Floor Pros

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2010

Floor Pros was established in 1980 as a family owned business to provide the San Francisco Bay Area with quality hardwood flooring installation, sanding, and refinishing services for both commercial and residential homes and businesses. We are committed to providing our customers in San Francisco,

Sanding and RefinishingRestorationCabinet Refinishing

hardwood floors (38)flooring (25)epoxy flooring (1)

07/15/2022

Ned D.

The image says it all. Imagine 1200 sq’ of this… The workers were inexperienced and it showed. They sanded the floors but did not countersink/fill the exposed nails (strike 1). Then they used water-based finish (strike 2) that caused all the exposed nails to rust. I had even asked if oil-based finish was a better idea prior to the work starting. The sales person Mark showed no culpability and acted like it “just happens sometimes” (strike 3). He wanted us to wait over a month for a competent crew to come back to fix it (strike 4). We held back the second payment and instead hired someone else to redo the job correctly. You’ve been warned.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish top nail HW floors

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

Review for Floor Pros - 50 Cypress Ln, BRISBANE, CA - 39800248

01/12/2021

Jenny T.

They were punctual, and the floor refinishing went without a hitch. The floor now looks better than it did when it was first put in. The results were more than satisfactory. We were very happy about the whole experience. We are going to begin the floor replacement job soon. Will be glad to recommend them anytime.

Description of Work
Floor refinishing and floor replacement

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

10/25/2020

Walter M.

They did an excellent job the floors look fabulous. The kitchen floor,a 90 year old oak floor with years of water staining looks new. Very responsive on the phone. Pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors three rooms

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

08/13/2019

lana B.

Floor Pros and their crew did an amazing job from start to finish. I couldn't be happier with the results and the process. They walked me through the whole process and went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. I would %100 recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New Floors

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

07/25/2019

Adem H.

They were excellent and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They refinished some hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

09/18/2018

Christine T.

Floor Pros did impressive work on a very challenging job for us. The job entailed refinishing our 100-year old living room, dining room and entry floors, replacing our upstairs hall floor which had been badly damaged during a remodel and refinishing our mahogany stairs and adding new risers to cover the gaps between the old risers and the treds. Mark Velez of Floor Pros really stood out from the other floor companies by being responsive to the unique issues of our floors and willing to problem-solve to find the best solution. The results exceeded our hopes, thanks to his skilled crew. The new hall floor was beautifully laid, with a border to match the existing floor. With Mark’s input, we decided to use a clear finish on the steps to help the mahogany (which tends to stain red) blend better with the lightly stained (pecan color) oak floors. Mark recommended heartwood white oak for the new risers, also with a clear finish, and the result was a perfect blend of the different woods. The new treds were installed with such precision that they virtually eliminated the chorus of squeaks we had been living with. We opted to have 2 coats of the Bona Commercial High Traffic finish and have been very pleased with it. Mark and his crew get top marks for customer communication, problem-solving and performance. We would certainly use Floor Pros again and would recommend them.

Description of Work
Floor and Stair refinishing/replacement

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

06/05/2018

Nancy R.

This company is superior to any company that I have done business with in decades. Highly professional from beginning to end. Every individual from the gentleman that gave me the bid, to the gentlemen that did the physical work and the gentleman that is the owner. He came to my home on the day of staining to ensure all was going well. My floors (cherry) are so exquisite I cannot believe they are truly mine. THANK YOU PRO FLOORS for a job more than well done.

Description of Work
I needed to have my existing hardwood floors sanded and refinished.

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

03/15/2018

Suzanne M.

Mark from Floor Pros arrived exactly on time to size the work and provide a quote. We agreed on the price and the start date - and afterward, I mentioned the Angie's List coupon for 10% off, which he immediately applied to the quote he had given us. The work began on time but was not completed on the timeframe originally estimated and then was not completed to our satisfaction. We had many "little" problems, all of which added up to being less than happy with the "final." result. That said, Mark was extremely responsive and sent out Tyler a couple of time to take care of issues. Each time, Tyler was polite, listened carefully to our concerns, made sure that the work he did met with our approval, and worked diligently to address each problem and concern. I don't think we were difficult clients, but I do think that that our maple floors required much more careful work than originally envisioned. Right now, we are very pleased with the (now) final results and particularly grateful to Mark and Tyler for the completely professional way they responded. We would recommend Floor Pros and would use them again.

Description of Work
Our 20 year old maple floors needed repair and refinishing

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

08/24/2017

Marcela G.

The price had to be expensive than the normal one. It was expensive.

Description of Work
They installed all hardwood floors in my place.

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

05/24/2017

Carrie B.

Mark was very responsive and empathetic, and he went out of his way to help us get the floor back in shape quickly. It looks great now. You can hardly tell it was damaged.

Description of Work
We needed repairs made to our 100+ year old hardwood floor.

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

11/02/2016

Kurt C.

I can't recommend this company any higher! Professional, responsive, and a great value. the work looks spectacular and they have superior customer service.

Description of Work
Garage floor paint removal and floor epoxy applied to floor and steps in a two car garage.

Category hardwood floor, epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 10/19/2016

10/06/2016

Lily T.

Surprisingly well-done according to how difficult the job may be from other companies. The refinished Brazilian teak engineered hardwood floor turned out absolutely awesome. Jason, the owner, provided excellent service every step of the way from explaining the nature of Brazilian teak and the entire refinishing process, helping with the selection, coordinating with his insurance broker for COI, scheduling his crew for punctual arrival, and perfecting any area requested. One of the best customer services we've experience!.

Description of Work
Refinished the entire hallway, living room, dining room, kitchen, & office engineered hardwood floor-re-surfaced, re-stained, and re-sealed.

Work Completed On 03/10/2016

10/06/2016

Lily T.

Excellent-this is the second time we used Floor Pro. As usual, the price is good, the work is excellent, and the service from the owner (James) is super. Will use again.

Description of Work
Re-finish and re-stain Brazilian hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/08/2016

10/05/2016

Sandy T.

I would highly recommend Floor Pros! They are professional and the work they do is always meticulously done and on point.

Description of Work
- Sand and finish existing 3/4 x 2 1/4 white oak flooring with application of a 3 stage polyurethane finish - Refaced riser - Sand and finish existing stair treads - Stain floor - Sand, finish and stain hand rail + installation

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

07/31/2014

Stephanie K.

We ultimately did not go with Floor Pros because of price reasons, but Darren was the most professional person we interacted with among all the providers. He was extremely patient, meeting us to give a consult, then meeting us again to see the floor. He was timely and a great person. Even when we told him we were going with another provider, he was gracious about it. Even though we didn't work with Darren this time, we absolutely would consider them again in the future.

Description of Work
Give a quote for engineering flooring instlation

Work Completed On 07/21/2014

04/21/2014

Ian M.

Great! They came in and they are really punctual and good price and like a discount because I found them through Angie’s List. They did a very high quality work. They are very quick, they clean and they were very fair price. This is maybe 4 to 5 months ago. Price is very competitive.

Description of Work
Floor Pros refinished and retained my hardwood flooring.

Work Completed On 12/11/2013

02/27/2014

Lily T.

Great job at a fair price. Jason was prompt at providing a quote. The crew covered up counters and cabinets and used a sander that minimized the sawdust. They helped us in picking the stain color. The floors look great and are wearing well.

Description of Work
sanded and refinished wood floors

Work Completed On 02/28/2013

12/08/2013

Monica K.

I cannot recommend these guys enough. I told them my timeline (one week before a move!) and they accommodated and sent a crew 2 days after our consultation. The existing floor had scratches everywhere and several divets. After the work, it was flawless, as if it were a new floor. I was really amazed at the results. There was one area that I wasn't completely satisfied with after the initial work and Floor Pros came out immediately and fixed the problem. I have never had such great service from a company. These guys know what they're doing and they provide great service. What a concept!

Description of Work
The guys sanded the existing bamboo floors and resealed and repolished. The floor had several scratches and divets throughout.

Work Completed On 11/18/2013

10/25/2013

Thomas A.

Floor Pros did a quality job installing hard wood flooring on the upper landing of stairs leading down to a second level. They expertly matched the 1929 original flooring of the house. There was a little confusion on the quote, but everything was worked out to the agreement of both parties.

Description of Work
Floor Pros installed a small section of oak flooring on the landing of stairs going down to the lower level of my home.

Work Completed On 01/18/2013

10/15/2013

Loretta C.

Jason is absolutely fantastic. He came and measured and provided excellent tips. Then I met him in his office/retail to select samples because i wanted to see where the office is located, etc. He helped me to find great quality laminated wood and underlayment that meet both my HOA requirement and within budget. The demolition crew is very good. the marble floor turned out to be a difficult tasks because tiles were glued down to cement. the crew was thorough and worked hard. the only suggestion i would give is prep work (cover kitchen cabinet and appliances) of using plastic covering should be done first and thorough once they determined that jackhammering would be required to remove those tiles. the removal turned out to be a bigger job and dust went everywhere, into cabinets and all the hard to clean areas of appliances and those appliances were brand new. The installation crew is equally good. excellent finishing. I am a very tough client, hold a very high standard. Danny the project supervisor was quick to address my issues. In sum, all of them truly met all my expectation and quickly. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
removed marble tiles and installed laminated wood floor in about 500-600 SQFT area that includes kitchen

Cost $4,297.5

Work Completed On 09/09/2013

09/05/2013

Carol S.

Floor Pros did a mediocre job in finishing my floors, and then blew the whole thing by failing to properly advise and instruct. Here are the details: Jason, the owner or manager, came out to look at the rooms, and gave the estimate. He never returned to oversee or check on the two workers who did the refinishing. These workers were hardworking, but sacrificed some skill for speed. Shortly after the work was done, I saw that they had fallen short of finishing the floors up to the baseboards, had stained the baseboard with the floor stain, and had left the hallway floor badly streaked. They returned and corrected the floor work; I took responsibility for repainting the baseboards. My small bungalow dining room has a skylight and a 9x6 area rug in it, which the workers removed and immediately replaced when the work was done. Recently, only a few months after completion of the work, I removed the rug and was shocked to see that the color of the floor underneath was a markedly darker color than the rest of the floor. The dark imprint of the rug dominates the entire floor, and is very unsightly. At my request, Jason returned to my home to observe what had happened. He looked around and said that since I had sunlight coming in through a skylight, and a rug covering part of the floor, this ?was bound to happen?. He said I should have chosen a light color stain, like the one I had before, instead of the chestnut color I selected, which gets bleached by sunlight. I asked why, since he had seen the room beforehand and knew the risks the skylight and rug presented, he had not advised re the importance of using a light stain. He said ? ?that?s not my responsibility.? He refused to perform any corrective work. I subsequently learned that when a stain is vulnerable to being bleached by sunlight in the room, a rug should not be put down on the floor for the first three to six months. The ugly outcome I?m left with could have been avoided if I had been advised about the stain and the importance of not covering the floor for a period of time.. That Jason insists that was not within the scope of Floor Pros? responsibilities speaks poorly of the attitude of this company toward its customers.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished floors in the dining room and living room of my small bungalow, along with a small hallway outside the dining room.

Work Completed On 08/01/2013

08/14/2013

alan B.

A couple hours late one day, but were mostly on time. Had them redo the finish coat, some confusion about satin and gloss, but no problem they made it look how I wanted it. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Refinish about 1100 to 1200 sq ft of hardwood floor and repair about 50 sq ft.