontario, canada. | |Damage to property costing us money to fix for new owners. damage and loss of property moved. Key expensive items missing in move plus items found in move that were marked to stay at old property.

06/17/2014

Ron K.

The move went well with the loading out of the van by three people including the driver (Larry). Larry controlled all of the moving with some one else controlling the packing. The gentleman who packed the pictures and antiques also serviced the grandfather clock which wasn't part of his job. He request additional money for doing that. Larry set him straight on that not happening. I was very impressed with the driver as he made sure that everything was done correctly. As for the unloading I had a few minor problems but not nothing to big that I couldn't handle. The packer didn't do a great job of packing the pictures. The glass on one of the pictues was broken. The box they were in was not damaged. The driver delivered the furniture on a Sunday which was 4 days after he left. I was happy as we were sleeping on a blow up mattress. The first box off the truck was dropped and it happened to be my everyday plates and bowls. I lost 5 plates and 3 bowls. This is a good time to explain about the insurance you get for free through the moving company. I states on every piece of paper that if damage occurs the moving company with pay 60 cent on the pound for damage. Not to put that in perspective, If you have a 50 inch HDTV that weighs 20 pounds and they are going to give you 60 cents a pound then it will not cover getting a new one. Normally your homeowners or renters insurance will cover any damage. check with your insurance company to find out if your covered. Two of my antiques were damaged, however; I work with wood and was able to repair the antiques to presentable usage. Because the furniture was delivered over a holiday Larry couldn't find any qualified help to unload the furniture. ( the person when called said it was a holiday and he couldn't work.) So he and his assistant unloaded the truck by themselves. They did a great job and didn't have t worry about having someone they have never worked with before. All in all the move went as expected and I was happy with the provider.

Description of Work
American Relocation & Logistics moved us from Pomona, CA to Rathdrum, Idaho. The move was estimated to be min of 4 day with a possible 10 days. The provider packed all my antiques and pictures with myself packing the rest. All the loading and unloading was preformed by the provider.

07/25/2013

Pam L.

I had a representative out to give me an estimate for cost of moving across the country from California to Indiana. He was prompt, courteous, and professional. However, I chose to go with another company as their ratings on Angie's List were higher and the reviews spoke better of the company.

Description of Work
Estimate cost of cross country move.

12/18/2012

Lorraine F.

They were wonderful. The price was competative. They packed everythign with great care. It was even fun having them around.

Description of Work
They moved my home cross-country.

09/11/2012

Terri N.

hey were one of two companies who came out and gave me an estimate. I thought from the thoroughness of the estimator that their price would be higher than the other one's, who's guy was easygoing and laidback. Not so. This company came in with a very reasonable price to move a 5 bedroom house of stuff, about $1800. We had to move the date twice because of delays in escrow closing; both times the ladies on the phone were accomodating. Day of move, the men were punctual and got right to work. They raised the price because they discovered they couldn't park the truck in the courtyard, so all our stuff had to be walked down a long driveway. This made it longer for them. Still they finished between 5-6pm. Only one cabinet door on a sideboard was damaged. It wasn't a big deal and we didn't report it. Overall, they were efficient, prompt and well-priced.

Description of Work
They moved a 5 bedroom house of stuff to another home, from Agoura Hills to Santa Rosa Valley/Camarillo.

09/06/2012

Marie R.

They showed up early which may not sound like such a bad thing for some people. For us, it was not a good thing. They did an okay job. I would say that they were a little careless in certain areas like stacking things up that are are too heavy on top of other things. I had a few things that were lost, which for the life of me, make no sense such as lampshades.

Description of Work
I used American Moving and Storage in Anaheim last April for moving services.

04/30/2012

Gregory S.

They messed up out lot, and I do not recommend them at all. They hired people that are not able to speak English, so when I think I am communicating with them they do not understand anything, so they broke a pipe and our wall and they did not reimburse us even after I contacted the owner several times. They won’t take responsibility for it. Their price was average.

Description of Work
I used Mayflower for moving services.

04/02/2012

Kathi M.

They did a terrible job. They broke my television--granted it was an older television, but it was almost in pieces upon arrival. The worst part was that the employee who moved the television lied about who broke it and basically blamed me for the incident. American Relocations and Logistics treated the incident like it was "no big deal" and told me to just file a claim! They did nothing to resolve the issue and this left me very disappointed. The price was not very reasonable for services performed . It was just a terrible experience overall and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They moved me across country to my new home in Florida.

Category moving companies

The move to Boynton Beach, Fl was the second time the member called upon American Relocation & Logistics/Mayflower Transit to assist her with her moving needs. We are sorry the move to FL was not up to the standards of the previous move. The member's claim for the TV was acknowledged and settled based on the valuation she selected for her move: Full Value Protection with a $1000.00 deductible. The amount claimed for the TV replacement was $200.00. The claim did not exceed the deductible. As a gesture of goodwill, American Relocation & Logistics has sent a check to the member for $100.00.

05/18/2011

Brian A.

It was Mayflower, which was a good trusted brand. The only issue we had was that they gave us a window and they kind of verbally indicated that they could deliver before Christmas but they couldn't deliver until after Christmas. Their prices were very competitive. We would use them again.

Description of Work
We used American Relocation & Logistics for moving.

10/08/2010

Nathaniel G.

This was the 2nd time we hired American Relocation, and again it went very smoothly. The salesperson who provided an estimate was prompt and efficient. The moving crew showed up on time, worked hard (on a very hot day), and finished half an hour under the estimated time. The company gave us a refund for the unused half hour. We had a lot of boxes and heavy items to move, including a piano, and the crew did it all quickly and cheerfully, including lowering a sofa over the balcony because it wouldn't fit in the elevator or stairwell. When we arrived at the house, they were careful to put runners over the hardwood floor before moving items in, and they followed the instructions written on each box as to where it should go. The only negative comments I have are that the company didn't provide a mirror box as requested (so the crew wrapped the mirror in blankets and it was fine), and that the crew didn't call us when their lunch break turned out to be an hour longer than expected. All considered, these are very minor and I'd definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Move contents of a 2-bedroom, 2nd-floor apartment to a one-story house.

07/03/2006

BERNICE & STEVE P.

Some things were handled very roughly. They billed me and billed me, I paid all bills. I checked on this and found I have over paid them. They won't discuss it with me. I haven't heard from them in 2 weeks. They are going to try to find something that they missed, but they won't call me back. I think that the name Mayflower should be removed from their advertisement. That was the only reason I hired them. People rely on a good, long standing company.

Description of Work
They moved me.

Category moving companies

The member alledges that we overcharged her for transportation and storage of her goods by $1,822.81. In fact we have billed her for an additional $862.19, which she has not paid. She has forgotten that she received 2 invoices for her storage. The first for $7,873.86 covered our services from pick up to 12/26/05, her shipment came into storage as an interstate shipment. Interstate storage is limited to 180 days. On December 26, 2005, the shipment converted to permanent storage ( a letter was sent to her). Invoices were sent monthly for the permanent storage. The total amount for the local storage through 3/31/06 was $2,829.35. Using the copies of checks provided by the member, she paid us by check, cashier's check and credit card a total of $9,696.67. We, however, have invoiced her for $10,703.49. As you can see, we have not overcharged her, in fact we are still owed money for the service we provided. Regarding her statement about the rough handling of her goods, she does have the opportunity to provide file a claim for documented damage to any of the items we provided storage for. Additionally, we have answered her questions previously, I don't know what else we can do for her. JoeMagill, General Manager, American Relocation & Logistics.

01/22/2006

PATRICIA W.

The movers were very polite and professional. They moved the new furniture in and took out the old furniture. Delivered a refrigerator and hooked it up.

Description of Work
To deliver furniture. And to put furniture together. To relocate furniture within the home.

Let's Move It Right

Family owned company serving the San Fernando Valley since 1995. We have 5 local moving trucks, and 3 long distance trailers. Moving team has at minimum 5 years experience. We are happy to provide free onsite estimates for Angie's List members. We have experience moving pianos.

Socal Movers LLC

Hi there Moving? Need something delivered? Just Labor work? Whatever your needs we can help. We are a Family owned and operated company who takes pride in what we do. We come with free stuff boxs, tape, shrinkwrap, furniture pads, wardrobe boxs, tools, and much more. Licensed and insured. Let us take the stress out of moving for you. Call any time 8am - 9pm so we can get you moving. Thank you (714)902-1428 YOURSOCALMOVERS.com

RockStar Pro Movers

Rockstar Pro Movers is your premier provide of long distance moving services within the state of California. We take care of your belongings as if they were our own. Whether you only need a truck with an experienced driver or you need door-to-door delivery, we are always happy to assist you. We offer great prices, great quality, and professionalism. We believe that everyone should be treated like a Rockstar, and we are here to ensure that everything goes well. Call us today for all of your residential, commercial, local, and long distance moves.

Moving & storage facilities.