Welcome Home Landscape & Lawn Care

California: Contractors
05/31/2023

29243 Whalebone Way

Hayward, CA 94544

Welcome Home Landscape & Lawn Care offers Design, Installation, and Maintenance services with over 30 years of experience. We are extremely knowledgeable in our industry and are very customer service oriented. Working with the top nursery’s in the Bay area, allows us to have the best plant selection available. We look forward to consulting with you on your projects now and in the future! ...

lawn & landscaping (30)irrigation system (10)lawn care (8)hardscaping (3)leaf removal (2)stone & gravel (1)lawn treatment (1)

11/02/2021

Twain P.

One word. Awesome!!. Ken was prompt and very friendly and got the work done quick and perfect

Description of Work
Backyard cleanup

Category landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Thank you for recognizing my professionalism and performance. I strive to provide quality results for all of our customers no matter how big or small the project, and we appreciate your kind words and that you are very satisfied with my work.

03/18/2021

Jess H.

Ken was very prompt coming out and giving us a quote when we inquired on Angie's list. Ken and team came out and removed the old lawn rototilled, and got our sprinklers working. He setup the sprinklers on a timer and everything looked beautiful. A couple days later we noticed a leak coming out from the ground near one of the risers. I called Ken and he came out the same day. He found the source of the leak and fixed it. This all happened on a weekend. We were impressed with his dedication to make sure we were satisfied. I recommend Ken to anyone needing landscape services at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Installed lawn, removed old grass, rototill, installed bark

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

Thank you for recognizing our professionalism and performance. We strive to provide quality results for all of our customers no matter how big or small the project, and we appreciate your kind words and that you are very satisfied with our work.

03/16/2021

Dawn S.

Fair. Last year I hired Kenneth based upon positive reviews on Angie's list & his availability & pricing. Initially, I was pleased with the work. However, I did not do a thorough inspection. If I had, I would have noticed areas in which he literally "cut corners" by not staking down the bender boards at all the corners of the sidewalk and driveway. Initially this shortcut was not problematic. However, over the past few months the boards came loose and began to create trip hazards. This loosening of the boards was not a result of normal wear and tear, since on the corners where the boards were staked down the boards remained in place. Instead what happened over the past few months was a result of inconsistent workmanship. If he had staked down the bender boards at EVERY corner, this loosening would not have occurred. When I contacted him today to show him pictures of this poor work and inquire about repair of this problem, he told me that I would have to pay him $125 per hour for the repairs....repairs that were due to his inconsistent work quality. No thank you. As my mother would say: "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you."

Description of Work
Removal & hauling of weeds & dirt; application of weedblock, bender board barriers and stones.

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Review for Welcome Home Landscape & Lawn Care - 29243 Whalebone Way, Hayward, CA - 39250624

Welcome Home Landscape does not cut corners or do work that is not at a high standard. Our performance with all of our customers is done with the highest of quality and attention-to-detail with all aspects of the project.

11/28/2020

KARI S.

If we could provide an A+ rating we would. Ken and Emily were extremely helpful in helping us figure out what we wanted. In our initial meeting, they listened to us rambling on about random things we liked. They tossed out a few ideas that really helped us formulate a plan. While they were working on the writtten estimate, they emailed us some pics of plants that fit the description of things that I liked visually - colors, textures, variation in heights as well as low maintenance. The crew was professional, they were here when they said they would be here, cleaned the site daily, and the project was on time and on budget. The bonus was getting to work with Ken and Emily - they made the project FUN! We've been putting this off for YEARS as we were intimidated and overwhelmed by the space and now, we're kicking ourselves that we waited so long. We've received many compliments from neighbors - not only about our yard, but how nice Ken and Emily were! We've done alot of work on our home and Ken and Emily are by far, the best partners we've worked with. If you need to re-do your yard, contact Ken and Emily, you won't be sorry!

Description of Work
Complete re-landscaping of front and side of a corner lot.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

It was a pleasure meeting and working with both of you on your project. We really enjoyed working on your project and we really enjoyed working with you creating and executing the desired plan. We want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to making your landscaping dream come true.

11/20/2020

J. Geoffrey C.

Ken and Emily to an excellent job. Very nice people, obviously dedicated to pleasing their customers. Very hands on. The design and execution were lovely. We couldn't be happier with the result.

Description of Work
Design and execution of new landscaping in front and back gardens

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

We really enjoyed working on your project. It was very challenging but we enjoyed completing the work. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and we are also happy with the results of our creativity and hard work.

09/21/2020

Marco D.

Great work. Very professional. Very easy to work with. Ken and Emily were a pleasure to work with. I would hire them again. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Landscaping and irrigation

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to provide outstanding service in meeting your landscaping needs. It was a pleasure meeting you and working with you and your tenants. If you need us in the future please give us a call and referrals are also welcome..

09/10/2020

Sue F.

Ken and Emily were responsive to our needs. They came quickly and were able to troubleshoot our problem. They also checked our entire sprinkling system and gave us recommendations for our yard. They cleaned the area that they worked in and made it good as new. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Considering changing our gardener to their service. AAA rating!!

Description of Work
Sprinkler head broke in the ground.

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

We want to thank you for the opportunity to provide you outstanding service. We believe our standard of service is important for each and every customer. Quality and professionalism is our standard of service and we enjoyed meeting you and listening to your landscaping concerns and if you need us again, please let us know.

06/05/2020

Roz C.

THEY ARE AMAZING!! I don't know if I got my point across, so let me try again... YOU MUST HIRE KEN AND EMILY RIGHT NOW!! I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I did know that I wanted a backyard that felt like a sanctuary. Ken and Emily came to my house, and immediately had a vision that was perfect. Within 4 days, they had created everything I was hoping for and more! I am so thrilled with the results that I wish I had more projects for them. Thank you Ken and Emily!! xoxo

Description of Work
I had an overgrown, total mess of a backyard

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Review for Welcome Home Landscape & Lawn Care - 29243 Whalebone Way, Hayward, CA - 38619746

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to showcase our artistic talent and landscaping abilities. We really enjoyed showing you our vision for your backyard but most of all, we want thank you for your graciousness every day with refreshments, meeting your family and great conversation. It was quite an experience that we will always treasure.

05/14/2020

BEVERLY H.

It was obvious where the leak was - it was big enough - though due to some crossed wires between the valves and control box, it wasn't clear which valve was the culprit. A little detective work and we had that sorted out. Ken then easily identified and fixed the problem. After the repair, Ken was kind enough to answer some questions about irrigation and care of my landscaping. I feel better equipped to take care of routine things myself and know who I can turn to if I need additional help.

Description of Work
Repair a leak in the irrigation.

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to provide you outstanding service and we are available if you more landscaping work.

11/03/2019

Margaret W.

Welcome Home Landscape did a fantastic job on our yard. Ken and Emily are a talented team and their hard work and creative ideas made such a wonderful improvement in both our front and back yards. We were so pleased, we have hired them to also do routine maintenance. I would highly recommend them for any landscape needs.

Description of Work
Pathway, New Plantings, and Maintenance Service

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,leaf removal

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to provide you outstanding service. We look forward to furthering our maintenance service and continued relationship.

Complete Landscaping installs, Monthly Lawn Care & Maintenance including shrub trimming, tree pruning including fruit trees and all types of roses, lawn dethatching, lawn aeration, proper fertilization for lawn, shrubs and trees. Weed abatement and installing pathways and more such as sprinkler system repair. We also do gardening work such as raised garden beds, cultivating soil, applying fertilizing, weeding and planting.