Advent Property Management

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2012

4603 Mission Blvd Ste 213

San Diego, CA 92109

Advent Property Management is a professional real estate management company. Advent provides quality property management services throughout San Diego County, Orange County, Inland Empire and Temecula Valley. Our focus on customer service sets us apart from other management companies in town. In fact, our attention to quality service has earned Advent a reputation as the #1 most positively reviewed property management company in Southern California. Just ask our existing clients or read our great customer reviews!...

05/31/2020

Elizabeth K.

Craig, Rhonda, and the team at Advent Property Management work hard to ensure that property owners and tenants are highly satisfied with their living space and environments. Maintenance has always been handled promptly, and efficiently. The team has worked hard to earn our trust and our continued business. My husband and I know our property is in good hands because of its management & selection of quality tenants. -Elizabeth K.

Description of Work
Home appliance repairs and restoration

Category property management

Thank you very much! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

05/13/2020

Zack K.

We've been with Advent Property Management for six years. They have always been responsive and spot on in regards to repairs and finding solid tennants for our property. Maintenence requests are paired with layered cost solutions up front so there are never any surprises. Of late Rhonda has done an exceptional job ensuring several applicances were replaced with as little disruption to the tennants as possible. Each repair came with numerous courses of action ranging from repair options to a variety of priced applicances to choose from. They really do the leg work for you which makes owning our property much less labor intensive than otherwise. All around solid performers and would recommend to all in need of property management in San Diego.

Description of Work
Rental Property Management

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for the positive review. I really appreciate your business and continued loyalty. Much appreciated.

05/06/2020

Alexandra B.

I was looking to rent out a house in La Jolla, CA. Since I do not live in the area I wanted to hire a professional property management company. I sent an inquiry to several places and Craig Everett of Advent Property Management responded right away. He was extremely proactive and took the time to educate me about the local market and his company's management approach. When I came to the area to meet with several Property Management companies, I was impressed with Advent doing a detailed house inspection and recommending things that needed to be fixed/updated for the house to rent at the asking price. Upon hiring Craig and the Advent team, they quickly arranged to do all the necessary repairs and had the house rented in 2 days, despite the uncertainty of the COVID-19 crisis. In the two months that I have been working with Craig and his team, I have been extremely pleased with their professionalism, responsiveness, and level of service.

Description of Work
Rent and manage a property in LaJolla

Category property management

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I'm very glad to have you in our program. You're great to work with.

05/04/2020

Adam C.

The experience with Advent has been great. Communication is productive and prompt. Craig and Rhonda have been responsive to all level of detail from the most minute repair to medium/large projects.

Description of Work
Multi-Unit Apartment Refresh and Prep for Rentals

Category property management

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]! I really appreciate it. You've been great to work with as well.

01/02/2020

Danny P.

One of the worse experiences I have had to date. I own several rental properties and I decided to work with Advent Property Management to have them manage my three-bedroom condo. In the past, I was able to find a tenant within two weeks for this property; however, after two months of listing my property with Advent, they did not send me one referral so I requested they cancel my listing contact. I was then able to find a tenant within five days myself. Furthermore, they charged me for maintenance repairs on items I did not authorize or approve and when I asked about this, the owner of the company, Craig Everett, told me to pay or they would send me to collections. Advent is not just unprofessional, they are incompetent. Do not use them to list your property for rent or property management -- find someone else.

Description of Work
Listed Rental Property for them to manage

Category property management

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience. As you are aware we have terminated the employment of the property manager responsible for your property management. She did not follow our required protocols for maintenance or marketing of your property. We operate with the highest standard of customer service and in this case you did not receive that. So for that I do apologize. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future property management endeavors. Regards, Management Team at Advent

06/23/2016

John G.

Bianca was amazing!! She was so professional and thorough. She quoted very fair pricing and honored an agreement I had made with another member of her team. Top notch organization and I highly recommend Advent and Bianca. One of the best business person I have dealt with in all my years. I would not hesitate to use Advent in the future and she has my highest recommendation!!!!!!

Description of Work
I spoke with Bianca Caliguri and arranged to rent a condo. She laid out all the procedures and pricing, but we decided not to rent the condo at this point.

03/31/2016

Ken K.

We used Angie's List to find property management companies operating in Carlsbad, CA. After reading reviews and checking pricing, we chose Advent Property Management. On June 10, 2015 we signed contract with Advent to manage home rental in Carlsbad CA. He emailed us the following “Good morning Ken, Sorry to have negatively impacted your weekend with the long-winded PMA. This is a CA state form required to authorize me to function as your agent for a specified period of time and designed to cover substantially all services of a property management arrangement. I have made adjustments to the lease duration and Trust as directed below. I have addressed areas of concern below as well.” We needed help to remove the existing client because her paying partner moved out on her at the beginning of May, leaving her paying less than half the rent. Advent found a new tenant. But then Advent failed to remove existing tenant in a timely manner thus the new tenant could not move in and then did not move in. Then Advent refused to find another tenant. We went 2 months with no income until we hired Manager4Less from Angie's List and they found us a new tenant.

Description of Work
Had us sign a PMA contract from June to October that he would manage our rental home in Carlsbad, CA as we live in Michigan. June 10, 2015 signed contract with Advent to manage home rental in Carlsbad CA. Advent failed to remove existing tenant in a timely manner thus new tenant could not and did not move in. Then they refused to find another tenant. 2 months no income.

Category property management

At Advent we're always concerned anytime a client has a less than perfect experience. However to be fair to our team, there were serious issues with this home that were never disclosed to us prior to signing up to manage this property. These issues had a direct impact on this customers experience and Advent had no ability to change the outcome of this situation. We were initially approached to manage this luxury home and presented our standard comprehensive service package, which includes management of both the residence and existing/ future tenants. With the geographic distance presented between the property owner’s residence in Michigan and the property located in California, we advised him to hire Advent to manage all aspects of this property. The Property Owner elected to limit Advent’s engagement to perform a tenant search only which limited to marketing the property, vetting prospective tenants, creating a detailed report on the candidates and drafting a 2 year lease once the tenants were selected by the property owner. This service was successfully completed in a 3 week period, however on the day of tenant met our agent at the property to start the lease the new tenants noticed a heavy mold and mildew smell emanating from the master bathroom and …fearing for their health… refused keys and called the property owner to break the lease. Upon further inspection Advent discovered an open wall where previous repairs had been attempted but never completed and a preexisting leak which had been active for over 2 years according to the previous tenant. Previous tenant was disgruntled over the manner at which various repairs had been made and had complained in the months prior to move out about the mold without any action or concern for their health. The previous tenant and the property owner had been aware of these numerous issues prior to engaging Advent but the home owner never disclosed to us. At Advent we have established a reputation for treating both Tenants and Property Owners with respect and dignity. In this case, the home owner failed to keep the property in good repair and failed to disclose material facts to all parties involved in this lease transaction resulting in a tenant who refused to take possession of the property. The solution here is to always be honest and disclose known issues prior to leasing a property and be diligent in maintaining your property. Anything less than this will result in frustration by all parties. Advent is still owed $400 for services rendered and I hope that this customer agrees to pay the remaining balance due. It's the right thing to do.

11/27/2015

Robert L.

This is one of the easiest rental management agencies that I have dealt with. From the first time I contacted them they were very friendly and responsive. They even conducted a walk through on my condo before I rented it, suggesting small repairs or legally mandated changes that need to be made, giving me the option to fix them or have them do it. Also, their monthly management fees are on the low end of the industry. I found them on Angie's List and am glad that I did.

Description of Work
Rental Management

Category property management

Thanks for the nice review here on Angies List. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that for us. Thanks for your business!

04/18/2015

CARA R.

Very well - Jim is very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Manages my condo

03/06/2015

Chris K.

My property manager is Jim Scanlon at Advent. I am stationed overseas, and rely on Jim to be my eyes, ears, and council. This is my first review despite using Angies list for a few years. Jim has been the very best property manager I have ever used. He is very responsive, knowledgable, and persistent. He tends to say "I will treat your property like my own" which I have found to be true. I had a major maintenance issue at my property just after I signed on with him, that postponed my first tenant with Advent for months. Throughout the period, Jim was steadfast in assisting me, providing sound advice, and solutions throughout the period. Despite the months of turmoil, Jim has stood by his word, and has shepherded my property through the maintenance issue and finding a qualified tenant. I have had three managers in the past, and while two of the three were adequate, I would not have recommended them. Jim with Advent is my fourth manager and I very highly recommend his services. As a plug for Angies list as well, I had not used the list to find my previous managers, and based on the results, I should have.

Description of Work
Property management, maintenance, guidance, finding, vetting and contracting tenants