Almeida & Son Painting & Construction Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since December 2005

2186 Research Dr

Livermore, CA 94550

Worried about who will paint your home, install your new cabinets, counter tops, or hardware for your remodeling project? Have no fear, Almeida SPC Inc. is here! Almeida SPC Inc. is our very own in-house general contractor who can install anything purchased at D & M Kitchen and Bath Supply, making

07/20/2018

susan S.

ALMEIDA & SON WERE PHENOMENAL! RESPONDED TO MY PHONE CALL WITHIN THE HOURS, AND PROVIDED QUOTE REQUEST SAME DAY. CREW WAS CONSCIENTIOUS ABOUT CLEAN UP AND MAINTAINED AN EFFECIENT OPERATION. THEY WERE THOROUGH IN THEIR PREP WORK AND APPLICATION OF PAINT. DOOR WASPAINTED A RED, AND MOST CAUTIOUS ABOUT NOT SPREADING THE COLOR OTHER THAN ON THE DOOR! :) WOULD HIRE AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT CANT RECALL APPROX DATE OF SERVICE; OCCURRED IN SPRINGTIME

Description of Work
EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINTING

02/14/2018

Genevieve N.

It all went as planned and Dennis was very communicative about what to expect each step of the way.

Description of Work
I needed to have a lot of cabinets painted throughout my house, flooring, lights, shower door and toilets installed.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, ceiling fans, interior painters

10/14/2017

Jean J.

Dennis is very responsive and knowledgeable. He came to give us estimate in a timely manner and was very patient to revise his estimate as we added more tasks since he was able to do all that we needed. Dennis and his team show up promptly everyday and cleaned up after the day's work. We are very satisfy with their work and is considering Almeida & Son for our next project, remodeling our kitchen.

Description of Work
Our main objective is to have exterior of our house painted. However, before the painting there were wood trims needed to be replaced, craw space vent to be replaced, front door to be stripped and re-stained. Most of the painting contractor we spoke with were not able to cover all that we needed to be done which mean we had to deal with more than one contractor.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

10/02/2017

Jeffrey S.

We needed to remodel our original 1971 kitchen. We got one quote for $50,000 and another for $14,000 to do a reface. I called a well referenced firm in Hayward and they had a 10 month waiting list Based on Angie's List reviews, we contacted Almeida and Sons. Dennis Almeida came and measured our kitchen and gave us a very reasonable quote of around $13,500. Later, with changes I requested, it came up to $15,500. Almeida and Sons has a showroom in Stockton where they have a wide variety of cabinets, sinks, faucets, counter tops, drawer hardware, sinks, etc. We met Dennis there to pick out our cabinets, counter tops, faucet, sink and drawer handles and floor tiles. We paid in advance for the cabinets so Dennis could order. About 4 weeks later they began work. The first day they demolished the kitchen. Angel and his crew were quick and efficient and cleaned up thoroughly after the demo. After the demo, we found some mold in the sheet rock. Angel and crew removed and replaced the moldy sheet rock. Thankfully, the wood was ok. Over the next two weeks .. yes two weeks, Angel and crew built out the kitchen which included sunken LED lights and removal of old 1971 lights, adding new electrical outlets to conform with code, moved refridgerator water feed and electrical connections. They also repainted and put in new baseboards where the old were removed to fit the kitchen. Dennis stopped by every day to check on progress. He was also very good about emailing status. They showed up on time every day except one and Dennis emailed and called to make sure we knew they would be late. They cleaned up every day. We were amazed by our new kitchen at a very reasonable cost. For the cost of a new Ikea kitchen, I think we got better quality. Soft closing drawers and cabinets, pull out shelving, quartz counter top, new garbage disposal. Note that this cost did not include new appliances. We bought those separately at Sears. I would heartily recommend Almeida and Sons for kitchen or bath remodeling!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling, interior painters

08/14/2017

Chad K.

Quick response to request for proposal, good estimate. Showed up and painted the house on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Exterior House Paint

11/20/2016

Roxana P.

My job was a little more difficult than expected, but they worked thru it with a smile.

Description of Work
Interior Painting.

Category interior painters

10/27/2016

Matthew C.

The project went extremely well. Dennis and his crew were prompt, courteous, and professional in all phases of the project. The quality of the workmanship was outstanding...we could not be happier. We are already planning our next project with Alameida and Son.

Description of Work
A complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

10/15/2016

Jennifer M.

Very nice however can't tell time. We scheduled a estimate appointment for 8:30am and tDennis showed up early. I wasn't able to answer because I couldn't hear since I was in the shower. Thanks for showing up at the scheduled time because I was ready then!

Description of Work
Estimate for painting kitchen cabinets.

Category house painters

In all my years of being in this business I have never had a person complain about me being 10 minutes early. Being that most contractor's are either late or don't show up to scheduled appointments I find it ludicrous that someone would complain about being early especially when I had made an exception to see her job in Oakland on a Saturday morning when we don't normally service that area.

09/18/2016

Kathleen D.

It has always gone well, and so Dennis has done multiple jobs for me and I am in the process of planning my next one. Always very happy with his communication, pricing and follow up and everyone that works with him has been professional, courteous and gone the extra mile.

Description of Work
I have had 2 bathrooms remodeled, exterior and interior painting, lighting and I am planning another remodel to have ceilings vaulted and a new patio door. Dennis is easy to contact and very responsive with quotes and scheduling. He works with you so that you end up with exactly what you wanted.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

09/05/2016

Kipp P.

Dennis delivered on everything he said he would. His crew was always professional and we worked with the same people for the whole job (total opposite of the last guy, who cycled through people like crazy...very unnerving to have so many different people in your house). We love our kitchen. He was flexible on payment methods (important for us since the first guy took all the money we saved for this). Couldn't be happier, already asking him to come back to quote the next project.

Description of Work
We found Dennis on Angies list after the contractor we hired to repair and update our kitchen swindled us out of $19K without finishing the job (and what he did finish was crap quality). Dennis told us he was very busy but came over to inspect the site the day after I contacted him and agreed to help us fix the situation. He was open about the fact that it would take him a while to get started because he had several other jobs going, but it was refreshing to have honesty instead of telling me it could be done "in a couple days" when it was obvious it couldn't. He quoted us the cost to fix what had been done and take it the rest of the way to completion. This included fixing cabinets, installing countertops, backsplash, a sink, and appliances, and some minor electrical work.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

07/31/2016

Lori F.

Excellent work, clean, professional, and on time. Dennis had great design suggestions, listened to our concerns and dealt quickly with issues and concerns.

Description of Work
We had 2 bathrooms remodeled

Category home remodeling

06/25/2016

Judy K.

Dennis and his team did a great job on all of the projects. Quality of work is high. I am overall happy with the results. I have received several positive comments from friends and family who visited my home. Dennis was also responsive to any follow ups that were needed after the projects were completed. I would hire him again for future home improvement projects.

Description of Work
I hired Dennis for several different projects starting with exterior painting of my house to general updates to my home that included bathroom remodel, new flooring installation and interior painting.

Category home remodeling, house painters

05/02/2016

Susan H.

I called on 3/21/16 at 3:41pm, I'm putting exact info so he can't say I didn't call... First off, he answered the phone saying "yeah", I was like, Oh, is this a place of business, again, he say's "yeah" doesn't bother to state the name of the business etc... so I then say is this a place that does painting, he say's "yeah", he clearly was busy... so I say I want to get someone to come out in April to give me an estimate, but don't want the work done until July... He say's - "okay, let me get your number and I will call you back later this evening"... well, that never happened, and that's okay, because if you can't even answer the phone professionally, or even bother to return a phone call your clearly to busy for any new business, and I don't want to work with someone like that anyway...

Description of Work
Nothing, did not return my call like he said he would

Category house painters

I did call her back a couple of times. The 1st time she called was around 7pm and since it was after hours I didn't state our company name. I didnt say "yeah" that's might be way I talk. I have no control if she doesn't check her messages. I'm sorry we missed each other and I wish her the best in finding someone to work with her. I always call my customers back.

04/22/2016

Ganesh S.

We started engaging with Dennis in Sep.2014, and have done our kitchen,dining,master bathroom, kids bathroom remodel in phases. Dennis and his crew are true professionals in every sense of the word. Dennis knows his job, is reasonable with the pricing, and above all is trustworthy. We would trust Dennis with the keys to our house. Dennis started with the painting and crown molding install, in our family/dining rooms and then moved on to the kitchen remodel. The quality of work is really great, especially the tile and crown modeling. We purchased the Merit Cabinets through Dennis, and they are holding up well, and look great. They then did our bathroom remodels, which involved total demo, including removal of sheet rock in the wall and ceilings, new doors, cabinets etc. Dennis also put in new insulation on the attic space over the bath room. Overall, we had a real sense of fulfillment when everything was completed. Dennis is very receptive to any changes or suggestions along the way, even after the work has progressed. We still have more work including our first floor remodel, and plan on having Dennis and his crew handle it.

Description of Work
Kitchen & Bathroom Remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

03/25/2016

Karen H.

We had some dry rot on our bathroom floor and needed an update/remodel to the room. Our experience with Dennis and his crew was very positive. They arrived on time, kept to schedule, were kind to my dog, were careful to minimize dirt and dust to other areas of the house, did excellent work and explained to me various options.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

02/24/2016

Mark A.

Great work, friendly workers, great overall experience.

Description of Work
painting and crown molding in two bedrooms

Category house painters, interior painters, mold removal

01/22/2016

Carol M.

Dennis was always prompt and professional. He addressed my concerns as soon as I brought them up. I am so very satisfied with the finished product. Thank you, Dennis, for making this a great experience.

Description of Work
Dennis remodeled the entire bathroom, removed a cabinet and moved a wall, re-enameled the bathtub, painted, changed out all the fixtures, put in new cabinet and counter, sink, etc. Put new tile on bathroom floor, in shower, added shower doors, and changed out the door to the bathroom.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

11/30/2015

Lori F.

Very happy with owner and crew. They were professional, on time, clean and they performed quality work. They provided good feedback to design decisions and were able to complete the job by the date requested. We are definitely considering them for other bathroom remodel.

Description of Work
complete master bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

10/30/2015

Jeffery S.

Dennis was very congenial and easy to work with. He was even able to start the job a couple of days earlier than his original comittment. He and his crew were on time. They did a great job of protecting the surrounding areas from dust and debris. The cost was right on target with his original estimate, plus we got an Angie's List discount. Most important - the finished job is beautiful.

Description of Work
Removed old fluorescent kitchen light fixture. Wired and installed new recessed ceiling lights. Installed new drywall with texture and crown molding around the new lights. Wired and Installed 3 pendant lights over breakfast bar. Painted ceiling to complete the job.

Category drywall, electrician, interior painters

10/28/2015

Sandra S.

Dennis was very professional in his quotes and follow ups. I contracted with him to paint the interior of the house, and also the kitchen cabinets. Walls and ceilings were painted with two coats of Kelly Moore paint and look great. The issue is the quality of the other work and general clean up. Previously the kitchen cabinets and trim were a dark drown, he assured me that he would use a heavy duty primer. I am very disappointed in the outcome of the kitchen cabinets & door trim and as you can see brown through the new lighter color paint. He came back to perform touch up's , as the bottom of the cabinets were not painted, but the quality of the workmanship is very poor. Examples : electrical plugs/outlets/switches were taped and left for us to remove. All wall plates were thrown out, and I had to replace. In the contract, he stated that he would mount new knobs and pulls, which he did. But the sawdust from the holes was still left on top of the microwave and on the floor. Paint was dropped into two sets of blinds. Slats stuck together, tried to unstick, now both sets need to be replaced. Paint dropped on the bottom of the mirror closet doors and not removed. Where the ceiling stopped and top of wall started, paint was not level, very eye catching. No caulking was performed on the trim.

Description of Work
Contracted to painted the entire inside of the home, except bathrooms and doors. 3 bed two bath home.Ceiling, door trim & closets. Bathrooms & Doors were remodeled or replaced by another company.

Category house painters, interior painters

Regarding the outlet covers we were told by [Member name removed] partner to throw them away because new ones were going to be installed so we did that. Regarding caulking we caulk all the necessary are including trim and corners on the ceiling lines, but due to the ceiling lines not being straight the wouldn't and paint didn't look straight and this was explained to Sandy's partner. I explained that was the way the house was built and there wasn't much I can do about that. Regarding the kitchen cabinets, we painted all the cabinets, but then she had them removed to get European hinges on them and then that company scratched them and installed the doors in some areas upside down. This is why Brown was showing. I explained that these hinges should have been installed prior to us painting, but she was in a rush and didn't want to do this the correct way. The comment about general clean up again when we left it there was no sawdust or paint left from us anywhere. Regarding the blinds and closet door I showed [Member name removed] partner that there was paint from a previous painter. This was shown the day we started.

09/24/2015

Ruth L.

Great! Dennis provided an estimate quickly and scheduling the job was a breeze. He and his crew arrived on time and spent the first day power washing, caulking and sanding. His crew continued with the painting through the week taking the time to do the job right. Our house had not been painted for several years and it was so "thirsty" that the crew used 3 coats of paint in some areas even though I had contracted for just 2. Dennis stuck to his original estimate despite this which I really appreciated. Great company and highly recommended

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

09/10/2015

Debra W.

I contacted Dennis in May because he had good reviews on Angies List. He said he could not get to my job until then end of July/August. I agreed I would wait until he had TIME for my job. He and another worker did the tear down including disconnecting my kitchen sink plumbing. Three days later I discovered my flooring and cabinet beneath my sink was flooded. Apparently the valves were not capped (I am not a plumber but this is what I learned from other professionals)and leaked over a three day period underneath my laminate flooring. I called Dennis immediately and he came over as fast as he could. It was a weekend. That is why he gets an A for responsiveness and punctuality. But that is where the good grades end. I understand plumbing leaks and accident happen but being told "Just wait and see if your floor buckles before you remove it," was totally inappropriate. There was water squishing under foot! I called a water restoration company and had to have my kitchen and some dining room flooring pulled up, my cabinet where the plumbing leaked replaced, couple inches of wall cut out that was wet and THREE days of dehumidifiers and blowers loudly blowing. My refrigerator was in my dining room. Dennis came back after everything was dry and roughly patched the walls. My granite and kitchen sink was put in by a guy named Sergio who was professional and talented. I love my new counter tops. Dennis rushed Sergio out and said he would put a sealant between the new sink and the counter tops when he came back, but he never did. Dennis tried to engage me in the discussion about the leak, "I talked to a plumber friend..., this has never happened to me in 15 years." He NOT ONCE apologized for the total inconvenience and added cost the flood caused. I did contact my insurance because that is what homeowners insurance is for. Anyway a friend and I painted my kitchen, built the new shelving, and put in a back splash. I asked Dennis by email when he might be able to finish my pantry and patch the drywall and he gave me a date at the end of August. I never heard from him again, so I sent him an email ending our professional relationship. He was going to put a header in for my new pantry and hang the bifold doors but I have found another professional for that job. I still have a concrete floor in my kitchen and some weird purple drywall that was never finished by Dennis. I would be very cautious with this contractor. Make sure he has time for your job. I heard over and over from him that he was very busy with other jobs. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Dennis Almeida was contracted to tear down the existing tile counter tops in the kitchen and replace with granite, install new sink, paint and finish kitchen walls, and prepare a wall for a new pantry.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, house painters, interior painters, doors

When we left her home there was no water running under the sink. We cant control what happens when we are not there. I did try to help her with the issue. I went out there and replaced her valves even though when I was there no water was running or dripping. I had apologized and I was willing to help her fix the floor if she was able to get the material, but I never heard back from her. Yes we are busy but I try to take care of all my customers. This is something we have strived on doing for years. I am still willing to help her fix the floor if she wants us to do it. I'm sorry we weren't able to get things done for her as fast as she liked.

09/01/2015

gary B.

Dennis and his crew were awesome. They provided timely service to meet our schedule and were efficient and professional with their work. I cannot speak highly enough about Almeida and Son painting services. As a customer all I can ask for is a responsive and considerate service provider and Dennis Almeida exceeded every expectation. I will use them for any painting and construction services needed in the future. Thank you Dennis for your excellent service. My primary issue with this project was becoming aware that not only does Angie's List charge their vendors that use their service $500 per month to advertise on their site, they also take a big cut of the 'Big Deal's' advertised on their site. Often service providers barely make any profit on thelr advertised 'Deals' and often lose money for the chance to market their services. Shame on Angie's List for taking advantage of service providers so they can make money at the expense of hard working, honest service providers. Also, be careful when you describe the nature of your project to the contractor. Be aware that when the work is completed and there are hours remaining compared to the original advertised hours allowed, Angie's List requires the contractor to decline the additional work due to their agreement with the contractor. If the work you need done doesn't add up to the maximum hours allowed in the deal you may have no leverage to uti[ize the remaining hours for additional work you need performed. It will make me consider future 'Big Deals' knowing that it potentially compromises businesses from making an honest day's wages. Once again, thank you Almeida and Son for excellent service.

Description of Work
provided painting in portions of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

Category house painters, interior painters

08/14/2015

K W.

Absolutely an amazing experience?.my home looks incredible and I am thankful that I found Dennis to do this work. Because I needed repairs in addition to painting, I needed an experienced contractor who could provide both services at a reasonable price. Dennis and his team were professional, attentive, and hard workers. Dennis remained in contact with me throughout the entire process from the initial quote/estimate to the completion of the work. He is patient and willing to discuss concerns and answer questions. He provided a painting consultation to help ensure I was picking the right colors and the right color scheme for my home. The work started on schedule and was completed ahead of schedule. They are meticulous and pay close attention to details. During the final stage of the work, I made a checklist of items to review and ensure where completed. The next day, when I went to review to my list with Dennis, his team had already taken care of every item on my list. Their quality assurance process is great and I was thrilled that every item was taken care of before I needed to point those things out to them. Additionally, Dennis still conducted his own review to ensure every detail was taken care of by his team to meet his expectations. The team arrived early every day and cleaned-up and stored materials at the end of each day. On the final day, the area around the house was spotless as if they were never there. I am definitely planning to use Dennis and his team again for interior work that I have planned for my home.

Description of Work
Completed two jobs: First - Refinished Front Entry Doors...striped the exterior side of the 2 front doors, washed and sanded, applied 1 coat of oil base stain, and then applied by brush 3 coats of high gloss UV oil base marine varnish. Second - Repaired & Painted Exterior of House..powered wash the exterior of the house, removed the 1x6 wood trim around the windows on the side of the front door (4 upper windows and 3 lower windows), installed new 30 Year Warranty wood in these areas, covered all the windows and surrounding areas, scraped, sanded and primed all the wood trim with 1 coat, filled in all the cracks in the stucco and around the windows with an ELASTOMERIC caulking, sprayed all the stucco, eaves, and the garage doors with 2 coats of paint, painted all the fascias, gutters and the foam trim under the gutters with 2 coats of paint, and painted all the window trim with 2 coats of paint.

Category contractors, handyman service, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

06/30/2015

Leticia L.

Had a complete Kitchen renovation done and I mean "complete" my kitchen was gutted drop ceiling and all!! Almeida & Son did a fabulous job... Dennis is very easy to work with and responds any time of day with any questions you may have. There was a bit of a "bump in the road" but he made it all good and fixed any issues right away. You can tell he wants to make his clients happy and feel they got what they paid for. I have worked with many contractors (I have worked in the trades for many years) and I have to say he was always on time, his crew worked fast, he always called with a recap of what work was completed and what was to be scheduled for the next week. I really appriciated the consistant communication. The transformation of my kitchen is amazing! Hope to work with him and his team again!

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

Attic Pros

Attic Pros is your go-to attic insulation installation and rodent removal contractor in San Francisco Bay Area. We offer a wide range of services for rodent removal, attic cleaning, insulation replacement, and crawl space cleaning to meet all your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Hi- Builders Group

At Hi-Builders Group, our goal is to help homeowners bring their dream home to fruition. Our team offers personalized services to ensure that our clients are accommodated on every level. Our managers, client service experts, designers, and builders are topnotch industry professionals that pay strict attention to detail when servicing clients. Hi-Builders Group are committed to leading the maintenance and remodeling industry by providing services you can rely on, and pure client satisfaction. Our objective is for every homeowner to feel at ease throughout the entire process as we go above and beyond to obtain your stamp of approval.

HVAC Gurus

Call for a free estimate! Insulation Gurus have an extensive background in HVAC and insulation services. With fifteen years of experience on the field, the Gurus have earned a reputation as trusted installers. Our mission is to provide both our residential and commercial customers with reliability, expert advice, quality work integrity and an outstanding service. We dedicate ourselves 110% to our customers not only to achieve energy efficiency, comfort, and safety, but also to establish a friendship. Everybody needs a Guru in the family. Let us be yours!

Check, Visa, MasterCard Available, American Express, Discover

We offer many services. We do complete Kitchen & Bathroom Remodels. We also carry Quartz, kitchen cabinets and Plumbing for our projects. We also offer complete Interior and Exterior Painting.

As of Sept 16,2016 we are scheduling new projects for November 2016