American Leak Detection - Palm Springs

Founded 1974 • With Angi since November 2009

4.4

888 E Research Dr Ste 100

Palm Springs, CA 92263

At American Leak Detection, we realize that leaks can cause significant property damage and greatly inflate your water bills. A dripping faucet is an annoyance, while a hidden leak can be a nightmare. American Leak Detection’s highly trained technicians use our own non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate the leak to save time, money and avoid unnecessary property damage....

03/19/2018

SCOTT T.

It went very well!

Description of Work
They found where the pipes are leaking and they fixed it.

09/27/2016

Anne S.

The team was efficient. The technician on the initial visit identified the nature of the problem and general location. A team of three came to pinpoint it and repair it. They worked well together, and were experienced, intelligent, and careful. Prior to hiring them, I had spoken with a restoration company affiliated with my insurance carrier (insurance does not cover slab leaks), and he explained things to me and gave me a ballpark quote on est. price so that I would be comfortable with the amount charged.

Description of Work
Rerouting of a slab leak in the hot water line.

09/19/2016

Anne S.

The crew was very efficient. The diagnosis was a bit comples as it involved a slab leak, but they located that leak and fixed it, as well as doing a bit of preventive rerouting of pipes to obviate a future leak.

Description of Work
Locate a leak and repair it.

06/15/2016

Ed M.

Description of Work
Checked pool for leak . Found leaking autofill valve. Came back after repair at no charge (within 30 days of initial check) found and repaired leak at bottom of skimmer. No leak since their repair!

05/04/2016

Sheri B.

Description of Work
confirmed no leak!

03/01/2016

Lawrence D.

12/25/2015

Kathleen C.

Description of Work
Repaired pool leak

11/05/2015

Edward D.

10/27/2015

Joan K D.

Description of Work
My plumber called them out. S.O.S. plumbing

10/21/2015

everett R.

10/21/2015

Dale D.

Description of Work
Rerouted main water line to home.

10/09/2015

mike R.

Description of Work
I hire them for the toughest jobs.

10/09/2015

Charlene N.

Description of Work
They found leak in Pool after Ultimate Pool damaged lines. Their first attempt was wrong still have damage to fix after contractors board comes out to assess a bad job from Ultimate Pool. They did find the leak however and fixed it. They were nice did their job. I don't blame them for damage in an attempt to find leak. Sometimes these things happen. I have recommended them to my friends and family. Real professional and worked as a team.

10/06/2015

Myriam F.

Description of Work
They checked for leaks in the pool. Cant remember the cost of the service, but it was worth it.

03/02/2015

Ms Alicia G.

First American Leak Detectors came out to figure out the leak the first time, they promptly found it (approx $400).. The pool equipment installer had not installed the piping correctly and it was leaking whenever the pool equipment was turned on. The pool guy is a good one, so we wanted to do what we could to salvage the situation without loosing his services, however the Pool equipment Company he used were about as unprofessional as could be. The the pool man had the pool equipment installer repair where ALD indicated the leak was. This was a waste of 3 months, as the pool continued to drain down to the intake valve every night after the pool equipment would run. We just stopped filling it and eventually turned off the filters while we waited, and waited for the pool equipment company to return and fix the leak properly. They failed to do so. We called American Leak Detectors who came out again diagnosing the exact same problem for the second time and then made an appointment later to fix it, which they did. I thought American Leak Detectors should have given me a price break on the 2nd call back diagnostic since it was the same leak same place and it was the second call back, but they did not. So the cost above does not reflect the first charge to diagnose the problem. At this point of the long wait and the call back, money was not the issue. Repairing the leak and getting it done RIGHT was the important issue. The concrete had been broken into 4 or 5 times, the leak supposedly fixed the same and the water loss due to the original pool equipment installer was unconscionable in this time of drought. 5 Months I gave that Company to fix this problem and they couldn't do it. Neither did the original company even offer to reimburse me for American Leak Detectors service to repair the leak at anytime. We chose, and will continue to choose American Leak Detectors because they are the BEST at what they do. They make an appointment and keep it, they give the customer and estimate then stick to it; They give a 1 year warranty with their work. So far, after over 8 calls to American Leak Detectors for over almost 15 years, we have not had to call them back to fix any of their repairs. My final words? Expensive, but absolutely worth it.

Description of Work
Found a leak in the return line of the under concrete pool equipment, repaired the leak, found another in a capped line and repair that as well.

01/23/2015

harvey G.

Other plumbers that looked at job all wanted to break tile and concrete to excavate. They had about 20" on either side and they were able to get it done. Price was very fair and substantially less than others quoted and the major bonus was I didn't have to even try to find a tile guy for a small job and try to match paving tile which likely would have been very difficult. Company was very responsive from first contact onward - price came in as estimated. The crew was very professional.

Description of Work
Dug down on either side of a tiled walkway and removed broken section of sewer line and replaced with new.

06/19/2013

Gary V.

They quoted me more than they actually charged me. Although the leak was easy to find, two other (less expensive) services could not fix the problem like these folks. I definately give them a thumbs up!

Description of Work
Found leak in my pool pump that two other services could not find.

02/25/2013

Ronald W.

It took the "technician" no more that 10 minutes to find the pin hole in the shower grout. I think a $75-$85 service call would have been more appropriate than a $250 charge. Had the work been more involved and time consuming, of course more money woud have been warranted.

Description of Work
Pin hole leak in shower tile grout.

Category plumbing

Our technician arrived at 1:36 and performed an electronic leak detection on the pressurized water lines, both hot and cold systems, where he found no pressurized leaks at that time. Next, the technician performed a cause and origin test and inspected the shower. After performing a static test on the drain, no problems were found. The continued test found structure cracks under glass blocks causing water to seep into the wall while shower is in use. A report was made for the homeowner and pictures taken of problem area. The technician left at 2:22 for a total of 38.07 minutes (taken from our GPS unit located in his work vehicle.) Each homeowner is presented with a work authorization form to sign, which clearly states the cost per job, before work is begun.

01/07/2013

Haskell B.

He came and did his job and we didn't have any repercussions or problems after he left.

Description of Work
We have used AMERICAN LEAK DETECTION for gas leak repair.

Category gas leak repair

10/16/2012

Sandra N.

r.They arrived on Tuesday and started trying to find the leak, I have an older pool built back in the 60's so the guy wasn't familiar with the pool apparently or how the pool works, he spent a long time, then said he was going to do a test of some sort and would be back the next day, I called two days later, since I had not seen him and the pool was still the same, finally came back later that day and told me that the leak was apparently the valve but stated he wasn't familiar with the older pool,that he had never worked on a pool that old? Anyway by that time I had talked with a handyman and he said its probably the valve and it can be replaced cheaply. I didn't have this company repair the valve since he had taken so long to find the leak, and didn't come the day prior when he said he would be back, he told me he had been back earlier that morning but I sure didn't see him and I am always up early.

Description of Work
They came out on one day and two days later came to finish trying to find the leak, I was very disappointed in the work and price! I did get the discount but the cost weren't worth the total cost. And the time they spent trying to located a leak sure wasn't helpful.

Category pool cleaners

This member hired us to locate a suspected pool leak and states she was disappointed in the price. It is our practice to emphasize the pricing structure to every customer before work begins. The member signed the standard work authorization form stating what work would be done (detection only) and the cost of $250. Our technician spent 1.5 hours performing a pressurized leak detection test on the pool’s return and suction lines the first day and found no leaks. At this time, a static test was set up to verify the loss amount and pool equipment was shut off, not allowing the water to circulate. We apologize for the member’s inconvenience because the technician was ill the following day. He returned the day after, finding no water loss was detected from the static test. Still attempting to locate the leak during his second visit, he set up another static test, this time with the equipment turned on. He returned the same day six hours later to find a water loss of three inches. He determined the pool was only losing water when the pump was on, and conducted another test on the pool equipment at this time. He discovered water was flowing through a back wash valve that was no longer active and he recommended replacing this valve to address the water loss. The member states they, “had talked with a handyman and he said it’s probably the valve.” This member was informed the faulty valve was the issue by American Leak Detection and we located the problem as we were hired to do. All of our vehicles are equipped with GPS and records show the technician was on site during three separate instances during the two day period. All of our detections come with a 30 day warranty.

08/22/2012

Kathy B.

They charge $250 just to come out. They arrived on time but I found the leak myself. So they reduced the charge to $200 but for that amount they really did nothing. I think they are pricey for a service call.

Description of Work
Called to find a leak between water meter and house.

04/27/2012

Ken S.

They came on time, found the source of the leak.

Description of Work
Found the source of They he leak, but the price seemed a little high.

08/11/2011

Barry W.

They were very responsive and did a good job. I liked their services and will use the same in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of American Leak Detection-Palm Springs to repair a leaking water line, sometime in February or March, 2011.

02/08/2011

ME T.

The service call was scheduled immediately. Greg came out and inspected where water damaged had occurred inside a wall. The day before Ben's Plumbing repaired a leaking shower faucet near the damage and I wanted to make sure there were no other leaks in the line (and didn't want to tear out a wall to find out). Greg ran a thorough pressure test and determined there were no leaks. The service was excellent and I felt the invoice was fair.

Description of Work
Checked plumbing for water leak inside wall.

11/12/2009

Glenn C.

They know what they are doing but they didn't necessarily do a great job for me. I had to have them come back out multiple times because the leak was still leaking. I wouldn't use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed leaks in my pool.

Category pool cleaners

Gold Medal Plumbing Inc

We are a full service licensed, insured and bonded plumbing company. We have been in business since 2000 and we are family owned.

Offers by Gold Medal Plumbing Inc on Angi
    Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter

Founded in 1993, Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter has served the greater Los Angeles area with a commitment to service and value. We have the experience and expertise to get the job done right the first time. Our skilled professionals use only the finest tools and materials and their trucks are the most well-equipped in Los Angeles County

Offers by Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter on Angi
    Kerrygold Plumbing Inc

When you need reliable plumbing services, turn to the Canoga Park plumbers at Kerrygold Plumbing Inc. With over 35 years of experience, you get superior workmanship and exceptional customer service from their highly trained staff. From simple plumbing issues to complex sewer repairs, the plumbing company has the manpower and equipment to help you. You can trust that their skilled plumbers only deliver honest and professional services with affordable and upfront pricing. Kerrygold Plumbing Inc. is committed to providing you with excellent plumbing services 24/7. Get a quick response when you call (855) 521-7727 for a service. Cost is determined by the job. Family owned & operated. Additional services: leak detection & repair, gas leak detection & repair, all fixture installation, water main repair & replacement, garbage disposals, boiler installation, water filters, copper & repining & earthquake valve.

Offers by Kerrygold Plumbing Inc on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Leak Detection, Swimming Pool Repair, Slab, Sewer Leaks, Sprinkler Systems, Swimming Pool Crack Injection, Concealed Plumbing Systems.