Landscape Solutions

Founded 1992 • With Angi since February 2005

Landscape design and installation. All phases (softscape/ hardscape). Owner operated. Multi -year Angie's List Super Service Award winner. Free design consultations. No subcontractors used. All size projects. New Sod Lawns, Hand picked plant selection, Drought tolerant landscaping. Synthetic turf.

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

lawn & landscaping (75)hardscaping (31)irrigation system (22)stone & gravel (8)mulch delivering (8)lawn care (8)fence company (8)outdoor kitchens (3)Patios (3)tree service (3)masonry (3)hauling (3)

11/11/2021

Linda Z.

Outstanding work. Once the job was started the workers were on site every day until it was completed. Quick, efficient and quality work.

Description of Work
Walkway pavers as well as concrete removal

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the nice review! You were a great customer to work with. Let us know if you ever want us to install the new driveway we talked about. Thanks, Scott McIntyre Landscape Solutions

06/29/2020

Neil C.

Everything was done to our specifications in a timely manner.

Description of Work
concrete demolition, concrete pouring, new concrete pavement

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Thanks for the nice review [Member Name Removed]!

11/20/2019

Monika S.

Landscape Solutions is a very professional organization that listens to the needs of the customer, does exacting work, and is very thorough about the job they do. The crew is very friendly, polite, conscientious, and eager to please. My project was more about landscape repair, than design. Other landscapers were not excited about pulling weeds and cutting out weed-infested ground cover. They painstakingly got the weeds out, root and all, and managed to save existing landscaping. They cut back the roots of invasive ivy too. In addition, they built beautiful Trex fencing around my pool pump and air conditioner which made my backyard even more beautiful! Very pleased!

Description of Work
Landscape Repair

Category excavators, fencing, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

Cost $9,397.15

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

Review for Landscape Solutions - 15530 Benedict Lane, Los Gatos, CA - 38245660

Thanks Monica! You were a pleasure to work with. Scott McIntyre Landscape Solutions (408)226-3444

10/28/2019

Coleen S.

Problem resolved. Valve was replaced . Adrien Patterson and his team were very nice and knew what they were doing. Pleased with results

Description of Work
Drip irrigation to front yard not working.

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

Thanks! We love doing small jobs too! Scott McIntyre Landscape Solutions

09/23/2019

Lucia T.

They did not call and did not show up

Description of Work
Deck railing

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

I DID NOT RESPOND TO HER ONLINE REQUEST FOR A BID BECAUSE OUR COMPANY DOES NOT SERVICE SCOTTS VALLEY. IT IS TOO FAR AWAY AND REQUIRES A VERY LONG ARDUOUS DRIVE THRU MOUNTAIN TRAFFIC. IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE FOR US OR FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.

09/18/2019

g Burt L.

Very professional. Work done in a very neat and quick way. Will use them again and will recommend them to anyone who has a need.

Description of Work
Complete tuneup of 30 year old sprinkler system

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

08/23/2019

Carol R.

Landscape Solutions did a great job and I would have them back again if I ever need additional work. They installed concrete and drainage in our backyard and walkway. This was a pretty extensive project that was done well. Not only are Scott and Norka (management) personable and honest, their workers are very pleasant and are happy to answer questions.

Description of Work
Installed concrete and drainage in our backyard and walkway.

Category concrete repair, excavators, hauling services, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

04/14/2019

Nik B.

How did it go? It didn't. He was responded quickly to our requests which we appreciated. We made an appointment and Scott confirmed it. He never showed. He never made any contact ever again. Thanks for wasting our time.

Description of Work
Landscape our home

Work Completed On 04/13/2019

Hi, I am sorry I missed your appointment. I am not sure exactly what happened (I very rarely overlook scheduled appointments) but I do know we had been very busy that particular week preparing for our Spring vacation. If you would like to schedule again please let me know. Thanks, Scott McIntyre Landscape Solutions (408)226-3444 scott@candigit.com www.candigit.com

10/23/2018

Christine C.

They came sooner than was originally planned, which was great, and work was done very quickly. Great crew!

Description of Work
Dig up a large area of agapantha/tree and put in new dirt. Resod a small lawn.

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

Thankyou!

06/19/2017

Drew H.

The landscaper showed up within the agreed upon time frame (which was quite a few more days out than I had hoped for and needed), he dug out around the pipe stem and unscrewed the broken pipe cap and screwed on another one. (I had assumed it was broken and would need to be replaced further into the ground and cemented.) Took all of five minutes, most of which was finding a tool on the truck and taking it back to the truck. The minimum charge of $140 for a service visit ended up being a bit steep.

Description of Work
I had a sprinkler line head that was capped above ground break and couldn't use my sprinkler system since it would just jet water straight up at high volume. I needed to have the pipe re-capped.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

05/15/2017

Christine C.

Scott McIntyre did an excellent job landscaping our backyard. After an original hiccup about following up on irrigation service (slow response), Scott really stepped up to the plate and helped me in resolving all our irrigation issues.

Description of Work
Landscaping, followed by irrigation (leak) issue.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/08/2017

Ian P.

work was fine, but estimate of time was way off, and accounting for the time was inaccurate (e.g. charged for 2 hrs of supervisor time for what actually amounted to 15 min). Had to argue the total cost down with owner but was still pretty expensive for the work completed.

Description of Work
filling an area with mulch, yard cleanup

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

04/24/2017

Anna G.

We contacted Landscape Solutions and 1 other company to get bids on our backyard renovation project. We went with Landscape Solutions because Scott had a great understanding of the project scope and was also able to refer us to a designer (Shanti). Our yard is pretty small, but Shanti definitely helped make the most use out of the space and she totally understood our aesthetic. Scott and his entire team (especially Kevin & Ignacio) were a dream to work with. They kept the jobsite clean, were friendly and even patient dealing with our curious dogs. The finished product turned out just like the design - beautiful!

Description of Work
Design services, deck demolition, concrete slab demo, fence replacement & paint, pavers, plants, artificial turf and custom planter boxes.

Category fencing, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, architect, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

Review for Landscape Solutions - 15530 Benedict Lane, Los Gatos, CA - 35003401

03/27/2017

Susan F.

Great, had a few things happen and they were taken care of right away

Description of Work
Landscaped front and back yards

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/21/2017

01/20/2017

Antoinette S.

FABULOUS! A+++ and we would HIGHLY recommend Scott McIntyre and his wonderful and skilled crew. Scott was such a pleasure to work with and he's the complete package with expertise in design concepts, landscape and hardscape. Landscape Solutions delivered top quality work, on time, within our budget, and the end result is better than we envisioned. We are extremely happy with our “new” backyard. They transformed our gopher and weed infested yard into a clean, drought tolerant, low-to-no maintenance oasis. We had a general idea of what we wanted to do but Scott had the vision. Manuel, Jesus, Alex and his brother (sorry, I'm terrible with names) are very nice, timely, efficient, hardworking and knowledgeable. They did a wonderful job of cleaning up after the project was completed. Attached are before and after pictures. Except for the existing concrete patio, retaining wall (which now looks brand new because Scott's crew power washed it), tree, shed and fence, everything was done by Landscape Solutions. Thank you very much Landscape Solutions!

Description of Work
Demo old walkway and ground cover/weeds, even out surface left holey by gophers, power wash existing retaining wall, install new walkway with 16” step stones/pea gravel, gopher wire, landscape fabric, mulch, synthetic grass and borders. We wanted a drought tolerant and easy to maintain backyard.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

Review for Landscape Solutions - 15530 Benedict Lane, Los Gatos, CA - 34324031

06/16/2016

Pam L.

Met with Susan Laundry a landscape architect recommended by Scott. Susan was so easy to work with listening to what we envisioned. We wanted something that was low maintenance, bee friendly, low water needs, and simple. She made suggestions for types of plants then left an amazing book of plants to look through. We gave her a target for cost which she worked with us to keep costs in bounds. Scott called about a week after the plans were final and we found a start date. He called before the crew showed up and we were treated to watching our weed patch slowly be transformed day by day. Through out the entire process, which took just a day over two weeks, the crew was very professional and hard working. If I had a question at any point Scott was quick to respond to emails. Scott was very easy to talk with and when we wondered out loud about the condition of the parkway (which we are responsible for) he made a suggestion which we were so glad we took.

Description of Work
Transformed a weed patch into a environmentally beautiful yard.

Review for Landscape Solutions - 15530 Benedict Lane, Los Gatos, CA - 32004173

06/14/2016

Christine C.

The whole project, done in September 2015, went well, and all the work was guaranteed for one year. But now that an irrigation pipe burst, we received a very sluggish response to solve the problem. Been going on for 2 weeks. First Scott didn't respond, then kept reporting to later. Finally sent one worker over, 1 1/5 week later, at 3:30 PM, who had not clue what to do. Looked at some pipes and told me he didn't see anything, even though a good part of the yard was under water by then. Said he would come back the next morning. I wasn't home, but when I came back, he had recovered all the pipes, as if the problem had been solved, yet the water was still sprouting at the leak! Called again, someone showed up at 5:00PM this time. Same response .... I don't know!!! Had to call SJ Water to shut the water off to the whole house .... we were pumping at 200 galloons an hour by then!!! Scott promised to come yesterday but didn't show, now it's supposed to be today .... In the meantime, we have no water. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated.

Description of Work
Redo of backyard

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 06/13/2016

I understood (when the client first contacted us) that the leak was temporarily resolved (the irrigation valve was shut off) and that we would fix it asap. The problem proved to be an old irrigation line that we did NOT install. This is why we could not determine the cause during the first visit. It was eventually traced and repaired at no charge. I am sorry for the client's frustration and will offer her a free design or installation service.

04/22/2016

TONY S.

Scott at Landscape Solutions came out, took photos, collected a copy of our plans and promised a quote in about one week. He said that they were currently booked about 2 weeks out, but expected that to be four or even six weeks out as we got into Spring. After a week and a half Scott sent a text saying he was too busy to givers a quote. At least he didn't just disappear like some contractors did, but all in all a disappointment.

Description of Work
Job was pavers, cement and landscaping / front and back yard.

Work Completed On 04/22/2016

08/14/2015

Christian B.

No pressure, very relaxed about the whole estimate process. Also indicated that they would be happy to bid out different jobs if we went with a different designer.

Description of Work
Came out to give quote and explain process. Was on time, very professional and we like him even though we did not use this company.

Work Completed On 07/28/2015

08/06/2015

Hamilton F.

After four calls over the course of a month, we gave up trying to contact this company. I did contact this contracted through his main number & not through the Angie's List website as many contractors have told us contacting them through Angies List is a problem. But come on, thats your main number, the reasoning sounds flawed as to why we never got a call back. I am positive this was one of the contractors that contacted as we were using spreadsheets to keep track of what contractor we called & when to make sure we got enough quotes for the work.

Description of Work
the provider never called back for an estimate on a landscaping job to rip up a lawn & re-sod

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

06/18/2015

Jonathan H.

We actually started talking to Scott in the fall of last year, thinking we would try to take advantage of the rebate for turf removal. As it turned out, Landscape Solutionshad so much of a backlog that they couldn't even get started before our 90 days (time limit imposed by rebate program) would expire. But since Scott understood so well what we were trying to do, we decided to go with Landscape Solutions, even though it would mean losing out on about a $2000 rebate. He even pointed out something we could do to the house to match the wall that would eliminate what we consider ugliest feature of the house (a real eyesore). No one else we talked to thought of doing that. To be honest, I was a little concerned at first, because the instructions the owner gave the crew didn't seem all that detailed, and I was worried whether it would turn out the way we wanted (this was a major project for us). These concerns were unfounded, as every part of the project came out even better than we had imagined. I know the foreman and owner have worked together for many years, so they probably don't need to use a lot of words to communicate. The wall is very well made and very solid - much more so than other walls I see in the neighborhood. And the combination of the ledger stone veneer and travertine wall cap is spectacular. I hadn't expected anything to be done on the inside of the wall, but they went to the extra effort of adding a thin layer of the veneer and stucco underneath that so we wouldn't see any of the cinder block. Many of our neighbors stop by and complement us on the wall, and for "beautifying the neighborhood". The crew was hard working, friendly and very helpful. What few concerns I had were things that they had already planned to address. I think the price charged was very fair. I'd been given quotes of around $100/ft for a wall like this and ours came out to around $110/ft. I'm sure you can get a wall built for less, but you wouldn't be as happy with it as with ours.

Description of Work
Built a cinder block wall with concrete footing and vertical and horizontal rebar. Faced outside with ledger stone veneer. Inside of wall had stucco applied and ledger stone to top 2" (the only part visible above grade). Travertine wall cap applied. Yard had remnants of lawn removed (turf was already cut out a few months ago), sheet mulched with cardboard, then 13 cubic yards of landscape soil added and graded. Front brick on house was chipped smooth, fake shutters removed, and then same ledger stone veneer as wall applied to bottom four feet, and stucco applied above that.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, stucco

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

Review for Landscape Solutions - 15530 Benedict Lane, Los Gatos, CA - 26833889

05/06/2015

John P.

Extremely professional. Excellent work. Removed old paving, dirt, etc. laid underlay and compacted. Well organized. The yard is now beautiful.

Description of Work
Laid brick walk & driveway, laid artificial grass. Planted new plants. Removed old plants. Built fence around garbage area.

Category fencing, landscaping, masonry, driveway pavers, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/28/2015

03/16/2015

Katherine F.

This provider's description says that they serve the entire South Bay. I sent them a request for an appointment, which was answered very promptly by Scott with suggested date & times. I accepted a date & time and sent him my address in Milpitas. Scott then sent me a curt response telling me that they didn't work that far North at this time of year. I responded that we weren't in a hurry and when would his company be able to work in Milpitas. Scott sent another curt response that they couldn't do the work till next Winter, and only then if business was slow and they wouldn't even do a bid till the Fall. Wow, by this time I got the hint that they didn't want to do our job. I was extremely disappointed since Scott's original email (which said nothing about the locale of the work) said that his company could do all of the rather large job that I want done. I believe it's very unprofessional to describe your work area as the entire South Bay, then reject work that's in the South Bay. I appreciate the follow-up response and upgraded my grades accordingly. I would just suggest that before suggesting an appointment time that the provider determine the location of the work. Also, I would have understood completely if the provider had initially taken the time to say exactly what was said in the follow-up. Both of the initial responses just felt curt and dismissive.

Description of Work
The provider rejected my request for a bid for work that is within his described work area.

Work Completed On 03/16/2015