Steve Cavenee Electric

Founded 1980 • With Angi since February 2009

Steve Cavenee Electric has proudly served Southern California, including Orange, West Riverside and East Los Angeles counties for over thirty-five years, since 1980; Licensed and Bonded under California State License number C10 467884. During that time, we have maintained a small crew of

electrician (610)lighting (122)ceiling fan installation (71)landscape lighting (21)home theater installation (16)generator service (3)

11/18/2022

Sheila W.

quick & easy & fast... very professional

Description of Work
1 wall outlet replaced

Work Completed On 11/17/2022

08/01/2022

P J D.

I have used Steve Cavanee Electric several times over the years and am always happy with their work. This time I needed a new exterior grounded plug for a new drip irrigation system I'm have installed. This time I wanted a four plug outlet, which was no problem. As usual, they were on time, cleaned up after themself and was not overpriced. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior outlet

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

06/27/2022

Bridget K.

Very well, guys left very little for me to clean up after!

Description of Work
Had quite a list: new power outlets in kitchen (5), exhaust fans in bathrooms (3), Light fixture in stairwell, convert two prong power plugs to 3, light fixture in one bathroom over vanity.

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

04/29/2022

Charles W.

Buyer beware, the owner is very rude. He knows all so don't try to ask questions are you will be hung-up on. The Technicians did a great job with the work. You're better off finding a company registered with the Better Business Bureau. [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Lights and Fans connected

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

04/27/2022

Bernard B.

Did a great job. I also want you to know, after I paid him he recalculated the bill and found out he owed me some money which he is sending back to me. I have dealt with a lot of handy man and this is the first honest one I have seen. I will use only him when I have a electrical problem and I will refer them to everyone I know who asks me if I know a good electriction.

Description of Work
new circut breakers put into fuse box

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

03/21/2022

Rachel F.

Workmen arrived on time, explained what they would be doing, completed work in timely manner, cleaned everything up and reviewed work to see if it met with our approval.

Description of Work
Fixed several outlets in garage, removed old wiring, disconnected outside wiring from house to garage due to new fuse box and capped off lines at roof. also capped them off at roof. Replaced garage switch for inside light

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

02/15/2022

Pax P.

I have been having Steve and his electrician helping me for years. They are always reliable and easy to work with. Always happy with them. But the recent electrician who came to help super amazing work. Thank you Luis and Anthony. 1. They figured out different options methodically and came up with the best route of option to increase the AMP to the guest house. They clearly communicate the options to me and provide recommendations. 2. They also fixed the lutron switch connected light that does not completely turn off when switched off using lutron switch 3. They also fixed the string light that has been so dimmed, instead of light up with full brightness, which has not been able to be fixed by other electricians who have been in the house 4. Even with the electric panel that is a little bit bigger, they figured out a way to fit it in, within the box, instead of having the box to be completely removed as previously recommended. I would give these two electrician 7 out of 5 stars

Description of Work
Replaced electrical panel, fixed Lutron switch, fixed string light in the backyard, increase Amp for the bathroom

Cost $1,788.8

Work Completed On 02/04/2022

01/02/2022

Ed P.

I had a power outage at my room yesterday, he explained how to reset the breaker. His information enabled to solve the problem. I will be using his services again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/01/2022

11/05/2021

Jim T.

They did an excellent job and we were very happy with them.

Description of Work
One wall outlet not working, and one motion-sensitive switch needs to be installed.

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

11/03/2021

David W.

I had a car wall charger that wasn't working. I called Steve for help. Steve called me back to discuss my issue. Over the phone Steve told me several things to look for that might be causing the issue. After testing and inspecting the wiring based on his suggestions, I was able to locate and correct the problem. Steve helped me with this over two phone calls, and I was very impressed that he'd take the time to work with me. Thanks Steve!

Description of Work
Car charger wasn't working.

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

10/29/2021

Jackie D.

They gave an estimate of 2.25hrs that was half of what they eventually charged. They failed to route the wires properly to make room for a medicine cabinet even though they were told to do so before starting. When we pointed out their mistake, they re-routed and charged us an additional 2.25hrs labor @$100/hr to fix their mistake in addition to a $40 "trip" charge. At the initial estimate time of 2.25hrs I asked how they were doing and they said "10 minutes". They did not get nor ask for the signature required by law to start the work or our initial to increase the estimate past 2.25hrs to 4.5hrs. When we called to discuss their bill they told us essentially to pound sand. They tried to say we we not around to monitor but I was in the garage almost the entire time and they walked past me at least 8 times over the last 2 hours (the overtime) and just left when finished. My handyman was available also. Extremely rude when we called. Would never use them again. Just got their bill. Obviously they were too embarrassed to hand the bill to me while I was there. I very rarely leave a negative review but I had no choice this time.

Description of Work
evaluation and repair/route of an electrical wire from when house was built.

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Most of the information above is untrue, or at best, inaccurate. When our technicians arrived, they were instructed to reroute wires to make room for a medicine cabinet. The hourly rate and $40 service call were carefully explained and agreed to prior to arrival. When they were almost ready to leave, the handyman came in and said “oh, I forgot to tell you I need to move that stud so you’ll have to reroute your wires again”. It took the technicians an additional 2 hours to do the job a second time, to compensate for the handyman‘s mistake. The technicians didn’t leave an invoice because we do all of our billing by email. At NO TIME were the technicians ever rude to the customer. When the customer called me (the owner) after the job was complete, I asked her where she was at the time the additional work was discussed, and she said she had to leave to take a sick relative to the hospital and left the handyman in charge! I said she should have remained there to oversee the project. I wasn't rude at all, just told her why we went over our original estimate. She wasn't available for comment or signatures to amend the original estimate at the time the additional work was performed. The handyman was "in charge". Then she said "obviously, you never heard that the customer is always right!" We have always taken responsibility for our estimate times, but her story above is just a fabrication. The truth came out during our phone conversation 2 weeks ago.

08/13/2021

Jon K.

They were quick, clean, and under budget, even with adding dead receptacles repair the day of service. Couldn't recomend more highly!

Description of Work
Installed 220 car charger and fixed dead recepticles

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

06/14/2021

Leslie L.

They were prompt and did a great job installing and fixing the doorbell. I plan on using them again soon!

Description of Work
Repair doorbell; install ceiling lights

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

03/09/2021

Jeff E.

Went perfect! Guys did a great job!

Description of Work
Exhaust Fan

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

02/05/2021

NICK A.

Very smooth. and the job was completed in a reasonable time.

Description of Work
Installation of a chandelier and a ceiling fan

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

02/04/2021

James R.

Showed up on time and installed chandelier in less than an hour

Description of Work
Chandelier installation

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

12/10/2020

Catherine K.

Multipart project with guys coming in when available and also by appt. Some confusion ensued, but was addressed timely and everything was ultimately complete to satisfaction. Special thanks to Shawn, who did the initial walk through and mentioned the availability of easy drop in LED fixtures and also the newest electrician (Joey? I'm sorry...but they will know who I'm talking about--East Coast transplant), who really came through on overtime to make the final wiring and confusion corrections happen. Yeoman's job!

Description of Work
Labeling of the breaker panel, checking grounding, installing ground wires, changing out and converting higher amp outlets, converting switches, adding outlet.

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

12/06/2020

Irving K.

I would like to comment on Steve’s character. I would describe him as unselfishly caring for his customer. When I described the problem in the request for his tune-up special, he phoned me and instructed me in real-time how to fix the problem without automatically sending his electrician out and charging me. An amazing experience!

Description of Work
Repair non-operating outlets and ceiling fan

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

11/21/2020

Martin O.

Excellent. Efficient, professional, pleasant and friendly. Honestly performed work for a fair price.

Description of Work
Find the cause of low voltage at our bathroom outlets and correct it.

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

10/26/2020

Edwin & Susan C.

It went great. they found the problem, fixed it and made some recommendations for another project. Got an estimate from powell electric and Steve and is partner did it for way less and they found the problem.. Powell couldn't find the problem and left charging for nothing.I think I found me an electrician for life.They did great

Description of Work
they had to trouble shoot some plugs that were not working

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

09/28/2020

Navat S.

Steve and his crew were really professional and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Install recessed lights and ceiling fan

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

09/25/2020

Andrew W.

They were quick, efficient, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Add a break and outlet

Work Completed On 09/22/2020