DOWN UNDER APPLIANCE,

Sacramento, CA 95816

CALIFORNIA LICENSED, #A46642

10/01/2014

Lisa S.

This is where the HUGE problems arises. 6 weeks later the refrigerator broke again. Same dang problem. They sent a different technician out on Monday. He was a nice guy and admitted that the other technician should have fixed the "whole" problem the first time he was out. This new technician told me I would need a new part. I told him to run it by my landlord (who is also a friend and ex-coworker). I asked the same thing of the first technician who was out in July & August and he did a good job of communicating with me. This time around I did not hear back. The technician told me the refrigerator would go out again in 7-12 days. Since I didn't want to have my food ruined for the fourth time I called Down Under and asked them if they could tell me what is going on. A "jerk" named Todd was super rude on the phone and said I was not a customer...my landlord was their customer so he wouldn't tell me ANYTHING. I was dumbfounded. I checked in with my landlord. She was as surprised as I was that Todd would not tell me something as simple as..."We ordered the part and we will call you when it comes in to schedule the appointment." I called Todd after talking with my landlord and he was even more rude than the first call. I told him I knew they ordered a part and wanted a heads up as to when I could expect it in. His first response was' "I have no idea." Knowing my food could go bad I pressed for at least a best guess. I couldn't believe a person who does this for a living had "no idea" how long it would take for the part to be shipped and in house. When I pressed Todd he said that it could be 1-7 days. I asked him why he could not have told me any of this the first time I called. He once again told me I was NOT the customer and they don't have to tell me anything and don't owe me anything. He started getting increasingly more rude as the conversation progressed. I told him I was a customer because I was the one who was the Angie's List customer and made the referral to my landlord. He told me he didn't care that I was as an Angie's List member. I told him I would write a bad review on Angie's list and he literally said he could care less if I wrote a bad review on Angie's List. I could not believe how rude and unprofessional Todd was. When I said I was going to write a review anyway Todd threatened me and said he was going to make me wait 2 weeks or more to get the part. I couldn't believe he threatened to keep me from getting the part. Wow! Who does that? An hour later I had a message on my phone saying the part was in stock and I needed to call and set up an appointment. I called. A young woman answered the phone. She took about 5 minutes on the phone to find my file. She then said the computer was not working so she could not set up the appointment. She said the supervisor, Natasha, would call me to set up the appointment. An hour went by. I called and the same young woman answered and seemed surprised the supervisor had not called me. She told me to call back if I had not heard anything in 15 minutes. I called back in 30 minutes and a completely different woman answered the phone. It took about 5 minutes for her to go through the whole process of finding my account. She then said she couldn't schedule the appointment because she did not have confirmation the part was in stock. I told her I have a message on my voicemail from Todd saying it is in stock. She then said she would talk with the supervisor, Natasha. She put me on hold and when she came back she told me the Natasha did not have the file in front of her and I would have to wait until tomorrow morning to see about scheduling a technician. At this point I couldn't believe the unprofessional runaround I was getting. It was late in the day, but tomorrow I am calling the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. I noticed when I got on the site tonight that Down Under has SEVERAL bad reviews. Do yourself a favor and save time and hassle by going with a appliance service center that has good reviews and professional service.

Description of Work
My membership to Angie's List expired 2 weeks ago and I renewed just to write this review. I hope people stop giving their money to this business. The refrigerator on my refrigerator/freezer went out in July. The technician came out. He was a nice guy and proceeded to fix the refrigerator. About 6 weeks later the same exact problem happened again. I called and they said they would send someone out the next day. The same technician came out but, unfortunately, he was about an hour later than expected. I called to inquire. The technician said he didn't get the message about our morning appointment. When he showed up he was nice and admitted he did not put the freezer back together properly his first visit. He fixed the problem again.

07/03/2013

Kris S.

I complained to owner. Was told tech was a "sub" and that I had to work out the dispute directly with tech. What a crock. Told everyone I knew to dump them. Sad, because I had used that company for 8yrs previously (stove, oven, fridge) and had excellent service. I think they may have new ownership.

Description of Work
Tech charged 2 service calls to replace a fuse in my dishwasher. Overcharged me for the $17.00 fuse by an additional $40 (I verified through a local appliance part dealer). Charged for BOTH trips - 1st trip to diagnose ($90), 2nd trip ($90) to get part because he didn't have on truck. NOTE- most common dishwasher model of that year based on Consumer Reports - a no brainer to carry part.

01/24/2013

Rodney P.

IFrom Oct 3, 2012 thru Dec 10,2012 Down Under Appliance on six different occasions tried to repair our LG Dryer to no avail. When they could not figure out how to fix our dryer they finally called LG customer service. LG customer service continually tried to tell them different parts to install in the dryer. None of the parts Down Under Appliance technicians tried to install worked. Finally they sent out their Senior Technician who attempted to correct the problem of our dryer not drying the clothes thoroughly and he tried everything he knew how to complete the repair but was unable to figure it out. After the sixth visit to repair my dryer I grew tired of dealing with Down Under Appliance and demanded a refund of $285.00 which they promply refunded. Down Under Appliance has severe problems with punctuality. On the first attempted repair the Down Under Appliance technician failed to show up at the appointed time. Their dispatcher failed to call and let us know the technician was running severely late.

Description of Work
Dryer repair Dryer not drying clothes thoroughly enough thru timed cycles.

Category appliance repair

We first went to the Customers house on 10/5/2012 the technician diagnosed the dryer and ordered a thermostat for install. Technician returned on 10/17/2012 and installed thermostat and the dryer tested OK. Customer called that dryer was still not drying and our technician returned on 10/18/2012 and on this visit technician spoke with LG technical support and ran diagnosis directed by LG technical support and was directed to replace the dryer’s control board. On 10/26/2012 technician returned and installed new control board and dryer tested OK. The next call we received from the customer was on 12/8/2012, 43 days since dryer was repaired in October. We sent out our senior technician to diagnosis the dryer. Senior technician recommended replacing sensor. We did not charge for this visit. The technician returned on 12/13/2012 to install the sensor dryer tested OK. Again customer was not charged. Received another call on 1/10/2013 that dryer was still not working. Senior technician suggested replacing the sensor again and LG technical support recommended replacing the control board again. At this point we recommended that the customer find a new appliance repair company who might be able to repair his dryer since we had exhausted our options. The customer began accusing us of gouging him and installing unnecessary parts. At this point we walked him through all of the calls and charges for the repairs performed and showed that we had only charged for two parts (the thermostat & control board) all other parts installed were at Down Under Appliance’s expense. We asked the customer other than not repairing his dryer how we had mislead or cheated the him. We directed the customer to LG customer care and informed him that they had all the documentation of our repairs we had done nothing wrong. We did all we could to repair the dryer and in the end we gave the customer a 100% refund.

09/01/2011

SAUL S.

Technician came over in a timely fashion, diagnosed and repaired refrigerator. I paid by check, which was cashed by the compnay within a week. Since the, I have been sent three "overdue bill" notices and have tried to contact them - there is no contact number on the invoice so I returned the invoice to the central address with a bank copy of the cashed check. I have not heard from them in two months, but I may get another bill. They need to overhaul their administrative processes so that they close their books on paid accounts and provide contact information to teh consumer. The hassle of trying to straighten this out has been far greater than the benefit of the repair. I would never use them again.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Category appliance repair

This problem has been addressed with updated software. We are sorry for any aggravation we caused Customer.

02/07/2010

Joseph C.

Excellent. The workers were prompt and on time, and were considerate enough to call when they were on their way. They had to make two visits, as a part had to be replaced and they did not have it in stock. They received it the day after their first visit, and came back the next day to install it. After the installation the technician did not believe that the water flow was what it should be, and he volunteered to go under the house with me to replace a filter that needed replacing to increase the flow.

Description of Work
Repaired refrigerator ice maker; the water was not getting to the ice maker.

02/18/2008

RONNI R.

It went well. The serviceman was able to come the same day. He was polite and appropriate. He had to order a part and it came in the next day. The repair was completed within 2 days of calling them.

Description of Work
They had to replace the timing device in my built-in refrigerator.

08/30/2007

BRENDA F.

I didn't like the fact that they came out twice when all they had to do was come out the first time with the part and fix the problem. Their customer service wasn't too great either and I also thought that they were a bit expensive.

Description of Work
Down Under Appliance replaced a broken motor in my dishwasher.

11/09/2006

DEBRA F.

Company was very responsive. They had a service tech out to my house within 2 hours of my call. Heating element was replaced. The oven works fine.

Description of Work
Replaced the heating element in my oven.

10/31/2006

KRIS K.

Excellent. Appointment was made within 12 hrs of calling them. Roy was on time and made sure the stove was calibrated, and checked the elements on the cooktop. Apparently, my removal of the elements for cleaning was loosening the prongs. Nothing was broken. I was only charged for the service call ($45 under home warranty). I would use them again. I had used them over a year ago to fix the fridge, that went well too.

Description of Work
Verify stove & cooktop (both ancient) were working properly before we cook the holiday turkey!

09/28/2006

I had to wait 2-3 weeks for parts but once they came in they were here right away and did a good job. There was a minor problem but they were out that same day to fix the problem. They were just excellent. They did not leave any mess.

Description of Work
They did some work on my fridge/freezer.

07/24/2006

JOAN C.

On time; pleasant service man. Offered options, including doing nothing without harm to appliance. Explained what required to do repair and the costs.

Description of Work
Piece broke off refrigerator door hinge. Came to check for repairs.