Cal-Vintage Roofing Co Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2006

We are Open! Cal-Vintage Roofing Co Inc - Family owned/operated, fully insured roofing company, serving the greater Sacramento area. Free digital estimates. Call or click today 916-635-8320, reroof@calvintageroofing.com. We specialize in: residential re- roofing, new roofs, commercial, repairs,

roofing (244)gutter repair (41)skylight installation (8)insulation (8)chimney repair (5)siding companies (3)home inspection (3)

08/23/2022

Thomas C.

An excellent experience. From the initial inspection and quote to the materials delivery, roof deck and facia repairs and roof installation and final cleanup. Communication is maintained throughout and all my concerns are addressed. The crews are friendly and professional. The office is attentive to address any issues. My expectations were met and exceeded. Four roofs for me and my extended family.

Description of Work
Roofing a primary and secondary dwelling with roof deck repair.

Work Completed On 08/23/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed]: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience and I will share it with the Cal-Vintage team!

10/08/2021

James C.

Job was well done and communication was professional. Even took before/after pictures with of the specific spots and used a drone to highlight overall work areas. Was a really nice touch.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

10/05/2021

john W.

I contacted Cal-Vintage Roofing about several roof issues. Marcus examined my roof and gave me a detailed proposal (with photographs) of each problem area and a clear explanation of the plan to repair each issue. Ultimately, Cal-Vintage was able to get to my job earlier then promised and completed it in a timely and highly professional manner.

Description of Work
Removal of old solar panels and various roof and gutter repairs

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

09/10/2021

john W.

I contacted Cal-Vintage Roofing about several roof issues. Marcus inspected my roof and gave me a detailed proposal (with photographs) of each problem area and a clear explanation of the plan to repair each issue. Ultimately, Cal-Vintage was able to get to my job earlier then promised and completed it in a timely and highly professional manner.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter repairs

Category gutter repair, home inspection, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

04/02/2021

Debra S.

The entire process was smooth. I loved Eric the sales rep. He went over everything in detail and even gave me a senior discount without me asking. Martin the job foreman was informative and kept me up to date with everything that was going on. I had a sky tunnel installed in the “dungeon “ room and it is now my office. The tunnel has a light softening cover Which I love. I’ve seen tunnels which were too bright. This cover looks like a regular ceiling light. Very pleasant. I will recommend their services!

Description of Work
New roof with underlayment, gutters & sky tunnel

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Thank you for the review! I am so happy to hear you had a positive experience and I will pass along your kind words to the Cal-Vintage team, that worked together on your project.

04/28/2020

Sharon O.

He found the leak right away and fixed it (probably). It's not rained since but I'm confident it is fixed. He also went and checked other vents and caulked them. I appreciated that he looked around the roof area and checked for other possible problems.

Description of Work
Roof leak around a bathroom vent

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

John & Marta S.

They did a very good job. Only took a day and a half. No mess at all, they were very good at cleaning up.

Description of Work
They reshingled the whole roof and did the dry rot around the chimney.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Amy M.

They did a good job. Never had any problems.

Description of Work
Replaced whole roof .

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Amy F.

It was absolutely wonderful. They were actually able to make it happen earlier. Super communicative. It went smoothly from start to finish.

Description of Work
They completely re-roof the house.

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

12/18/2017

Joan M.

Cal Vintage roofing didn't give me the time of day. Would not respond to my email or return my phone call.

Description of Work
Repair a leak in my roof.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed] I do apologize for this late response. After careful review of our customer data base, your name or address was not found. I am sorry if we misplaced your information and did not contact you.

10/03/2017

GARY K.

A driver had lost control of his car and end up in my house. He ended up on my front porch. We had no idea why they couldn't stop the car, it looked like some kind of race. I had them come over and do the repair work on the gutters and roof. My neighbors used them and got a new roof. They're a good group, I'd vouch for them. If my roof had to be done totally they would do it and they would be in the top two companies to get estimates. The insurance company paid for that. It was great, they were nice.

Description of Work
I had him repair some roofing and gutters that was smashed up.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

09/29/2017

Kenneth R.

So for a roof warrantied only one year by Call-Vintage Roofing, I got 25 square feet done in 7 man hours of labor plus needless expense of solar panel removal and replacement.

Description of Work
My flat roof had a leak. They told me I had to have solar panels removed. At $1,000 expense that was done. Roofer worked by himself for 5 hours then another roofer came and they finished one hour later. So for six hours of labor and materials for 25 square feet repair, the price was $4,600! Solar panel man returned and put them back in original location. He said they hadn't needed removing to begin with.

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

Hello: After speaking to the homeowner, we realized we made an error and did not finish the original scope of work per the contract. We sent our roofing crew back out and finished the roof work. Providing honest work and the highest level of customer service is something we strive for daily.

09/13/2017

a C.

Once, the project started it only took about 5 days for completion. Still waiting on some items for the chimney area but otherwise it's done. Took a little over a month to start and due to the weather the date got pushed out two weeks, no big deal. The crew was very courteous and professional. My neighbors even commented on how they seemed to know what they were doing. Tony did an awesome job, the roof looks great.

Description of Work
I had my old concrete tile roof removed. Having water leak in the garage area. Installed Low-E insulation as well.

Category insulation, roofing

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/07/2017

Ricardo F.

The workmen were very professional, but the projected dragged on and on due to administrative problems with securing permit approvals. The cost of the project increased as additional issues were addressed. The company was very apologetic about the delays but it was not a pleasant process.

Description of Work
Reroofing and dry rot repair

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

07/16/2017

Walter K.

Excellent and very responsive contractor. Stuck with an elusive leak repair problem until it was corrected.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

07/10/2017

Sheri W.

Not well. They changed my start date four times, lied to me about working on Saturdays and did not do things as promised. On top of that Nelson Bajas the field superintendent told me on the second day there would be two to four extra hours of labor added for the unseen dry rot. The final bill was for 26 hours of extra labor at a whopping $2204 more than the original price. I was shocked.

Description of Work
A new roof.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

Hello [Member Name Removed]:Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience with Cal-Vintage was not a positive one. Unfortunately, your project had to be rescheduled several times due to the rain which is beyond our control. We had a completion date (6/19/17) scheduled for your job, but we were unable to keep that due to the large amount of dry rot that was found. Valerie indicated that our roofers are not required to work Saturdays and if they do, it is only half a day. And they were not scheduled to work Saturday on your project. Martin gave you a quote of approximately 20-22 hours of dry rot work(only able to assess after the roof was torn off). He later informed you that it took 2-4 hours more than we approximated. For the last 14 years, we have installed hundreds of roofs in the greater Sacramento area and have received an outstanding reputation in the roofing industry. Our family business was built on traditional values, honesty, and integrity. We want all of our customers to receive quality work, fair/competitive prices, the highest level of customer service and a positive experience.

06/29/2017

Jesse N.

Called because I thought they had a good reputation. Worst experience I have had with a contractor, and that is saying a lot. Unresponsive, unprofessional, took over two weeks to get an estimate and then they had to come back again to re-estimate...all for a basic repair. And then comes the best part. After setting up a time to get paperwork started I'm contacted by the estimator who said that after consulting with ownership (who I never actually heard from) they're not the contractor for the job. Wasted over 1 month of my time during the rainy season, so I responded to let them know that I would be leaving an honest review with the BBB. The estimator then called me until I picked up. Big mistake. Was greeted by F bombs, four letter words, and threats. Neither Cal Vintage management nor ownership ever called to offer an explanation or apology, so you can ignore whatever response they have to this review.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed]: My name is Lisa Mazzuca-Perry and I want to apologize again for the unsatisfactory service you received. I would like to remind you that I did respond to your review you left on Yelp back in March 2017. The estimator you worked with has been dismissed from our company. Cal-Vintage takes reviews very seriously . We are a family owned business and we treat customers like we treat family. If our customers do not have a positive experience, we will do everything we can to make amends. If you still wish to speak to either myself , Father or Brother, do not hesitate to call or email. Thank you.

06/22/2017

Angelika S.

The broken tiles were replaced and matched to the existing tiles. Excellent job. I will hire this company again for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
repair of broken tiles

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

I am so happy we were able to help you. We look forward to working with you again if you ever need further roofing services.

06/13/2017

Kristen V.

After a bullet when through our roof on new year eve, I have been calling roofers for months and never got a call back from the other guys. I called Cal-Vintage and my call was returned the same day and Joel came out a few days later and was able to fix my roof on the spot with no charge! You don't find honest people this around. If you need roof work call Cal-Vintage!

Description of Work
A roof repair

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sure you never imagined that happening to you on New Year's Eve. Joel is a fantastic estimator(one of our best), very honest, thorough and goes the extra mile for his customers. I am glad he was able to repair your roof at no cost.

06/07/2017

Patty P.

I know he is honest and they are really good. I wouldn't have anyone else do the work. They're excellent. I would recommend them to everybody. They have been on the honor roll multiple times and they deserve to be on there. He gave a 10 percent discount. The price was excellent. He has done work for me before. They are always on time or early.

Description of Work
It was just minor roof repair. We had some leaking in the garage, so they just did a little bit of flashing, a little bit of cleanup, and there was some dry rot as well.

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

04/26/2017

George G.

Estimator came out, looked at the problem and gave me an estimate on the spot. We scheduled the repair and the repair crew were on time, polite, professional, and did a great job. I highly recommend them and would definitely use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Had a water leak in one of our bedrooms ceilings.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/13/2017

Sharon H.

After first contact with the office, the estimator was supposed to call but did not. We contacted the office again and were given the estimator's cell phone number. We left messages for him that were not returned; finally got hold of him on our 3rd try. He gave us a date for an estimate which was about when another contractor could actually do the job. We would not have tried so hard but this company was highly recommended by a friend. We chose another contractor.

Description of Work
Reroof, gutter, downspouts.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017