Royal Cleaning Company Inc

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2013

4.4

5912 Petaluma Court

Sacramento, CA 95841

Royal Cleaning Company Inc Was newly established April 15, 2013, we have 27 years experience in cleaning service. We do not subcontract our work, all services are provided by us. We do not require contracts, but are willing to provide them for our clients. Our billing is simple, when we are

07/22/2015

FRAN R.

It is $150 for 6 hours. They are very good. They are here on time and do what they have to do. A couple of times, I've had to say, this needs to be done again and they've done it without a problem which is not most of the time. Most of the time they know what they are supposed to do and do it well. I am not sure what other people charge, as far as I am concerned, they are fine.

Description of Work
It was about 4 weeks ago. They are supposed to come tomorrow.

11/26/2014

Chris P.

I have been trying to organize our various spaces and have a housekeeper who helps, but sometimes you need that extra push. These folks were that push. They were quick, efficient, and neat. They even brought a trailer and I paid them to take stuff to the dump and to the hazardous waste dump. They got a lot of things up off the floor and organized my shelves so similar items were near each other. That really helps when you want to find things. I would definitely hire them in the future for organizing other areas. It is helpful that they are big and strong and can move things I no longer can. I really liked them. ALSO, they were extremely fair about their charges. When they needed more time, they didn't want to charge me. I paid them anyway because that is the right thing to do. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Three people came. They took everything out of the garage, blew it out and swept, then put things back in a very orderly and neat manner.

08/25/2014

Susan D.

He came in and gave me a bid. The bedrooms were carpet and the rest of the house is hardwood floor. They were supposed to clean for me to sell the house. The bathrooms were good and they did a good job. The toilets were very clean. The rest of the house was not good. He quoted $600 and then he said it would take him more time so he said $800. I was away and came back without seeing the house I he asked for more so I gave him $1000. I went to the house and the hardwood floors were dirty. I expected them to clean it. The tile floors on the kitchen were not cleaned. They did not wipe out the cabinets and they did not cleaned the garage property. They did no wiping and cleaning. The cleaning was really awful. I called them up and he came an hour before. He came one house early and they were taking stuff like stealing them. I had to call them to get it back. They took my hardware and the house was not completely cleaned.

Category window cleaning

07/22/2014

Janet P.

I chose not to have this provider perform the service and asked for a refund instead. I received a call to set up an appt to look over my house BEFORE they would come to clean. I was asked when I last had a "deep cleaning done" and if I had a house cleaning service. I wondered why this mattered. When I started asking questions about what specifically was covered and what I would like to have done - i was told "now I don't want you think the ad was misleading". I was asking about whether the shutters could be done (even if in place of something I didn't care about having done). I felt a bit put off by this initial phone interaction so went to check the reviews from prior people who had used this company. I read the reviews for the company, and felt the responses by the owner to poor reviews were very defensive and unprofessional. I chose not to use this service because of the unprofessional attitude and blame the owner placed on the buyer when a poor review was received. Perhaps if I had not cancelled the walk through I may have felt differently. However, how a business owner portrays oneself to the public (ie with the responses to poor reviews) I feel is very important if one is to retain customers and hopes to get referrals from new clients.

Description of Work
Did not have this provider do service. Asked for a refund and was instead offered another company to do the service

Category house cleaning

Dear Customer, it is our policy to review every job before scheduling your cleaning date, whether pre-purchased or otherwise. In the case of a pre-purchase, customers often neglect to read the fine print, except as it applies to what is covered and tend to overlook the excessively dirty / old/ / poor condition may cost extra part. When you called for service you claimed your home was never maintained by a regular cleaning service and that no cleanings were been done, as you had been away for over 4 months on vacation. I explained that I would have to come look at your home to see what services we could provide and informed you that additional costs may be necessary. I said "The intent of the coupon / big deal is not for once or twice yearly cleanings and that the language of the deal clearly states an excessively dirty / neglected condition may require additional expense", I also informed you that some services could be substituted, but that could be discussed when I came to evaluate you specific situation. When you asked for a refund, I explained that would have to be done through Angie's list as per their policy and following their guidelines, I also suggested using another cleaning service through Angie's list as many offered special pricing on hourly blocks of cleaning time, and that may be a better choice for your situation. I feel my responses to slanderous / preposterous reviews are appropriately biting and it would seem only someone such as yourself would see them as inappropriate.

07/15/2014

Jeff B.

When I called them, they were able to come out within a matter of days and got it all taken care of. I didn’t have problems with their crew and they showed up on time. They were friendly people.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for a lawn clean-up.

Category lawn service

06/11/2014

Chris P.

Made appointment online. They were very prompt. They came out a few days before to look at the job, talk about what would happen, and answer any questions I had. I was extremely pleased with this service. They took everything out of the garage, including things on the shelves. I went through the things with them and we made separate piles for keep, recycle, dump, and sell or donate. Then they cleaned the garage by sweeping and blowing, and washed the shelves. They offered to power wash the floor but I chose not to. Then they began putting things back, asking me about where I wanted to store things and making suggestions as to how to organize my belongings. They had some very good suggestions. While two people were working with me to organize the main garage, Ken, the owner, took upon himself to organize a workbench in a small shop area we had. I appreciated that he helped organize that area. They are very fair about the cost, indicating that if they work over 15 minutes or so I wouldn't have to pay because they wanted me to be satisfied. In addition to the "deal", we paid $75 for them to haul away the junk. That was fine with us, although some folks may want to have them stack stuff on the street if they have a community pickup the next day. They will do that as well. I am usually critical of the work we have done...often something is broken or otherwise problematic. However, Ken and his crew were great. They offered to do other kinds of work as well, but we didn't have anything at the moment. I would definitely hire them back for other organizing tasks.

Description of Work
Cleaned and organized my garage.

Category house cleaning, home & garage organization

06/01/2014

Jacque Y.

I purchased this deal because I need help cleaning up a large yard. The deal was easy to redeem and the company contacted me immediately to schedule service. I was then emailed again a short time later and was told that I was out of their service area. While that didn't make me happy, I understood. I am not happy though that this offer was even made to me. I am also not happy that my refund is going to take 7-10 days. You immediately got my money, I should immediately get it back. And to have to take this many additional steps for that is unacceptable. I am seriously considering canceling my membership as my only 2 encounters with your company have not been positive.

Category house cleaning

Dear Customer, We did respond very quickly, and noticed you were out of area, which we conveyed within minutes of the first response. There have been many purchases from your area that we have had to turn down, this is not Royal Cleaning companies' fault. We updated our service area prior to the big deals and updated storefront offers to exclude Woodland and several other areas. Your area should never have been able to purchase that deal in the first place, That was the fault of an Angie's List consultant. As to refund taking so long, again Royal Cleaning Company does not receive your payment directly, so we are subject to Angie's List policy, as are you. If it were up to us you would have immediate refund. As other companies may not take the time to respond at all I would ask that you change your rating of my company based solely on my customer service and responsiveness in our dealings.

05/30/2014

Cheri D.

I purchased the deal in February and they were very prompt responding to me. We had no scheduling issues. He came out a few days ago and was courteous and said he could do the job. I stayed home from work today expecting them to come through, but I checked my voicemail (he could’ve left it a day or 2 ago, I’m not sure) and he told me they didn’t think they could do the job well enough.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for housecleaning for $189.

05/27/2014

Valerie P.

Waste of time and money. It was a hassle to get scheduled, and I'm very disappointed with the results. The list of things they didn't do is longer than what they did. Not exactly sure what I paid for.

Description of Work
Big Deal - thorough cleaning

05/14/2014

Julianne S.

I was charged $310 for the entire cleaning which included an extra $13 per widow for cleaning the tracks.I couldn?t be here while they were cleaning and when I got home it was an absolute joke. The floors weren?t mopped and the beds weren?t made. I feel like they missed several things that should have been addressed in a deep clean. They did a whole walk through with me before the cleaning and went into great detail about the tiny things they would address including cleaning finger prints off of my cabinetry. I am very disappointed in their service and I feel like I was extorted for more money. The thing that bothers me the most is that the deal does not include a time frame-they promised to be here for as long as it takes to get the job is done. He didn?t hold to his own agreement.

Description of Work
Big Deal-$229 for Thorough Cleaning of Home, Office, or Commercial Property.

Category house cleaning

Dear customer, I am deeply sorry your service was not performed at all to your expectations. As myself and my best employee with a combined 30 years of experience and dedication to our cleaning profession it saddens me when a completed job is so disappointing to our loyal customers. First I did not extort money from you, you asked for window cleaning, track cleaning, window sill cleaning, and to have your window screens washed. I out of the kindness of my heart only charged you $13.00 per window for 6 huge triple panel windows for a total of $80.00... a savings of over $110.00 by any professional measure. You were ecstatic at the deal I gave you on your windows during our walk through, also you had several days to price shop. I would like to assure you as well that I personally washed every cabinet and drawer in both bathrooms and kitchen. I did not know if your comment about wiping fingerprints from cabinets had meant that they weren't done, please clarify what spots were missed as I cleaned every surface and edge and could not see anything when I was done. As for making the beds, I did as specified per our pre-cleaning inspection. We agreed I only make them if clean linen's were available, also if any clutter was on the floors I would put it on the beds. There were no clean linen's available, as per our agreement. As to staying until all work is completed per the coupon fine print... you are absolutely correct, Myself and my employee completed 8 labor hours of service... how long should a 1,300 sq. ft. house take to clean.... your house wasn't excessively dirty was it? because if it was then the fine print also stated clearly EXCESSIVELY DIRTY houses would COST EXTRA, yet we did not charge extra.

05/10/2014

Tom M.

Very well. Crew was prompt, thorough and explained what they'd do and how they'd do it.

Description of Work
Cleaned most of our house. Cleaned floors, walls, baseboards. Cleaned 3 bathrooms thoroughly. Cleaned the kitchen thoroughly.

Category house cleaning, floor cleaning

05/05/2014

Betty H.

Ken came to my house a few days early to talk with me and scope the job. When he determined what I was looking for, he lined up the right people, and came back the following Saturday as planned. They removed EVERYTHING from my garage, thoroughly cleaned the garage top to bottom, and worked with me to sort and organize everything, and put it back in. The sorting gets a little frantic, and I think I lost an empty warranty return box somewhere, but the job came out a lot better than I expected. They even helped me load my truck for a Good Will run. Now I can park my vehicles in the garage with room to actually open the doors!

Description of Work
Cleaned out and organized my messy garage!

Category house cleaning, home & garage organization

04/12/2014

Julie A.

I have been using Emmy McCloskey's services since 10/2012. She does an awesome job. She is never late and never leaves early. Emmy removes every particle of dust and dirt from my house. My house is over 5500 sq ft and when she leaves it smells wonderful and is sparkling clean. Nothing is out of place either after she has cleaned throughout the house. In addition, she is a kind and friendly woman. I can't imagine life without her and her excellent services.

Description of Work
8 hours of thorough house cleaning to include extra care for my hardwood floors, applying linseed oil and then buffing, spot cleaning the carpet, touching up the windows and much more that I didn't even have to ask to be done!

03/28/2014

Mary P.

The same day I purchased the coupon I got a call from Ken to schedule the cleaning. They arrived on time and we discussed what was to be done. Then they went to work. It was a very thorough deep cleaning. I love the results.

Description of Work
An excellent thorough cleaning of my 3600 sq ft two story home. They find an excellent job! I'm am very satisfied wight the results.

03/27/2014

Judith H.

There were 2 cleaners (man and woman) and they started upstairs. They were polite, systematic and thorough.

Description of Work
Entire house cleaning.

03/22/2014

Christine C.

We all introduced ourselves. They told us what they do. We said what we wanted.

Description of Work
Deep cleaned kitchen, bathroom, etc - HOUSE

Category house cleaning

Wow [member name removed], did you forget what you said when we finished your big deal cleaning a month and a half ago??? I am surprised, you told me that you expected me to miss spots, and were completely surprised that I had actually done everything as well, even better than you could do yourself. Even after our first return visit you commented on how much cleaner your kitchen was, and that you had never been able to get the counters and sink so clean yourself. While I appreciate the review you submitted it definitely lacked the enthusiastic response we first got from you during the final walk through, where you did nothing but rave about our quality of service. I understand you are upset that we could not work out a schedule you wanted at a price you wanted, but this review should reflect the service and quality of the big deal cleaning itself, and not written as a statement of your unhappiness that we will not be continuing your service. I believe as does every other member that has submitted a review that our service and performance is well above a "B" rating. It would be nice if your review actually included some constructive criticism to help us improve our quality and performance... you left no actual comments for us to even respond to. I would ask that you reconsider the review and either tell us what we missed or give us the scores we deserved at the times of our services. Sincerely Kenneth McCloskey Royal Cleaning Company Inc.

03/18/2014

Sandra H.

Cleaning crew here on time and very thorough. I was very pleased. They asked up front what I wanted done and took a tour of house. Even offered to clean some things I hadn't thought of. They worked very hard and worked steadily for 5 hours. They brought their own supplies and cleaned up so well. I don't have any complaints. I can't find any thing they didn't clean. They were so thorough. I will probably have them come on regular basis to keep things up. They are very accommodating--can come once a month, more if I want or just come and do spot cleanings. Rates are very reasonable and I definitely recommend their service.

Description of Work
They thoroughly cleaned my house including my stove, refrigerator, and microwave---inside and out!!! They dusted and vacuumed everywhere floors, ceilings(cobwebs), ceiling fans, blinds, window sills. table tops,mantle, baseboard and basically all surfaces. Everything literally shined and my house smelled so clean when they finished. Polished the cabinets, cleaned all mirrors, sinks, tub, showers, toilets, mopped all floors. Changed my air filter. I can't think of anything they didn't do.

03/15/2014

Charles S.

Not bad service, they were a little late, but overall a good job.

Description of Work
Did a deep clean of the house

03/09/2014

FRAN R.

Very well; professional; conscientious; good job.

Description of Work
Cleaned house, refrigerator, bathrooms, floors.

03/03/2014

Patricia C.

This provider was wonderful. Booking the appointment was easy, they were prompt to get back to me, and I was able to schedule a cleaning on the date/time I wanted. They arrived on time, reviewed the services to be provided, and went right to work. They were great at communicating during the cleaning if they had questions, and did a wonderful job getting our dirty house in top shape. They were also very friendly with my yellow lab, who followed them around shedding where they'd just cleaned :-) I would highly recommend Royal Cleaning Company. Great people, great service, great price.

Description of Work
They did a thorough deep cleaning of our home - vaccuum, mop/polish wood floors, clean inside refrigerator and stove, dust, clean bathrooms, clean ceiling fans, and more.

02/23/2014

Paul S.

I cannot say enough good things about the efforts of Ken and Vicki (sic) in reclaiming this home in preparation for refurbishing and occupancy. They were punctual (arrived at the agreed time), efficient (took no breaks or lunch!!) and completely professional in all of our interactions. This house was heavily soiled from top to bottom due to neglect by previous owners - more than I first witnessed when I viewed it for purchase. They were heavy duty smokers and hadn't done any level of housework that I could see in quite some time. I bought Royal's Big Deal for purposes of at least cleaning the two bathrooms and the kitchen before I had any other contractors come in to perform other work. It turned out to be way more than that (window sills, embedded grime in floors and drainboards, ceiling fans, trimwork, a heavily soiled refrigerator, etc.) and both Ken and Vicki stepped up to the task and went way beyond my expectations. As a result of their work and their "knowledge" of what it takes to get a house to optimal cleanliness and to keep it there, I've already agreed to have them perform regular housekeeping services once I get completely moved in.

Description of Work
Deep cleaning of vacant manufactured home in preparation for painting/recarpeting, etc. by new owner.

02/06/2014

Ermofili P.

Scheduling the service was an absolute pleasure, I needed someone to come after Christmas and clean for a huge New Years Eve party. I hadn't given much thought to scheduling the service and ended up calling last minute. I was stressed when I called Royal Cleaning, I had a mountain of work and no time to do it. Ken was an absolute pro, he came over to see me right away, and was able to assure me the cleaning would be done

Description of Work
A one time detailed whole house cleaning service for a 2,500 sq ft home. 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, kitchen, office, living room, laundry, and extra family room.

06/21/2013

Ermofili P.

Ken was very professional, and knowledgable on the phone, he was able to answer all my questions, and I felt quite comfortable hiring his company to come clean my home. Ken afforded me every convenience and the sceduleing of the work could not have been better for me. On cleaning day Ken was at my door right on time, he understood all my instructions, and was hard at work within 20 minutes of showing up. My house had never been so thouroughly cleaned and looked absolutely fantastic, just as it did when I bought the house new in 2009. It took almost 6 hours for him to clean my home, but ken assured me it would take much less time each week to maintain it. I have just sceduled him to come to my home weekly for 3 hrs at a time, now I can have my home looking new all the time! Thank you so much Ermofili Papadopoulou

Description of Work
General housecleaning 1,850 sq ft home with 4 beds 2 baths, kitchen, livingroom / dining room, and small office.

06/20/2013

Leslie H.

The owner Ken and employer John arrived 15 minutes early. Both were so nice and explained every part of the cleaning process which I though was nice touch. The company really takes pride in their work and went beyond what I was expecting. Best of all, I now love our new home!

Description of Work
We were moving into our new home that was trashed by previous tenants. I wasn't expecting much, but WOW did these guys perform a miracle, in this case. 2 guys cleaned 2650 sq. ft, 2 story house in 3 hours! Our 2 1/2 bath, 3 BR, Kitchen, family room were all spotless and smelled fresh when they were finished. Bravo Royal Cleaning!

Category house cleaning, floor cleaning

06/20/2013

Julie A.

Emma is always early and does a fantastic job. I never have to tell her what to do. She just knows. The best housekeeper I have ever had and I have had many!

Description of Work
Cleaning my entire house from top to bottom.