Accurate Roofing

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2012

Accurate Roofing is a certified Shingle Quality Specialist and Master Shingle Applicator Wizard from CertainTeed, a Certified Applicator for Malarkey Roofing Products, and a Certified Applicator for APOC Silicones. With over 30 years experience in the roofing industry, Accurate Roofing is a premier roofing company that builds, installs and repairs residential and commercial roofing systems. We continue to improve our Sky High Standards of Quality through continuous education and training of our staff of dedicated team members. Call us for a free estimate because when it comes to roofing we have you covered. We will complete your project on time, within budget and to your satisfaction. Accurate Roofing "Roofing made to last!"...

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

roofing (44)

06/04/2021

Nancy M.

They did a really great job and on time. Art really went out of his way to provide great service. He always is responsive and picks up his phone! He really cares and listens. He also makes sure that we are happy with his service. If there are any issues, he will make sure that it is addressed. Really pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Re-roofing

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

05/13/2019

William D.

Art and the entire crew were prompt, responsive, available, professional, neat, comprehensive.

Description of Work
Repair and replacement of a flat roof

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

01/16/2019

Chaplain Doreen M.

Art, said he would show up and give us a estimate and he never did. Disappointed ☹️ I called other roofers on your list no call back

Description of Work
None no show

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

06/22/2018

Gus O.

If you need a roof this is the ONLY company to use. We have very complicated roof design that none of the other roofing companies wanted to tackle. Art Mendoza and his crew, Abraham, Cesar, Brian, Paul, Gilbert, and PaPa did a fantastic job. They are truly roof artists. Everyday the job was cleaned up, and the next morning at 7:00 the work began till dusk sometimes. We are so blessed to have found Accurate Roofing! Thank You, G&G

Description of Work
Complete re-roof

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

Thank you for the wonderful review and for showing your appreciation for specific team members. The team here at Accurate Roofing is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're proud to be the roofing contractor you chose for your home in Palos Verdes.

05/03/2018

Toni B.

It went well overall Art was very responsive via text it did take a while to get somebody to actually come out to our house but compared to other roofing companies that I’ve dealt with who are super flaky Art was amazing.

Description of Work
We needed some repairs to our roof

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

Thank You for using us, and even more for leaving us an honest review. It is refreshing to hear how good Art was in his responsiveness with you. We also appreciate the constructive criticism as there is always room for us to grow.

01/18/2018

Sylvia K.

Mr. Art was very professional and fast. The day the roof was inspected I had a proposal (seemed fair to me) that evening and upon accepting the proposal agreed to have the roof fixed the following day. Everything went smooth and would definitely hire again. Mr. Art was also great with answering and returning calls. Thanks!!!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof.

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to leave us this note. Our company values our customers satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to working with you again.

12/20/2017

David and Connie B.

First, getting a new roof is zero fun. Not only is it expensive, but the industry can be very cut throat. I got 4 quotes by top rated Angie’s list roofers. Half of them were little more than time share salesmen with long ladders who I know for a fact are paying for their top rating on Angie’s list by discounting their service for the top review. I was offered such a discount from one of the top rated companies. In 2 of the bids, the bid started out at $30k for my roof. Nearly instantly came down to $25k, and after about 90 minutes of me saying no, ended up at $15k. I hate those kind of negotiations. Not only that, but the price was only good until they left. Talk about high pressure salesmanship! Again, these were “A” rated roofers on Angie’s list. Anyway, Art at Accurate is not like that. We had a little bit of negotiating, but it was mainly based on the cost of the upgraded materials so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Sometimes roofers get their raw materials at a discount at different times of the year so being flexible can save money. Overall, the totalprocess with Art went really well. I was a little concerned about having imaginary wood repair being needed (repairs found after removal of original roof) in order to drive up the final price, but none of that occurred. The workers came in and did a really good job on the roof. Be aware that the total time from beginning to end is also dependent on the city inspector, who in my case missed the original appointment frankly due to simple laziness. That is out of the roofing company’s control. At the end of the job, the crew cleaned up really well. They conveyed my maintainence requirements well. The end product looked beautiful and I am hoping works as good as it looks.

Description of Work
Complete reroof, reflective asphalt shingles, of tall and skinny house with detached garage. Removal of 1 layer old roof. Synthetic underlayer. No added remediation of bad wood, wood rot or roof damage. Very straight forward reroof except House is 2 story with close neighbors like most tall and skinnies.

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

Thank you for the kind words. We agree that getting a new roof is never a fun process from the original quote to worrying about how much wood might need to be replaced after the roofing has been removed. We at Accurate Roofing try to help you thorough this once in a lifetime experience (hopefully) as smoothly as possible.

10/10/2017

mark A.

installation went well, they were clean after each day of work although there were a number of nails left behind on the driveway on 2 separate days. my roof looks so much better now.

Description of Work
remove existing roof shingles and install new shingles

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

01/10/2017

jill P.

Art at Accurate Roofing did a great job. Part of my roof has a leak while it was raining here in LA. I called Art based on the reviews I saw, and he came out immediately to give me an extremely fair estimate. We scheduled the work to be done the next day, and there have no problems since. Definitely recommend Art and Accurate Roofing !

Description of Work
Fixed a hole in my roof.

Work Completed On 12/23/2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

11/18/2016

Sue M.

Very well - I wanted a roofing contractor to do the maintenance . Art (my contact focal) was easy to deal with and since this was a small job I hired him during a very short rainy period but postponed work so the roof would dry and he was very accommodating. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the gentleman who did the work but he was very polite and respectful of my property and Art was satisfied with his work reassuring me if a problem came up to call him. I was torn between hiring him and another person but hired him because for one he was on Angie's list and two he was positive in what he could deliver for his company and just had a good feeling about him and believe if I have a problem (don't think so) he will stand up and take accountability. He also told me about a program that his company is registered for that only a handful of companies can do for tax deferral on interest for a new roof. I think this is very impressive as I had not heard of the "Hero" program but if replacing my roof would definitely look into this with his company. You must be good to get on that list. Thanks Art for the insight I learned and being to cooperative and working you schedule with me.

Description of Work
Maintenance on the roof as I had a minor leak last year and felt I wanted to have maintenance done on the roof before winter came and not have other issues with leaking. I do maintenance periodically but unhappy with the last contractor I hired as he never got back to me when I needed him to fix the leak last year (hired him twice before). Had the problem fixed - but not by a roofing company.

Work Completed On 11/03/2016

11/04/2016

Fernando R.

All work has gone through smoothly, have not gotten any issues.

Description of Work
Company has great services. They have done Roofing Services for our company.

Work Completed On 11/04/2016

07/05/2016

DVONNA J.

Art, the company’s estimator, was very helpful from the initial call. Art arrived at the home the next day to review the damage. His team arrived the day after the initial inspection to tarp the roof given that more rain could be expected. More rain did arrive and the work of the Accurate Roofing team proved to be of high quality. We did not experience any additional leaking. We chose to hire them to replace the ‘flat’ roof. We received a 20% discount on the tarp work that was applied to re-roofing job. The estimate provided was approved by the insurance company. The team began working once all of the necessary paperwork was signed. The re-roofing took only 2 days. The workmen were very diligent in staying on task once they started. They arrived early in the morning and worked until their tasks for the day were completed (less a lunch break). A few boards on the roof needed replacement which they took care of using product they had on hand (so no additional cost was incurred). Once completed, another bout of rain proved the replaced roof was done well. In addition to the roof, we requested they replace & paint the fascia board on the rear of the house. They matched the paint color very well; it looks great. I requested and received an Unconditional Release upon final payment and an invoice indicating all payments were received. While it took some time, I also received the roofing product warranty. Art was responsive to all of my inquiries throughout the process via email, phone, and text. I would use this company again and recommend them for roofing repair.

Description of Work
I found Accurate Roofing on Angie’s List after experiencing a roof leak in early March 2016. We initially called them to tarp the roof as it would be a week before the insurance adjuster would be available to inspect the damages.

Work Completed On 03/31/2016

04/23/2016

Mary H.

We are repeat customers of Accurate Roofing. Over the years they have replaced our roof and installed solar fans and vents. We are VERY pleased with their workmanship and the quality of the materials they use. Art responds immediately to any questions or concerns. Over the years, we have never been anything but pleased with their various installers. I would highly recommend this company to even my best friend, which I have done!

Description of Work
Installed 2 solar fans and 6 vents

Work Completed On 04/22/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it has been a pleasure working with you on different projects.

03/29/2016

Anthony G.

I hired these guys in October, and it's now the end of March - the saga continues. It's a long boring story, but here are the main problems: I asked them to also replace a skylight at the time of the initial roof estimate, a month before they ever started the roof. Art said, sure no problem. After weeks of waiting, they finally start the roof, and they say that they can't do the skylight at this time because it takes 3 weeks to order a new one. Huh? Then why didn't we order it 3 weeks ago? Be prepared...there is a long string of situations like this. They took off the top layer of the roof, and there was a thin layer of insulation. They messed up that layer pretty bad when they took the roof off. They said to replace the insulation, it would cost a lot of money. I ask how much? I never got a quote. So they just roofed over it, saying it was 'fine'. So I'm stuck with an uneven layer of damaged insulation as the base of my roof. They put down some sheets of padding (charged me for them) after I complained, but it's totally uneven and water ponds worse than before. Which shouldn't be a big deal...except... There were two leaks exactly where the water ponds, after the roof is replaced. I know this because during the first storm the walls inside my house were buckling and cracking and were wet to the touch. There is obviously a leak in the roof that goes inside the wall. The next day, I go up on the roof with the crew, and lead them to the exact area where I think it's leaking. Low and behold, there are two areas that have been punctured and are poorly sealed! They patch the leaks, and admit there were leaks (I have photos). I take Art to show him the buckled wall, and he claims that it's normal. Huh? How the heck did I know there were leaks up there? Maybe because my wall is obviously buckled. If a wall 'normally' looks like that - is it just coincidence that there are two leaks directly above it? Art has told me in the past that he's responsible for damage like this. After several attempts to get him to fix the damage, I've stopped hearing from them. (BTW I've sent them two referrals, which I regret). Art took pictures, said he'd 'talk to his boss'. But I never heard from him again on that. This is a very common pattern. Next issue - did you know you can get a rebate from LA DWP for putting in a 'cool roof'? Well, you can. Accurate Roofing never told me this (fine, but weird), I figured it out myself, and have been asking for copies of simple documents to help me get my rebate (I'm going to do that work, not them). I'm asking for a copy of the permit, among other things, like the square footage of how much they installed. I've asked Art at least 7 times for the permit and short list of docs. I'm beginning to get very suspicious that the permit doesn't exist. Otherwise, Art - send me the simple documents so I can move on!! Next, back to the skylight. Guess what? After the roof was finished, the skylight still leaks. Shocker! So I try for at least a month to get them to estimate and replace the skylight. They finally do the skylight (they used old lumber as well) and all the damage to the drywall on the inside of the house is my problem. Why not estimate the whole job? Now I have to get a separate contractor to fix the interior damage? I guess so. Typical. Oh, and all the flashing they took off my house? Well, I asked for an estimate for new flashing. I never got the estimate. They put on the old ugly flashing. It now has chipped paint and bends/indentations all over it. I'm going to get on a ladder and fix it myself. Why bother even asking these guys? I'm really looking forward to spending a day making the flashing look nice again. That is sarcasm. The bottom line is that these guys are nice in person, but seriously lack customer service and attention to detail. If you want the job done 80% of the way, they are great. But you're going to have to get on a ladder, look for errors, email them 100 times, prepare to be ignored, and have your family blame you for hiring them. Frankly, I'd rather just pay a little more and have the job done right. They are either way over worked, or just don't care. Accurate roofing - I still owe you for the skylight. I'd like a credit for the damage to my wall and the rebate documents. I don't really want your help fixing anything, because it's too much trouble and I'm ready to hire a contractor that will do it right without me having to write a bad review.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof, replaced skylight.

Work Completed On 03/02/2016

11/28/2015

Valerie T.

Very professional and good customer service. I selected another company to replace the roof.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for roof replacement.

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

10/14/2015

M L.

They are professional, responsive and their estimate is extremely detailed. I highly recommend them to anyone (including my clients) looking for a new roof installation and/or repairs. Unfortunately, they were not available to start for 3-4 weeks (not their fault since I waited last minute). If this was in the summer, I would have no problem waiting. With El Niño coming, I decided not to wait and hired another company.

Description of Work
They provided me with an estimate for a new roof installation.

Work Completed On 10/14/2015

05/06/2015

J C F.

The roofer who did the work completed the task in a few minutes. It was explained to me that such problems (crows) are not unusual because the birds have an attraction to one of the roofing materials located beneath the curved roof tiles. Since Accurate was here i have not had the pecking sounds on the roof; thus, so far so good. Contrary to more prudent practice, i did not obtain a competing price - that was my shortcoming. When I initiated the first phone call, Accurate Roofing called me within a few minutes and set up the service call for two days later (4/29/15). They were prompt, punctual and courteous.

Description of Work
The roofer re-positioned one curved clay roof tile that had been dislodged by crows (or the wind, elements, whatever). He secured the tile in place with an adhesive. The location of the tile was difficult to get to as it was at the peak of my two story high roof.

Work Completed On 04/29/2015

We would like to Thank you for the kind words. We are sorry that you felt the cost was above what it should be however to pay for our insurance, workers comp, vehicles, equipment and labor we have a minimum fee of $300.00. I am glad to see that you paid less than this as we do sometimes make exceptions to the rule.

05/09/2014

Dennis T.

I like the work they did. They did not make a mess and was done quickly, within two days. They were very knowledgable.

Description of Work
They high pressure washed roof to clean metal roof on mobile home. Then they applied silicone to keep roof from leaking in the future. 5 year warranty.

Work Completed On 05/08/2014

It was a pleasure working with you (removed member name)

11/23/2013

Roxanne P.

About a year after the roof was done, we had issues and they came out to fix it. It took months to get it all done and they refused to repaint the portion they had to fix.

Work Completed On 11/18/2012

After looking at the issue at the residence we informed the client that it was not our error but we would correct it for her to keep her as a happy customer. The issue was the wood under the eave in a corner was plywood while the rest of the areas were T&G shiplap planks. While there was some wood replacement on this project we did not add or remove any plywood. Once this was explained we removed the plywood and installed the T&G, we also let her know that since it was not error that we would not paint the wood after it was installed. After installing the wood for her we also preformed a plaster patch as the plywood was installed at an improper angle leaving a gap after the new T&G was installed. It is unfortunate that she felt we did not provide her a a good service since we went above and beyond to keep her as happy as possible. We pride ourselves on our referrals and the great relationships that we have with our clients over the years.

09/23/2013

Elizabeth B.

Spoke and emailed Lee Leftwich. He was very professional and prompt. Although I ended up going with a different contractor, his company was one I would have gone with if things did not work out with the company I chose. Based on other reviews and his professionalism I would definately recommend to friends and family and anyone looking for roof work.

Description of Work
Estimated cost of providing brand new roof.

Work Completed On 06/07/2013

08/21/2013

Ervin K.

He came out and gave me a good estimate, I just decided to wait a while. The guy who came out was a very good guy, nice, and gave me a good estimate, but I decided to wait another month.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Accurate Roofing.

Work Completed On 07/17/2013

Thank you for the kind review. We are looking forward to working with you when you are ready to have your roof taken care of.

07/02/2013

Kevin M.

Lee came out to examine our roof and provide us with an estimate to replace it. We asked for, and later received, three different quotes for three different roofing materials, since we had not decided on one yet. Lee was very helpful and took his time to discuss our project with my wife and I. He did slam the brands of the materials the other roofers we talked to said they would use, which was a small red flag for me but no biggie. He provided us with a list of addresses to roofs he had done in our area. When his three different quotes came in, they were far and beyond higher than any of the others we received on like materials. When he followed up with us, just as we had made a pretty firm decision on a roofing material, I told him that his quotes were far higher than the others and we probably wouldn't be going with him. He was persistent. He asked for the opportunity to provide one more competitive quote on exactly that which we had decided on because he "really wanted the job" and I agreed. He gave me some additional addresses to houses close by that had that material installed on it, so we had more examples of it. But his second quote was still much higher. He mentioned that Accurate matches or beats other quotes but when I gave him a ballpark of where that number was, he couldn't match it and was doubtful that something wasn't missing in the other quote (we will see). I did greatly appreciate it when he contacted the manufacturer of the roofing material we had decided on and actually had a rep from that company drop off samples of the material directly to our house. That was cool and a big plus. But we just couldn't get past the cost difference.

Description of Work
Examine our roof and provide us with an estimate to replace it, including sheathing underneath.

Work Completed On 06/14/2013