SAN DIEGO WATER DAMAGE & REMEDIATION SERVICES

Founded 1988 • With Angi since May 2006

7850 North Ave

Lemon Grove, CA 91945

We are dedicated to providing creative and effective solutions to your water damage and mold remediation needs. If your property has been damaged by water, sewage or septic back up, don't panic. Give San Diego Water Damage a call first so your problem is handled by experienced, certified professionals. Our experience in immediate water damage clean up, sewer damage clean up, complete structural drying & water damage repair helps prevent mold from invading your property....

03/05/2019

Kevin N.

These guys were awesome at removing all the mold from our master bathroom. I highly recommended them.

Description of Work
Mold damage in master shower fixed

02/18/2019

Cynthia D.

We contacted the company for water damage on the bedroom ceiling. They are extremely responsive during a very busy rainy season. Comparing to another companf their quote came much less.. They are very honest about what needs to be done, not trying to fix more than it’s needed to get more money. They were also able to schedule the appointment within a timely matter. At the end we didn’t choose them because our contractor who caused the water leak agreed to fix our ceiling damage for free. I would not hesitate to contact San Diego water damage and remediation services for any future water damage needs.

Description of Work
Fix Water damage for the bedroom ceiling

07/11/2017

MARJORIE R.

I highly recommend this company. Oliver was my contact person. He was very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. I was very happy with the service I received.

Description of Work
Water and mold remediation

05/11/2017

Eve-Clair H.

They gave an estimate based only on the mold remediation of removing the island cabinet that was infected.

Description of Work
Only reason not hired to do mold remediation is because they do not do the repairs afterwards and we would have had to hire a separate company to do the repair/rebuild of an island kitchen cabinet.

03/07/2017

Dewey M.

Larry came within 24 hours of my first call and gave us an honest assessment of our problem. I had already convinced myself that we needed to open up the wall and dry out the area but Larry refused to take me for a ride. He told me this was just surface mold and a result of living close to the coast. All I need to do is clean it off and get better dehumidifiers. These guys saved me $3-5K in remediation.

Description of Work
We live in Point Loma and when we noticed mold growing on the wall of our bedroom we called SD Water Damage to inspect it for us.

08/15/2016

Jessica Y.

Outstanding service by Rafael Santiago. Came out the next day; was on time and had all the requisite equipment. Was smart and knowledgeable. Told us what we could and couldn't do. Helped us to take the next step to get rid of excess moisture in the bathroom. Would recommend them readily to anyone with similar issues.

Description of Work
Investigate sources of musky smell in master bathroom.

05/13/2015

Katy W.

Great experience, would definitely use and recommend this company again. :)

Description of Work
Mold Inspection

03/09/2015

Frederick S.

I developed a smell of mold/mildew around my kitchen sink. On Angies List San Diego Water Damage & Remediation was listed as a Big Deal. I called them and talked to Mr Rafael Santiago. On 1/28/2015 Mr Santiago came to my home and gave me an estimate of $1600.00. I agreed to the terms and the end of Jan or 1st part of Feb Mark and his partner sealed off the kitchen, took out the particle board under my sink and began the remediation. The remediation was completed and Mark gave me an estimate of $400.00 to restore under the sink. On 2/4/2015 the job was completed, almost. He didn't paint the shelf explaining it was finished plywood and didn't need painting. Not being the kind of person to argue with a worker I let it go and decided to call Mr Santiago. I talked to Mr Santiago and explained that I wasn't happy with the end product and told him that the shelf wasn't painted, the screws were not seated properly, some were countersunk and some were not. We decided I would provide the paint and he would come out and sink the screws, fill the hole with wood putty and paint the shelf. He came out done the work and now I'm a happy camper. I think it was a little pricey but that's my opinion, I am not familiar with the business, I would recommend this Company to anyone, I would use this company again but I would not have Mark do any work for me. A company can't be judged by one person. Frederick Snyder

Description of Work
Drying, Antimicrobial sealer, setup/takedown, Monitor, Containment, PPE, Final cleaning, Decontamination, Dump charge.

Category contractors, plumbing, water damage restoration, mold removal

12/29/2014

Rekha C.

It was mixed bag. In the beginning, I thought everything was going well. Rafael seemed to really know his business and his guys jumped right in and got to work . They had a lot of familiarity with the way insurance works and billed and that was good, since this was our first (and hopefully last) experience with home flooding. He mentioned that if I use their contractor that it would help us financially because in the gray areas between water remediation and mold remediation, he could push billing into water remediation (which is covered by insurance). At the outset he gave me an estimate of $5000. After about three weeks of drying and a few days of mold remediation, he mold tested and found that we failed the mold test. This required further mold remediation. When I asked for an estimate for additional work, that is when things got squirrelly. We were never given a second quote, nor any indication of the amount of additional billing that we would incur. I knew that we would pay more, and I understood that the original amount was an estimate. However, after the original testing, and the subsequent work, he became much harder to get information from him. It was a busy time in San Diego, we had a lot of rain, and I think they got busy. We started to stop by the house more frequently to find out what was going on. One day Rafael said my guys are going to be there all day. They didn't show up until after 9:00, I stopped by at 3:40 and they were already gone. Not a full day in my book. Rafael told my husband they were there until 4:00, and it wasn't until my husband said that I was there physically and knew no one was there, did he acknowledge that they cut out early ("because it was Friday.") After we complained regarding the fact that no one was there, they did come the next day and work. For obvious reasons (especially because I didn't know what our final bill was going to be), I was very uncomfortable with the fact that they said they were there and weren't. It took a long time to get our final bill, despite repeat requests for an invoice. This was important to us, as this was all out-of-pocket money. We needed to budget for any additional repairs/upgrades we were going to do (we just bought this house in March of 2014, so we didn't have a ton of cash floating around after the recent down payment). Our contractor (the guy he recommended) couldn't get info from him. (Just FYI, the extremely positive referrals regarding his contractor are for his PRIOR partner, not the guys he is working with now.) In the end, we got a bill for almost $8000. We negotiated and that is how we ended up with the above amount. In the end, I think that when you work with a professional person, an expert in their field, you should expect a final bill within 20% of their estimate. And, if not, I expected to be kept apprised of the the difficulties (and thus higher bill). The first bill was 50% higher than the estimate and I find that level of inaccuracy and poor communication regarding how far over the quote they ended up to be unacceptable. Additionally, I do not expect to have to chase down a provider regarding getting an invoice. I am not sure why it took so long to get a bill, not sure about how their office works. I think that if he had been more open with me during the process and said, "Hey, this is gonna run you a couple of extra grand," it would have been a lot smoother. It was anxiety-producing to not know what was happening with the house remediation, the bill, and being able to decide how much money we would have left to add to the repair of the house. The overall quality of the work seemed fine. In the end, he did offer to keep talking about the bill (more negotiations), but we just wanted to be done with and paid, so we could get on with the repairs. We paid him within three days of a final bill. It ended up being 47.9% above the estimate. I would have been comfortable with 25-30% above estimate, given that there were additional clean-ups to do.

Description of Work
We had a hot water pipe spring a leak under our house. It was probably leaking for 10 days or more and we noticed because our hardwood floors ended up warping all through the house and the subfloor got steamed. I went to Angie's List and picked this provider based on their excellent reviews. They ended up doing the drying of the home as well as mold remediation, which ended up taking several weeks.

Category flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, mold removal

12/02/2014

Mario M C.

Perfect. Courteous and delivered as promised.

Description of Work
water damage remediation. removed wet drywall and dried out wall.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, mold removal

11/26/2014

Cheryl R.

Rafael from SDWD, was quick to send Mark out to begin remediation of a previously bad flood clean-up by ServiceMaster. The flood was in December of 2013, but in September, 2014 when we opened our walls to begin a remodeling project, Black Mold was everywhere that the walls had been left sealed by ServiceMaster in 2013. Mark was compassionately concerned for us and immediately began assessing the situation and removing additional drywall and insulation left behind by ServiceMaster. He was exceptional in his patient and thorough explanations to us as to the process ahead to get us back to a safe home. His documentation and photos were helpful in pinpointing the responsibility back to the poor original clean-up by ServiceMaster. Rafael checked in regularly and offered valuable advice in dealing with our insurance claim. Our home is safe again to live in! Thank you so much Mark and Rafael for the professional and yet compassionate way you took care of us!

Description of Work
SDWD cleaned up extensive Black Mold left behind from another company's poor flood remediation 7 months previously.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, mold removal

08/15/2014

Alison W.

I called Rafeal on a Friday morning. He picked up right away and I described that after taking down a built in closet, we were seeing dark areas on one of our interior walls. This wall was shared with a bathroom and we suspected a plumbing leak had turned into a mold problem. After hearing all the details Rafael said that one of his inspectors would be calling to schedule a time to come by the house. I asked what the price for the inspection would be and he said it was FREE to Angie's list members!! Later that afternoon an inspector called to see if the next day (Saturday) would be ok to come take a look. We agreed upon 11-12pm on Saturday. The next day the inspector called around 11:45am to check the address he was given, which ended being a little bit off. We appreciated the phone call and were impressed with the courtesy. About 15 minutes later he showed up and immediately after introducing himself, put his shoe covers on before we took him to the problem area. After looking in and around the wall and doing some moisture tests on different parts of the wall, he concluded that there was no mold present and no need for any detailed repair work on their part. He gave his opinion on what was causing the discoloration and gave us a couple suggestions as to what we could do ourselves to remedy the problem. After giving us a business card we said goodbye. From first contact to last, we were very impressed with this company! Their promptness and courtesy was outstanding. More importantly their ethical conduct was what stood out to us the most. They were honest in their assessment and about the fact that there was no need for us to spend money on unnecessary repairs, other than a little cosmetic work. We are so glad that we found this company on Angie's list and that we now have someone to call if we ever run into water problems in our house.

Description of Work
An inspector came out to our house to see if one of our walls had mold inside the wall.

08/06/2014

CYNTHIA K.

We found the problem when we decided to replace the floors. We had a full master bath reno the previous year and the contractor who was hired, failed to hot mop the shower during construction. Needless to say, we had a year's worth of damage in our kitchen cabinets, living room wall and bathroom. I found his company on Yelp. Great review's. We called them and they were there within the hour. The next day they demo'd the kitchen, bathroom and set up for mold remediation. They were extremely professional, they took full control and worked with our insurance company for a very smooth outcome. I couldn't say more about this company and their responsiveness. We wanted to use them for the whole job but there was a dispute about the warranty on the work. The company we decided to go with to fiinish the work gave us a three year warranty. I was sad to know after the fact that SD Water Remediation would have matched it if we would have negotiation with Rafael. So negotiate with Rafael. Excellent work!!! Love, love, love this company.

Description of Work
Mold abatement

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, mold removal

07/21/2014

Amanda P.

I just purchased an old home and found a spot that looked like painted over mold and I was more than a bit concerned. I am deeply distrustful of mold people b/c I've had experience with people who say that they'd need to tear down the house I was renting to fix it. I looked high and low through reviews and these guys seemed reputable and good. Roberto came over, looked at the two spots I was worried about and basically told me that it wasn't a big deal. He explained how I could clean it up on my own and what to watch for if it comes back or gets worse. (He also pointed out some areas that I need to watch for moisture in the future as well.) I would absolutely call these guys in the future and recommend then to my friends too.

Description of Work
Previous water damage and visual inspection for mold.

06/13/2014

Maeve M.

I am not unfamiliar with leaks and homeowners insurance, so when I had a recent leak from the bath-tub upstairs into the ceiling of the garage I called this company. They were prompt, efficient and took the headache of me dealing with my insurance company. They contacted my insurance directly and took care of the claim and helped processing with the payment. So in addition to excellent repairs I had less of a headache with the insurance company, thanks to these guys!

Description of Work
Extracted damaged dry wall, dried area and replaced.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

06/09/2014

PAUL T.

Did not hire. Became a DIY project.

Description of Work
I had a RO filter that leaked and caused damage to the cabinetry under the kitchen sink. Called this company (based on Angie Reviews.) Sent a fellow to check it. This guy made it sound like I had a nuclear reactor leak! I am not saying that his assessment wasn't true or accurate; however, this company is used to being paid by insurance companies do deal with floods and the insurance companies want to do it right to avoid a repeat. In this case I had a leak that is not covered, so it was my wallet that was going to get hit. I do not have the original quote, but I remember it to be well over $1000. The biggest frustration I had with it was all the nickle and dime things that I was being told. Why to they have to rent fans? Don't they own them? Why do I have to rent fans? Shouldn't it be part of the service? In the end, I made it a DIY project.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

I know it can be very frustrating when a loss is not covered by your insurance company. It is unfortunate when this happens, but it doesn't change how we do our job. As a licensed contractor doing mitigation work, we must follow the industry standard of care to insure the work is completed correctly. Drying the structure is the critical part of the job. This is accomplished using dehumidifiers and fans. We do own all our equipment. In this industry all equipment is billed as a rental, every company and estimating program does it this way. I'm sorry we were not able to help you with your loss. Our pricing is very fair, and we extend a 10% discount to Angie's List Members for mitigation work. Sincerely, Rafael Santiago President San Diego Water Damage

05/10/2014

Sean A.

Roberto and his team did a great job! Having an infant, mold is such a scary concept! We had to section off the whole downstairs. Roberto was extremely professional and thorough in his work. After they finished, we had the house re-tested and the inspector even commented on how well the job was done. We would highly recommend using this company for ensuring that the job is done right!

Description of Work
Mold remediation- what a nightmare!

04/19/2014

Tod C.

Roberto was awesome. They put up a partition to keep the mold and moisture away from the rest of the house. We were even able to keep our access to our laundry. While going through this sort of event is not anything anybody would describe as pleasant; these guys made the experience a positive one. THANK YOU. After all the water damage was taken care of Larry did a fantastic job with the repair work. The whole area is in far better shape than it was before the event.

Description of Work
I came home from a vacation to find a dripping washing machine hose. Found Rafael Santiago (San Diego Water Damage) on Angie's List. And yes all those other positive reviews describe my experience as well. Rafael was out the next day, punctual and polite. Helped me figure out how to get my house back. Thank you. We set up a schedule. Figured out what had to be done. Got my insurance company involved and save me a ton of money.

12/22/2013

Marion G.

I used SAN DIEGO WATER DAMAGE & REMEDIATION SERVICES.

Description of Work
I used SAN DIEGO WATER DAMAGE & REMEDIATION SERVICES.

06/14/2013

Jordan M.

There was a flood and they came in to dry out my home. They were on time. Everything was controled and very professional. We are very happy with the service.

Description of Work
They dried out my house from a flood.

03/17/2013

Howard C.

. The first day of work, Roberto and Alfredo arrived and began removing the damaged areas. They first constructed a containment area of plastic sheeting that protecting the remaining cabinets and insulated the rest of the house from the work area. I was concerned that our granite counter top that was only a couple of years old would be ruined during the demo. Roberto and Alfredo were able to remove all of the affected cabinets and then prop up the granite without damaging it. They removed 4 sets of cabinets and the adjacent drywall. They then treated the remaining wood framing and set up drying fans in the containment area. The fans took 6 days to fully dry the wood. During that time another employee Armondo, made daily visits to inspect the process, measure the wetness of the wood and adjust the fans when necessary. When the wood was dry enough the fans were removed and the reconstruction began. David Guttas is the contractor for San Diego Water Damage and he was our contact point for the rest of the job. He was very personable, professiona, and very helpful and responsive to all of our requests. David gave us an estimate and answered all of our questions. His advice on working with our insurance company helped us immensely,. When we gave him the go ahead, his cabinet maker Orudabay (I know its not spelled right) arrived to take measurements, retrieve all of the old reusable cabinet faces and drawers, and then began rebuilding the cabinets. About a week later the cabinets were installed and they looked great. The final touches were performed by George, who installed the drywall prior to cabinet installation, and then textured and painted the remaining areas, He also grouted the tile and replaced the damaged floor molding. All of San Diego Water Damage employees were polite, competent and professional. The entire process took less than 3 weeks and was far less painful that I expected. When you are facing a project like this, where strangers are working in your home and you are spending a fair amount of money, it is is natural to feel anxious and wonder if you made the right business choice. Angie's List gave us the information and reviews we needed to make our choice. I would highly recommend San Diego Water Damage and Remediation Services.

Description of Work
I discovered a water leak from my dishwasher that apparently had been leaking for quite a while. The kitchen cabinets beneath and adjacent to the sink were water soaked and moldy, along with the drywall behind them. I found San Diego Water Damage and Remediation Services on Angie's List and after reading their excellent reviews I called Rafael Santiago the owner. He was very professional and explained the process that involved removing the affected areas and then reconstructing the damage. He told me what to expect from my insurance company and how long the repairs might take. When I decided to use his service I called Rafael and he told me he would send a crew out the next day.

03/11/2013

wilbur S.

On reading many excellent reviews about this Co. on Angie's List, I referred them to my sister who was desperate to find a reliable, honest, & reasonable firm to repair her kitchen/family room ceiling damaged by water from the condo unit above her. Here are her comments: "Rafael Santiago, the owner himself, took the call & immediately set the appt. to inspect the damages & gave me an estimate. The damages were carefully assessed, the procedure was explained to me to me, & the remediation crew arrived promptly at the time promised. They were courteous, efficient, & were very careful to protect the floors and furniture, & answered all my concerns. They built a barrier of plastic to keep the dust from traveling to the other areas. Once the damaged ceiling was opened up, disinfected & thoroughly dried, it was ready for reconstruction. For that part of the job, I have many praises for the construction manager, David Guttas. He gave me a fair estimate of the work that needed to be done, checked the progress daily & made sure everything was replaced back to it's original state., as there were over a dozen recessed lights, 2 hanging light fixtures & 2 Bose speakers for my sound system. The workmanship & service were excellent & I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them for any kind of remediation as this company is the BEST!!" My sister is a very fussy & detailed person so when she says a company is excellent, they must be the best! Note: Error: The condo unit was built in 2008, not 1978 as listed.

Description of Work
Entire ceiling caused by water damaged by the condo unit above , removed, disinfected & reconstructed back to it's original state.

Category mold removal

Thank you Customer, It was a pleasure working with your sister.

03/11/2013

Laurie G.

Rafael and his team were very professional and very prompt. When the job was completed, they picked up their equipment in a very timely manner. Rafael is very responsive and works well with his clients.

Description of Work
We had a problem with water damage, Armando and another guy happen to be in the neighborhood on another job. They were able to give me an estimate that day. The crew had to demolish 1/2 the kitchen, set up air quality control (plastic sheeting enclosure) fans and other things. They demolished the kitchen down to the studs. Rafael can take care of the whole process from tear down to remodel. I had him do the tear down only.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you Customer for letting us help you and you tenants

01/07/2013

Daniel D.

We discovered scary-looking black mold in our children's room, called SDWD&RS, and they were there to check it out in an hour! The technician used some fancy gadgets to measure the moisture in the walls and told me that actually the walls were not wet (good). Also, he thought the area of damage did not look extensive enough to warrant their services (which would go the whole nine yards as far as mold containment). He gave me good advice on what to do to clean it up. In other words, he had plenty of opportunity to scare me into spending plenty of money with them, and yet did not. So I am convinced that these folks are very honest and forthright, as well as prompt and professional. If we ever have a bigger job I will use them for sure (or if this issue turns out to be bigger than we thought when we get in there). Especially with mold abatement, I think honesty is the main thing you're looking for, and these guys have it -- recommended.

Description of Work
just an assessment

Thank you Member, it was a pleasure working for you. San Diego Water Damage

10/07/2012

tom S.

I was really impressed with the company's level of professionalism. They were easily reachable by phone, responded quickly to come over and give an estimate. Every employee was courteous and professional in his part of the job. Our refrigerator had evidently been leaking for quite some time, just after we had had $8,000 of flood damage in the same area (kitchen) repaired only 2 months prior to this job. The insurance paid for the first job, but not the second since they claimed it was damage from a small leak in the water line to the fridge. I will also have them do the reconstruction of the area, since they've been so reliable thus far.I would call them again in a second, although I could've avoided the whole problem in the first place if the insurance company had suggested installing a leak detector ($7.00 item) behind the fridge. I now have them under the sinks, fridge, and washing machine! Live and learn. Anyway, SD Water Damage & Remediation Services is great company to work with!

Description of Work
Rafael Santiago and his crew tented the affected areas, tore apart the walls, removed the moldy base cabinets, wallboard, etc., dried out and disinfected the area, and hauled away the trash.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal