The Awning Company

California: Contractors
03/31/2023

16811 Hale Ave Suite E

Irvine, CA 92606

Family Owned and operated, with more than 20 years experience in the industry, the people at The Awning Company have the know how, experience and expertise to get your project done right. As a leader in the industry and the preferred vendor in Orange County, The Awning Company utilizes its expertise and experience to provide superior quality and customer service. Our expert staff at, The Awning Company, go out of their way to ensure that every customer is satisfied 100% of the time. Part of ensuring customer satisfaction includes a free no obligation consultation and written quote provided by an experienced Awning Company representative who will help you not only get the type of awning that you want but the type that your project needs as well. In order to bring you the most consistent high quality products available on the market today, each product we sell goes through several rigorous quality control processes before it leaves the factory. With our superior warranty policy and first class customer service you can relax and enjoy your purchase from The Awning Company knowing that it will last for many sunny years to come. Our top quality custom made awnings can transform the appearance of your home or commercial building as well as protect your furnishings, help significantly reduce energy expenses and increase usable square footage. Professional design and superior workmanship are the trade marks of The Awning Company....

awnings (18)Patios (1)window treatment (1)

08/10/2019

Margaret J.

All went smoothly and happy with the result. The sales person was detailed and the price was very competitive.

Description of Work
Motorized retractable awning

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

Review for The Awning Company - 16811 Hale Ave, Irvine, CA - 38038045

05/10/2019

Sabrina M.

I called and made an appointment a week in advance. The morning of the appointment, I called to confirm and the woman on the phone said she had no record of the appointment. She apologized and made a new appointment for the same appointment time later that day, with the same technician. An hour and a half later, she called back to cancel the new appointment and said the technician was no longer available at that time and could he come earlier, 4 hours before the scheduled appointment time. Initially, it took me awhile to move appointments to accommodate the original time, so moving the appointment earlier wasn't possible. The woman on the phone (Leslie) was very nice, but didn't admit that it was her who didn't record the original appointment until I asked for further explanation. Unfortunately, a lot of wasted time, just for no visit and no quote. Probably not the best first impression-- I chose not to remake the appointment for a third time.

Description of Work
Slide wire awning estimate

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

[Member Name Removed], I want to start off by sincerely apologizing for our handling of your appointment. It is not the way we like to do business. And we certainly don't like wasting our potential customers time. Unfortunately when we went to save your appointment in to our 3rd party scheduling system, unknown to us at the time, your appointment never saved in the system. We only realized this when you called in that the system hadn't saved it. When Lesvia tried to make it up to you and set the appointment for later that day she was unaware the our representative had already made prior arrangements. Again, this is not how I want our potential customers treated. Your time is valuable. We all make mistakes but unfortunately on this occasion we never recovered and handled it the way we should have. I have addressed your issues with all of our staff in an effort to make sure this does not happen again. If you would like to give us one more chance to put this right I will personally make sure you are taken care of in the manner that makes up for this whole situation. Sincerely Gary Kerr Owner

07/02/2018

Robert F.

Took about a month after quote to get installed. Installation took about an hour. Beet competitors price significantly.

Description of Work
two new awnings

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

03/26/2018

Lorraine M.

From beginning to end, the experience was an enjoyable one. The salesman and installer were both punctual and professional; and woman I dealt with in the office was equally efficient.

Description of Work
Had an awning made and installed

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

08/23/2016

Sonika J.

The awning looks good once installed.

Description of Work
Puchased and install awning

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

07/16/2015

Jeff E.

I used the Awning Company for fixed window drop shades. From the initial quote, home consultation, to installation, they did a fantastic job and the shades look and operate great. My wife and I are glad we contacted them. Great job, would recommend others to give them a call. Thank you,

Description of Work
Install 3 window drop shades.

Category awnings,window treatments

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

10/13/2014

Karen B.

I visited the showroom in Irvine to see the various awning styles and quality. Nice showroom, helpful salespeople and nice variety of samples. They made an appointment for a salesman to visit our home to take measurements, etc. He was prompt, friendly and professional. Measured, made recommendations, answered my questions, great experience. He even ordered fabric samples on the spot and they arrived at my house about a week later. He explained the difference between the quality of Sunbrella fabrics available, including the thread/stitching, fade resistance, etc. The awning was custom made and when it was ready they called to schedule an installation visit. The installers arrived right on time and did a great job. The awning looks fantastic - all of our neighbors love it! Especially the one who lives across the street and gets to look at it all day :) I believe we received a discount for mentioning Angie's List. I believe the price was just slightly higher than others, but with the discount it all equaled out. Very pleased with the experience!

Description of Work
We bought an awning to go above our front door.

Work Completed On 09/19/2014

10/03/2014

Diane V.

Constant communication with the Awning Company owner was important to get everything corrected in a timely and acceptable manner. Ultimately we love the product and once it was installed correctly we would recommend it to everyone. The first installation was incomplete due to improper measurements of the size of the awning. Also on the first installation the retractable awning motor was installed on the side of the house in the wrong location so that when the awning was fully extended (approximately 10') it was only 5'5" above the ground. There was a lack of communication between the initial measurement taker and the actual installer. The installer failed to follow the measurements and directions of the measurement taker, causing the installer to have to come out TWO more times to re-install the entire system and finally get the awning placed in the correct position on the side of the house.

Description of Work
Installed a custom retractable awning.

Work Completed On 07/10/2014

07/27/2014

Sharon P.

I was told it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get the awnings. Only took three weeks. The installers were on time and installed the awnings without any problems.

Description of Work
Make and Install three awnings.

Work Completed On 06/23/2014

07/17/2014

Staci K.

For both the estimate and the installation, the Awning Company showed up early (which I appreciated). They explained how pricing worked which helped me compare them to other offers I had seen. I was told from the beginning that it would take approximately 6- 8 weeks and it did take about 8 weeks. I am very happy with the service and product I received. The awning looks great! I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installation of a large, fixed awning to cover two sliding glass doors on a balcony.

Work Completed On 07/14/2014

American Made, we manufacture, sell, install and service all of our Custom Made Retractable Patio Awnings, Stationary Awnings, Fixed Awnings, Retractable Sunscreens, Retractable Solar Screens, Retractable Drop Shades, Commercial Entrance Canopies, Cabanas and Fabric Recovers right here in Southern California.

Vinyl