BG Construction & Remodeling Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2013

2609 Wyoming Ave #D

Burbank, CA 91505

At BG Construction it is our ultimate goal to exceed all expectations by providing excellent customer service and quality construction. We have been providing quality construction services and home remodels for over 15 years. We’ve been doing this long enough to know how far good service goes and

09/18/2018

Ben S.

I found BG Construction through a referral from Preferred Home Builders, and couldn't be happier that I did! We had a fast timeline to do a tile replacement in our second bathroom - Armen was our manager, and he was extremely responsive, and led a great team. We made several changes to the scope of our tile project as it was happening, and Armen and his crew were accommodating at every turn, and the result is now the most beautiful room in our house!

Description of Work
Porcelain Tile installation, Floor Repair, Base Board Staining/Installation, Interior Paint

Category concrete repair, home remodeling, interior painters

06/26/2018

Wayne L.

This is our 4th job with BG Construction. BG's owner, Joseph Giram, is hands on. He designed our new bathroom with great patience, meeting all our needs. While he has a full crew of professionals, he has supervised this job, as all our jobs, himself. On this remodel, which was very complex and involved moving a wall to enlarge the bathroom, and creating a "wet room", Joseph was on site every day. The crews--demo, framing, plumbing, electrical, cabnets, tile, and finishing, were uniformly professional and excellent. He's always available either when I call, or very soon after if I leave a voicemail. We had a number of changes we wanted on the way, and Joseph always accommodated us. Because of the changes, it took a bit longer to finish than we planned for--three weeks and three days instead of three weeks--but we've worked with other contractors that took weeks or months longer than estimated--not Joseph. BG Construction isn't cheap, but neither is it exhorbitant, particularly for what you get: full service, reliable, professional, quality work. We've always been thrilled with our beautiful new rooms, as we are with this new bathroom. You can't go wrong with this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

06/26/2018

david E.

BG has consistently met or exceeded expectations on the 3 projects we have used them for. Joseph is a hands on businessman that uses a team of highly skilled professionals in all aspects of the job. Project design, prep, timelines, quality of materials, services and supervision are all delivered as promised, and the end result has always been outstanding. Our high quality house only gets better each time we work with them, and Joseph's eye for optimizing the project for the best end result is why i do not price shop when i have a new project. BG's talented crew really makes a difference. Their skills in framing, stucco, paint, finish, tile, plumbing, and appliance installation results in a new home appearance that is exact and does not cut corners. While my 2 major construction projects were completed on time and on budget, a 3rd project whereby Joseph's team sealed a busted roof caused by a fallen tree during the floods in early 2017 saved my house from further significant damage. the BG team was on site within 2 hours of impact to take precautions against an impending storm. we subsequently repaired the damage, but the precautions they took to protect us were invaluable. i am happy to give in person comments if desired, Joseph can reach me if requested.

Description of Work
(1) Interior and bathrooms remodel, (2) new Outdoor Kitchen and patio, (3) Flood damage repair

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, insulation, lighting, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/25/2018

Stacy S.

Both projects were completed in a timely manner and beyond my expectations. Their work was beautiful and reasonably priced. Very clean and respectful of the property. Skilled tradespersons showed up every day until the projects were completed. I highly recommend this company and will continue to use them for future projects.

Description of Work
I have used BG construction for two projects. A master bath and closet remodel and a front entry way remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, home remodeling

11/15/2017

jeremy S.

First of all the end result is beautiful and our house has been completely transformed from an aged, used and tired design to an open, inviting and modern layout with improved natural light, better utilization of space and creation of additional areas such as the laundry room, pantry, and enlarged walk-in closets. This was achieved without increasing the square footage of the home, but rather with a more efficient use existing areas. Joseph Giram, the contractor, is imaginative, resourceful and responsive, and has a wonderful crew of people working for him. Joseph helped us with most of the redesign issues (he did use a draftsman for the early design phase prior to approval of the plans) and his suggestions were invariably very helpful and on point. Ours is an older home so we did experiences delays as walls were opened, but these were truly not under Joseph's control, but rather related to the age and underlying condition of the structure, as well as changes in building codes and regulations (since the house was originally constructed) as modifications were made. As mentioned his craftsmen are excellent and almost all the work besides the flooring, roofing, cabinetry and electrical were done by them. For these additional areas subcontractors were used. We have received, and continue to receive, many compliments about the new appearance of our home and love the finished product!

Description of Work
We performed a top to bottom remodel of our single family home including all bathrooms, kitchen, floors, roof as well as re-configuring the common areas, building a new laundry room, a new pantry, changing the exterior of the structure and much more! There is little we did not do...

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, excavators, insulation, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

10/19/2017

Avishay D.

I have been working with this company before so the super service i received was not a surprise to me. From the head honcho Joseph from whom I always have something to learn, to the rest of the team which is an amazing group of workers. We met at my back yard and went over the scope of what i would like to be done. Notes taken, materials ordered and 10 days later we started. I personally love remodeling and like being involved in the process and understand how things are made and so for me watching the "before" and the "during" was very enjoyable time, especially this time when the renovation process was on the exterior of the house where dust and dirt are a non issue. Ill go quickly through the regular check list: showing up on time in the morning, each of them knows what they are doing, Spanish music from the radio, guys are laughing and you can see that they are pleased of what they do and have pride of it. cleaning constantly thorough the day, phone call is coming in the afternoon to let us know what up the next day, progress is smooth, ill make the long story short , a great experience once again. No doubt in mind where ill be calling next time i need something done around my place.

Description of Work
Trex deck and upgrade of back yard

Category contractors, woodworking, home remodeling

10/13/2017

Jonathon M.

Would highly recommend these guys. They did great work in a timely fashion, and we couldn't be happier with the end result.

Description of Work
Full Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/09/2017

Sunil J.

BG Construction is a family business and I trust them to do the job correctly and with integrity because of my past experience with them. It felt like they were very caring to make sure that they had a satisfied customer. I interviewed seven different contractors (may be that was an over kill) when I did the addition to my home because I have never had any significant work done to my home before. Then I selected three and checked their references before I picked BG to do my work. I am a civil engineer and I tried to be as thorough as possible at this stage in picking the best person for the job. BG's was not the lowest bid, but they were reasonably close to several of the bids. They took care of all the city permits and building to the code. There had been couple of occasions when I had to add new items during the job that was not originally planned or in the estimate, Joseph made sure it was taken care of with reasonable cost to me. His workers respect the property and they did an excellent job when they were working at my home. They were very close to being on time finishing each of the jobs from the promised date and there were no delays during work (no wasted time). I was extremely happy with the quality of work BG did, and I would not look for a different contractor for any of my future work.

Description of Work
I have used BG Construction to do work on my home twice and now going to use for the third time to do a bathroom remodel. The first job was in 2010 to do a 670 sq ft addition to the back of my home with several other extras like, new roof and insulation for the whole house, pavers installed on my drive way, new sewer line from the road, and New AC/Heating system. Second job was in 2016 to remodel my garage that included removing the water heater and installing a tank-less water heater outside of the home.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water heater repair, replacement windows, fireplaces, home builders, skylights, woodworking, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, hardscaping, patios

10/02/2017

Fatin E.

Joseph really has eye for design and construction, in the beginning I had it all planed out in my mind but I was unsure of the real application. He helped me put on paper and very professionally told me has to be done to get the job done. There is no cutting corners with this guy, once he starts he has to have everything done to perfection. It was unreal from start to finish, the team cleaned after the job, and made sure that the back yard was spotless. I am really happy with the work Joesph, thank you very very much this is just a way of telling world of your great skills.

Description of Work
Joseph designed and built me an amazing outdoor covered bar, BBQ with granite countertop, and an amazing fireplace next to my pool.

Category countertops, decks, concrete driveways, electrician, excavators, masonry, remodeling, roofing, fireplaces, home remodeling, house painters, hardscaping, patios

06/28/2017

Linda R.

His work is absolutely outstanding. He is professional and very personable. His crew has always left the job sight spotless, they always arrived on time and often worked into the evening to finish a job right. We would not work with anyone else and would not hesitate to use him again. Our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Joseph did a remodel of our master bathroom, our daughter's bathroom and our closet.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

05/01/2017

Adam S.

BG Construction did a wonderful job. I was in a hurry so Joseph came over that afternoon to give me a quote. Not only was he able to give me a quote while he was there, we also agreed on the price and they started the next morning! Grant it, this wasn't a large project so I'm not sure all your project can start this quickly, but I was very impressed. His electrician finished in one day and the painter needed only two days and the project was done. Another employee came by the next day to pick up all the discarded product. The electrical and painting was professionally done and the workers were very conscious of and careful not to disrupt the inside of our home. I highly recommend BG Construction.

Description of Work
BG Construction removed Drop Ceiling in our Kitchen then cleaned up ceiling, painted and installed Recessed Lighting.

Category electrician, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

04/29/2017

Suzanne B.

Joseph and his brother, Johnny, have been terrific from our first meeting to completion of a complicated series of repairs on our home -- from redoing our roof, repairing water damaged wood around the house, to replacing greenhouse windows in our kitchen, broken tiles on our floor, rebuilding a back porch and stairs to our yard, and literally hundreds of requests we made of them. My husband and I can't sing enough of their praises. Each of their various crews -- roofers, carpenters, tile and stucco folks, painters, etc. were also terrific -- efficient, pleasant, tidying after they left and above all knowledgeable in their craft. They were extremely responsive to any questions, concerns we have and basically available 24/7. We are very happy with all of their work and extremely grateful to BG Construction.

Description of Work
Many needed repairs around the house: new roof, repairing water damaged wood around the house, replacing greenhouse windows in our kitchen, broken tiles on our floor, rebuilding a back porch and stairs to our yard, painting, etc., etc.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors, foundation repair, patios

04/12/2017

Ken D.

The guys with BG did a great job of sealing up the room, removing debris and then did a really nice install. We'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We wanted to install a slate tile in our bath and laundry. It was a slightly challenging job as previous owners had multiple layers of flooring that had to be removed and leveled prior to any new tile being laid.

12/25/2016

Wayne L.

We have an older home, and needed to redo one of our bathrooms that had old, galvanized pipe. We had slightly more than two weeks to do the job and Joseph promised it could be done if we ordered all the fixtures in advance, which we did. With Johnny cracking the whip, we came in just under the wire, including a two-day delay caused by the city of LA, which cancelled one of our inspections at the last minute. We're very pleased with the result. The old bathroom had lovely tile from the '30s, which unfortunately had to go as the demo took everything down to the studs. At Joseph's suggestion, we replaced the tile with travertine, which is georgeous. Wainscoting all around gave the right period look to match the rest of the house. Once again, BG did not disappoint. They are extremely professional and conscientious, and all the work first rate. (Thanks again Ricardo and George.) You will possibly find someone to do your remodeling job a bit cheaper, but you will never have to worry about shoddy work with this company. We asked for several extras along the way which were cheerfully provided at minimal cost (eg, the makeshift bookshelves in an adjacent closet came loose during the demo--Johnny replaced them with much higher quality work). Once again, thanks a million, Joseph.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of full bathroom.

12/15/2016

Jim V.

We were delighted with BG's workmen. Firstly, they did excellent work. Additionally, they were reliable, arrived on-schedule, were hard-working, pleasant, accommodating & helpful, and cleaned up after themselves each day before leaving. Our kitchen were completed on schedule per our contract. We are very happy with the finished product. We recommend these guys!

Description of Work
We completely redid our kitchen. This included plumbing, lighting, electrical, flooring, painting, venting, painting, and two partial wall removals.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plastering, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

08/31/2016

Paula N.

Just recently completed a total home renovation with Joseph Giram and his amazing crew! The house was 60 years old and NOTHING had been done. I had never done a project of this size and felt a bit overwhelmed at first. I was referred to Joseph by a dear friend, who had a gorgeous bathroom renovation completed by BG Construction. She shared that everyone in her neighborhood used Joseph and loved the finished project. I was so impressed with her bathroom project, I knew who to go to when I needed to start my renovation. The minute I met Joseph, I felt at ease. I felt so comfortable, I didn't even bother to get a second bid. I just knew he was the right guy for me. He is super easy to talk with, a great listener, and immediately knew how to plan my massive project without stressing me out. We all have heard horror stories of friends who used contractors that ripped them off, took forever to complete a job, and had lousy communication. That was NOT my experience with BG Construction! Joseph put together a fair bid, and finished our job in 6 months. Everyone told us it would take a year, but Joseph finished the project in record time. I couldn't believe it. Joseph has the most amazing group of employees. Most have been with him for 20 plus years and it shows. They know their stuff, were incredibly reliable, worked long days, and were all so friendly and helpful. We had such a good experience, we added additional projects along the way. Our work included a complete design overhaul of the interior, raising ceilings, and removing 60 years worth of flooring, and pretty much everything else except the exterior walls. An overhaul of the sewer system in the house, new electrical, HVAC, all new bathrooms, kitchen, exterior redesign, you name it, we did it. The end result is gorgeous! Joseph has impeccable taste, and I am very picky. I learned I could trust his opinion on all design matters, and often asked his advice and took it. He was spot on every time. The best part of working with Joseph was his caring approach, and responsiveness. He seemed to treat the project as if it was his own. He calls you back immediately, he responds to texts immediately. I never felt for one minute that I would ever have a problem reaching him. Even during off hours. The guy is always available. He was very sensitive to price issues too which I really appreciated. Can't recommend BG Construction enough. I am actually so thrilled, I am looking for ways I can continue to work with Joseph on other projects. What a gem! You won't be sorry.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of 60 year old home.

08/29/2016

Rocky D.

My experience with BG Construction was amazing. The team was smart and always provided me with excellent solutions. They were punctual and they didn't mind my daily visits for the length of the project, which took only about 6 months. I had so many questions and they helped me understand the process every step of the way. I've heard a lot of horror stories from other friends about contractors they have hired so I was cautious when looking for mine. I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with BG as they made the whole process that much easier. It was my first full home remodel and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Full home remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, insulation, lighting, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, garage builders, home builders, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/04/2016

Denise M.

I LOVE Joseph, Johnny and their crew! I interviewed 7 different contractors before hiring this company. The were not the highest or lowest, but right in the middle, which is what I was looking for. I had someone quote $25K more for this job...crazy!!! I also had a designer told me that she doesn't "touch a kitchen remodel under $60K!!! From the start of the bid process, Joseph was incredibly professional and helpful. I liked him instantly. I thought the price was very fair considering I wanted some high end finishes. I was very specific on what I wanted, so we were able to save cost on not hiring a designer and the BG provided the layout and renderings. Once construction began, Johnny oversaw the job and he is AMAZING!!! He checked in with me nightly and responded quickly when I reached out. His crew was super professional and clean. They were, by far, the most professional crew I have ever worked with! As with any remodel, there are issues that come up, and Joseph was always there for me to fix things. He was patient...even when I freaked out (as a lot of homeowners do during remodeling), which is amazing. The finished product is absolutely beautiful!!! Everyone who sees it is blown away, especially those who saw the "before." I would highly recommend Joseph and his team for your remodel and will definitely utilize them for future projects. THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodeling including replacing two windows and removing half a wall for an open concept

Category remodeling, replacement windows

04/13/2016

Rand M.

A superb company and a first-rate result We recently completed a major addition with BG Construction in West Los Angeles and are totally happy with it. The addition entailed a 1600 square foot increase in our house, redoing the entire exterior by replacing old shingles with new siding, replacing our entire roofing, new electrical wiring and exterior patios and walkways. Needless to say this was a huge job. We were introduced to Joseph of BG Construction by some close friends who are very picky. But they spoke very highly of him, his entire team, and the superb results. So we met Joseph and were impressed. He is an intelligent, warm, fair, knowledgeable professional. We worked through our project and he gave us a very detailed bid. He even promised to get the job done “on time” and “on the agreed upon budget”. And that is exactly what he did! For nearly five months his team worked on our job. Without fail they were timely, courteous, polite, honest, and fun. Oh, we should also say, terrific experienced professionals. No issue came up that we couldn’t solve with them. It is a major disruption to do extensive work on your house. We lived through it, staying in our house the entire time. (We recommend staying in your home or building if possible. There are countless small decisions to be made daily and being there is critical). Having the nice guys from BG Construction made the disruption easily manageable. Bottom line, lots of people can build. Not all of them are good (We have had two prior additions with not so great results) and fewer still are consummate professionals who you want to have around. BG Construction is that rare blend of superior work and warm personalities. We look forward to working with them in the future. You should too. Highest Rating

Description of Work
Tore down and replaced our master bedroom and bath, added a new bathroom, added a new roof, rewired the entire house, replaced the entire exterior shingles with new siding, refinished and upgraded the hardwood floors, added exterior walkways, fences, patio, upgraded the HVAC.

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

02/27/2016

Wayne L.

This is the third project I've completed with BG--they also did a closet/bathroom conversion and a kitchen remodel on our house. For years, we had a poorly constructed (one-inch thick flagstone) walkway in our front yard. We decided to replace it with two-inch thick stone of a more attractive color. Joseph worked with us to choose a better stone (Arizona Chocolate) at a good price. The stone mason laid down stepping stones from our curb to connect with a new path from our driveway to the front patio. It's not as simple as it sounds if you want to do the job right. Apart from excavating to the depth and shape of the stones, it was necessary to trench the path and install a French drain underneath so it wouldn't get waterlogged. Each stone was shaped individually and fitted with the others. To further protect the work, the stones nearest the driveway had concrete poured underneath. The others had dirt and seed placed between the stones, to create a grassy accent. The result is beautiful--it makes me smile now whenever I walk up to our house. BG did it's usual quick, reliable, and expert work, on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Stepping stone path and walkway..

Category hardscaping

02/26/2016

Wayne L.

After BG did an excellent closet-to-half-bathroom conversion (reviewed previously, I hired them to remodel our 90-year-old kitchen. To cut to the chase, they took our creaky, barely functional kitchen and turned it into a modern yet vintage-looking wonder, worthy of any design magazine. They did it on time and on budget. We couldn?t be more pleased with the result, which fully realized Eli's design. Not that there weren?t hiccups along the way?the extent to which our galvanized plumbing needed to be replaced with copper exceeded expectation; finding the right above-range microwave oven proved a trial; and there were some days of waiting when not much seemed to happen. In retrospect, these sorts of problems are inevitable with any large remodeling project?kitchen re-dos are not for the faint of heart. But BG?s proprietor, Joseph, was always a phone call away, and came whenver needed. His right hand man, Johnny, was on-site in the mornings. The crews were professional and efficient. Sometimes?okay, often?we asked for extras?such as when we couldn?t figure out how to put together the vintage stool we had ordered?and these were cheerfully and expertly provided. (Thanks for that stool, and everything else, Ricardo!) There was George, who painted the laundry room twice (we decided against the first color we chose?oops!) and did it beautifully both times. (No extra charge, incidentally.) And of course Joseph, who lent me his time and expertise to advise me on other projects in which he had no financial stake (such as our backyard wall?to be built by our neighbor?s contractor). When the job was nearly complete, a friend of mine, who is a master woodworker, happened by and wandered through the kitchen. ?These cabinets are really well-made,? he said, ?Terrific job.? Before we started, I said to Joseph, ?Will it take two months?? He laughed and said, ?One.? He was exactly right. I thought we would like our new kitchen. I was wrong. We love it. Thanks, BG.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

01/26/2016

DEBORAH G.

This was a total demolition of existing bathroom. Framing was new pony wall along with custom soap trays. Recessed lighting and fan were added. They tiled in shower, around tub enclosure and on a 3rd wall. Coordinating new tile was installed on shower floor and on bathroom floor. Tile guy did phenomenal work. Glass shower installed. Final touch was prep, prime and painting of complete new bathroom. From start to completion, we were always advised as to the job status and next steps to be taken. Since this was our only bathroom, they worked very closely with us to ensure we had only the least necessary amount of time without it which we truly appreciated. Eli ran the whole project from start to finish, and he was invaluable, providing his expertise in every area.......design, materials, troubleshooting any issue. He and his crew did exceptional work. This was our first remodel project and this experience was without any down side. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/11/2016

Wayne L.

We had a small closet in our downstairs hall which we wanted to turn into a half bathroom. We found BG Construction on Angie?s list. I liked what people said and called for an estimate. Joseph (Giram) scheduled an appointment the next day. He came to the house and gave us what proved to be an accurate idea of what was involved?such a small job seemed simple, but actually involved more complicated problems including properly venting the sink and the entire room. Joseph gave us an estimate?$9800. We liked Joseph?s friendliness, forthrightness and obvious expertise?he has a background in engineering and really understands construction. We also discussed a proposed kitchen remodel to be done later?Joseph spent a lot of time with us on that, giving us his take on our various plans. He really wanted us to understand the construction implications of our choices. We asked one other contractor to bid on the project?he took a long time to get back to us, finally came over to look, and then never got back to us. We hired BG. Joseph estimated one week for the bathroom project. That?s exactly how long it took. The venting problems were more complex then he?d supposed. The venting job required BG to open a wall in the hall upstairs above the bathroom?something we?d not anticipated. Despite this, the cost of the job remained the same. Joseph?s brother Johnny visited the project every day to check in with us on progress. The team of plumbers, electricians, painters, carpenters, etc., were all very professional, competant, and considerate. We felt in good hands. Joseph was always a phone call away. When it came time to repair the upstairs wall I was worried, as our house is lath and plaster and the walls have a unique texture. Even though the repair used dry wall, the result exactly duplicated the look of the other walls. When it was finished you couldn?t tell anything had been done. The bathroom itself is beautiful, exactly what I?d hoped for. In sum, BG was professional, communicative, on time and on budget, and the quality of the work was top notch. I felt they really cared about getting the job done right. They cleaned up every night and never left scraps in the yard. The area they worked in was sealed off with plastic sheeting to protect the rest of the house from dust and debris. We?ve decided to use BG for the kitchen remodel, which is starting soon. Eli Kaspi, Joseph?s kitchen guy, is the point man for the project. He?s been here many times for planning. I?ll post another review when the kitchen project is done.

Description of Work
Closet to half bathroom conversion.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

12/30/2015

Vilma D.

B & G Tile and Construction recently completed a garage addition at my home in the Windsor Hills area of Los Angeles. My husband and I were referred to B & G by another contractor who previously provided a bid on the Project using our plan set developed by an architect we hired prior to the bid process and got approved by L.A. City Bldg. & Safety plan check. Little did we know that the drawing set contained omissions which B & G identified prior to demolition and called to our attention. B & G also anticipated the Bldg. inspector would require the extension of a retaining wall which was not correctly defined in the 'approved' plan. This raised the cost of the bid for the project which is never good news; however, it was identified early in the process and the contract was revised to include the additional work prior to demolition. My husband and I received a number of bids for the project from other Contractors which ranged significantly less as well as more. However, we determined that the contractors either did not catch the architect's errors and underbid or did identify the error and purposely unberbidded while expecting to obtain change orders mid-project to cover any unexpected conditions. I'm glad we engaged B & G Tile to complete the project; Joe Giram, was always available by phone and text when we had questions or required updates on progress. If we had it to do over again, we would not have hired the architect to develop a plan set without an experienced contractor/Project Manager reviewing the plan in relation to existing conditions and identifying discrepancies prior to beginning the bid process. Just because you have what you think is an 'approved' plan set from Los Angeles Bldg. & Safety, you are still at the mercy of the assigned Bldg. Inspector who can require changes in the field once construction begins. B& G was up to the task of dealing with our architect's errors as well as the assigned Bldg. and Safety Inspector's demands and we would recommend them, particularly for additions to existing property with difficult conditions.

Description of Work
Expanded a 1-car garage to a 2-car garage and created retaining walls required by L.A. Bldg and Safety due to existing conditions on the property (slope/hill).

Category ceramic tile, excavators, masonry, remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling, mudjacking

09/07/2015

Eli K.

I had 4 estimates and when i interviewed BG Tile & Construction i knew that they were different from the rest of the contractors that came over my house. They answered all my concerns and questions and made myself feel very comfortable with making a decision. They were very detailed with there proposal and explained day by day what will be done to my house. They were always on time and there workers were very respectful to my house and my personal belongings. From the start of job to completion i have nothing but wonderful things to say about BG Tile & Construction. They turned our house into a dream home for me and my family..

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen and Bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling