Elite Energy Improvements

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2014

3.4

18345 Sierra Hwy Ste 6

Santa Clarita, CA 91351

DBA: Energy Home Improvements Inc. Our company continuously adapts to customers needs. After being in the industry for 10+ years we have figured out the best way to serve our customers. There is always a level of professionalism maintained. Unlike the majority of the industry, all of our workers are hourly paid employees. They come out in full uniform. No job is rushed because our hourly paid employees take their time to deliver perfection. We have a $500 minimum project....

07/14/2016

JOHN M.

Category interior painters

01/27/2015

Penny W.

I cancelled the contract the next day and still have not received my deposit back. It seems like they were lying about the work that would be done, the whole thing seems shady!

Description of Work
They signed a contract to do our roof.

Category insulation

We were not lying about the work we would do. I'm sorry that we didn't come across as trustworthy. We recognize and respect your cancellation. As stated in the paperwork, we require a written notice of cancellation for a refund to be issued. I will post this here. Please send a typed out letter to 18345 Sierra Highway Unit 6 Santa Clarita, Ca 91351 As soon as we receive it we can close out the file and issue the refund by Cashiers Check and mail it out to your residence. I do regret that we weren't able to perform the work on your home. Our work is outstanding as many others have testified. One thing you wouldn't have regretted was the quality we would have delivered. We are always excited to complete a project for a customer because they ultimately become customers for life. We would even be willing to complete the 70% of the work before accepting any further payment so that we may earn your trust. However, I do understand that we cannot win them all. Feel free to call me direct to my cell phone if you have any more questions from here forward. Otherwise, I will personally be handling your refund. Dominique 818-605-7620 Thank you for even allowing us the opportunity to compete for your business.

12/07/2014

Vanessa L.

Went extremely well. Started with the inside and did it fairly quickly as to not inconvenience us too much. Completed my entire interior in only 4 days. Then they immediately started with the outside with their fancy coating. I swear I can feel a difference already. I absolutely recommend.

Description of Work
Painted interior and exterior of home.

Category house painters, interior painters

12/04/2014

Nansea C.

They are great! They are coming back out on Monday to finish the job. They are thorough, professional, on time, and are doing a great job for us.

Description of Work
They are doing interior painting of the house.

Category interior painters

11/11/2013

Amanda S.

I had actually called this company for a quote on painting my house, but we ended up hiring them to build us a block wall in the backyard (a short retaining/garden cinder block wall). They wanted more than another company had quoted us, but Dominique Villarreal (brother of the owner) promised us he would also rebuild our 8 foot front gate/fence, which was in really bad shape. He said he wanted to show us "what he could do" to earn future business with us. Well, he totally screwed that up. Everything started out OK. We put down our deposit to begin the work and signed the contract that promised the wall and fence would be done in 10 days. Sounds awesome. The workers showed up on Monday and began working (with half of the remaining cost given to them to start work - we were paying in cash too, FYI). Everything went OK for the next couple of days. The problems began around the day they were getting ready to beginning putting down the base. After the concrete was poured the guys left around 2 pm without a word. Not normally a problem, except that I was working from home for the week (so I could keep the dogs inside while the worked, and also so they had access to the electrical outlets since there are none outside) and no one bothered to update me on the schedule for the work, or anything else for that matter. There were several days during the week I stayed home only to have them not show up. Concrete is setting? That's great. Maybe you should let me know that so I can go back to work in the meantime. At this point everything was starting to go downhill. For the two days the workers were gone they left a huge mess in the backyard. The mess associated with the actual work didn't bother me, but the GARBAGE they left all over the place did. When I went outside to clean it up there were drink containers and food wrappers everywhere. Everything was covered in ants! One of them even left a disgusting ice chest full of water (from the melted ice), food scraps, and trash. It was completely disgusting. I ended up cleaning everything up myself. There were a lot of other problems too... 1.) The communication between sales (Dominique) and the workers was awful. We had discussed everything we wanted, but the workers would constantly ask us again what they were supposed to be doing. We told them several times that the wall was to stop at the same point as the bottom of the fence. My husband showed them twice. They still built the wall one row of cinderblocks too high. 2.) I had just painted my patio (brand new), before they began work on the wall. They splattered concrete all over my newly painted posts and left it there to dry. 3.) Since we're working on the yard I have very few items out there, aside from a barbeque, some tools and one small wooden table. They were using the table to set things on while they worked (which I didn't mind), but at some point near the end of the job they broke it. After they "cleaned up" (I use the quotes for a reason), I found the table laying off in the corner, with one of the supporting arms snapped (it was a folding table). 4.) Speaking of "cleaning up", when the put all of the dirt they dug out back behind the new wall, they didn't even bother to remove the garbage and construction materials that they threw on top of the dirt after they made the pile in the yard. Why would you toss old roots, broken pieces of cinder block, and PVC pipe into a pile of dirt you know is being returned to the planter? That's completely unprofessional. Not to mention they couldn't be bothered to level the dirt out, so I've spent several weekends shoveling dirt by hand from one end of the 60 foot wall to the other. And I was able to pull about 3 wheelbarrows full of crap out of the dirt while I was shoveling, too (empty cement bags, broken cinder blocks, tree roots and broken wood, trash, PVS pipe, and even a whole sleeve of nail gun nails - I'm sure my dogs would have loved to step on those.) Oh, and just to top things off... when they finished the wall the guy in charge asked us for the second half of the money, which we then give to him. He proceeds to tell us that we owe an additional $300 because we didn't give him enough at the beginnning of the job. WHAT?! We had the exact amount of money in a special envelope and I know exactly how much we gave them (including the check we wrote for the deposit). After arguing with them for a while and telling them we weren't paying any more because they couldn't keep tracking of money, they finally took the money and left. At this point the backyard was still a disaster and we still don't have our new fence. Keep in mind, they've already taken the old fence and date down in order to get the forklift on the side yard with all of the materials. So they disappear for a few days again before coming back for some of their tools and to clean up. The guy tells us, "I brought the brackets to fix your gate." I tell him, "No, you're supposed to build a new fence and gate, not just fix the old one." I show him the contract that clearly states, "Remove old fence and gate, approx. 8 feet. Discard. Build new fence and gate." He mutters something about doing it Tuesday, and that's the last we've seen or heard of them! My husband has left a voicemail, and I've emailed Dominique (last time on 11/4), with no response. I can only assume they're not returning to build the fence and gate we already paid for! So now I have a medicore block wall in my backyard, a concrete splattered patio, a broken table, and no fence/gate between my driveway and side yard! Working with this company is a freaking nightmare. Don't do it.

Description of Work
Back yard retaining/garden wall. And they were SUPPOSED to do our fence/front gate.

Category driveway gates

Isaac's Ironworks Inc

At Isaacs’s Ironworks we specialize in custom work serving the greater Los Angeles area and surrounding for over 19 years. A one time customer is something we try to avoid, that is why we devote so much time and energy to understanding your needs and getting them done quickly and cost effectively. We work with architects and designers and can create a beautiful structural & misc. steel product from blue print or your own design weather you are building from scratch or remodeling. At Isaac’s Ironworks we take much pride at our staff of experienced representative. When you call us you can expect to talk with someone who has knowledge and experience and truly understand your need, and the ability to provide to you when you need it. You can always count on us with innovation and customer service. We have in house design capabilities, and can handle all type of custom work. As Seen on Ellen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2geYFcqd2Y&feature=player_embedded. Additional fax - (818) 982-1984 wining.

House Painting Inc

Additional Phones - (800) 540-6004, (818) 957-1202, (626) 350-1578, (310) 477-9667, (818) 888-1857, (310) 540-5005, (323) 730-0544. Award wining. 10 employees. Over 730 happy reviews from Angie's List members. Please visit our website at www.housepaintinginc.com

CertaPro Painters of Northridge-Granada Hills

We are your local, full-service painting contractors, providing exterior painting and interior painting and all related services including preparation, priming, carpentry repairs, specialty coatings and help with color selection. We have the skills and experience to meet the needs of virtually any painting project. After a successful 20-year career in financial and operational management, John decided he wanted to be in business for himself. Opening CertaPro Painters to serve the residential and commercial painting needs of the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys has given him the opportunity to leverage his vast experience in project management and customer service. John's ongoing goal is to create a company that provides an outstanding painting experience for his customers 100% of the time. John Villar, the owner of CertaPro Painters of Northridge - Granada Hills, and his wife Tami both grew up in the San Fernando Valley and are active members of the community. Outside of work, John enjoys spending time with his 3 children, playing guitar and playing softball.

Exterior Painting – Latex & Special Lifetime Coating. Interior Painting. Insulation – Attic & Wall. Window Installation. Gutter Repair & Replacement.

Handymen Services