Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2005

3.8

2831 West 1st Street

Santa Ana, CA 92703

We provide comprehensive, competitively-priced moving services from San Diego to Fresno and throughout all 50 states. We execute local, long distance and international moves for household and office relocations. In addition, we have a vast range of specialized moving services for the transport of

10/27/2016

June D.

A couple of items wound up broken, a few wound up missing, and they repacked some of my boxes in order to make more room on their truck for other customers. I was bothered by all of it. I had everything pre-organized for me to move in, and they didn't even bother asking me to do so. Everything felt rushed. All of that, and I didn't even get all of my belongings delivered at once. They brought half of my things on the first load, and half on another, about a month apart. I'll never use another company like this again. Instead, I'll only work with a nationwide mover that's using a dedicated truck. At this point, I'm questioning why I went through the trouble of all the preparation. All things considered, at least the price was reasonable (I saved $5,000!), and I didn't have to drive 1,700 miles in a U-Haul. I'd say I was 90% satisfied, overall.

Description of Work
I hired them to move me from California to Washington.

Category moving companies, storage units

01/26/2015

Susan C.

They moved my house to storage until I found a house in Virginia. They were awful. They lost boxes, a book case and art work. The driver was supposed to hire local people to help unload my grand piano but they did not. They refused to unload the truck till they were paid. Some of my boxes were delivered to other people and I received other peoples boxes. They just left my patio furniture un-assembled and lost the hardware to assemble it. It was a terrible experience and do not recommend them.

Description of Work
I used them to move from California to Virginia.

04/14/2014

Dr Floyd H.

The salesman Jerry Durham was not detail oriented and would not detail in the contract where the safe was to be placed in Maine. Google maps were used to show where the safe would need to be placed. I went over that item several times regarding weight and placement and he would not state the placement in bid. The driver Wallace Gibbs was very personable and professional. I went over the safe issue again with Wallace and he said that it would be okay as they do this all the time. Upon delivery he was on time, however the number of helpers that he expected to assist from the local North American company did not arrive and the whole unloading and placement carried on until after 11:00PM. At that time, DARK OUTSIDE, he said they would not be able to place the safe in the lower garage. He said that the local company would need to complete the work. The next week I received a call from an Alex Moving manager and was told that the local company needed $185.00 to complete the move, i.e., the safe. I was forced to pay the $185.00 to complete the move. This brought the $13,235.00 original cost to $13,420.00. I need a refund of $185.00.

Description of Work
Transported household furnishings to Maine. The pickup in Camarillo, CA went according to plan. The delivery in Scarborough, ME was where the plan fell apart. POORLY!

03/14/2014

Jamileh A.

He was courteous and very professional. He took a very thorough survey of my place and gave me a detailed printout of the services that would be provided.

Description of Work
Provided an in-home estimate. I did not use the service for reasons unrelated to the company. I would use them in the future.

06/06/2012

Steve R.

We basically moved two households into one. It was a large, complex move and as far as the packing, and transport, everything as very very well done! In particular we opted for the guaranteed price with insurance and the woman who was our representative had a great personality and was very sensitive to our needs. As it turned out, they underestimated the weight and cost of the trip, but our price was not adjusted. They could have chosen to change the rate and charge us the full amount, but they really stepped up and stood by the estimated price they gave us at the start. Some people intentionally give a low bid to secure the job, then raise the price once it's started but these people did not do that at all and that speaks volumes to the honesty and integrity of the company!

Description of Work
I hired them to move us from Anaheim to Reno.

06/09/2010

LINDA P.

See above !

Description of Work
Alex Duarte, from Alex Moving & Storage, came ontime to give us a very reasonable estimate on our move from Irvine to CDM. On the moving day, the movers were ontime, professional, & very helpful. They did a great job overall & we're hoping to use the company on an upcoming move.

05/26/2010

Sharif A.

The estimate process went so lousy that I decided that I did not want to use them for my move. I scheduled and appointment with the company for a representative to come to my home to give me an estimate on the cost of my move. The first appointment was scheduled for April 20, 2010 at 2 pm. The representative who was supposed to perform the estimate was "Brenda". My mother-in-law altered her schedule so that she could be home for the inspection. Well, at about 3:30 pm, after Brenda did not show up, I called her on her cell phone and she stated that she neglected to put my appointment in her outlook calendar. She apologized stating she could not make it to the house for the estimate. She asked If I would be available the next day, Wednesday April 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm., I said I would, and we rescheduled. On Wednesday April 21, she called me stating she was sick and would be cancelling our appointment. She told me that someone would call me on Thursday the 22nd to re-reschedule. As of 3:30 EST, no one called. Therefore, I called the company and spoke to "Anna". Anna asked me when I planned to move, and I told her the weekend of May 29th. Anna then suggested that someone could come by on Monday May 3rd. I told her that was not acceptable because that would be too close to the move as I had other companies coming out to give estimates and I wanted to include their estimate in my decision making process. I wanted to make my decision prior to May 3rd. She put me on hold and came back and told me that someone could come out that evening at 8pm. Alex Duarte came out and took a visual inspection of the items we needed to move. The items were in two locations, our condo, and a storage facility located about 5 miles from the condo. After the inspection of both places, Alex gave my mother in law the estimate from the condo but not from the storage room. My mother in law asked that he email the complete estimate including both locations to me (since I am coordinating the move). After 4 or 5 days of back and forth with the company and quite a few phone calls, and after asking for Alex's supervisor, I finally got the complete estimate sent to me. I thought the estimate was reasonable but after all of the problems I had in just getting an estimate, I figured the move would be a chaotic mess and I decided not to use them.

Description of Work
The company sent representatives out to the home to provide and estimate for my move from California to Maryland.

02/27/2010

Bonita K.

This is the second time I have used Alex Moving and Storage. The first time was in 2007, and they did an excellent job. However, when I moved again a few months later, I could not find their paperwork and had forgotten their name. I ended up using Starving Students Moving, which was a HORRIBLE mistake. When I went to move again, I did find their name. The estimator, Judy, did a very good job of explaining everything and gave me a "not to exceed guaranteed" estimate that was $300 less than the other estimate I had received. They sent 3 men, who arrived promptly at 8:00 AM. They worked hard and efficiently, and were cheerful and cooperative, doing anything I asked them to do. They did not break a single knick-knack, and finished almost exactly in the estimated time (the estimate was 8 hours; it took about 8 1/2 hours). I will definitely use them when I move again.

Description of Work
They moved me from a 2 bedroom condo in Laguna Woods (in south Orange County) to a 3 bedroom condo in Huntington Beach (in north Orange County), approx. 25 miles.

12/20/2009

BOB T.

Yet unfinished

Description of Work
Estimate for 10,000 lbs CA to HI was $10,000. Arrived with only 9474 lbs. After arrival, advised by movers in Hawaii that I vastly overpaid. No refund was forthcoming from Alex. Only after I complained in numerous emails, was a miserly $93 grudgingly promised by Alex. That was a month ago - still no refund.

08/02/2006

TERRY C.

They were very good and very efficient. So far, everything I've unpacked I haven't had any breakage or damage. They answered all my questions. They told me they would be there at 8:30 and they were there right on the dot.

Description of Work
They helped move from California to San Antonio. They packed everything up and moved everything into my new house. They also transported my car.

10/14/2005

DENISE V.

THEY WERE EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL IN MOVING. THE TEAM THEY SENT WAS ON TIME AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. NOT ONE THING IN OUR COMPLETE HOME WAS BROKEN OR DAMAGED. THEY EVEN PUT RUNNERS IN THE NEW HOME SO WHEN THEY WENT BACK AND FORTH TO THE TRUCK THAT NOTHING WOULD GET ON THE ENTRYWAY OR CARPET. WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
ALEX MOVING CAME IN AND LOADED AND PACKED BOXES FROM A TRI-LEVEL CONDO TO A 3 BEDROOM HOME. THE LOADING AND PACKING TOOK 7 HOURS AND THEY WERE EXTREMELY HELPFUL IN PACKING AND GETTING THE BOXES TO THE RIGHT ROOMS ONCE THEY WERE DELIVERED TO THE NEW HOME.

H2H Movers

H2H Movers, a woman-owned and operated business, was founded on the idea that your move should be easy and stress-free. We are the full-service moving company you can trust to take care of your belongings—and you! Here’s how we do it: Competitive prices. You’ll get high-quality, personal service at the best possible price. Accurate quotes. Expect fully transparent pricing from the very beginning. Secure and efficient process. Our entire team’s priority is making your move as smooth as possible. Our trucks are stocked with moving blankets, packing supplies, and everything else needed to protect your belongings and keep your move efficient. People-oriented. Both you and our team matter to us. We work together throughout your move, and we fully train and take care of our team so we can all take care of you! A company you can trust. We value your trust, so we lead with integrity.

2022 Super Service Award

Good Neighbors Moving Company

At Good Neighbors Moving, in Los Angeles, CA we value our customer's possessions. That is why we guarantee our services, so you can rest easy knowing your personal items are in the hands of professionals. Our moving company offers extremely affordable rates on our expedient moving and packing services. The easiest way to move in LA County. Moving so many families and businesses every year has prepared us for meeting virtually any moving challenge.

Offers Coupon

Morris Moving

Morris Moving and Storage Inc. We are a local licensed, insured moving company with over 40 years in this area. We have a large 13,000 Square Foot Warehouse with over 200 5x7x7 vaults availaible for short term or long term storage, completely secured and safe from the elements, we also have open storage available for larger items at a easy monthly fee. We service all of California, if you are moving locally or anywhere in the state, we can help. We can provide any and all aspects for your move. packing, moving services, for apartments, homes, offices, or larger moves including piano services. We can even load your POD or container for the move. (With a minimum hourly charge ) We charge by the hour with a minimum of hours required (usually 2 or 3) , no extra charges for stairs, long carry, or multiple stops. The hourly fee starts at your door and stops when the move is completed. (Drive time is doubled.) Fuel charges and taxes are also included in the hourly rate. No extra charge for weekends or holidays either. We charge the same hourly rate 7 days a week. If you need 1 truck or more we can help. If you need a short notice move, this is usually not a problem. Free estimates. Our employees will wrap all furniture and take care to make sure your belongings arrive just as they left, if we pack or load. We also will take down and set up your beds! Call today, we can move you tomorrow! 714-889-7987. Our hours are from 7:00am to 10:00pm 7 days a week. Prices only change for the amount of trucks and workers needed to complete the job. Or the cost of materials to pack your belongings, ie: cartons, tape, wrapping paper. These are available on all our trucks, driver has the price list, if needed.

Storage
    Satisfaction

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines

How is Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines overall rated?

Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines is currently rated 3.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines open?

Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines is open:

What payment options does Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines provide

Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offer free estimates?

Yes, Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offers free project estimates.

Does Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offer a senior discount?

No, Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines?

No, Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines does not offer warranties.

What services does Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offer?

Alex Moving & Storage - North American Van Lines offers the following services: FULL-SERVICE RELOCATIONS, CROSS COUNTRY HOUSEHOLD RELOCATIONS, LOCAL & INTRASTATE CALIFORNIA HOUSEHOLD RELOCATIONS, CORPORATE EMPLOYEE RELOCATIONS, OFFICE & INDUSTRIAL MOVING SPECIALISTS, INTERNATIONAL RELOCATIONS, MILITARY APPROVED MOVING COMPANY, COMPUTER & ELECTRONIC RELOCATIONS, PREMOVE CONSULTATION & PREPARATION MEETINGS & RECORD STORAGE.