Comfort Energy Inc

California: Contractors
01/31/2024

1465 N Milpitas Blvd

Milpitas, CA 95035

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Message from the Owner/ Founder: “As a third generation heating and air technician and retired 20 year veteran of fire and public safety, I wanted to create a service company that you could count on for its integrity and professionalism. When our service technicians arrive at your home, we want you to feel the same level of confidence and trust you get from a firefighter arriving at your home to help when you call 911. Our service technicians are professional, courteous, and well trained. I am comfortable allowing them into the homes of my families and friends who are firefighters, police officers and the public. Thank you for the opportunity to service your comfort needs and believing in our company. We look forward to a continued long relationship. Warm regards, Harry Abbott” Comfort Energy Inc is a full service provider of quality air conditioning and heating repair and installation. . Locally owned and operated, with over 30 years of experience. We are proud members of the Nexstar network of contractors. We specialize in helping homeowners make informed decisions to best meet your family's comfort needs. Spanish and Japanese spoken....

HVAC Companies (114)air duct cleaning (7)home energy audit (3)solar companies (2)dryer vent cleaning (1)

08/13/2021

Siamak M.

comfort energy (CE) was professional from get go. Perfect interface polite and swift. 3 hrs appointment window. 30 minutes before arrival, got a text with the picture of the technician so I knew him by sight, then he arrived, masked up and wearing booties. Checked out the furnace, figured out what was wrong and changed a component, tested everything. Less than an hour and he was off. Relief at last. He could have easily dropped us in it by pushing us to replace the whole thing, inflicting a huge cost and un-necessary staring on our budget. They are my goto people here onwards.

Description of Work
Assess non functioning gas furnace, repair or replace

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

09/02/2020

Coleen B.

The appointment was fine until the end when the service technician wrote up a service agreement I had not agreed to and was having me sign as if to confirm the inspection. So I would not select them to repair or replace the ac unit.

Description of Work
Inspect broken ac

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

11/27/2019

Ola C.

Excellent. Max arrived on time and got straight to work. He inspected the furnace, took measurements of the air temp and cleaned all the filters. He provided some helpful information for the potential future replacement of the furnace with options and estimates. Max was professional and personable. The total cost was as quoted. Other companies I contacted either would not give me a quote over the phone, charged to just dispatch a technician, or quoted more than double.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

09/05/2019

Hurst A.

They were initially very responsive and offered a reasonably priced quote on an initial service visit. We set up an appointment with a 3-hour service window. I took the day off of work to be home and waited by the phone throughout my service window. No one called or came out to my house. After several emails, I finally received a response saying the technician was unable to make my appointment and had tried to call me to tell me that. Again, no one called my phone, I had no missed calls and no voicemail messages. When you need to take time away from work to have work done, it's extremely important for the company to keep it's time commitments, and it's just unprofessional and disrespectful to not show up or call.

Description of Work
I needed assistance in getting my Nest thermostat to run my air conditioner.

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry this was the experience that you had, however I was unable to locate you in our system by either your name, address or on the date of which you mentioned the appointment was supposed happen. I also could not locate you in our Angie's List database. The cost amount mentioned is not what we charge for Nest diagnostics / repairs. I would like to verify if this was truly our company. If you could give us a call at our office I would like to get to the bottom of what happen, it is defiantly not the experience we want to leave any of our clients with. The number to our office is 408-263-3100.

08/23/2019

Dale B.

The repair man was very knowledgeable and went above and beyond. Kept me informed of everything he was doing and what he found.

Description of Work
AC was not turning on

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

08/05/2019

Kenn M.

Sean completed a free of charge assessment and recommendations. He advised that this was beyond what his company can do, sent me a detailed work report with photos and asked me to keep him informed in case he could be of further help.

Description of Work
Inspection of a leak in my attic heating / cooling system

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

10/11/2017

Christopher P.

Estimate was professionally done. We found a better deal elsewhere.

Description of Work
Estimate for an AC compressor replacement

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/09/2017

Sam K.

It was a scam. The price was too good to be true. My AC was not working and all I needed was someone to take a look and see what needs to be fixed. The cost quoted was $59. I even scheduled the appt. But once I called them for something, they said the appt process through Angie's list does not work and the $59 is only for changing the filter or something silly like that and I had to upgrade to the $89. But for the $89, the guy did spend time with me explaining what is wrong and if its worth fixing or not. So, why advertise as $59 with bunch of details that you won't even perform?

Description of Work
I needed my AC to be checked as it stopped working.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

10/07/2017

Cliff J.

I'm super glad I took advantage of this offer. James Hayden came out to my house and did a thorough inspection on my furnace that was probably from 1970. He had the tools and equipment to be thorough, and I found him super knowledgeable and friendly. James found very high CO levels in my exhaust and recommended that I not run the system until we got this resolved. For the safety of my family, I'm so glad he had the tool to measure CO levels, and that he identified the safety problem.

Description of Work
I bought Comfort Energy's offer for a furnace tune-up and safety inspection

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

10/03/2017

Anna P.

He claimed my heat exchanger was cracked which would be $2500 to fix. Then he said I would probably be better off getting a new furnace. Then he looked under my house and said that I would need new ducts. His total price. $16000.00. I called ABC Heating for a second opinion. passion. said there was no crack. They even looked at the pictures he took and said nothing was there. I I would highly advise that you not use Comfort Energy.

Description of Work
I called to have my furnace checked before the winter season.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

Light Commercial and Residential Heating & Air Conditioning Repair, Maintenance, Replacement, Design and Installation Services. With our multiple licenses, we offer one stop Special Projects solutions for C20 Heating & Air, C46 Solar, C10 Electrical, and C4 Boiler projects.

Parts Sales