First Choice Maids

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2011

3.5

8895 Towne Centre Dr Ste 104-455

San Diego, CA 92122

Additional Contact name - Mel Konians...

04/14/2015

allison F.

I bought several groupons for this company over a year-long span. The first service was wonderful--easy contact, good work. In fact, the work done in the house is always good. It's how this company is run that's the problem. Communication is impossible. The man who is either the owner/administrator/manager is rude and a bit of a bully. You can never get them to call you back; they get the times wrong; staff is always late (but they text/email you about that); and they mishandled my groupon coupons and tried to charge me. Terrible, terrible experience. Don't use them.

Description of Work
General housecleaning

06/27/2014

Henry N.

It was very well done, very quick and complete. They were on time and everything, it was really good. It was extremely satisfying.

Category window cleaning

08/05/2013

Christina E.

For the most part, the cleaning went well. Dealing with the administration was very difficult. Originally it went well, but they stopped returning phone calls and responding to emails. You can only make appointments through the website, which didn't always work. I had a couple of appointments with them that went badly, which they worked hard to correct, and the next few appointments went well, so I bought a 6 appointment package, and things started to go poorly. They did the same cleaning each time, and this most recent time, I noticed they had charged an extra $59.00. I called and it took them 3 or 4 days to get back to me. They said it was an internal charge and in the contract they had the right to charge it without ever telling me. The most recent cleaning was the same as the previous ones and the lady that was there didn't say that it would cost extra. The problem was with the administration, not the cleaners themselves.

Description of Work
I hired them to clean.

Category house cleaning

THIS is the response we emailed her: (member name removed), your place is filled top to bottom with extra items and it becomes an ORGANIZATION clean every time we are there. It's difficult and laborious for the ladies to work in that type of ambiance. We have an organization fee that we must pass on in locations such as your. It is our internal charge, and we reserve the right to charge this fee when there is clutter that is beyond the expected. Thank you. Charge stands.

04/02/2013

janele E.

The ladies called ahead of time to let me know they were on their way. They started right in as soon as they got here. This was a coupon offer, at a huge discount off their normal price. Their website lists all the wonderful things they clean, from floor to ceiling. Before they left, the ladies told me they were done. They did everything I asked, except they left dust and cob-webs on the bottom of furniture, and the bathroom ceiling fan was not even touched, which I did not check. The office called me to ask about the service. I neglected to mention it to them at that time. The ladies do work hard, and what they do clean is extremely thorough. I would use them again, and watch more closely, if another great coupon offer comes out. Their prices are much too high for leaving things uncleaned the first time through.

Description of Work
Cleaned bathroom and guest bedroom.

08/16/2012

Teri M.

They are very unprofessional and did a terrible job- actually the short list I had for her to do in my small place was not even done. We look forward to a 100% service satisfaction guaranteed is their motto-this alone is false advertising. If he sent someone ELSE in to do the job that had professional products and had experience that would be fine but the owner wanted to give me a discount to have someone come back to do the job that was never done in the first place- the only motto should be YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I got a deal for 59.00, but it wasnt even 59.00 worth of cleaning! 1. I DID NOT CHECK ANYTHING UNTIL SHE LEFT (IM not a babysitter), I figured she was here for 3 hours so I didnt need to check on anything prior to her leaving. I even gave her a 20.00 tip thinking she did the work I hired her to do. But when I walked in the kitchen barefoot- there were crumbs on the bottom of my feet, so I looked in the corners all the dirt was still there also dirt still in the corner of the dining room (I have a small dining/kitchen area it should have been spotless). I am not sure if she lightly broomed or if she washed the floors which is what was needed. 2. Bathroom shower doors not cleaned =she told me she gets inexpensive products rather then PROFESSIONAL CLEANING products because the owner wont pay for them like. The wall inside tub not clean, the silver rim around tub not clean, inside toilet not cleaned 3. She never went into the second bathroom 4. Kitchen sink she cleaned 1/2 the sink - she never even picked up the rubber mat on the other side which was the dirty side 5. She cleaned the glass part of the toaster oven but not the dirty part which was inside- and on the side and crumbs still under toaster-so nothing was moved! Bottom line other then the bath-tub- everything looks the same. The owner came over and saw for himself first hand the dirt on the floors, how with my fingernail I can easily scrap off soapscum in the tub wall, how the 2nd bathroom was never gone into. All he offered was a DISCOUNT to have someone else come back! I would never use their service again.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $59 (with a $158 value) that was for 3 hours of cleaning services. The company is known as First Choice Maids but also goes by Pacifica Cleaning Group.

Category house cleaning, floor cleaning

Pacifica CLEANING Group replied on 08-17-2012 We sent a manager over. We send the maid back for an additional 2 hours. 5 total hours for the price of three, and those three hours were promotion priced at $59.00. When the manager arrived, he noted an IMMACULATE home with a room full of old items which we did not clean. There was hardly any room to walk in the restroom due to excessive items stacked floor to ceiling. What areas we could see and access were cleaned well. We love our clients, and even love MS BUTTERFLY 13. We wish you the best :) we really did try to please this client and are afraid she is insatiable. Thank you for your posting.

06/25/2012

Mary R.

they were a no show to a scheduled appointment

Description of Work
I called this company based on angies list reviewsI first called 5 weeks agoI wa told this Saturday 6/23 was not a problem and i was told I would be sent more information by email and that someone from their Santa Monica office would call me and give me a quote. I did get the email but no one contacted me.I called back as their web site would not take any Saturdays for appointmentsapparentlyI incorrectly assumed that I would be getting my house cleaned on 6/23This past week I received a call from Mel saying he was one of the owners and he was apologizing for no one getting back to me. he explained his 2 Sat workers took a vacation and his company were interviewing people and he would get back to me by Fri6/22. Neither Mel nor anyone else called.I was and am very surprized that a business can operate in this manner having initilaly confirmed I would have my house cleaned on 6/23 and then having an owner apoogize for no one geting back to me and then this person never got back to me either!!!!!!!!!

Category house cleaning

THIS APPOINTMENT WAS COMPLETED AND SHE INDICATED SHE WOULD LEAVE GREAT MARKS. We cannot locate her, and her email address bounces back. Definitely Completed. With LA Virginia Torrance view Service 3.5 Hours Detailed Maid Service Add-on Services Duration 3 hours 30 minutes Date Saturday, June 30, 2012 Time 9:30am Status Complete Cost 109.00 Tip 0.00 Via

06/18/2012

Kathryn S.

I have used Pacifica Cleaning Group twice because of online deals, and I was very happy with the service both times. The person who did the cleaning was very nice and did a very good, thorough job, and Mel (on the phone) has always been very gracious and helpful to me. I'm so happy with this service that I've booked several more, and hope to continue using them regularly.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

04/12/2012

Chimica R.

They told me a price on the phone but when they got here they changed the price. I wouldn't recommend them. They said they were going to clean the bathrooms also but then they said they needed to charge me 260 dollars for it.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets for me.

Category carpet cleaners

12/08/2011

Alana W.

The service itself was good. They sent one girl to clean my whole house for 5 hours....I had a house I was getting ready to rent. She was very punctual and worked hard the whole time. She kept me informed when she was about finished and was willing to work an extra half hour to finish cleaning everything I needed cleaned. They charged me $9.99 for the extra half hour which I thought was reasonable. Ok, what was really weird about this company......they take your card over the phone and charge you for the service before it is even completed (like days before). You also have to include the tip into the amount......I would rather tip upon completion of the service so that I know that person gets the full tip.... They charged my card on file with the additional $9.99 after calling me and letting me know how much it would be. Maybe this process isn't weird for a cleaning company, as it was my first time ever using a service like this. All in all a good company, just a weird payment method. I would use the service again.

Description of Work
Clean a 1700 sq ft. SFH 3bed/2.5ba in to prepare to rent. Cleaned all bathrooms, blinds, ceiling fans, inside windows/sills, kitchen appliances. No carpets were cleaned because I had a different cleaning service for them.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

09/26/2011

CLYDE P.

She was very good

Description of Work
Needed cleaning of kitchen and floors as we moved into new (for us) house. She cleaned the wood floors and kitchen including the refrigerator.

We Clean California

Perfect Views, LLC

Perfect Views is a local veteran owned residential and commercial window washing business. We also provide solar panel and rain gutter cleaning services. We service San Diego, Orange and Riverside Counties. We look forward to providing you with the perfect view!!

Tony's Best Way Cleaning

Tony’s Best Way Cleaning is a high end cleaning company that has been a San Diego staple for 48 years. Bottom line: we offer effective results on all 9 of our services - along with high-quality customer service and friendly, experienced technicians. We are actually referred by our competition for tough cases because of our expertise. We use the best methods available and are committed to five star service. We guarantee your satisfaction. We want to be the best you have ever used.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Home cleaning, Small and large appliance exterior, microwave, floor sweeping and polishing, damp mopping, carpet steam clean and shampoo, rug, vacuuming and high power steam, window cleaning, mirrors, showers, furniture dusted, ceiling fans, light fixtures, baseboard, drapery, shutters & mini-blinds, pressure wash clean backyard and driveway.