Azteca 111 Builders Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2006

2150 1/2 W Sunset Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90026

General Contractor & Certified Green Building Professional (CGBP). AZTECA 111 BUILDERS, INC. is an award-winning, family-owned and operated ‘green’ design-build company. We specialize in new construction (additions, decks, patio, custom new home, etc.) and general remodels (kitchen, baths,

01/18/2015

John T.

Rick was fantastic. This was the second job he's done for us and despite it being on the smaller side, he made sure it was done right and well. He matched the stain of the wood really really well and was able to have his team knock it out in one day.

Description of Work
Extended a loft railing vertically to close off the room and make it safe for our kids.

12/23/2014

Molly M.

Awesome! I hired Rick even though he was slightly a little more ($100) than my other quotes because I was initially impressed with his professionalism. What I didn't know then is that he has an equally professional "Back-End" staff in the form of his wife. In the 11 years that I have worked on my house and hired many contractors, I have never had the attention or the responsiveness that I have had from this team, and to me that means more than anything. They communicate, are prompt in replies and tech savvy. In my opinion I do not see how contractors can run a business in any other way, but they do. If you are a woman and have ever had the misfortune of dealing with contractors that do not know what an invoice is, do not know how to use their cell phone, do not show up on the job, then Azteca is for you. I especially liked when I asked for some more finishing work to be done on the deck, Rick didn't hesitate and said he'd be back to do the work. No questions, no complaints. This is the very first time that this has happened with me and ANY contractor. His guys did amazing work, were here every day, came back promptly to do the finishing and did not leave a mess. I have finally found my dream contractor. When I get some more cash, I will hire Rick (Azteca) to redo my bathroom, my kitchen and my garage. Etc., etc., etc,. Loved them!

Description of Work
Azteca rebuilt our deck that was falling apart due to a class action claim against the Trex decking material we purchased previously.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

11/23/2014

Matteo B.

The project consisted of a structural renovation of a four stories, four bedrooms and three bathrooms single family house in Beverly Hills. Overall the project took seven months. The end result went way beyond expectations. State of the art finishes, and quality of the work. There are no words to describe how thankful I am to Rick Valdez (general contractor of Azteca 111 Builders Inc.). He made a superb work despite all the difficulties of the project. Throughout the entire project he demonstrated outstanding design and problem-solving skills. What I was not expecting when I hired Azteca was actually to establish such a trustworthy relationship with Rick, I feel a deep sense of gratitude towards Rick, Lucia and the crew. Matteo

Description of Work
Design and whole-house remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/29/2014

Jaime R.

Azteca provided a thorough proposal that we found very helpful. We were actually disappointed that we weren't able to work with them. They also provided great assistance in helping us analyze the bids prepared by other contractors and generally, great input on the design and layout of the project. They were also extremely punctual and flexible.

Description of Work
Azteca provided a bid for a large project involving the renovation of a large kitchen, two bathrooms and large third floor family room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/22/2014

Art S.

It went smooth and it was an overall pleasant and informative experience. Rick arrived on time and we went straight to work on my issues regarding a basement conversion. I previously had terrible experiences with contractors and i had given up hope in finding an honest contractor that would give me straight answers and a clear picture on what i was up against. Previous contractors would promise the world just to get me to sign a contract. With Rick i felt that finally my search was over because i felt his honesty as he continued to speak the truths about hillside ordinance and foundation issues. He was willing to share his knowledge with me just so i can get a clear picture of what i was up against should i decide to go through with my project. I learned alot from rick today!! Thanks to Rick i can say that my wife and i are now able to make a decision alot easier with the information provided to me. If we decide to sign up it will no doubt be with Rick from Azteca 111 Builders! If you value your hard earned money and are needing an honest licensed contractor your search is over, call Rick.

Description of Work
Estimate on Basement Conversion

05/07/2014

Sterling R.

Azteca came out to give me an estimate on some exterior stucco repair work I needed done. The guy arrived on time and was very nice. He promised to get back to me with an estimate...and here we are two+ weeks later and I have not heard back. I believe two weeks is a sufficient amount of time to wait before posting such a review. **Update 5/8/14** Azteca contacted me, apparently there was some type of miscommunication regarding the estimate. The guy that came out thought he'd mentioned that I needed an engineer to come out to assess the damage before an estimate could be given, which is why it was never sent. I did appreciate their phone call to address the matter, which shows their level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Came out for an estimate.

Category remodeling

We are glad that we spoke to this prospective client and clarified our recommendations for his home improvement project. Should he have any further concerns or questions in the matter, we of course, would be happy to assist.

03/20/2014

VIET N.

We've used Azteca before for big and small projects. Rick and Lucia and the guys in their crew are all wonderful--punctual, professional, upfront, clear and very knowledgeable. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our skylight and some paint was damaged in the skylight well. Rick had it fixed promptly.

Category remodeling, skylights

11/16/2013

Victoria B.

I did not use these builders but I did get a quote from them. There quote was very high, about 50% higher than 2 other quotes i got. It also took them a long time to get back to me with the quote. over a week. I would not use them

Description of Work
estimate

Category decks

We provided this prospective client with an estimate for the following work of approximately 640 square feet of redwood decking and 80 linear feet of redwood railings: 1) Removal of redwood deck planks and railings and haul away $1600 2) Design and fabrication of deck extension and new stairs $2600 3) Installation of new, (select 1) 2"X6" redwood planks $6480 4) Design fabrication and installation of new redwood railings $3850 Total estimate = $14530 We do not know with any certainty the kinds of other bids this prospective client received (we did in fact call to inquire; but have not had any response). We can only surmise that our fairly priced estimate was met with an estimate provided by either an unlicensed contractor or a contractor that operates without any general liability insurance or workers comp insurance or perhaps from a handyman. We provide all of our clients the with the best craftsmanship, guarantees and protections of a licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. Our estimates are competitive with only those general contractors who provide the same assurances. We believe when making fair price comparisons, it is best to “compare apples to apples.”

11/01/2013

Adam F.

Rick and his team were always a pleasure to work with, were punctual, and super fair. They gave us line item estimates for every detail, which made things a lot easier when we inevitably decided we wanted to do specific things slightly differently. We found a lot of unexpected rot in the dining room along with uncovering a clear previous fire that had burned some of the columns and beams such that they needed to be replaced. That put us over the initial estimate, but Rick and Azteca ultimately took a loss on it because the initial estimate for that additional work order didn't include everything that ultimately needed to be done (i.e. they were extremely fair). Overall, you won't find a better or fairer contractor. Can't go wrong.

Description of Work
Rick and Lucia and the Azteca crew -- Julian, Mark, Mario, etc, did a great job demoing a huge rock fireplace and replacing it with a bay window, redoing wood floors, repainting the whole house, completely redoing the framing, subfloor, and floor of the dining room after finding a lot of rot, replacing all lighting, etc.

10/29/2013

Sarah B.

As soon as the contract was signed, Rick scheduled the work quickly. He came with his workers and remeasured everything. We discussed the design and he gave me some catalogues to look at designs. I selected a combination of two designs. Rick and I discussed the finish on the railings and I selected black. The railings were installed. There were a total of three different steps, each different from one another. The railings in the front of the house needed to curve with the conture of the steps. One other was just a straight forward design which was straight. The final set went in an area where I plant my vegetables. The railing needed to be spaced so I could still have access to work in the garden yet allow safety on some very steep steps.The work was completed within a few days after starting. When the final coat of paint was finished I was not completely satisfied with the finish. Rick came to inspect the work and was not satisfied either. He sent the painters back to sand and repaint all the railings. He suggested instead of the black an antique bronze might be a better choice for color. He was right. I was very pleased with the final paint. Rick has completed several projects for me and I have been very satisfied with all the work. I will call him again when I am ready for my next project.

Description of Work
I asked Rick to install wrought iron hand railings on several stairways outside my home.

Category fencing, remodeling, wrought iron

10/21/2013

George U.

Rick was on time to look at the job, was thorough in his review, and obviously knew his stuff. The problem is I never received a cost estimate. Called back after not hearing from him after one week. Was told he was really backed up, but would expedite. But as of this review, have still not received anything. Luckily I have moved on because I had other contractors bidding on the job and hired someone else. But to say the least, was disappointed because Azteca was so highly rated.

Description of Work
cost estimate for repair work and paint job.

Category basement waterproofing, interior painters

This prospective client’s feedback is an important example to follow. Here is why: this prospective client asked us to remove damaged plaster and popcorn ceiling to allow for patch and repair for painting of a home built in 1957. We advised him to have an asbestos test completed and provide us with the results before we can give him an estimate. (PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT PROVIDE AN ESTIMATE IF WE REQUEST ASBESTOS TESTING - as was advised to this prospective client. In fact, many homes built before 1980 contain asbestos in old floor tiles, ceiling tiles, acoustic popcorn ceiling, roof shingles and flashing, siding, insulation (around boilers, ducts, pipes, sheeting, fireplaces), pipe cement, and joint compound used on seams between pieces of sheetrock.) In his haste to begin work, this prospective client completely ignored our professional advice and anxiously moved on. We hope that whomever he hired is in compliance with Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations (8 CCR) 1529: dir.ca.gov/Title8/1529.html If there is any concern that your home may contain asbestos, here is a site to check for asbestos information, which will provide general information, links to asbestos regulations, and notification rules: dir.ca.gov/dosh/ACRU/ACRUinfo.htm The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) also provides a guide: epa.gov/asbestos#4

10/07/2013

Nicholas R.

It went great. Rick and Lucia were both helpful and very sweet. They gave me a quick estimate and got to work right away. They removed all the debris from our very large back yard and even went out of their way to donate a large cactus plant to a nursery instead of just throwing it out. Rick also taught me to irrigate the front yard. I look forward to working with them again soon and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Landscaping and general remodeling.

Category landscaping, remodeling, hardscaping

09/18/2013

Maria C V.

Concrete decks were replaced on 13 balconies, with reinforcement of the structure. Planter boxes and railings were fabricated in redwood to get them termite-resistant. New balconies were stained. The work was a bit slow, but was done very professionally. Our questions and requests were properly addressed by the contractor.

Description of Work
Repair balconies in our complex.

Category decks

09/04/2013

Carlos F.

I've been doing business with Rick at Azteca 111 for over 10 years. I needed glass shower doors for our work place gym shower and Rick provided the service. Over the years of doing different projects with Rick he has never let me down on providing what he commits to doing. His crew is professional and always clean up after themselves. I've done big projects and small one's. Ricks commitment to his work ethic and professionalism will always bring me back to using his services.

Description of Work
Installed glass shower doors and refinished sink counter tops with water proof seal.

09/03/2013

John T.

Rick and his guys were very professional and friendly. Rick was there right when he said he'd be and provided a detailed proposal. Updates to the proposal for the work were swift and accurate. He helped me figure out the best course of action for updating the dilapidated deck and patio in our back yard. As soon as we signed off on the work, his guys started the next day and were fast and hard working. We had a lot of custom made furniture on the deck, but his guys did a great job of moving it out of the way carefully and respectfully. Work on the deck and the patio happened at the same time and went on for about a week. The deck came out great, and they did a great job with all the little details as well as making sure the overall staining looked smooth. After construction finished, they cleaned up everything really carefully and not the deck is beautiful. For the patio, they needed to break up a pretty janky uneven flagstone surface, regrade the surface and relay the flagstone and cement. After some dithering on our part, my wife and I threw him a curveball and asked him to extend the patio over a large hole. Without missing a beat, he got me a bid and was able to build a small retaining wall, fill in the hole (with construction debris left over from the demoed brick stairs) grade it to match and them seamlessly add an additional few feet of flagstone and cement. The whole thing looks beautiful and complete. The railroad tie stairs were a great pitch and ended up looking more tied into our house than the old brick ones. Lastly, we were gone over the weekend when the wrought iron railing was put up on the side of the house, but it was an awesome surprise to come home too. It was a tricky set up to make look nice, but his iron guy nailed it. The wrought iron itself is gorgeous as well with lots of little really well designed details. All in all we couldn't be happier and would happily hire Rick and Azteca 111 Builders again as well as heartily recommend them to anyone in the silverlake area looking for a some really really good general contracting work. A special shout out goes to Lucia at the office. She's super patient and kind and charming and took good care of us.

Description of Work
Sanded old stain off deck and restrained. Added 32 linear feet of railing to deck. Demoed a broken flagstone patio, extended it and relaid flagstone. Demoed and replaced old brick stairs with railroad ties and concrete. Added a wrought iron railing around a set of concrete steps down to the basement.

10/18/2012

Carlos F.

I am so happy with my new AC/HEAT system. The guys came in and did a clean job removing debris and materials ....these guys are super clean and don't leave a mess at the end of each work day. The unit is awesome; spent my first summer with a cool house! Thanks Rick for the service you provide.

Description of Work
Rick and his crew installed a new HVAC system. The house doesn't have a crawl space so the unit had to go on the roof of the house. Rick made some reinforcements on the roof to support the weight of the AC unit. They brought in a crane to lift the unit on to the roof and bolt it down. They ran all duct work to the different locations. Repaired some areas that were potential leaks.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Carlos F.

I was very pleased with Rick's recomendations on an iron gate. it was very nice simple and will last us a very long time.

Description of Work
Rick had to demolish an old trash bin gate that was broken. He built a very nice iron gate to enclose the trash bin on site.

Category driveway gates

Carlos F.

Rick was successful and very professional in completing the project. His experience in the field helped him identify some major problems with the plumbing that could have cost me more in the long run. I enjoy working with Rick and have come to trust his advice.

Description of Work
The plumbing in the building needed to be changed out due to excessive corrosion. Two floors that included four bathrooms, two janitor sinks, a large kitchen sink and a small kitchen sink.

Category drywall, plumbing, stucco, home remodeling

Carlos F.

Awesome job!! Rick does a great job from start to finish. We had a bad old roof that Rick repaired and added a new roof to the entire house. We are waterproof safe and dry thanks to Azteca111 for their great service.

Description of Work
Removal of old roof...repair areas for leaking. Add new roof.

Category remodeling, roofing

Carlos F.

The end project was AMAZING!! All offices turned out great with the window design. It was a very smooth transition from start to finish. I hope to include picture SOON!! Rick and his crew are by far the best at what they do. I will continue to use their services for our office needs.

Description of Work
Azteca111 was asked to buildout three separate offices with window design for natural lighting. New office included framing, electrical, drywall insulation, paint and carpet. Also included demolition of two walls six office cubicles.

Category carpet installation, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters

09/26/2012

Natalia K.

The person who came and gave the estimate was very knowledgeable and polite. He explained everything very well. But, we ended up using another contractor for the job. My overall experience with him was excellent.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Azteca 111 Builders Company for adding a office in my house.

Category remodeling, home builders

09/24/2012

CRAIG W.

We went with another company that was closer to us but would consider using this company for a larger project.

Description of Work
We got a quote from them for demo/rebuild existing pergola, build new fence, add bench seating and build new gates. We went with another company, but we were impressed with their punctuality and professionalism. They were the only ones who asked us what our budget was - that can cut both ways because it can mean they may raise the estimate to match what we're willing to spend, but I didn't get the impression they were doing that. Of the five estimates we got, three were within 15% of each other, including this one. The one thing I didn't like was the several phone calls I got (from a restricted phone number) to ask if we'd made a decision yet. Contractors: don't use restricted numbers when calling prospective or actual customers - it's annoying. I would consider using them in the future.

Category decks, remodeling

We appreciate all feedback from prospective clients – even from those clients whom we do not perform any work. And we understand that during the process of interviewing a number of other contractors for an upcoming home improvement project, clients may not recall specific details or perhaps confuse one contractor from another. In this circumstance, this client mistakenly perceived that we used a restricted number to repeatedly contact them. It is, in fact, our strict policy to never contact clients to nudge them along to make a decision in acceptance of a submitted proposal for work. Once we submit a proposal, we provide a courtesy call to notify the client that the proposal was sent to their email address and then we wait to hear their decision or any follow-up questions. Additionally, this prospective client noted that we phoned them on a restricted telephone line. This is another point of error. We do not and never have possessed a restricted phone number. All calls made from our office, display our phone number and our company name. Since receiving this review, however, we did reach out to this client to clarify these details. But, we have not heard back from them. Nevertheless, all feedback, albeit a bit mistaken, is always a good thing and we look forward to hearing from you.

07/15/2012

Bonnie T.

These guys are awesome. We had our custom lattice-work fence (facing street) blown down in the December windstorm. We wanted to replace as original, but were on a tight insurance budget. Rick found what we thought was pre-fab fencing that was very close, but upon receipt of the material (Home Depot) it was clearly substandard. Rick had photographed the original fence work, and reworked the pre-fab to match tthe original...can't tell the difference between this new fence and the other original fence on the property. Cudos Rick and team!

Description of Work
Replaced about 70 feet of wood fence

Category fencing, remodeling

10/31/2011

Yoshiko Y.

The remodel is currently in progress; I anticipate that it will be completed by mid-November 2011. Azteca 111 Builders has been fantastic throughout the remodel. They have a solid team, which is headed up by Rick and Lucia Valdez. They have been steadily completing the work, while keeping me regularly informed with updates regarding the progress of the townhouse. Rick has impeccable taste, vision, and craftsmanship. So far, my townhouse is shaping up to be the home of my dreams. Call me one very happy client!

Description of Work
Azteca 111 Builders is performing a major remodel on my townhouse. The scope of the work includes the complete replacement of the plumbing, remodeling the kitchen, upgrading of 3 bathrooms, installation of lighting throughout the house, repairs to the floors and stairs, installation of flooring, re-wiring 2 bedrooms, refinishing the deck, removal of dry rot, painting the interior, re-tiling the fireplace, installation of bathroom hardware and fixtures, and replacement of all door handles and locks.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, drain cleaning

10/31/2011

Sarah B.

My old water heater finally gave up last Wednesday night. I had to find a way to replace it quickly. I called Home Depot and scheduled an estimate. I found that with all the work they said they had to do and the heater, the bill was over $2000.00. This seemed outrageous to me. I called Rick to see if there was a possibility that one of his plumbers could do the job. Rick and the plumber arrived at my home around 5PM. They discussed the job and while Rick picked up the new water heater, his plumber took the old one out. Rick returned with the heater and they quickly completed the job including a good clean up of the room. I was very pleased with the speed in which they could complete the job along with saving me quite a bit of money in the process. The heater works great and I am a happy person

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater and removed the old one.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers by DiBara Masonry on Angi
    LSM Drywall & Painting

LSM DRYWALL & PAINTING: Our Service is to Repair Drywall & Plaster holes caused by Water, Fire & Smoke damage in ceilings & walls, then we prime & paint the damaged area or the entire wall and/or ceiling. "Drywall, Painting & Plaster repairs done like the damage never happened." We also remove Wallpaper, Install Baseboard, Crown Molding, Insulation & New Tile Grouting, Demolition, Framing & refinishing wood Decks. See new photos!!!. WE do NOT accept deposits, but progress payments are gladly accepted in the form of Cash or Local Checks. CREDIT CARDS THROUGH ANGI-PAY AND VENMO, ZELLE, PAYPAL & CASH CARD. DUE TO THE RECENT OUTBREAK OF CORONA VIRUS WE'VE TAKEN STEPS TO INSURE YOU'RE SAFETY INCLUDING TESTING OF ALL OUR PEOPLE, WEARING MASKS & GLOVES. YOUR SAFETY IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET.

Award 2022
    Offers by LSM Drywall & Painting on Angi
    911 Restoration of West LA

911 Restoration of West LA is a full-scale water damage cleanup restoration company offering you peace of mind after a disaster. We provide water damage restoration, mold removal, fire & smoke damage, reconstruction and everything in between with 24/7 availability. Help keep your establishment clean during the coronavirus. Our techs are professionally trained to disinfect and sanitize your property completely and follow CDC and EDA protocols. Disasters can happen anytime due to pipe bursts, flood damage, roof leaks, storm damage or other water damage-related emergencies. Fortunately, our IICRC-certified techs will rapidly respond within 45 minutes to handle any water related emergency and help minimize damage.

Check, PayPal

Awnings. Basement Waterproofing. Builders - Garages, Barns, Sheds. Builders - Homes. Cabinet Making. Carpentry - Unfinished. Carpentry - Woodworking. Carpet Sales, Installation, Repair. Ceramic Tile. Closets. Concrete - Pouring & Repair. Countertops. Deck Maintenance. Decks & Porches. Doors. Drywall. Earthquake Retrofitting. Electrical. Fencing. Fencing - Driveway Gates. Flooring Sales, Installation, Repair. Fountains.