Cal Preserving

California: Contractors
03/31/2023

1906 Plymouth St

Mountain View, CA 94043

Wood Care: Restoration and Maintenance - with almost 35 years in business, serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, we have the experience to deliver the highest quality customer service and knowledge of exterior wood maintenance.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Super Service Award Winner 10 years in a row and almost 35 years of experience serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area! When it comes to wooden decks, fences, siding, etc., we are leading the industry in cleaning, restoring, refinishing, preserving (staining, sealing) and maintaining all exterior wooden surfaces that are not painted. We do not do new construction, but we do make small repairs. One of our goals is to deliver the highest quality customer service and knowledge of exterior wood restoration, preservation and maintenance. Our policy is that we don't take a dime of your money until the work is done and you are happy. Knowledge about the product is one thing, but delivering outstanding service and running a solid company is equally important. Our mission is to advocate for your money and give good honest advice whether or not you decide to hire us....

deck cleaning (155)pressure washing (54)decks & porches (49)house painting (13)siding companies (2)interior painting (1)fence company (1)

09/05/2019

CalPreserving was the total deal! I didn't know what all we needed and all the serves Iooked at seemed to offer only a piece of the puzzle, such as just power washing, or construction, or staining. This group did it all. The initial visit to assess the issues was informative and helpful. We could see our choices. They offered sound advice and looked at ways to save us money where it was possible. ...

Description of Work
We had upper and lower decks that needed to be assessed for their safety and preservation. The upper deck was 30 years old and the lower 14 years.

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

05/21/2019

Kasia was extremely responsive and kept me will informed throughout the project. We had a very tight time frame to complete the project and Kasia made sure it happened. The work was done quickly, professionally and was very high quality.

Description of Work
Decks/fencing stained

Category decks,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

05/08/2019

Cal Preserving did a great job on our very difficult to install Ipe (Brazilian Walnut) deck. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
deck maintenance

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

01/23/2019

Cal Preserving delivers EXCEPTIONAL results. We had an immediate response to my request for a quote. Onsite visit 2 days later, quote that afternoon. Able to start after rain let up in Fremont - 5 days later. Absolute professional prep, treatment, and care by Francisco and Gabriel. Pressure washed our 14-yr old deck the first day - AND the pergola overhead - AND the fiberglass roofing. They ALSO c...

Description of Work
Deck and Pergola refinishing

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

11/10/2017

The fence is beautiful!! Glad we had it washed and re-stained.

Description of Work
To have my finish refinished

Category fencing

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are always around, please reach out if we can help with anything else. Take Care!! Bruce

06/24/2017

They started each day at 8:00 AM and worked until 5:00 or later. They were very polite and professional. The lead person George would explain what they would be doing each day and then perform the tasks. The deck looks like it is brand new and the redwood has the original color and grain. Note: the bill included 4 hours of setting the deck screws so they could sand. Otherwise they performed to the...

Description of Work
The deck needed to be refinished. They did both the deck, vertical supports and the patio cover. They power washed, sanded, bleached and stained. There were two workers for 3 days, all day. They even moved some of the heavy flower containers off the deck. There bid was $1,200 under the next closest bid.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

10/10/2016

Unfortunately this ended in a negative way. The provider, Bruce, was unable to let me know when he was going to do the decks. It was more of a "When we're in the area" kind of appointment, which did not work for us. I asked for a particular date, with a willingness to be flexible on the time he was to show, however, my email was met with a response of "Is there a reason you need to be there when w...

Description of Work
I declined services. However, based on a minimum 8 hr job at $75/man/hr, $885 minimum plus materials, plus old lumber removal. The lowest estimated figure would've been $1485 (Not including materials and lumber removal)

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

Hi [Member Name Removed], I sincerely apologize that you had the experience you did with Cal Preserving. I reviewed the emails and i did see that the last email i sent was asking "How much advanced notice do you need?" and then no response after that. I do realize that a question like that without anything other than a "Hi [Member Name Removed]" may seen abrupt and i should have considered that be...

08/26/2016

I was so happy with the out come of the deck. It looks brand new. I like the fact that everything is broken down on the bid you receive. If you didn't want to have something extra done it was not problem to have it you bid changed. I would recommend this company to all

Description of Work
Deck sanded and stained

Category decks,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

06/25/2016

Bruce Watkins at Cal Preserving is a bad businessman and a flake. HE scheduled my deck maintenance for Monday June 27, I had to call him today (Friday, June 24) to confirm. My deck is small, I live in a town home so everything on my deck needs to come inside my home for the deck to be maintained. Bruce said he could not start my service as scheduled and could not come till Wednesday or Thursday, a...

Description of Work
Bruce Watkins at Cal Preserving is a bad businessman and a flake. HE scheduled my deck maintenance for Monday June 27, I had to call him today (Friday, June 24) to confirm. Bruce said he could not start my service as scheduled. When I asked when he could start he said Wednesday or Thursday, but he could not finish before my out of visitors arrive on Saturday, July 2 unless he cut corner and didn't sand the deck. I canceled the service.

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

Please see the review from 6/23/14. We did not need to sand the deck, as we did not the last time either. The customer was appreciative then. I am really perplexed as to why we were not given the job when we could have done it on time and with the same savings she had last time. We pay particular attention to not cutter corners, ever. We would not have recommended that she not sand the deck if tha...

06/08/2016

It went great. EXCELLENT communications. While I could have found it cheaper, I was more interested in a quality job that would last. The neighbors have commented on how good the house looks since the painting and our next door neighbor cannot believe how good the deck looks. In fact, we are now able to enjoy it again.

Description of Work
Bruce and his team did an outstanding job. The deck restoration was immaculately done. They were very attentive to the detailed work and when they were done, the deck looked like it did the day we bought our house. This deck has had almost no maintenance done to it in over 10 years and now it is as good as new. They also painted the house. The house hadn't been painted in over 15 years. Again, they were meticulous and caring. They replaced all of the wood that was questionable due to weathering and moisture. High quality work and very professional.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/11/2016

Restoration & maintenance of all exterior natural wood such as Decks, Siding, Fences, Railings, Trellises, Arbors & Patio Furniture. Power-washing, sanding & preserving (staining with a semi-transparent stain).

Painting & solid staining, however we can make arrangements with a painting company we work with.

Financing Available, Check