Ford's Plumbing and Heating

Founded 1963 • With Angi since July 2007

Ford’s Plumbing and Heating has been serving the West Los Angeles and South Bay area since 1963. We have been an Angies List SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER since 2011! Robert Ford is a third-generation plumber and our staff is top-notch. We can handle anything from a mystery leak or clogged toilet to a

2022 Super Service Award

4.4

plumbers (312)drain cleaning (76)water heaters (49)drain pipe installation (34)sewer cleaning (33)gas leak repair (33)HVAC Companies (14)excavating (9)small appliance repair (7)electrician (6)water damage restoration (5)home remodeling (4)

06/30/2022

Stan K.

We called Ford's Plumbing to replace a kitchen faucet and couldn't have had a better experience. From our call to their office to final installation they were professional, prompt, knowledgeable, happy to explain and and cleaned up before they left. We highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Install a new kitchen faucet

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We greatly appreciate it!

06/21/2022

Susanna R.

I was happy with the work and appreciated how personable and professional they were.

Description of Work
new hot water heater (but it was complicated!)

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, it means a lot to us.

04/11/2022

Cary G.

But I really only needed to remove a dead possum. There tech figured it out in a nanosecond. I trust these folks! It’s also great that they showed up in 15 minutes.

Description of Work
I thought I needed to replace my sewer line

Category electrician, plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for the review, we truly appreciate it. Please contact us if you have any questions! Thanks again.

03/03/2022

Marc Z.

I was very impressed by Reilly and Santiago from Ford's Plumbing. Another plumber (from a well-known company in LA) told me yesterday that I needed to replace my sewer line (at an extraordinarily high cost) as it was both leaking sewage and was very clogged. I decided to get a second opinion, and I couldn't be happier that I called Ford's Plumbing. Reilly and Santiago arrived right on time, Reilly crawled under my house, said it was "bone dry", and showed via a video camera how simply flushing our toilets cleared out what was in our sewer pipes (the other plumber did not have us do that). Reilly explained everything clearly and thoroughly, and he showed us certain work that he recommended be done in the next 12-18 months before it gets worse, and he encouraged us to research it online before deciding (we did, and we will get the work done). He saved us a lot of money, stress, and destruction in front of our home, and now I know that whenever I need plumbing work done in the future, I will call Ford's Plumbing.

Description of Work
Was told by another plumber that main sewer line to street needed to be replaced.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/02/2022

Thank you! We appreciate your business and your great review! Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call, we are here to help! Thank you again.

02/15/2022

Amy S.

Excellent work! Courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Install new tankless water heater; repair plumbing under the house

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

01/15/2022

Linda T.

Good. Line was checked and found multiple leaks. Presented with options to correct the problem

Description of Work
Residential gas line needed checking for leaks and debris.

Category electrician, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you! We appreciate your business and your great review! Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call. Thank you again!

11/30/2021

Cynthia F.

Reilly, Santiago, and Paul were prompt, professional, courteous and thorough. They reported on their progress and completed the work at a fair price. Santiago and Paul worked nonstop to insure that their work was completed one day, which meant that I could use my kitchen again. I would rehire them.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the very corroded old pipe under my kitchen and also to clean out the kitchen drain.

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Thank you very much for the review, truly appreciate it. Please contact us if you have any questions! Thanks again.

11/30/2021

Cynthia F.

They were prompt, neat, helpful and made the necessary repairs.

Description of Work
Repairs to toilet tank.

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

11/05/2021

Yukio T.

The service was done in 5mins, It went well and everything clean up it was excellent

Description of Work
He clean up the drainage in the bathroom

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

05/25/2021

Jim S.

Good work. Riley, Paul, Milton and Jorge.

Description of Work
Replace gas line

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

04/06/2021

Susan R.

They replaced the sewage pipes in my garage wall and fixed the running toilet. Problem solved! They were on time, very nice & easy to work with. Would highly recommend Ford's Plumbing!

Description of Work
Had a leak in my garage wall coming from an upstairs running toilet.

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

Thank you! We appreciate your business and your great review! Should have any questions please do not hesitate to call. Thank you again!

03/29/2021

Kolja E.

Moving into a new but rather badly maintained house we discovered serious problems with old, clogged and leaky waste water lines in the crawl space with no cleanouts available to get into them. The guys from Ford's plumbing replaced the lines and installed a new cleanout for future service for a fair price. The quality of their work was impeccable. Towards the end of that project we discovered a massive gas leak and asked them to tackle that job as well. This lead to the fixing of about a dozen additional minor leaks along the ageing lines as well as the re-routing of of some lines using nothing but existing parts to save on costs through what I can only describe as more artistry than craft. It was amazing to watch them put that complex piping back together. For any future plumbing needs these guys will certainly be at the top of our list.

Description of Work
Replace leaky waste water pipes and fix leaky gas pipes

Category plumbing, drain pipe, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

Review for Ford's Plumbing and Heating - 3741 Robertson Blvd, Culver City, CA - 39271176

Thank you for the review and choosing Fords for your project! We very much appreciate it. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions. We are here to help.

03/25/2021

Georgia R.

Amazing service! Called over the weekend, but it wasn't urgent. Received a call Monday morning and Riley came out that afternoon. He was able to quickly open up the pipes and clear the blockage. Made it so easy and was so nice. Would absolutely reach out in the future for any plumbing issues. Pricing is super competitive if not better than someone like Roto Rooter. All around great experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain cleaning

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/22/2021

01/22/2021

Deryck T.

The work was was done impeccably. Martin, Israel and Riley we the best contractors I've ever dealt with and as a former interior designer, I have worked many. For over a decade we had a foul odor emanating from our bathroom shower and we were told it was because we live so close to the Tar Pits. Thanks to Riley we learned that it was not the case, rather it was because of faulty plumbing. Martin and Isreal are masters at the trade and you would never know that they were there. Everything was completed exactly as promised and on time! Thanks Ford's Plumbing for the A1 service!

Description of Work
We had our pipes Replaced, Installed A Tank less Water Heater And Extensive Repairs To Overall Plumbing System.

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

Thank you for your business and your great review! We take our customer service very seriously. Should have any questions please do not hesitate to call. Thank you again!

12/18/2020

Joanne L.

I called Ford’s for some minor plumbing work. They had done a more significant job for me under the house about 5 years ago, it had gone fine and I had no reason to expect anything less than a good job from them. This full job, in my estimation (as the owner of multiple rental properties where I call in service professionals regularly) is an $800 job - at best. They were charging me $1500, then ‘discounting’ to $1300. Given that the job needed to be done during the absolute peak of COVID, I was looking to minimize the number and amount of people in my home. I agreed to go forward and assumed at that price that I’d get one very experienced plumber in here for the shortest period of time and get the job done quickly, expertly and out of my home as soon as possible. Pros: • They seem to be very concerned with customer reputation and do go beyond to ensure you’re satisfied. The motivation seems to be avoiding bad Angie List reviews but that’s fine as long as the end result is a positive one. • Good follow through: they call when they say they will and show up when they say they will. • They actually showed up a day earlier than expected due to a cancellation. • Plumbers wear masks and are respectful about safety. • The tasks are eventually accomplished. See details on the process below. Cons: • None of their plumbers are licensed (despite what their website says). The owner is licensed but the workers are not. To be fair, some do have significant experience. However, if you think you are getting a ‘master’ plumber at their price point, think again. • The angle stops and faucet were installed by two guys, a third guy worked on the other projects. So my hopes of minimizing people in my home during COVID did not materialize. • The faucet was installed, plumber left. I then discovered it was leaking under the sink. To their credit, they came back immediately. Apparently, the supply line to the new faucet was not holding tight so they put a plastic twist-tie around it to keep it tight. The supervisor came back, thought there might be a missing part so I went out to the store, bought another faucet and indeed there was a part missing that was then installed. I would have expected, at the price I was paying, for the initial plumber to know this, inform me and not simply fix it with a twist-tie which is what caused the leak. Even if it had held for a month or two, that’s not a long-term sustainable solution. We have now been living with the faucet for a day and it is fine. The other work also seems fine so they accomplished the tasks, which is a positive. If I’d employed a handyman to do this job at a third of this price point, I’d expect what I got, but had deliberately chosen not to go that route during the peak of COVID. Ford’s will get the job done, they will be concerned that you’re satisfied, but you will pay twice as much as you need to and, if my experience is any indication, you need to manage the job very closely to ensure it gets done to your satisfaction.

Description of Work
install new kitchen faucet, replace angle stops (on/off knobs) under kitchen sink, clear a slow drain in bathroom sink, replace the flushing handle on a toilet

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

12/04/2020

Karen N.

Excellent! Would highly recommend Ford's Plumbing! Extremely professional and gets the job done!

Description of Work
Leaking sick

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

11/15/2020

Jason L.

The plumber was quick, friendly, and professional. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
snake drain

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are always striving for excellence! Thank you again!!

11/08/2020

valentino F.

Great. Very fair and professional. I would hire again

Description of Work
Loose pipe and water pressure

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate your business. Thank you again!!

10/29/2020

Kimberly W.

All three jobs were handled professionally, reasonably priced, and I plan on calling them for any plumbing needs in the future as well.

Description of Work
We have hired them for three jobs. First, they replaced our entire sewage line. Second, they installed a garbage disposal. Third, they installed a kitchen faucet.

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/19/2020

ann S.

It was fine. Very pleasant. I was grateful and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Koehler one piece toilet needs new flapper. Bathroom sink leaking inside cabinet

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

09/25/2020

marilyn F.

Started at the quoted price but cost went up as problems arose. Were told the cost of new problems as they arose. Job was well done but at triple the original estimate.

Description of Work
Repipe old underground pipes

Category small appliance repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

07/05/2020

Darren M.

I had to have the main gas line replaced. Riley was the tech on site and who gave me the estimate. A bit of sticker shock. However, with the scope of the project, I realized the price was fair. The guys were here everyday on time, worked hard, took care not to mess the yard up beyond the 80 foot trench and when they were done and the inspector came, Paul came out to fill the trench back in. Paul was very professional and conscientious about making everything just as it was before. Everyone was nice. Elyse and Aracely in the office were very nice and made sure all my problems were followed up on and addressed. I would definitely recommend Ford's Plumbing to anyone in search of good service. For what it's worth, I found them on Angie's List where I also found a roofer who I'm equally pleased with.

Description of Work
Main gas line replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/13/2020