1-800-GOT-JUNK? San Francisco Bay

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2005

3060 Kerner Blvd

San Rafael, CA 94901

Additional DBA - Junque Distribution Services LLC.

07/20/2015

Dennis B.

Excellent. Outstanding service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Remove junk from garage and home

02/13/2015

James B.

It was expensive and they were extremely professional. In their advertising, they say they re-use much of the junk and i actually called them because they are pretty good at recycling, message and advertising. I gave them two readily recyclable pieces and i was looking for a place where to recycle or reuse them, but they just junked it. The one thing that upset me was that i felt they made a promise in their advertising that they didn't fulfill. The actual guys were really great, but the advertising was kind of misleading.

Description of Work
I used 1-800-GOT-JUNK? San Francisco Bay. They hauled out somethings, such as a stove and a silver rack.

02/20/2014

Adrian F.

Date is approximate. They grossly underestimated cost. Had to wait for them because they did not allow enough time to complete job in one appointment.. Somewhat adjusted bill but did not live by their word. They did not bring correct tools either time.

Category garbage collection

02/12/2013

Sandra V.

The crew arrived on schedule and took less than 90 minutes to clean out the items. After the debris from the basement was cleared, a crew member swept out the area and the surrounding driveway where their truck was parked.

Description of Work
The company was called to clean out a basement and some furniture from a primary residence.

01/14/2013

Candice F.

They showed up on time and were so friendly and polite. Both men did a great job of loading quickly and leaving my side yard neat.

Description of Work
They removed all of the junk from our side yard. I love the fact that everything they take will be recycled not just dumped.

Category hauling services, house cleaning

01/02/2013

James D.

It worked out really well. It was expensive, but they did a good job and got everything cleaned up. They were on time and did a very good job with the work. They were pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
They hauled away trash and junk. This was for two full truckloads.

12/17/2012

Angela K.

So, I took off work on the day they promised to come. They called at the appropriate time to say they were on the way (it was when they said they would come). A team of two young men came, looked at all the boxes with me, the mattresses, the scraps of lumber, the old garden supplies. They gave me an estimate, and I agreed, and they proceeded to work. They lugged the stuff out like some sort of supermen with smiles on their faces. When we got to the end, we reviewed the things I hadn't tagged, and walked around and filled up the load (we were past half full and heading toward a full load by that time). We walked around and I said and quot;Wow, take this!and quot; and and quot;Wow, take that!and quot; I think, start to finish, it couldn't have been much over an hour. They were cheeful, professional, undaunted. They didn't wrinkle their noses at anything they were hauling, and they could have. I considered it costly, but I cannot tell you what a good experience we had with this company. To finish the story, I took a picture of the empty garage and put it in a box for my husband, and he unwrapped it at his belated birthday party at a restaurant. When we came home he went into the garage, and I honestly think from the stunned wonder on his face that it was without a doubt the best birthday present I'd ever gotten him. It did cost more than I would ever spend on a present, but you know, the garbage present was the best, that's what I'm saying:) We still can't put the car in the garage, so we'll wait another 20 years or so, and maybe the kids' kids will take the stuff? Anyway, best company ever, if you can rustle up the money. First you have to sort the stuff. Give yourself six months for that.

Description of Work
We had three generations of detritus in our garage and yard; old records, old clothes, packed in boxes; old mattresses that had suffered from garage vermin over the years; wood we've used in construction, old garden equipment. Our kids left their stuff when they went to college, neatly packed up but never to be retrieved (they've got kids now - how can they retrieve it?). Barrels of trophies, cartonized on shelves the kids built for us before they left:) -- records from my mother, long deceased now. So we spent six months sorting through every last piece of it, moving things we couldn't decide about into plastic containers with lids, marking them for re-sorting from the kids and re-shelving them on the wonderful shelves the kids built, so that they could pick them up sometime when the spirit moved them (they have not yet been so moved:). What we were left with was nearly a garage full of stuff we wanted to throw. We meted it out into our garbage, bought a shredder, and recycled it as we could, but it looked like most of it would have to be taken to the dump at $30 or more per load, It was dirty, crummy stuff, and every time my husband looked at it, his face was a mask of despair. We'd done all the work, but we still had to do all the work! So, he was to be out of town for his birthday, and I called 1-800-Got-Junk. I talked it over with a man there, and we were very speciific over the phone about what it might cost; they will take half loads, or less, so I knew my parameters (I think a full load was about $700). They arrange to come in at a specific time; they review what we're looking at, and give you an estimate on the spot. Then after you've decided what they'll haul, they proceed with their work.

11/27/2012

Jennifer H.

This was a great experience for me! I had all the stuff that I wanted them to haul away in a big pile in the garage, and some rotting wood along the side of the house left from some planter boxes (so, it also had some rusty nails and screws). They (2 guys) gave me an estimate first, then were super-quick and tossed everything in the back of their truck. When they were done loading, they swept up my whole garage!

Description of Work
They hauled away household junk/furniture when we moved.

09/07/2012

tena T.

Everything went well. However, I found the price to be very high, and I have found more competitive prices at other companies. I actually had another company haul away a multitude of items from my garage for just $150.00.

Description of Work
They hauled away an old recliner.

08/21/2012

Barbara S.

Their price is based on height of the load rather than weight, so they did me a favor and did some squishing of stuff inside the bed to meet the estimate. While they are priced higher than some other hauling companies, I appreciated the professionalism and courtesy. Plus, in the past other hauling companies have spread my stuff out on the sidewalk to separate, thus showing everything to my neighbors. 1-800 put everything in the truck to be sorted later. I liked that privacy.

Description of Work
They arrived on time, looked at the stuff that needed hauling and gave me a basic estimate. They went right to work and did a great job of taking the trash (and recyclable articles) from my basement. They cleaned up afterward, sweeping and putting other articles away.

07/21/2012

NOELLE G.

Easy to schedule and worth the money to make space.

Description of Work
Simple hauling job to take away some larger items and things that I'd accumulated that wouldn't go in the trash. They did all the loading, were quick, did a nice clean up and explained all the charges.

06/21/2012

Gregory M.

We had some weather problem, so we had to reschedule it a couple of times, they always called and I really appreciate that. When they came, they did an excellent job. They cleaned up everything. They did a very good job. Because there was a delay, they gave me a discount. They were very courteous. They did not quit until the job was done. It was a big job and they did a really good job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We used 1-800-GOT-JUNK? San Francisco Bay for junk removal.

Category house cleaning

10/06/2011

Leonel A M.

Great service. Crew was punctual and courteous. $$ Price (according to driver charges are assessed by volume) was a bit on the high side, but overall satisfied due to service.

Description of Work
Had two large sofas, and a dozen or so smaller furniture pieces hauled away. The two large sofas had to be carried down one flight of stairs. The smaller pieces I had placed in the driveway in advance.

09/26/2011

Sandra J.

I scheduled a hot tub pickup online for Sunday, 9/25/11. They called and asked if they could do the pick up earlier. I told them no problem. When the crew of 2 arrived, they partially tore off a section off the tub. They then said they needed 4 people to move it instead of 2. They told me they would come back the next day with sufficient help. When I returned from work, I noticed they didn't take parts of the tub they tore off and left a mess of insulation where they broke it down. The price was good (After negotiation), but since I wasn't there, I couldn't supervise the actual removal. Recommendation: Be there for the whole job! Update: After I contacted their national number, a person did respond back. They apologized for the incomplete job and told me that the local rep would give me a call. Whithin a day, the local guy did call and offered me a $20 discount off the bill. Instead, I asked them to remove some other wood pieces. The manager stated he would. Scheduled for Monday, 10/3/11. Update: 10/3/11, No show for pick up on Monday. Called back and was promised Tuesday. Pick up was then made Tuesday, 10/4.

Description of Work
Removal of stand alone hot tub.

03/10/2010

Brooks S.

I called the 800 number which went to Canada. Did n't get a return call that day so I called again. The haulers came out the next day during the appointed 2 hour window either to just give me an estimate or take the items away. I thought that their estimate was reasonable. They took about 15 minutes to remove both the hot tub and the sectional couch. They cleaned up and drove away. they were both very friendly and seemed to work well together to to consult each other re bid. I would definitely recommend them and use them again if I need to.

Description of Work
Hot tub and sectional sofa were removed from back yard and living room. Gino and Dan cleaned up after the hot tub removal so area where it had been sitting looked good.

11/03/2008

Thierry T.

Went well; were able to show up earlier than projected on line, finished quickly and cleaned up really well. I didn't have to do anything more than show them the pile of junk I wanted hauled away. Was a little more expensive than I would have thought it should be, but I guess that you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Hauled away 1/8th of a truck of carpet and sheetrock.

09/15/2008

Tillie P.

After some major clearing out of the garage, I had piles ready for recycle, give-away, sale, and junk. The backyard was full! I used the website to schedule the pick-up, and noticed, even on that Labor Day, they had openings, so I scheduled for late afternoon. They promptly called me, saying they could come right away even on the holiday! They came promptly, with a two man team. They reviewed everything I had sorted for the junk pile, quoted a fair price, and hauled it away in 15 mins! They were thorough, friendly, and all business.

Description of Work
Pick up and haul away of junk pile. Able to recycle some portion of the pile.

08/16/2008

Skip E.

When I had the interior of my house painted 5-6 years ago, I moved various items "temporarily" out to my patio to get them out of the way. This was in addition to the existing patio furniture. Over the years, I added more things, but I only retrieved a couple of items. The squirrels chewed on anything paper or cardboard and the patio furniture rusted. I had been meaning to get rid of the mess for some time, but never took action. Today, I was looking at the mess and then looked at the hauling ads I had cut out of the local papers. I suddenly decided it was now or never, so I went online and looked at 2 of the companies. When I entered my zip code at 1-800-GOT-JUNK, up came a calendar with dates available this week, and it happened today was open. Then I checked Angie's List and the reviews were satisfactory. This was late morning and I got a 2:00 - 4:00 appointment window. Well before 2:00, I received a call saying they were running late on a job and would be here at the end of the window, which I agreed to. At just about 4:00, the truck appeared. The two young men looked over the project and estimated the cost. I really didn't care, since I just wanted it all removed, and the maximum for a full truck seemed reasonable (from the web site, I found the pricing is based on the amount of the truck filled). I told them exactly what I wanted and they began filling the truck. I had a computer monitor and a small tv in the mess, so I was informed it would be an extra $20 each, which was also on the web stie. The web site also indicated normal time for this sort of job was around 30 minutes. They arrived at 4:00 and drove away with a 5/6th load at 4:45, which included some cleanup. As advertised, they were on time, gave the rates up front, were uniformed, friendly, and professional.

Description of Work
Removed a 5+ years accumulation of junk (patio furniture, computers, tables, books, etc.).

07/31/2008

CAROLYN B.

I went to the web and found their website. I was able to choose the day and two hour time window I wanted. Someone called me the night before to confirm the appointment and to go over their rate schedule. I was given an estimate of between $99.00 and 149.00. I was told that the driver would contact me when they were on their way over. My time window was 9-11 a.m. The driver called at about 8:45 to let me know that they were just leaving and anticipated arriving at my home at about 9:45. They arrived on time. Both young men were professional and efficient. They were done by 10. The actual cost was $119.00.

Description of Work
Removed a ten year old 40" rear projection TV.

07/08/2008

Pam L.

They arrived within the two hour window (they called and said it would be close to the end of the window). Two very friendly men asked what we wanted taken away. We showed them what we had they told us up front that mattresses and sofas were extra (which we knew from their wed site). They quoted us a price we agreed on it and they went to work. It was hard to just sit and let them do the work. When they were done they swept up. It was amazing how much fit into the truck (it was a full load). We plan on calling them again.

Description of Work
We are in the process of cleaning out someone s house with years of accumulation. They took away mattresses, bed frames, an old sofa, bags of trash and boxes of old curtains, lamps, old yard furniture. One day bed that had been stored in the garage for close to thirty years and was home to who knows what was worth any money we spent to have someone take it away.

02/19/2008

Sharon D.

I went to the 1-800-Got-Junk? website and provided the requested information including an estimate of the amount of debris, etc. I needed to have hauled away. I made an appointment on-line for late afternoon but within 15 minutes I received a call asking if they could come within the next 30-45 minutes. They arrived within 30 minutes and were very polite and professional. They were able to load their truck within 15 minutes and only charged the minimum amount.

Description of Work
Removed construction debris and miscellaneous garbage from atrium and back yard.

01/02/2008

KERILYN N.

They were punctual, polite and efficient. Not the cheapest way to go but they have always been on time. Appointments can be made on line, have used this company 4 times.

Description of Work
Pick up, loading, hauling, clean up.

08/29/2007

Carol D.

Andrew and Jose arrived within the specified time window of 2 hours. They were polite and removed the items carefully and efficiently. They swept up well after removal.

Description of Work
About 10 stepping stones, louvre shutters for large windows, copier, stereo, many pans, assorted household items were removed from my home.

07/19/2007

KELLY W.

It was great--I booked on line, had to change the time once, but they still came almost on time. The representatives were running late, but they kept calling to give me an estimate as to when they would arrive. They later explained that they had been held over on a job just before mine.

Description of Work
Two men came to haul away a sofa bed and various other household items.

10/02/2006

LIA T.

These guys were great. I placed a pick-up online Tuesday afternoon and they arrived right on time, Wednesday morning. Two guys were professional and fast. Told me to relax, as they quickly filled a dumpster-size truck. To rent a dumpster the same size it would have cost me about $470 and would have taken me at least two hours. These guys were done in 30 minutes and I didn't have to worry about having a dumpster in front of my house all week. And they swept up a bit, once everything was loaded. No fuss, no muss.

Description of Work
Hauled away yard waste and other junk.