Sullivan Solar Power

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2009

8949 Kenamar Dr Ste 101

San Diego, CA 92121

Sullivan Solar Power is a turnkey solar system provider that delivers solar electric projects from concept to completion with offices in Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties. The company has installed more than 34 million watts of solar power ranging from residential to large commercial and

05/29/2018

Timothy M.

The service was excellent. They were professional.

Description of Work
16 panel solar system with battery backup

09/27/2017

Patrick G C.

Very well. We are very happy with the service. And, especially happy with the results. We consistently generate more power than we use.

Description of Work
Installed 22 solar panels and new breaker box.

05/20/2017

Patricia P.

We really liked the notebook that they gave us, detailing how they chose the panels, the inverter, and the racking system for mounting it to the roof. Tyler Boden, our sales person, was very nice and responded quickly to my many questions by email. After the panels were installed, he went over the computer monitoring system, the features of the inverter and even the electric meter which shows that we are making electricity. We feel very good about our decision to go with Sullivan because we feel it was all quality work and products and we will have their support if there are any questions or problems.

Description of Work
Solar panels put on the roof.

05/18/2017

Roslyn M.

SULLIVAN SOLAR POWER IS AN AMAZING COMPANY!!! I interviewed 4 other companies, read all the reviews I could find, compared prices, talked to neighbors who already installed solar, and researched different panels and inverters. After all that, I chose Sullivan Solar Power and am I glad I did!! David was the first person I met from Sullivan Solar. David explained all my choices, answered all my questions and responded promptly when I had many other inquires. David is extremely knowledgeable & helpful and there was NO high pressure (which I hate). Adam was the terrific foreman of the installation team. He is professional, courteous and also answered my questions while at my house. Adam and his team clearly were very experienced and I was amazed how hard and tirelessly they worked in 107 degree heat. Sullivan Solar took care of ALL of the paperwork, including what I needed for my HOA. Amazing, but true......Sullivan Solar provided me with a stress-free experience! David even had an "after installation" visit to show me how everything worked. There is so much more I could say about the positive experience I had with this company, so I will end by saying, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SULLIVAN SOLAR POWER!!!

Description of Work
Solar panels installed

05/08/2017

Janice A.

They did a really good, professional job and we are very pleased. We would recommend them. It works great and we haven't had any problems,

Description of Work
They installed 12 solar panels for us.

04/27/2017

David O.

Very responsive and good quality competitive quote.

Description of Work
Quote for solar system

04/11/2017

Patricia C.

....................................................................................................

12/12/2016

Craig C.

The easiest transaction with a contractor of any sort our family has EVER had. These guys are professional and know the approval process and systems very well. Completely trouble free, on time, and a real pleasure to deal with. Thank you, Sullivan.

Description of Work
Designed & installed solar PV system.

10/17/2016

John B.

Excellent service. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They installed solar panels on our house.

10/07/2016

AMY I.

It went very smoothly. It was a wonderful service. The technicians were experienced, kind, competent, and respectful.

Description of Work
They installed solar panels on my roof.

08/21/2016

Bruce S.

Sullivan did what they promised when they said it would be done for he amount of money they quoted. Very professional installation and after a year the system is working perfectly and generating more power than was quoted.

Description of Work
Complete solar system purchased and installed.

07/14/2016

Tim H.

This is an extraordinary company. We solicited Sullivan Solar based on reviews by other Angies members. It was a remarkable experience. Since 1994 in addition our homes we have owned up to three single-family dwelling rentals. We have lived in four different homes. We have hired numerous contractors to repair, upgrade, maintain and prepare these properties for sale. Never has any other contractor approached, let alone matched, the quality of service, timeliness of performance, and maintained sterling communications on any other project large or small, than Sullivan Solar. From our initial meeting in February to our post-project completion orientation in June we were treated with the upmost courtesy and deference. The permit to proceed from the County was procured on March 24, and the installation began on Tuesday April 5th and was completed by Thursday April 7th. In the interim period (3-24 to 4-1) to the roofing company we hired to remove and then later replace our clay tiles completed its work. Sullivan contacted the roofing company and ensured the work was done before their team came on April 5. Advance planning by Sullivan coordinated the final inspection with the County building department which gave us approval on the Monday immediately following installation of the panels and equipment. The same efforts they made to communicate with us they successfully used with the roofing company, the county and SDG&E. The latter also had approved the completed project in a timely manner. The installation team included Jim Sullivan, Anthony Eckert and Drew Green. Not only were they unfailingly courteous, always in good spirits, they were clearly proud of their work and the company. While they were here they were very helpful and assisted us in minor tasks unrelated to their job. In addition to the above we would like to thank and recognize Erik Zeitmeir, the project developer (Sales and education), and Derek McKnight, the project director. There were a number of other folks behind the scenes whose communications with us were timely and professional. They include: Leanna Laudenslager, Brandon Borjorquez, Gustavo Albarran, and Anne Bessinger. Virtually every email communication ended with the following: If you haven't heard back within 24 hours? Please feel free to call my director/manager with that person’s name and telephone number. I only called once because I had forgotten that the project developer had told me he would be out of town for two days. His director called me back that same day to follow up. Would that I’d had a list of phonetic pronunciations for their staffs’ last names, I might have been able to thank them personally! Tim Huntley

Description of Work
Installation of Solar System from design through County permit approval

05/21/2016

Steve K.

Sullivan organized a community event where I learned a lot about going solar. My wife and I started working with Andrew Conlisk and were very impressed with the guidance received in proceeding. We did get one other bid but that contractor didn’t both coming to our home. We trusted Sullivan from the start and the results have been great. Now we are happy to recommend them. The only challenge we had was making sure it got done by year-end in order to receive the big tax deduction. They were really busy. I’m happy to recommend Andrew and Sullivan Solar highly.

Description of Work
Installed home solar system

03/29/2016

Steven C.

I interviewed a number of providers before deciding on Sullivan Solar. They were extraordinarily professional in both the design of the system, the lead-up, and the installation. They have a lot of experience and were a breeze to get approved through my HOA as they had installed systems in the neighborhood previously. System design: They actually went up on the roof to suss out the entire layout, and came up with a number of options that worked around my solar heating system for my pool and carefully explained the pros and cons of different layouts including relative benefits of moving my current solar collectors versus leaving them in place.. The sales people were very patient with all my questions and were very diligent in following up. Installation: I had required as part of my contract a quick turn-around to ensure that I would not have issues with net-metering. Total turnaround from contracts to ability to operate was 6-7 weeks which was faster by at least a month compared to most others. They use their own crews and were willing to work with my schedule of when I could be there. Notably, they also painted the metal conduits as well to blend in with the house exterior. They did an excellent job with keeping clean and creating a minimum of fuss. Service/Communication: A few minor bobbles with changed schedules, but communication was good for those things. I had a misconnect in trying to reach my project manager once to confirm a schedule, but this was ironed out quickly and resolved with the foreman coming to install the internet connector on the weekend (the right part had been back ordered). This did not affect the operation of the system, merely the connection to the online monitoring system. End Result: The system is producing at the level expected and probably slightly outperforming what was guaranteed. I would utilize them again, and am happy to recommend them to anyone who is looking for a solar system.

Description of Work
Placed a 7.5 kW system using Sunpower panels/ central inverter/ all installation/ monitoring/ 20yr warranty I also had them install a car-charging outlet in the garage as well.

03/05/2016

david B.

Very responsive and fast, they were less expensive than Sunrun, SolarCity, and HercaSolar from which we got quotes. They installed before the end of the year so we could get the tax credit. System was installed with great quality work, no roof leaks, no damage to anything around the home. The system is working great and performing as promised. We would and have recommended Sullivan to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Installed roof top solar, 16 panel system.

01/15/2016

Justin K.

From start to finish Sullivan did a fantastic job with my solar installation. My project engineer did an excellent job explaining the process and working around my schedule. Sullivan's installers are all in house and went above and beyond my expectations. Upon request, they painted my conduit so it would blend with the side of the house as well as route the conduit through difficult places so its well hidden from the street. I have several neighbors who did Solar through other companies and Sullivan did the best job making sure the the installation was as low profile as possible while maintaining quality. My only complaint is at the time of my installation they would only use String Inverters which fail after 12-15 years. Sullivan did not hide this fact and also provide a 20 year warranty on the inverter saying when it fails they'll come replace it.

Description of Work
Design and installed 16 panel solar system for a 2-story residential property.

09/06/2015

Henry K.

Pros: Pre-Installation and Installation went great. I was also promised that the person that referred us to them would be rewarded an referral fee. During installation they were there every step of the way, very polite, very professional. They did damaged some drywall along the way but made sure it was back to original pristine condition the same day, they also apologized profusely during the next couple days (good service). Notes: - Be sure to double check all contract items, including referral fees.

Description of Work
Installed Solar Power System according to HOA standards.

07/31/2015

Susan H.

Four of our neighbors had previously used this company and we talked to two of them. Their installations went well as did ours. There was a lot for the company to organize (permit from city, agreement with So Cal Edison, ordering the panels, coordinating with our roofer and electrician, calling for inspections) yet the project progressed timely and we couldn't be happier. All of the employees we encountered were wonderful to work with. From start to finish it took about 3 months but a lot of that time was waiting on the City to approve the plans.

Description of Work
Evaluated our current electric usage (we gave approval for them to obtain data from So Cal Edison). Went on the roof to determine the best location for the panels and calculated the number of panels we would need. Sat down with us and discussed their findings. Then approx 2 weeks later the project engineer came out and reaffirmed all the calculations and panel locations.. We signed the contract and then they submitted plans to the City for the permit. We also needed a new roof and an electric panel upgrade. Sullivan Solar provided us with vendors that they work with so that made it easier for us.

04/13/2015

Cynthia D.

We are in the process of getting solar electricity installed in our home. We have not yet had the panels installed but have chosen Sullivan Solar to perform our service based upon the professionalism we experienced with them. We have recommended this company to others already. Our decision to use Sullivan Solar was based on the level of service, reputation, warranty, and quality of the product over purchasing the lowest price system.

Description of Work
Solar panel estimate and future installation.

02/26/2015

Ron M.

It has been wonderful! They were very good. We checked with several different companies and they were far and above the others in professional service, and also the price was as good as anybody else. If we were to move to a different house, we would use them for solar without question.

Description of Work
Sullivan Solar Power put in a solar photovoltaic PV system.

02/09/2015

Sheila G.

They did a really good job. In fact, we're considering having them come back and put a few more panels up on the roof. They were excellent. They were highly professional and on time. They got it done quickly.

Description of Work
They put 23 solar panels on our roof and put in a particular pump for our pool.

Category pool cleaners, solar panels

01/03/2015

Robert C.

I had received three presentations and estimates prior to making the selection of which company I was going to use. We selected Sullivan primarily because of Erik Lainas. Erik was by far the most knowledgeable. He explained everything, from design, installation and activation of the System. He wasn't pushed, very relaxed comfortable informative style. Tim Finn was our Project Manager, he worked with our roofer to have roof repairs and solar components installed during reroofing process. He kept me informed of different requirements with SDG&E by both phone and email to eliminate potential delays in activating the system prior to yearend that was fast approaching. I knew that even with the System completed that the SDE&E were going to be the holdup in getting the system activated by yearend. Tim got it to happen, the afternoon of December 31st, all inspections were completed and System certified and activated. Erik and Tim were total professional, their years of experience, industry relationships and customer concern will have me recommending Sullivan Solar Power for years to come. Thank you for a GREAT experience.

Description of Work
Installed solar system.

Category solar panels

Thank you [member name removed]! We are folks just like you who go to work each day and do our best. Reviews like this remind us why we work so hard. I will share this with Erik and Tim, they will be thrilled! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything further we can do. I hope you enjoy your solar system for many, many, many years to come!

10/21/2014

Darin S.

Sullivan Solar treated us like family. They were thorough, kept us informed and followed the installation through. We couldn't be happier and our system is performing as expected.

Description of Work
Installed solar panel energy system

10/08/2014

David C.

Overall it went well. I think it took them a couple of months to resolve the issue involving the configuring of the panels and getting the most efficiency from it. They were very helpful. They gave it time to set it up. They were good and the installation was good. The quality of the product that they are installing is good as well. Generally, they know what they are doing.

Description of Work
I used the services of Sullivan Solar Power. We had them install the solar panels.

09/30/2014

Ken B.

I had to think about what I wanted to say in this review and that's why I'm only writing it now, in Sept, 10 months after the installation. It's unfortunate that one person in an organization can have such a negative effect on an experience when all of the other people who touched this project were not only good, but exceptional. The sales person was honest and friendly and didn't try to gauge us on price, the way most of the other prospective vendors tried to rip me off on price. Believe me when I tell you that is a very important aspect of this purchase/experience. Only 2 out of 7 vendors did not try to rip us off on price. Everything went extremely well as the sales rep, who was also an engineer layed out the project with excellent execution. then it was all handed off to a "project manager" and it all went south from there. For example, one of the technicians didn't take very good care of our front panel door of our inverter. They put a couple of scratches on it when they put it up, and it wasn't noticed. When you pay 22k for something you sort of expect it not to get scratched up, but honestly to me, not THAT big a deal. I simply called them, told them it was scratched and asked them to replace it. I can't even count the number of phone calls I had to make to this project manager to get that taken care of, over several weeks. Then, there was an approx 4 week delay from the time they finished the install and gave the thumbs up to turn it on, and when the electric company granted that request. That's a pretty normal thing and they did warn me about that. When we finally got the permission to turn on the system from the power company, we did, but when we turned it on, the monitoring system didn't work. I made a couple of more phone calls, again to the project manager who sent over someone who had NO CLUE what he was doing and suggested something else might be the issue. Then I waited a few more days, and still no progress. Made several calls again to the project manager to try and get this issue solved, to no avail. I finally had enough and called the head office and spoke to a support engineer who headed the "monitoring side" of the company, and when I described the problem, he identified immediately, over the phone! what the issue probably was. The panel wasn't installed properly and they missed a key component. By completely avoiding this project manager, I managed to get head office to send someone over and in 10 minutes, had that problem solved. My question to the project manager was, in the 4 weeks it took to get permission from the power company to turn it on, didn't they think to test the system? I got a lot of tap dancing..... Finally, we were told the project manager would come by, after the completion and help us fill out the paperwork to obtain both our State and local rebates for the system. I made several more phone calls to this project manager who said yes, he'd either come by, or send someone and it never happened. Ultimately we lost the capability of obtaining those rebates, because by the time I called again after a few months, the rebates had run out of money. I know technically that was my fault, but should I really have to follow up that much to make that happen? The post sale support was terrible. The bottom line is it's unfortunate that a company filled with such great people can be so negatively affected by the poor performance of one. When that person is in the position of authority it can ruin an otherwise excellent experience. I would use this company again if and only if, we had a project manager who had their act together. This one didn't.

Description of Work
Install solar power system and equipment