Carol Flynn Heating & Cooling

Founded 1954 • With Angi since May 2005

200 Valley Dr Suite 50

BRISBANE, CA 94005

Carol Flynn Heating & Cooling - Address: 200 Valley Drive, Suite 50, Brisbane, CA 94005 Tel# (650) 697-1535 High quality heating and air conditioning products, superior service and low pricing, has made us a Bay Area HVAC favorite for over 57 years. Today there are over 40,000 heating and cooling products in the marketplace. We have repaired installed, & maintained tens of thousands of them. Our knowledge, expertise, experience & know-how will benefit you greatly. Dba Carol J. Flynn, Inc...

02/18/2020

Chuck H.

Installers arrived right on time. Installation went very well, and quickly. They answered all our questions. Gave instruction on how the new furnace and thermostat works. They (2 installers) tested the new furnace, removed all the old equipment, and cleaned up after themselves. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replace furnace

08/27/2019

Joan S.

Fantastic! So professional and SO kind! Could not have asked for more.

Description of Work
New air conditioner

03/11/2019

Robert E.

From getting an estimate to finishing the job, dealing with Carol Flynn Heating and Cooling was a joy. Everyone I had contact with was courteous and knowledgeable. Ricky, who did the estimate, was punctual within a small time window. The job was easy to schedule and Marco, Nick & Eddy who did the work showed up on time, were courteous and kept us informed about what to expect. The work was done quickly and quietly and finished ahead of the predicted time. Everything is working perfectly. Carol Flynn replaced our furnace a little over a year ago and we had the same great experience with their staff at that time.

Description of Work
Replace all the old broken heating ducts.

12/05/2018

Peter P.

Carol Flynn Company did outstanding work on a complex and demanding installation of a heating/cooling system for our house and we are thoroughly satisfied with every aspect of our experience. Our two story house was built for central heating but not cooling. I requested a new two-zone heating and cooling system. Juan did the initial assessment and got it right from the very start. Significant ingenuity was required to create a new duct system that worked within the geometry of the house and to fit the heating unit within limited space. The work took a week (exactly as promised) and requiring a lot of special fitting. Marco and his team did a superb job. We were extremely impressed by their skill and professionalism and the resulting system is exactly what we wanted. We can control the cooling and heating in our house (now tested in summer and winter) to a degree that we had frankly thought was impossible for such a retrofit. It was an excellent experience and we are grateful to Carol Flynn to giving us a great solution to our heating and cooling.

Description of Work
Removal of old furnace, air conditioner and ductwork and replace with a new furnace, air conditioner and ductwork. A complete rebuild of the house heating and cooling system

09/25/2017

Edith A.

I've worked with them for years. I only work with nice people.

Description of Work
It was maintenance. I have it done every other year. They clean the pilot and the burners. They check everything and make sure everything is running and we don't have any problems..

09/04/2017

Bach-Nga S.

Heater/air conditional was leaking water into the collection tray in my attic. It got fixed.

Description of Work
I took several times to previously to get the right technician in, but once he came, he did a great job.

08/25/2017

Bach-Nga S.

Lois was able to diagnose what caused the A/C in my atticto overflow & leak into my ceiling. He was quiet & efficient & very professional.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the main drain line & secondary added. This saved my ceiling from leaking water from A/C was overflowing the pan.

07/20/2017

Ann G.

The service went well. Carol Flynn installed my Carrier HVAC back in 2008. They have been out several times over the years. The same person (Luis) that did the original installation, made the service call. Luis was professional, took his time, walk me thru what he was doing. Carol Flynn is very fortunate to have Luis.

Description of Work
AC wasn't working

07/15/2014

Steve M.

Carol Flynn is unreliable and unprofessional. Carol Flynn made an appointment to come to my house for an estimate at noon on Monday, but did not show up and did not call. After waiting 20 minutes, I called the provider, who did not have an excuse nor any understanding of where their estimator was. 40 minutes later, the provider finally called. claiming that they didn't have a record of my appointment and would try to have the estimator to my house later that day or the next day. I found another provider.

Description of Work
Provider was supposed to repair a sheet metal dryer vent.

06/30/2014

Riko H.

Winters were cold and summers were hot in this house. Furnace was on it's last leg as were the AC units. Juan came out to investigate what the problem was. He was honest and straight forward. He gave us options and solutions. We were very happy with the way he explained the procedure and the amount of time needed for the entire updating construction. The construction went extremely smoothly. Everything (units, furnace, parts, etc.) was ready on the day the construction started. Juan's crew are punctual, courteous, professional and very quiet. They are very focused on their work; no music, no chatting. We do not know when they took break for lunch! We had construction done in two phases (phase one: 4 days phase two: 3 days) The crew will come in and set up protective covers over the floor every day during the construction and they will clean up the work area and the covers after the day's work is done. They were very disciplined! Juan will come by everyday to check on the work and also update us regarding the process and what to expect in the following days. We very much appreciated his thoughtfulness in keeping us posted every day. After the installation was completed, Luis explained thoroughly how to operate the control units. He also offered to come back to give us tutorials any time we were unsure how to operate it. They also have a maintenance program which we signed up for. That way, our air ducts will always be cleaned after a few years and will be kept clean. It was such a pleasure working with them. Constructions of this scale are usually very stressful but not this one. I would recommend them to my family and friends in a heartbeat. In the big picture of things, the prices are not steep; we wanted quality work and first class workmanship, and we got it with Juan and his crew.

Description of Work
We updated heating/AC for the entire house (approx. 4000 sq ft) including new air ducts and controls. For air ducts that did not need replacement, we had complete air duct cleaning. Also, exhaust fan for one of the bathrooms was replaced with a larger capacity one.

03/15/2014

David K.

They quoted me a price substantially cheaper than the company that had installed the furnace originally. That company tried to sell me a new furnace. In comparison, Carol Flynn just gave me a price for the replacement motor, got the motor much more quickly than the other company, and came promptly to install it. Luis was on-time. Initially the noise that originally suggested a new motor was needed refused to materialize, but Luis was very persistent in cycling the system multiple times until it finally became clear that I did indeed new a new motor. He then did the work very quickly. After a few weeks a squeaking sound appeared. Luis came again and resolved that issue quickly. There was no charge for the follow up.

Description of Work
Replace the induction motor in my existing Carrier furnace.

Linda P.

The service was fine. The follow up could have been better as I have not used them in a while. They could have been more informative with reminders.

Description of Work
They replaced parts in the heater. They did air duct cleaning in the past as well.

William E.

They did what they said they would. The job was completed on schedule. They did the work professionally.

Description of Work
They installed a heating and air conditioning in a master bedroom.

Marla R.

I was pleased with the service. The men who came were nice and they did the work within a good amount of time.

Description of Work
They put in a new furnace.

Gary K.

The service has turned out just fine. They are a good company to work with. I would use them again. They are family owned and we always have the same technicians.

Description of Work
Several years ago they put in a dual heating and air conditiong system. They have serviced the system since that time.

Barbara N.

The work has been generally good. We have used them for years and in general the service has been fine. They did mess something up on the last job but they came back twice and fixed the issue.

Description of Work
They repaired our furnace. They do the annual cleaning and maintenance as well.

Edmund P.

They are good. I have used them a number of times.

Description of Work
They have done maintenance on a furnace.

Maria M.

I have used them for eight or nine years. They check the screens and have let me know how often to clean them. They are very thorough. I have had no trouble with the system. They send reminders on appointments as well. They are always on time and they will answer any questions. They are helpful in letting you know exactly what they are doing.

Description of Work
They have checked my heating and air conditioning unit. They have done air duct cleaning.

John T.

It went very well. They have since came out every year to check on the units and the follow up has been excellent.

Description of Work
Installed a new A/C and furnace.

02/11/2013

Michel S.

I called for an appointment and they came out within a couple of hours. They replaced the igniter within a few minutes and my heater was back in business.

Description of Work
My heater stopped working all of a sudden. They came out within hours and replaced the igniter within a few minutes.

01/22/2013

Diana S.

One person came out before Christmas and detailed all the work recommended and included in the estimate.(There was some confusion about the appointment day and time for the estimate, so it had to be scheduled twice, but it turned out not to be a great inconvenience.) Work scheduled and performed a month after the estimate: cleaned hot and cold ducts, burners, blower,and pilot assemblies,checked thermostat, flue safety controls, and chambers. Technician worked with schedules of tenants involved and impressed everyone with his professionalism. Made appropriate recommendations based upon results of examinations made .The estimated cost per vent exceeded the expectations I had from reading other evaluations this firm on Angie's List, but I was told the difference took into consideration the age and condition of the system. It was clear that the cleaning was overdue and produced positive benefits. The technician, an experienced and pleasant individual, completed the tasks in one day, working until after dark. My Angie's List discount coupon was honored. I had the overall impression that the people working in this firm were trained, knowledgeable, experienced, and competent. I do not have the advantage of a prior experience with any other firm by which to make a comparison.

Description of Work
Furnace/Duct Cleaning in rental units done well

11/05/2012

Carina N.

Worked out as expected. Good work.

Description of Work
Our house have 15 ducts and they charge $25 per duct. the return they charge $100. Jimmy was punctual, work was neat and clean. We were very satisfied. I called and they responded right away and Ricky came and gave me the estimate. Thank you.

Category air duct cleaning

08/02/2012

aaron D.

Their quote was quite a bit higher then others I had received. They guy that showed up just went right to the furnace and said oh you need to get the furnace replaced he did not even inspect anything. The other other ones that came out actually did the inspection to give me a real quote this guy never did. He didn't even bother to really respond to my emails he did one but that was it. Overall it was not a good experience.

Description of Work
I got a quote for my furnace from Carol Flynn Inc.

07/12/2012

Mark K.

We conducted our own research on residential HVAC systems and manufacturers and decided on the Carrier Infinity product line. We obtained competing bids from both of the factory-authorized Carrier dealers in our area. Carol J. Flynn's bid was significantly lower than the other dealer and, after extensive review, we decided that the components and services included in both quotes were virtually identical and therefore selected Flynn. Throughout the bid and evaluation process we had ready access to both Juan Sandoval, the President and Owner, and to Ricky Sandoval (Juan's nephew) who did the on-site visit in order to prepare the bid. The small crew who did the work arrived on time each day, were very neat and tidy throughout the process, and completed the work on schedule. The lead technician, Luis, was knowledgeable, communicative, responsive, polite, efficient and friendly. The entire job was done in 5 days as planned, and Luis returned the following week to meet the city inspector and to fine-tune some of the system dampers and control settings. We were extremely pleased and satisfied with the entire project delivered by Carol J. Flynn and would recommend them highly and without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removed 30-year-old gas furnace and all ductwork in our 80-year-old house and installed a new high-efficiency heat pump/fan coil and all new ductwork (including three new vents to improve overall air flow in certain parts of the house) to provide heating, cooling, air purification, humidification/dehumidification, with a multi-zone control system.

07/06/2012

Rodney D.

They were fine; I had no complaints. I have used them quite a bit over the years, every few years. They are comparable to everybody else.

Description of Work
I used Carol Flynn a few months ago.