Approved Contractor Inc.

California: Contractors
09/30/2022

9015 Eton Ave

Canoga Park, CA 91304

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Call now for our Angie's List only offers. Everyone wants to improve the look of their home and its energy efficiency. While many California residents share these goals, they don't know where to begin to make these goals a reality. Are you looking for a window installation and exterior coating contractor company that is fair, honest and hard-working? What about technicians who are always on time, stand by their word, and have won the Super Service Award in all of these categories, Approved Contractor measures up. Whether you have a specific window in mind (we carry all lines of windows) or simply wish to cut down your energy bills, our window installment services are exceptional. Our texture coating services are sure to leave you loving the look of your house again, will keep the inside of your home cooler, and are able to withstand all kinds of elements. License #952272...

window replacement (348)house painting (129)stucco (91)siding companies (21)door installation (56)pressure washing (28)woodworking (26)roofing (19)general contractors (17)interior painting (4)insulation (3)egress window (3)

02/19/2021

Michelle B.

We were impressed with the quality of the workmanship, the Covid safety protocols, the communications with everyone involved with the project, and the best part was that they stayed within the schedule, even with rainy weather. We will call Approved Contractors with our next home improvement project.

Description of Work
We needed peeling paint removed and new stucco applied.

Category contractors,stucco,house painters

Work Completed On 01/13/2012

12/17/2020

Lois S.

I got 5 estimates and Approved Contractors was the only company that was certified by James Hardie to sell and install its Hardie Fiber Cement siding and trim. They removed my old wood siding, replaced the old insulation, put up a Hardie Wrap moisture barrier, and installed the new siding and trim (including around the windows). The siding I chose was wood-grain 7" Hardie Plank Horizontal style in Pearl Grey. The trim I chose was smooth white which is very crisp looking against the Pearl Grey siding. My house is approximately 2700 sq ft. They installed Color Plus Soffit James Hardie Fiber Cement siding on all eaves of the house. They also wrapped the existing facia. They wrapped the wood around the garage doors as well as the only 2 windows that had wood frames (neither window opens, just plain glass). I live very close to the foohthills in Glendora. During the Colby Fire I had some damage from embers on my canvas awning, patio chairs, patio cover, as well as on my synthetic turf. I have replaced the wood patio cover, and now every other wood surface on the house is covered with non-flamable material. The two sides and back of the house are stucco. Approved Contractors gave me a 4 year workmanship warranty. There is a 15 year Color Plus warranty from James Hardie, this includes fading. There is also a 30 year warranty on materials through James Hardie. I am able to recommend Approved Contractors without reservation. I have had a lot of work done over the 25 years I have owned my home, and Approved Contractors provided excellent work. They were easy to work with, very responsive, and didn't waste time. The office staff as well as the workmen were professional and couldn't have been nicer.

Description of Work
The wood siding on the front of my house was rotting. I also wanted the eaves boxed in to help prevent embers from a fire from getting in my attic.

Category insulation,siding

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

11/04/2020

kathrine B.

It was great! I replaced three of my windows and they are now my favorite in the whole house.

Description of Work
Window Replacements

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

10/31/2020

THOMAS B.

It went great. Jared is very informative and helpful. Offered advice in the areas I was unsure of. His guys showed up early each day, cleaned up at the end of each day and We're very happy. We are now having them re stucco and paint our exterior. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Window Replacement, Siding Installation

Category contractors,siding,replacement windows,stucco

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

10/26/2020

Odette V.

They did a wonderful Job! The siding on the house looks great! The staff at Approved were very responsive and their workers who installed the siding were courteous and respectful of our property. They worked hard & Finished the job ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Siding on the wood parts of our 1955 house

Category contractors,siding

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Review for Approved Contractor Inc. - 9015 Eton Ave, Canoga Park, CA - 38978677

10/21/2020

Chauncey T.

The work needed was to install 3 windows and 1 sliding door. The inspection process was smooth and the proposed price was very reasonable. Lalo and the installation team that came out was on time, professional and the work was flawless. Highly recommend their work.

Description of Work
Windows and sliding door installation

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/19/2020

Diane S.

Sales person was very nice and not at all high-pressure. The project went mostly well compared to other house upgrade & remodel projects I've had done. There were a few hiccups along the way, but those were quickly and easily remedied. The company's office manager, Kimberley, is outstanding--efficient, helpful, and really on top of things. Jared, the owner of the company, is very nice and responded to my questions and concerns very quickly. I asked them to pull the building permits from our city (which our city building dept. recommends) and that turned out to be quite expensive ($894), as they use a 3rd party service to pull permits for them, which I'd never seen done before. $300 of the total permit fees was the service fee from the 3rd party service. They also repaired termite damage in the wood framing that became obvious when the walls were opened up. The project went well once it got started, the workmanship was excellent from all the workers, and we are very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Exterior wood siding replacement with James Hardie siding and CoolLife texture coating of existing stucco

Category contractors,insulation,siding,house painters

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

Review for Approved Contractor Inc. - 9015 Eton Ave, Canoga Park, CA - 38969454

10/15/2020

Karen C.

Jared is amazing as well as his crew. Always always on time if not early. Cleanliness is 💯. Never left anything behind. Work is clean and my house looks brand new! Jared is a amazing to work with!!!!

Description of Work
New Windows and newSiding

Category siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

10/15/2020

Donna E.

Excellent work very conscientious workers and this was completed during COVID!!!

Description of Work
Complete Hardie Board siding on my home

Category siding

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Review for Approved Contractor Inc. - 9015 Eton Ave, Canoga Park, CA - 38950024

10/03/2020

Ralph G.

Windows were measured. I was informed windows were ordered. I was informed windows are ready and a date was made for installation. Installers arrived as scheduled. Installers did a good job of coving furniture. Old windows removed new windows installed Very clean job. Excellent installation and clean up. The whole family was happy with the new windows.

Description of Work
6 Windows and 1 patio slider installed.

Category contractors,replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Review for Approved Contractor Inc. - 9015 Eton Ave, Canoga Park, CA - 38921604

10/03/2020

Michele H.

Very fast and professional service. We have already requested more work to be done.

Description of Work
Texture coat painting of house exterior.

Category pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

08/04/2020

Lamont D.

The owner Jared came out measured and provided a quote. Later Lalo came to do the final measurements. Once the windows were ready a crew of two came and installed all windows within 2 days. Everyone involved was very professional. The installation crew were very fastidious. I would recommend Approved Contractor to anyone.

Description of Work
Install new windows

Category contractors,replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. You are a true gentleman and I really appreciate your business.

03/28/2020

Roxanne A.

Great company to work with! Windows look great! Everyone we had contact with was friendly and responsive. The workers were punctual and gave an accurate timeframe of when the job would be completed. They went above and beyond by returning a few weeks later to install a patio door that we had accidentally purchased in the wrong size. We have already recommended Approved Contractor to our parents for window replacement!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

02/14/2020

Jeffrey G.

Great! We had them sandblast our old stucco off and restucco the entire house. They did a great job! Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Stucco

Category stucco

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

02/06/2020

Jean-Luc N.

Great experience with Approved Contractors Inc. Jared, the boss, adjusted his crew's schedule to accommodate my schedule, despite passing successive rain storms. The crew showed up on schedule, on time, and performed their job efficiently and thoroughly. They were competent and pleasant to deal with. I am very happy with the result, as well as with the whole process, from my first meeting with Jared, to the completion of the task. I highly recommend Approved Contractors Inc.

Description of Work
The exterior of my house was pressure washed to loosen deteriorated stucco, the stucco was then repaired. The house exterior was then primer coated and texture coated.

Category stucco,house painters

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

02/05/2020

Paul I.

The project went very well. It got completed on schedule. They responded to our request for a timely completion. We had the windows replaced for noise issues and we went with their suggestion. The end results the project was completed with the utmost satisfaction.

Description of Work
WINDOWS

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

11/15/2019

Jeffrey G.

Went great. The quality of the work was exceptional!

Description of Work
We have a 50 year old house that still had the original stucco. It was very course and ugly looking. We had the old stucco sandblasted off and new stucco applied.

Category woodworking,stucco

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

01/22/2019

Dave and Melody W.

They are very professional, good company to work with, absolutely no arguments as far as the scope of the work. They do what they promise and replace any damaged or rotting wood on the house. Very good people to work with. They offer a lifetime guarantee on their work and provide extremely good quality on the physical labor and materials they use. I will recommend and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Texture Coating

Category stucco,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

10/17/2018

Carol D.

Excellent product, excellent pricing and excellent installation. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Entire town home window replacement

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

10/17/2018

Carol D.

From the initial meeting with Jared Green through the measurement process and installation with Lolo Castillo and team, the experience with Approved Contractors was excellent. The quality of the products ordered and installed and the attention to detail was flawless. Replacing original windows and sliding glass door from 1955 construction was no small task yet Approved Contractors arrived early, were meticulous in their installation and the work areas were impeccable when they completed their tasks. I could not have wished for a more friendly and respective group to work with and I have already referred Approved Contractors Inc to prospective clients. A job truly well done!

Description of Work
Replacement of all windows as well as sliding glass door in my townhome.

Category egress windows,glass repair,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

10/07/2018

Judi G.

The job was completed in a professional and timely way. They will be doing more work on my house next week.

Description of Work
Replace all windows

Category egress windows,replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/07/2018

09/29/2018

Carl K.

Approved Contractors did an amazing job on a large, complicated project on a big 2-story home. Work was finished on time, on budget with outstanding attention to detail. Could not be happier with ACI and Jared!

Description of Work
Remove and replace old wood siding with cement fiber board. Remove or repair stucco. Paint eaves. Install wall insulation and shear panels where needed.

Category contractors,insulation,siding,stucco,house painters